Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,777 members, 7,798,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (28001 Views)

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Besty27: 4:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
You be mumu 70 years old man
YinkaOlusesi16:
U can be short but if u av a banging body u won`t be rejected.

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by 8stargeneral: 4:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
There's no love again...sorry dear..God will provide u a better job
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by frowland(m): 4:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mercychen:

Keep quiet! Stop saying what you don't know.

What do you mean by "a hotel in a place like VI"?
Is hotel a beauty or fashion outfit?
What has looks got to do with hospitality and hoteling?

I've worked in Federal palace and Eko Hotel respectively; all in VI and I know so many short guys and ladies working as receptionist in these hotels without discrimination of any kind.

My ex works in Chevron Hotels at Chevron drive lekki and he's average (though he calls himself short man). One of their receptionist is a shorty too. So what are trying to say?

You're also wrong to say someone should consider their body shape and type before going for certain jobs. Mehn! Like what law says that or its you who's just coming up with warped opinions?

Abeg shift!

Have you been to intercontinental?
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ur picture pls
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Hezzyluv: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2022
sylve11:

Nepa pole well done. cool

Lol....
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by KazikageSama: 4:28pm On Mar 17, 2022
Like someone said, Twitter is now the dumping ground for twitter.
All gists from Twitter, someone will copy and create a thread here and then the Mods will move to the front page.

We need to do better really. This is becoming really boring.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Oturatetuala(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Rubbish... If that is your opinion then that company is taking advantage of you all nothing like body shape when it comes to good company all they need is what u have in ur brain to offer them..

quote author=sherylbaky post=111110380]No offense, but she said "Hotel" (in a place like VI)
I know I may get some backlashes for this on Nairaland but the truth is some industries deal more with looks than any other thing, hospitality (I mean the top ones) is one of them. Even if you apply for some position in bank without an extreme enticing body/shape, you will not be selected.
It's a known fact everywhere not just in Nigeria, you should know your look/ body shape can get you disqualified for some jobs.

I remember someone saying "ooomo, una get fine fine girls for here o" when I was working for one company few years ago. The truth is beauty is one of the things they consider in that company when recruiting (not only for girls), because they believe they sell looks and naturally or not, you must be presentable at all times.
Most top hospitality need modelled structured individuals especially at the front office or someone with banging body as Yinkaolusesi16 says. It's the plain truth, it's not as if they are selling them, but they add value to the company. It's a form of indoor advert. You may understand better when you have your own business.

Sorry about that babe, but the best for you will soon come where you would be greatly valued just for who you are.[/quote]
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by UEDIBO: 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
Elianawalker:
Sorry dear...

Small rejection now you are already eying prostitution...

Give yourself brain oh...

Fine girl.
How are you.
Your beauty dey enter my eyes.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Evakel: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hight and beauty has become the main criteria for employment in some hotels and banks. that's why most staff lack professionalism and have poor attitude to work.
Op be grateful and move on. You'll get a good job.
There's one hotel in Abuja (Asokoro) that's the criteria they used for recruitment. In Front office and service areas. They specifically stated that they needed tall, light skinned ladies n guys with swag in these areas.Nose rings and ankle chains are allowed for staff in that hotel. why would they employe staff with swag instead of merit and right attitude to work if not that they want to be giving them out to their customers for prostitution/ customer satisfaction. Nonsense
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Inside life. And I am 6'5ft no job offer.

The only problem I have is, ladies no dey allow me rest and me no dey comfortable with escapade embarassed
This life na spring I swr e no fit ever balance I am 6'4 and I would give anything up even my useless height just to get a job.
ASUU has decided to render me useless cry
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by willbayo(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Inside life. And I am 6'5ft no job offer.

The only problem I have is, ladies no dey allow me rest and me no dey comfortable with escapade embarassed
ND u no play basketball?? Dey don thief your destiny
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by vikstandon(m): 4:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
The interviewer is a tout or prostitute...Even if she didn't meet her criteria for height...does she have to be blunt as to body shame her.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Elianawalker(f): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
UEDIBO:

Fine girl.
How are you.
Your beauty dey enter my eyes.
sorry no vex... let me shift so it wont enter your eye again grin
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by ojj(m): 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
You need to take a chill pill that's how these hospitality biz operate,I know someone that is fair and pretty that went for job interview in an hotel in VI,she was rejected becus she was not brown skin and tall,that's what they are looking for becus that's the kind of ladies their customers like seeing
Mercychen:

I've worked in Federal palace and Eko Hotel respectively; all in VI and I know so many short guys and ladies working as receptionist in these hotels without discrimination of any kind.

