Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,700 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died (50638 Views)

Say No To That Blood Transfusion!!! I Know Something That Can Help You. DM Now. / Lagos Govt, Jehovah’s Witnesses Clash Over Blood Transfusion For Baby (PHOTOS) / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by okomile(f): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
They are bunch of idiots.

They don't do birthdays either.

Same way my friend lost her father. He had accident along lagos-ibadan expressway. He had head injury. At Osuth in Sagamu, his family refused blood transfusion and he died. As at his burial, blood was oozing out of his head.

Since then, I just refrain from the friendship. I don't want anyone to put unethical ideas into my head.

God rest their souls. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
WhizdomXX:

OMG. Cult standard cheesy cheesy
It is a cult! undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Treadway: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
sanpipita:
The man is a Jehovah witness, he would have taken same decision, why blame the wife, I had a distant uncle who died this way, it was even his choice
Not all jw, follow all the rules, all the time. The case you quoted, you said your self that it was his choice, in this case, most here are just assuming it was his choice as well, simply cos na jw. You do know some jw are told to leave the fold right? Meaning that is ur evidence that some do not follow the stupid rules all the time
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Datikwerreboi(m): 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not according to the Law. undecided
Same law u don't even know what it says in this regards
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:
Should A Wife Be Allowed To Take A Big Decision Without Informing Her In-law?

Good afternoon everybody.i will make this short as possible.

A friend of mine just died in luth (cause of that was anemia). He was operated upon and they told his wife to get blood (2 r.o) for transfusion after the procedure but due to being a jehova witness she decided not to get the blood (jehova witness don't take blood,is against there faith).

She had a back and forth about the blood with the doctors and was asked to sign incase anything happen which she sign without the husband family knowledge....it was only her and her fellow jehova witness that took the decision.

He passed away this midnight, she called her in-law to inform them and I also got the information from the deceased younger brother.

On getting here the family found out the surgery was successful but he died of anemia, the doctors told them it was the wife decision not to get him blood against there prescriptions and infact she signed taking responsibility if anything happens.

A serious fight is happening here, the family are claiming she killed there son which I totally agree to as well.

So this my question, should a wife be allowed to take such a big decision without informing the husband family first.

Note; it was her in-laws that were paying the hospital bills.
actually yes.

May his soul rest in peace.

A wife is usually next of kin, meaning she can take decisions when the husband is unable to.
Especially if the man was of the same faith.

Many women have died in pregnancy because they are Jehovah witnesses and no one bats an eyelash, now the opposite has happened and the front page will not let us have peace

That's why I don't like dealing with them in the pregnancy setting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Brandonx(m): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
She don buy market undecided

If the family of the man cannot frustrate that woman till she forgets the day she was born then they have failed their brother.

Now her fellow religious people left her all alone .

She doesn’t deserve to live undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by mauchiz: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
descartes400:

Are you saying that he cannot change or adapt his belief in the face of superior medical advice when faced with death and life situation?

By bringing the patient to the hospital and not the church, you have left the realm of religion to medical science therefore the edits of medical practice must applied for the sustenance of life and not some religious beliefs

In medical practice, an unconscious patient cannot give an informed consent therefore requiring doctor's intervention in this situation.
The fact is, Medical science or practice requires blood transfusion in order to sustain his life given that the surgery was successful but the doctor due to his negligence and wife's religious belief led to the man's death! How could the doctor allow the wife's religious belief to take the front burner over what was purely a medical decision?
HOW? angry
WHY? angry

Blood transfusion is not free, she would have bought blood before surgery, why did they start the surgery without buying blood?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by aribisala0(m): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Have you ever considered Brushing up on the reality of marriage Law in Nigeria ? undecided
I am hoping you can brush me up that was why I asked you. We have 3 different Marriage laws in Nigeria. You mentioned guardianship as well is there a statute on that with regard to advanced decisions?
It seems to me though that this is not about Marriage law per se but about mental Incapacity and advanced decisions as well as Medical Law.
I doubt that there is any legislation on this in Nigeria but if you believe there is please enlighten me
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by LordReed(m): 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided

Yes she was within her legal rights but good sense would have you inform someone who is paying for something when a decision to be made about that thing. I suspect she knew they would kick against her decision that is why she didn't inform them.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Jefferyhi86(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Na so I nearly lost my sister who got married to a jw cos of love, if not for my rugged mother who intervene, she told dem clearly is either her daughter comes back to her father's house or leave the marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
In the best interest of the patient, the Hospital should have revoked her NOK status and acted in the best interest of their patient..........
Do hospital's have the right to do any such? undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Mikeeytools: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The woman was married to the man at the time of his death, so there is technically nothing wrong with what she did. undecided

Being in charge of the bills does not give one legal guardianship so the in-laws are wrong in assuming they should have been consulted on the matter. So the in-laws should probably work on accepting their loss and moving on from this. undecided
marriage Noe gave her right over his mother?
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by GboyegaD(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Pecoleee345:

