Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War (1901 Views)

Putin Says 'Russia Has No Ill Intentions' / Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) / RUSSIA Has Vowed To SINK British Warships The Next They Sail Too Close To Crimea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Data gathered from Kyiv Independence.
Data gathered by: Theodor Kaljo
Twitter handle: @TKaljo

Note that this does not include other losses incured as a result of continuing sanctions.

1. over 12, 000 troops (CIA and MI6 estimated over 7,000)
2. 58 planes

1 Share

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Ammishaddai: 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lol...propaganda style grin

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
3. 62 MLRS
4. 33 Anti-aircraft defense system.
5. 135 Artillery pieces.

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ammishaddai:
Lol...propaganda style grin

Russia's ministry of defense has admitted some of these casualties. Why d9 you think the war has being stalled? Do you think it is the wish of the Russians to remain without success for a war that ought to round up within 72 hours?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by KUNZEH(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Okay
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
83 Helicopters

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
7 UAVs

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Investigative: 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
They lost all this
Yet Ukraine that never lost a thing is begging for no fly zone at same time crying for help

7 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Ammishaddai: 2:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
[s]
Powersurge:

Russia's ministry of defense has admitted some of these casualties. Why d9 you think the war has being stalled? Do you think it is the wish of the Russians to remain without success for a war that ought to round up within 72 hours?
[/s] What are you saying..? As it stands now , 5 cities in Ukraine have been captured by Russian forces and Russian troops have surrounded Kyiv the state capital.

All Ukriane has now are just armed civilians with rifles and Putin doesn't want to start engaging civilians which is why he's opened a line of discussions with Ukrainian authorities to come and discuss it's neutrality peaceably. That's why the war has been halted and not the other way round undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
Summary.

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] What are you saying..? As it stands now , 5 cities in Ukraine have been captured by Russian forces and Russian troops have surrounded Kyiv the state capital.

All Ukriane has now are just armed civilians with rifles and Putin doesn't want to start engaging civilians which is why he's opened a line of discussions with Ukrainian authorities to come and discuss it's neutrality peaceably. That's why the war has been halted and not the other way round undecided

Capturing Ukrainian cities is not an unexpected event in a war between the second "best" military and the 24th. The war is taking place in Ukraine, hence these things are normal.

When Japan took war to China, she captured and governed China for almost a year.

There is something called pyrrhic victory. A pyrrhic victory is the fight you won that left you bruised and half dead. In San Zu's Art of Wat, this is not a worthy fight.

In the end, Russia might end up capturing Ukraine. But at what cost? The rate at which Russia is losing personnel and equipment if this war prolong beyond 6 months, it will caused devastation to the country. Russia's economy is not so good before now. A country with that kind of economy keeping over 2 million soldiers and massive military presence would eventually implode. That was the problem of the Soviet Union. A country with relatively bad economy diverting billions into military would cause self implosion. You can see already how some SU-30 fighter jets are using commercial aircraft radal system.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by huptin(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2022
Even Putin admitted as much in his last speech, saying that the west is just using this war as a pretext to dismember Russia.

All I know is :

1. There won't be a winner in this war, only losers.

2 Russia's economy will take a very long time to recover

3. The rich Oligarchs aren't happy with Putin but most of them are out of Russia any way they won't be able to hurt him

4. The west will try to weaken Russia further by creating an insurgency or strong opposition, a lot of Russians that used to be afraid of Putin, would have appraised this war and realised that Russia's military prowess has been grossly exaggerated and may try to confront him

5. Putin will keep fighting internal aggression, he will alienate himself further ad further, he may try to be more Brutish but age is no longer on his side.

6. Russia and other world leaders will think very well, before they invade smaller countries henceforth, less they be Putined.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by tillaman(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ukraine no loose anything ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Investigative: 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2022
huptin:
Even Putin admitted as much in his last speech, saying that the west is just using this war as a pretext to dismember Russia.

All I know is :

1. There won't be a winner in this war, only losers.

2 Russia's economy will take a very long time to recover

3. The rich Oligarchs aren't happy with Putin but most of them are out of Russia any way they won't be able to hurt him

4. The west will try to weaken Russia further by creating an insurgency or strong opposition, a lot of Russians that used to be afraid of Putin, would have appraised this war and realised that Russia's military prowess has been grossly exaggerated and may try to confront him

5. Putin will keep fighting internal aggression, he will alienate himself further ad further, he may try to be more Brutish but age is no longer on his side.

