Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (28018 Views)

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Candidlady: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
[s]
abokikhalifa:
Now she as an excuse to venture into prostitution.
[/s]
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by ThePointMan(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
The next trending news.

She is about to blow on social media.

Write this down.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Charx122: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
MosakuAW:
A lady @ogolomaoluchi took to Twitter to narrate how a fancy Hotel rejected her on the day of interview because she was too short for the Job.

Have you ever been rejected for a job because of your height or disabilities and what is your take on this rejection?

Below is her story

Source: Twitter

Painful but not to worry big things come in small sizes
Your bigger than that so called fancy Job so keep your head up high
Don't let any asshole look or talk down on you. The sky isn't your limit
you will reach for the Stars and beyond. �

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Kestolove(m): 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Newton2024:
They are usually mean and aggressive but not all of them.
my brother, 99% of them are wicked nd dont forgive..
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by ignis: 3:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Next time wear very tall high heel shoe.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by LastProphet: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
sherylbaky:
No offense, but she said "Hotel" (in a place like VI)
I know I may get some backlashes for this on Nairaland but the truth is some industries deal more with looks than any other thing, hospitality (I mean the top ones) is one of them. Even if you apply for some position in bank without an extreme enticing body/shape, you will not be selected.
It's a known fact everywhere not just in Nigeria, you should know your look/ body shape can get you disqualified for some jobs.

I remember someone saying "ooomo, una get fine fine girls for here o" when I was working for one company few years ago. The truth is beauty is one of the things they consider in that company when recruiting (not only for girls), because they believe they sell looks and naturally or not, you must be presentable at all times.
Most top hospitality need modelled structured individuals especially at the front office or someone with banging body as Yinkaolusesi16 says. It's the plain truth, it's not as if they are selling them, but they add value to the company. It's a form of indoor advert. You may understand better when you have your own business.

Sorry about that babe, but the best for you will soon come where you would be greatly valued just for who you are.

Gbam!

3 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by simpleseyi: 3:05pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mercychen:

Keep quiet! Stop saying what you don't know.

What do you mean by "a hotel in a place like VI"?
Is hotel a beauty or fashion outfit?
What has looks got to do with hospitality and hoteling?

I've worked in Federal palace and Eko Hotel respectively; all in VI and I know so many short guys and ladies working as receptionist in these hotels without discrimination of any kind.

My ex works in Chevron Hotels at Chevron drive lekki and he's average (though he calls himself short man). One of their receptionist is a shorty too. So what are trying to say?

You're also wrong to say someone should consider their body shape and type before going for certain jobs. Mehn! Like what law says that or its you who's just coming up with warped opinions?

Abeg shift!

So your own calling is working in different hotels, even sleeping with fellow hotel workers in the name of dating? You need deliverance from all spirits of Oloshoism.

2 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Johnchrix(m): 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mercychen:
After all you went through to get there on time? This is wickedness!

Mhenn.. I feel so emotional right now.

Why are people so heartless?
He could have just said theyll get back to you. Better than such humiliating words. Chai! And the girl fine for face o.
Some people just talk like untamed animals. No single manners..

Don't worry God will give you a better one to wipe away your tears.
Guy u just kept this crying photos to use in commenting..oo

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Johel(m): 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
MosakuAW:
A lady @ogolomaoluchi took to Twitter to narrate how a fancy Hotel rejected her on the day of interview because she was too short for the Job.

Have you ever been rejected for a job because of your height or disabilities and what is your take on this rejection?

Below is her story

Source: Twitter

Better offers on the way...Bleep em
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by SeriouslySense(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy They are not serious, what has height got to do with the Job

Deeprooted:
grin

Wear heels next time

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by sylve11: 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Inside life. And I am 6'5ft no job offer

Nepa pole well done. cool

2 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Emma1Oj(m): 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kestolove:
I dont blame d hotel, short people are wicked
Hajia... Be calming down..has an enlightened person u don't have to say it jus trade consciously
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by lapazi(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mercychen:

Keep quiet! Stop saying what you don't know.

What do you mean by "a hotel in a place like VI"?
Is a hotel a beauty or fashion outfit?
What have looks got to do with hospitality and hoteling?

I've worked in Federal palace and Eko Hotel respectively; all in VI and I know so many short guys and ladies working as receptionist in these hotels without discrimination of any kind.

My ex works in Chevron Hotels at Chevron drive lekki and he's average (though he calls himself short man). One of their receptionist is a shorty too. So what are trying to say?

You're also wrong to say someone should consider their body shape and type before going for certain jobs. Mehn! Like what law says that or its you who's just coming up with warped opinions?

Abeg shift!

