Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (28008 Views)

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by MosakuAW(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2022
A lady @ogolomaoluchi took to Twitter to narrate how a fancy Hotel rejected her on the day of interview because she was too short for the Job.

Have you ever been rejected for a job because of your height or disabilities and what is your take on this rejection?

Below is her story

Source: Twitter

4 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 17, 2022
ooopp eiyah. you height will not be a material to them. that is they are using you people body for advert

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by house10s2: 8:34am On Mar 17, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
U can be short but if u av a banging body u won`t be rejected.
i guess if she was ur sister u will react differently

322 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Hezzyluv: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Inside life. And I am 6'5ft no job offer.

The only problem I have is, ladies no dey allow me rest and me no dey comfortable with escapade embarassed

91 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:47am On Mar 17, 2022
Better Job is on her way..

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by sherylbaky(f): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2022
No offense, but she said "Hotel" (in a place like VI)
I know I may get some backlashes for this on Nairaland but the truth is some industries deal more with looks than any other thing, hospitality (I mean the top ones) is one of them. Even if you apply for some position in bank without an extreme enticing body/shape, you will not be selected.
It's a known fact everywhere not just in Nigeria, you should know your look/ body shape can get you disqualified for some jobs.

I remember someone saying "ooomo, una get fine fine girls for here o" when I was working for one company few years ago. The truth is beauty is one of the things they consider in that company when recruiting (not only for girls), because they believe they sell looks and naturally or not, you must be presentable at all times.
Most top hospitality need modelled structured individuals especially at the front office or someone with banging body as Yinkaolusesi16 says. It's the plain truth, it's not as if they are selling them, but they add value to the company. It's a form of indoor advert. You may understand better when you have your own business.

Sorry about that babe, but the best for you will soon come where you would be greatly valued just for who you are.

333 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2022
After all you went through to get there on time? This is wickedness!

Mhenn.. I feel so emotional right now.

Why are people so heartless?
He could have just said theyll get back to you. Better than such humiliating words. Chai! And the girl fine for face o.
Some people just talk like untamed animals. No single manners..

Don't worry God will give you a better one to wipe away your tears.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 17, 2022
sherylbaky:
No offense, but she said "Hotel" (in a place like VI)
I know I may get some backlashes for this on Nairaland but the truth is some industries deal more with looks than any other thing, hospitality (I mean the top ones) is one of them. Even if you apply for some position in bank without an extreme enticing body/shape, you will not be selected.
It's a known fact everywhere not just in Nigeria, you should know your look/ body shape can get you disqualified for some jobs.

I remember someone saying "ooomo, una get fine fine girls for here o" when I was working for one company few years ago. The truth is beauty is one of the things they consider in that company when recruiting (not only for girls), because they believe they sell looks and naturally or not, you must be presentable at all times.
Most top hospitality need modelled structured individuals especially at the front office or someone with banging body as Yinkaolusesi16 says. It's the plain truth, it's not as if they are selling them, but they add value to the company. It's a form of indoor advert. You may understand better when you have your own business.

Sorry about that babe, but the best for you will soon come where you would be greatly valued just for who you are.

Stop saying what you don't know.

What do you mean by "a hotel in a place like VI"?
Is hotel a beauty or fashion outfit?
What has looks got to do with hospitality and hoteling?

I've worked in Federal palace and Eko Hotel respectively; all in VI and I know so many short guys and ladies working as receptionist in these hotels without discrimination of any kind.

My ex works in Chevron Hotels at Chevron drive lekki and he's average (though he calls himself short man). One of their receptionist is a shorty too. So what are trying to say?

You're also wrong to say someone should consider their body shape and type before going for certain jobs. Mehn! Like what law says that? or its you just making up all these.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by dedons: 10:49am On Mar 17, 2022
You will soon get a job for short people.

This I have seen.

9 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Gosj001: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2022
Hmm
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by yuping(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2022
undecided let's help each other grow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by LogicBomb8: 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
Too bad .s...t. life matters God 4bid
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by LikeAking: 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
The new world is not for short people. Sorry!
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by abokikhalifa: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Now she as an excuse to venture into prostitution.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by HYDEEE: 1:40pm On Mar 17, 2022
abokikhalifa:

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by HYDEEE: 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
Maybe she snap passport and her leg con dey show. cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
I reserve my comment. But you should tell us your height in your message so that human rights activist on the platform can help you.
MosakuAW:
A lady @ogolomaoluchi took to Twitter to narrate how a fancy Hotel rejected her on the day of interview because she was too short for the Job.

Have you ever been rejected for a job because of your height or disabilities and what is your take on this rejection?

Below is her story

Source: Twitter

@mynd44, @lalastical

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by respect80(m): 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
abokikhalifa:
Maybe. Because I don't know why she quickly had to use that as a major reason why girls go into prostitution.

Well, she's free to go into oloshoism if she's not willing to shoot her shot elsewhere.
Las las na her towtow and body go tell her

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Stevenson20: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
We really have serious problem in this country honestly. We focus on physical look than what people have to offer intellectually. Looks may be deceiving that's why we employ people that are dead upstairs.

Keep on applying, don't let anybody make you feel less

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by iamyemiakins(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Which kain level na undecided

4 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by GboyegaD(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
That was rude of the interviewer. Anyways, this isn't your job.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sue dem u might win
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by chaseblack(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Si
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by CoronaVirusPro: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Why I always advocate that short people shouldn't be getting married to each other.

The government needs to prohibit union. With the rate at which short people are getting married now, the average height in Nigeria might be 3 feet in years to come.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Mko123(m): 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sorry, you should have created a scene there immediately after that disappointment.

I was once told that short people are more smarter and intelligent than their counterpart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by thesicilian: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
First it's a private company so they have every right to decide what criteria they will use for employment. Although personally I would have given another excuse to disqualify her.

7 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Elianawalker(f): 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sorry dear...

Small rejection now you are already eying prostitution...

Give yourself brain oh...

14 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by NoFucksToGive: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Inside life. And I am 6'5ft no job offer

Do you look like a guy? That could be the reason... Just saying
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Deeprooted: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin

Wear heels next time

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / Is This Appointment Letter Genuine? / New Federal Government Job And IPPIS Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.