6. Russia and other world leaders will think very well, before they invade smaller countries henceforth, less they be Purined.
Mr war analyst
Russia motive for invading Ukraine is to stop them from joining NATO
And also demilitarizing Ukraine
At same time donbask region to secced
Lastly is regime change and
In all of this they have achieved it
The one thing left is regime change
Once they achieve their aim they have won the war
Because they didn't destroy Ukraine like America did to Libya didn’t made Russia loosers

3 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Investigative: 3:06pm On Mar 17, 2022
tillaman:
Ukraine no loose anything ?
Reason behind Russia invasion
Demilitarization of Ukraine
Not joining NATO
Recognition of donbask
Regime change
All have been achieved except regime changing
Carpet bombing like Libya and Iraq
Is not winning war

4 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 3:09pm On Mar 17, 2022
Investigative:

Reason behind Russia invasion
Demilitarization of Ukraine
Not joining NATO
Recognition of donbask
Regime change
All have been achieved except regime changing
Carpet bombing like Libya and Iraq
Is not winning war

Russia should thank her stars that Ukraine is a poor and corrupt country without any tangible military advantage. If Ukraine had solid air defense system, the devastations caused by Russia's cruise missiles wouldn't happen. If this war had happened between Russia and Israel or Turkey, Russia would have gotten serious bloody nose. Look at the rotten equipments Russia has. Their best tank, the T80 was just popping all over the place in the hand of Javelin.

The distance between Russian army and say , British army is very far (forget the yeye rating). Ordinary logistics is a problem. So much problem that soldiers were looting stores to eat. And this is a war between neighbors. Imagine for a moment that Russia is taking war to another government in another continent.

This war has opened up many flaws about the Russian military capacity. The massive tanks they have became practically useless.

5 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by YeyeGbami: 3:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
No light, no fuel. How una con carry oyinbo problem for head dey amaze me. Na hunger go kill most of una.

No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
YeyeGbami:
No light, no fuel. How una con carry oyinbo problem for head dey amaze me. Na hunger go kill most of una.

No hard feelings
Anything to distract me from Nigeria wahala. U cn see another ancestor warming up to become president. He will become president and the circle continues. I don give up for Naija. Make God pick my call.
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by huptin(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2022
Investigative:

Mr war analyst
Russia motive for invading Ukraine is to stop them from joining NATO
And also demilitarizing Ukraine
At same time donbask region to secced
Lastly is regime change and
In all of this they have achieved it
The one thing left is regime change
Once they achieve their aim they have won the war
Because they didn't destroy Ukraine like America did to Libya didn’t made Russia loosers

Ok. I always expected that Putin will take any thing that looks like victory and exit Ukraine fast. He knows the longer he stays there the more he exposes his flank but it is too late, the West have analysed his weapons and strategy, he used to be feared cos no one knew how his mind works, now that anonymity have been demystified, they now know he is more irational than strategic. Their plan is to weaken Russia, economically and millitarily, he fell for the bait and now the beginning of the end has started.

You can write this down.

6 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Investigative: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
huptin:

Ok. I always expected that Putin will take any thing that looks like victory and exit Ukraine fast. He knows the longer he stays there the more he exposes his flank but it is too late, the West have analysed his weapons and strategy, he used to be feared cos no one knew how his mind works, now that anonymity have been demystified, they now know he is more irational than strategic. Their plan is to weaken Russia, economically and millitarily, he fell for the bait and now the beginning of the end has started.

You can write this down.
War analyst
You just discover one mystery weapon fired by Russia and you claiming analyst
If Russia is out to destroy Ukraine like us did to Libya
They don't need their secrete weapon to do that

2 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Investigative: 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2022
Powersurge:

Russia should thank her stars that Ukraine is a poor and corrupt country without any tangible military advantage. If Ukraine had solid air defense system, the devastations caused by Russia's cruise missiles wouldn't happen. If this war had happened between Russia and Israel or Turkey, Russia would have gotten serious bloody nose. Look at the rotten equipments Russia has. Their best tank, the T80 was just popping all over the place in the hand of Javelin.