I understand why you're angry, I completely agree with you. BUT the person you quoted is also not entirely wrong because a company can decide to have its own internal policy on recruitment.

On the topic at hand, I feel for the young lady, however, there are two sides to a story always.
I can only imagine her drenched, makeup out of place because she was wet and still meeting the interviews, this might have thrown them off.
I also feel its completely irresponsible on the hands of the recruiters to use such comments or give her such feedback (if at all its true)

Thats messed up. I hope her disappointment turns into a blessing

4 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Jmichael1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
YinkaOlusesi16:
U can be short but if u av a banging body u won`t be rejected.

i swear....
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by illuminutty: 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
Too short to reach their goal/target.

I don't blame them. You can't give what you don't have grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by seandurse(m): 3:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
This shouldn't be a gateway into prostition. Play some IYAZ-REPLAY.... Another man food na another man poison

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Kobicove(m): 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Every job role has its requirements!

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by BabaIbo: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Some of these job seekers apply for jobs knowing they didn't meet the job descriptions fully and will come to social media to cry of sentiment.

They won't put their business in disadvantageous position because they want to employ you.

The interviewer was even nice to tell you the truth to avoid you wasting your time and energy waiting for a call or email.

They have requirement and it is their business to get someone that meets it.

If you start your own, you can employ people who don't meet up with what you want.

5 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Realmi: 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2022
That job is not God's plan for u....
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Isaacclinton(m): 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Eyaa..feel sorry for you cry[color=#990000][/color] cry cry
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by onyenatruchi: 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
But why are women naturally short in nature lipsrsealed Whenever i attend any occasion, i usually check the ladies out lipsrsealed If you see 20 Ladies, 2 or 3 amongst them are always tall, while the rest are short lipsrsealed You hardly see a Tall Lady these days lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Sunnydoo: 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
U can't blame them.

Just keep trying. Sooner or later u gonna be an employer of labour and won't discriminate
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by abokikhalifa: 3:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Candidlady:
[s][/s]
Abi na lie ?
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Bahamas95(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
I don't take rejection serious, that job isn't meant for her that was why it happened like that.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Archworld(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
sherylbaky:
No offense, but she said "Hotel" (in a place like VI)
I know I may get some backlashes for this on Nairaland but the truth is some industries deal more with looks than any other thing, hospitality (I mean the top ones) is one of them. Even if you apply for some position in bank without an extreme enticing body/shape, you will not be selected.
It's a known fact everywhere not just in Nigeria, you should know your look/ body shape can get you disqualified for some jobs.

I remember someone saying "ooomo, una get fine fine girls for here o" when I was working for one company few years ago. The truth is beauty is one of the things they consider in that company when recruiting (not only for girls), because they believe they sell looks and naturally or not, you must be presentable at all times.
Most top hospitality need modelled structured individuals especially at the front office or someone with banging body as Yinkaolusesi16 says. It's the plain truth, it's not as if they are selling them, but they add value to the company. It's a form of indoor advert. You may understand better when you have your own business.

Sorry about that babe, but the best for you will soon come where you would be greatly valued just for who you are.

I once applied for FRSC job . They focus on your disabilities to the extent they chest your chest, legs , height and others . Some job have criteria, it's normal . Hardly will you see a dwarf police officer

2 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Kobicove(m): 3:19pm On Mar 17, 2022
toujurs:
So she added how rain beat her, so we would all know she suffered no be small, undecided

grin
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Way4orward: 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
It's painful. It's what it's. Life goes on

Never give up keep applying.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Kobicove(m): 3:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
Sunnydoo:
U can't blame them.

Just keep trying. Sooner or later u gonna be an employer of labour and won't discriminate

When she starts running her own business which needs to generate revenue and make profit she will realise that sometimes you need to take some unpopular decisions undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by respect80(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
abokikhalifa:

If only she knows how many unsuccessful job interviews guys have gone through

As in ehnn...
I left the job I was doing in January because of the heavy stress and low pay. Ever since then, it's been from one interview to another grin
The last one I even attended was last week and the whole process was so organised. they even sent me my score so I thought I had made it in life. Only for them to later inform me to come with some money to get some training materials for the job. I did some findings about the organisation which I didn't had time to do because of the short interval between my application and the call for interview.
Las las, I got info from a legit source that everything they were doing was just packaging. Na so I weak...
Aluta continua...
Victoria acerta

3 Likes

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by DRCIC(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
The interviewer lacks etiquette and professionalism simple.
What stops them from interviewing her and don't employ her since she lacks d physical built they require for d Job.
Babe ure not less endowed, height does not limit anyone, it's ur mental capacity that does.
Also it's not a good reason for considering prostitution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / I Need Clue(s) On Bovas Group Of Company Limited Interview / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.