My ex works in Chevron Hotels at Chevron drive lekki and he's average (though he calls himself short man). One of their receptionist is a shorty too. So what are trying to say?

You're also wrong to say someone should consider their body shape and type before going for certain jobs. Mehn! Like what law says that or its you who's just coming up with warped opinions?

Abeg shift!
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Hezzyluv: 4:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Remag666:

This life na spring I swr e no fit ever balance I am 6'4 and I would give anything up even my useless height just to get a job.
ASUU has decided to render me useless cry

Hahaha.....

Go learn hand work you no go regret am. Las Las, if you finished school without handwork, you maybe looking for job opanda

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by heniford2: 4:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
Next time wear high hills grin cheesy Nigeria is demonic
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Hezzyluv: 4:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
willbayo:

ND u no play basketball?? Dey don thief your destiny

Na me tell you abi you just concluded?
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
ojj:
You need to take a chill pill that's how these hospitality biz operate,I know someone that is fair and pretty that went for job interview in an hotel in VI,she was rejected becus she was not brown skin and tall,that's what they are looking for becus that's the kind of ladies their customers like seeing

Then they should have stated the criteria in their vacancy advert instead of making her feel miserable by telling her at the die minute.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by willbayo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Na me tell you abi you just concluded?
I no dey see u 4 my TV screen na
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by jamilnitrate(m): 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
Maybe the you they saw on your profile is different from the you on earth surface.

� Na y if I check profile pics I must search gallery for complete pics.

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by cayorday89(m): 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2022
yuping:
undecided let's help each other grow.
I saw what you did, maybe you should get her a heel.

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Hezzyluv: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
willbayo:

I no dey see u 4 my TV screen na

You 4ny die grin

Even if you see me, how could you envisage it's me grin
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by abokikhalifa: 5:22pm On Mar 17, 2022
respect80:

Good idea.
I'm considering this too. The dimensions things have taken makes me wonder if I can survive on salary and what kind of parent I would be when I got a family to take care of.
I've got intention to learn one particular skill and I hope to build a career around it. Just tussling around trying to gather some money to pay for the registration.
I know it won't be easy but I'm determined to achieve beyond what my certificate can offer.

On God bro.

1 Like

Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by RedPilChurchBoy: 5:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nature has cheated you. Sorry
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by willbayo(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:

You 4ny die grin

Even if you see me, how could you envisage it's me grin
Ballers no dey nairaland
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Testimony1988(m): 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
She shouldn't give up, there is still hope ahead.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by LINTUNE(m): 6:00pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mercychen:

Abeg shift!
u are just being emotional, and it makes u sound stupid...what that girl wrote is the gospel truth,your emotions doesn't change anything.
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Elidrisy20: 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
Na how many inches you be?
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Bbbw: 6:41pm On Mar 17, 2022
That’s perspective discrimination
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Uchesco01: 6:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
MosakuAW:
A lady @ogolomaoluchi took to Twitter to narrate how a fancy Hotel rejected her on the day of interview because she was too short for the Job.

Have you ever been rejected for a job because of your height or disabilities and what is your take on this rejection?

Below is her story

Source: Twitter

Picture of you being short or i don't believe it
Re: Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
LINTUNE:
u are just being emotional, and it makes u sound stupid...what that girl wrote is the gospel truth,your emotions doesn't change anything.

You are the one sounding stupid, coming to correct someone with derogatory words.
You can make your points without being stupid and saucy.

Look, stay off my mentions. I'm not one of those brats you talk to anyhow on here. ok?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Wolf Of Wall Street" - 5 Mindsets Every Graduate MUST Have In 2018 / INDORAMA ELEME PETROCHEMICALS LTD LAUNCH "INDORAMA ENGINEER TRAINEE PROGRAM" / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.