Bro is either you are police man or lawyer ooo.
We are all heading to the CMD office right now and this exactly what the ASP just said..waooo

I am none. It is just the rational thing. She can't force her own beliefs on him if he is not but his stance needs be confirmed first.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by DrFunmisticGlow: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Treadway:
Many have echoed your conclusion here, but it is not entirely correct. If the family really wants to take her up, she is in serious trouble. The point/fact is how does she PROVE that the husband consented to her not allowing transfusion under any cirscumstance? The laws of the country tho shambolic is still weightier than any gaddem doctrine, and I can tell you not all jw follow all the rules all the time. She is in soup, unless she is lucky to escape the wrath of her in-laws somehow. If it was someone who wasn't of age eg their child, that can hold water, but for a full grown man she would have to prove explicitly that he was on board with the plan, but she can't cos he is dead as a door nail
if she was his next of kin, then she's exonerated.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Dozie32(m): 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

You get common sense at all?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by MPESA(m): 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Obagofixxy:

Are you happy with this your comment , look at what you just vomited out from your mouth, with what you just said now you need a mental attention

Don't mind the mumu... She for also buried him as well without consulting his family nah because say na stupid wife of the Year.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Xandre: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
The husband wouldn't have wanted a Transfusion too.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Eaglesightfar: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2022
Religion is wicked �
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Datikwerreboi(m): 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
thesicilian:

[s]I agree with you.

On the streets it's a whole different ball game though. I've seen several situations where the (usually poor and illiterate) husband declines a live saving surgery for his wife and the (usually more educated, financially stable) wife's mother gives the doctor the go ahead, signs and provides money for the procedure. The hospital always goes with the patients parents every time.[/s]
You're just as ignorant as that junkie. The laws are clear, only the man has the right to give consent and whereby he's unconscious the state demands his life is saved first by any means including blood transfusion. Make Una de read naw undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
Verysmart101:
You are a very big fool for your comment.How can u joke with ur husbands life because of church doctrine? Are u for real? God will surely judge both of u fools
Interesting! So let's assume the woman had been the one in need of blood here, you think the man wouldn't have done exactly the same? undecided

Cut the bull.. these people do the same to their own children so don't now pretend this isn't normal for JWs. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2022
veektor01:
I see.
But she could get them involved in the payment yeah?.
She did? I don't know of that. undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Codeye(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Just by going to hospital means she initial agreed to all the practices there, hence, she backslide when it comes to blood transfusion stating religious reasons. For that the woman is guilty as charged

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Akinpresident:
No JW is compelled not to take blood. I know them very well. It's a personal decision of each JW based on their conscience. Even if someone goes ahead and take a transfusion, it doesn't mean they're no longer JW. It's an individual thing.
Oh please! undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Govocrete: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Jehovah's witnesses do not accept Blood Transfusion it is against their beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
IamAsiri:
You will be surprised that she might get married next month, to another JW brought to her by their leaders.
Ding ding ding ding ding! undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by aribisala0(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lexusgs430:
In the best interest of the patient, the Hospital should have revoked her NOK status and acted in the best interest of their patient..........
I presume you mean Next of Kin
What does Next of Kin Status mean in LAW. Not Assumption but chapter and verse in legislation

Is there anything like that in law in Nigeria?

To the best of my knowledge
A next of kin has no legal status
It is just a person to call or inform in case of emergency

It means NOTHING in law

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by harmony75: 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Husband is a member with the wife so it's both of them believe she's not guilty!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Britishpea: 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Medical facilities can do circumvent the Law how? By what power abeg? undecided

Did you read where I said no law gives superiority to any party in case of healthcare attendance? And I said some medical facilities and not all, gives recognitions to spouse more. While some will base their liabilities on whoever that brought in the sick person.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
OpokuAfrica:
J.W isnt a cult. Perhaps not accepting blood transfusions is also their way of understanding the Bible. We have several extreme beliefs of various churches, all who claim are base on the Bible. Besides, it could be that, that’s the man’s end and necessary not because of the transfusion he didn’t get. Last two years, my uncle died whilst still on transfusion drip
JW is a cult abeg! undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by DarkJeddi(m): 5:44pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

I would have liked to hear this acerbic assertions,had the victim been related to you..
The Corpse of another always seems like a log of wood to the bystander.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witness Wife Rejected Blood Transfusion For Her Husband & He Died by Kobojunkiee: 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Typing trash as usual. Tie law only gives the man himself the consent to take such a decision. Whereby he is incapacitated,the doctors are allowed to transfuse him. Read before coming to type trash from your anal smelly hole undecided
Wrong! undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Tramadol Is Killing My Friend. How Can We Help? / Miss Sahhara Undergoes Corrective Surgery / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.