Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus (27872 Views)

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by naptu2: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2022
John Chukwuemeka Agbaeze @johnysky22

I once entered a bus from Enugu to Abuja, as always as the journey began, Christians in the bus asked the driver to turn down the music that they wanted to pray, he obliged. The prayers began in earnest, singing, praises, casting and binding etc, afterwards the journey continued.

I for one felt it was unfair for every passenger to be subjected to an involuntary not minding whether they were Christians or not. I decided to pay them back in their own coin.

We got to Flyer Over where these boys stand to hawk kola, I bought a piece then called out to the driver to tune down the music that I wanted to pray. He did and the whole bus fell silent. I began by invoking the ancestors, invoking ezechitoke, eze bu na agu, pouring out traditional prayers and supplications the best I could all the while breaking the kola

Gradually mood inside the bus began to change, hisses here and there, some audibly mumbling and I could swear some where countering the prayers with holy ghost fire. I did not flinch despite the disapproval, a guy behind me was more than happy to be responding, "Iseee!" to my prayers.

I spent nearly 10 minutes praying, stretching it for as long as I could afford and not break down laughing. After the prayers, the hisses and mumbles came like an applause. I gave kola to the guy behind me, offered to everyone around and they summarily ignored me. Some women even behaved like we were quarrelling, another man at the back of the bus clearly amused also took the kola.

After there was an awkward silence for minutes, only the sound of kola being chewed was heard. A woman broke the silence

"Bia nna a kedu ụdị nonsense bụ ihe a imere?" she asked.

"exactly ụdị nonsense gi wa mere too" I responded.

"How did you do this here knowing we don't practice this fetish nonsense with you?" she asked again.

"Exactly the same way you did yours without minding that not all of us practice the same fetish delusional nonsense with you" I replied.

The whole bus mumbled, the guy behind laughed so hard, he was enjoying the exchange.

I ended up spending the next 10 minutes preaching about a lesson in hypocrisy, the usual bible preaching evangelical session we get in buses just me preaching about hypocrisy and how even Jesus abhorred hypocrisy.

Goes without saying that we had a rather awkward journey until after Lokoja before people started to unwind more. Though the woman beside me rolled her eyes a lot at me and made sure there was at no point that her body would touch mine which I greatly appreciated.

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnysky22/status/1503655403787370499

Reactions.

132 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by KangaIye: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
Hahahaha........... I just imagine the Drama and Scenes that must have played out on this day grin grin grin

In it all the Bus Driver is the MVP, the guy just focus and mind his business smiley cheesy

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Mynd44: 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2022
Well Christians and Muslims in Nigeria and bigoted against traditionalists, it is how theu are built

It is so bad that they have convinced themselves that they are right in their bigotry that they have no inch of shane about it. Same way white supremacists don't see themselves as wrong.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by EdgarBounce(m): 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
I would have also joined in to say "Isee" Btw, most women don't just joke with or take lightly any competition or perceived affront to their "God". They can hardly compromise, unlike some men who'd still
care to honour and pray to God or gods in the ol' traditional way.

2 Likes

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by WiszyFraud: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
Did you know??

You are hardly criticized by people doing more than you. You are almost always criticized by people doing less than you.

Hate comes from beneath.

lipsrsealed

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by jeff1993: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2022
Religious hypocrites!!!

If they can hold a prayer session in a bus not minding the religious inclinations of others, You too can do yours. After all we have freedom of religion.

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by falseprophet: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin
Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by ChasinGood(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
I for deck yougrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by seanwilliam(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lol nice one

5 Likes

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Wrecxman(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Hmm
Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by inoki247: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
lol
Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by fypha(f): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
You wan turn Nigerians to yam? grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Ceenachi: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
That guy must b a real comedian grin grin

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Timblogga: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lol, I would have laughed so hard.

I always felt awkward not participating in those bus prayers. This exchange would have been entertaining. grin grin grin grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by preacherz: 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2022
Lol
How U will think u re right and d other guy is wrong baffled d heck out of mua

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by dangermouse(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin cheesy grin

Can't stop laughing.

You just made my day wit this amusing post.

Whatever a man believes and is not injurious to another, so be it.

Religious tolerant is key

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by ALARAPE22(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
Good of you.........You can only believe in what you believe. Barman, I need water please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by BarrElChapo(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
angry
Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by ucheemmadu18(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
I would've eaten the colanut.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by tommy589(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
Nice grin

A very amusing situation grin I wish I was in that bus to see their hypocritical faces..And the height of the hypocrisy is a good number of them are regular callers at herbalist homes

See that charlatan calling himself a pastor,many would have continue using him as a prayer point if he was not caught with cocaine on his way to kenya,

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
naptu2:
John Chukwuemeka Agbaeze @johnysky22

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnysky22/status/1503655403787370499

Reactions.
Odogwu Nwoke! Nalum Azú Aka!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by czarr(m): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
I know it's hypocrisy but I for tear am better knock. I don't care make fight start. We welcome vayolens anywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by rex21: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Did you know??

You are hardly criticized by people doing more than you. You are almost always criticized by people doing less than you.

Hate comes from beneath.

lipsrsealed
This is a very shallow understanding and is certainly not expected of an intellectual. Criticism is not hate. There are constructive and destructive criticism. Criticism is a fertiliser to development and growth.

Let me use your post as an example.

1st reply: oga shut up there, what do you even know, criticism is different from hate (destructive)

2nd reply: this your point is actually shallow, a deep research should point out the difference (constructive)

1st reply will make you want to attack the person if you are one that easily gets excited

2nd reply will most likely push you into research of the subject matter

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Describes What Happened When He Prayed Traditional Prayer In A Bus by Buliwyf: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
More people should be doing this. So those Abrahamic religion clowns will get a taste of their own medicine.

30 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road. / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off / Couple Dies In Sokoto Auto Crash (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.