Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! (2026 Views)

Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {english Language Thread} / UTME Use Of English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2011
Show off your rhetorical prowess in English. Make sure the grammar/ spelling is correct. Let it be original. Any subject welcome. I'll kick this off by saying this:

[size=13pt]The ruinous quagmire that has enveloped the nation constitutes an almost impassable bottleneck that has beffudled even the most intellectual of our politians. [/size]
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Serendipity: 10:53am On Jul 01, 2011
Mastery 'of' English and NOT 'for'. Okay.
Now, Not all that coruscates with respledence are auriferous.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2011
Mr Serendipity

I did spot the error but I was constrained by Nairaland’s overbearing editing policies to effect a correction. Each time, my exertions were nullified and I got this undignified error missive that my editing rights had been curbed.

Nevertheless, I applaud your fastidiousness in unearthing this minor misdemeanour of my computer keyboard.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by kasiem(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2011
The most ecclectic conumdrum can be demystified and made jejune with spirit of tenacity, which is inherent in bullish people, who sees it implausible to be lackadaiscal in life. That's the reason behind the proving of their mettle in every supposed complexity.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2011
kasiem:

The most ecclectic conumdrum can be demystified and made jejune with spirit of tenacity, which is inherent in bullish people, who sees it implausible to be lackadaiscal in life. That's the reason behind the proving of their mettle in every supposed complexity.
grin
Albeit the above is an unequivocal fact of life, I still percieve a certain hilarity in the language construct.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2011
Jargons
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by kasiem(m): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2011
carbonsyb:

Jargons
when u plunge into an eerie milieu of lexicographers , u save urself the ignominy of appearing risible in the scene by keeping mute. A pariah will always strive to stand sui generis by impugning aristocrats, but, u antic has been negated with our ignoring ur dissipating and nugatory presence.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2011
Look up d meaning of jargon in d dico and save yrself d stress of unnecessary outpour.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2011
carbonsyb:

Look up d meaning of jargon in d dico and save yrself d stress of unnecessary outpour.
grin
Despite his earlier cynical conjecture, he could not help dabbling into the rhetorical melee. His last treatise attests to that.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Excelboi(m): 6:03pm On Jul 01, 2011
Blaaa blaaa blaaaa
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Odunnu: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2011
Lol. I like this.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
^^ y not drop urz, i'll luv 2 read some lines of urs.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Odunnu: 5:58am On Jul 02, 2011
I wont even try. I'll just make a fun of myself.
Oya, drop yours
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 02, 2011
Hehehehe, so u cant? But if na 2 copy all flavor lines now u go sabi, abi na lie? "Ara da ra ada ada go, nke kwu oto ka ga adakwa"
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2011
Hehehehe, so u cant? But if na 2 copy all flavor lines now u go sabi, abi na lie? "Ara da ra ada ada go, nke kwu oto ka ga adakwa"
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by kasiem(m): 2:59pm On Jul 03, 2011
carbonsyb:

it's ostensible that u are here to emasculate and deride our lexical demeanour with ur denigatory innuendoes. Sine dai, ur vacuous act wouldn't have scintilla effect on our flair.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by kasiem(m): 8:35am On Jul 04, 2011
The mods need to be apprised of the exigency to elevate this thread to home page.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by oracular: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
the nation is in a cyclic state of chaos drawing us into a typhoon of doom in proximate potency grin
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by oracular: 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2011
i am on flustered, hot and bother, frazzled out- i crave for eldorado,
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by oracular: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
who are these shinanigans posing as literary pundits
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by oracular: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2011
translate your verbal gymnastics into syllables and morphemes!
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 7:02pm On Jul 04, 2011
oracular:

the nation is in a cyclic state of chaos drawing us into a typhoon of doom in proximate potency grin

grin
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by ChScott(m): 10:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
Demo-crazy
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by kasiem(m): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2011
The gravity of this salient topic is daunting folks away to eschew ensnaring themselves into alfresco scorn.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2012
Methinks the complexity of lexical construct has led to the abandonment of this rhetorical exchange.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Emmyk(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
See mirth! cheesy. You guys are not making it perspicuous.. I bet mine is not skewwhiff, eventhough it's minuscule and minutiae
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by jamebex(m): 6:36am On Apr 10, 2012
I relish the cerebration of been in a bevy of erudite savants.
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by IBEXY(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2012
Whither hides the erudite inhabitants of this enclave?
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Emmyk(m): 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
IBEXY: Whither hides the erudite inhabitants of this enclave?
I tell you what, this is easy to decipher. wink
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by xtophy(m): 8:59pm On Dec 27, 2013
awon weere radarada lo wa nibiyi oooooooooooooooooo....just spewing irrelevant, incomprehensible nonsense
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by tammyboy1(m): 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
I wil nt b party 2 dz form of biogratic ideology dt contradicts wit ma own personal idrocincracy provided its nt metamophosing into any form of social,academic or financial jingoism..braaahhh!!!!....
Re: Show Off Your Mastery Of English Language! by Chimex388: 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2013
IBEXY: Methinks the complexity of lexical construct has led to the abandonment of this rhetorical exchange.
I concur wit you. The pain experienced by this forums miscreants at the moment on beholding this post must be excruciating as their impetus to boldly rise to this level of unequalled vocabulary expression has been buried under the hatchet in other not to expose their stack level of acquaintance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Months Siwes In Usa,england Or Canada , Is It Possible? / 2015/2016 Federal Government Overseas Scholarship Awards For Nigerian Students / Pictures From Lautech 2014/2015 Matriculation Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.