The distance between Russian army and say , British army is very far (forget the yeye rating). Ordinary logistics is a problem. So much problem that soldiers were looting stores to eat. And this is a war between neighbors. Imagine for a moment that Russia is taking war to another government in another continent.

This war has opened up many flaws about the Russian military capacity. The massive tanks they have became practically useless.
See this kid that think war is a video game
Analyzing shit on his bedroom

3 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by ken6488(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
Ukraine should keep wining on social media
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Mille: 4:23pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nairaland mods will soon push the propaganda to Front page. They have been posting Ukrainian news and propaganda while suppressing Russian news, Ukrainian defeats and Ukrainian war crimes.

They even banned me for having the audacity (with referenced sources) to post about Ukrainian TV stations aka, Nazi TV station calling for the Genocide of Russian Children. Horus. The first ever comment I put out concerning the special operation in Ukraine.

See the news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7032560/video-ukrainian-tv-presenter-calls

You can see how the link removes the genocide in the title. So much for free speech

Seun, osystein, mukina2, HumbledbYGrace, Mynd44, why was I banned for posting verified news where even the news station apologized?

4 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by respect80(m): 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2022
shocked

This is uncalled for
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Merisbankie(m): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
huptin:

You can write this down.
You think he is a fool to let the usa knows of his capabilities

2 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Horus(m): 4:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mille:
Nairaland mods push the propaganda to Front page. They have been posting Ukrainian news and propaganda while suppressing Russian news, Ukrainian defeats and Ukrainian war crimes.

They even banned me for having the audacity (with referenced sources) to post about Ukrainian TV stations aka, Nazi TV station calling for the Genocide of Russian Children. Horus. The first ever comment I put out concerning the special operation in Ukraine.

See the news here: https://www.nairaland.com/7032560/video-ukrainian-tv-presenter-calls

You can see how the link removes the genocide in the title. So much for free speech

Seun, osystein, mukina2, HumbledbYGrace, Mynd44, why was I banned for posting verified news where even the news station apologized?

I was also banned for posting videos of the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation showing the real FACTS.
The Mods even deleted all the videos. And the fact is that Ukrainians and AZOV Neo Nazis are loosing the war.

5 Likes

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Drenimarcus(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mille:
Nairaland mods push the propaganda to Front page. They have been posting Ukrainian news and propaganda while suppressing Russian news, Ukrainian defeats and Ukrainian war crimes.

I thought i was the only one who noticed. You know this is the biggest forum in Africa, these fits into their propaganda as well. I tell folks to go Intel Slava Z on telegram to see whats really happening. They cannot suppress the truth.
Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 5:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
Investigative:

See this kid that think war is a video game
Analyzing shit on his bedroom

Even your father knows that there people that know more than him. No be everybody be ur papa mate.

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by huptin(m): 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2022
Merisbankie:

You think he is a fool to let the usa knows of his capabilities

I don't think so, I think he was complacent initially but became desperate along the line.

Like he said '' The west had been looking to dismember and weaken Russia all along, this Ukraine issue is only a pretext to accomplish it''

He was too blind to see the obvious trap, he fell into it, opened up his flanks, he thought he would go in and out sharp and come out. Too bad it didn't work out that way

When America quickly withdrew from Afghanistan it was obvious that the west was planning something sinister, Why didn't Putin read the signs? Why didn't he learn from history? Why did he leave $650bn in foreign reserves? How did he think he could trust the west enough to invest trillions of dollars in the same west he wanted to go against? How on earth did he leave his flanks so exposed?

The west plans an all out war, proxy war, economic war, propaganda war, isolation war, psychological war, Russia will weaken, it is obvious, the Putin myth has been broken, desperate Russians will no longer be too afraid to look him in the face.

The west will supply them with weapons and intelligence, it is a matter of time, Putin will face opposition at home, insurgency at home and in Ukraine, Putin will soon be fighting on so many fronts, the economic situation will bug him down, he will be too distracted. This is the beginning of the end. Even he fears it. He fears it very strongly.

I am not an advocate of the west, I have only taken my time to study their antics. It is not looking good for Putin except he quickly pulls out of Ukraine and embark on an aggressive economic growth of Russia devoid of any reliance on the west. That's the only way out for him

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mille:

You are not so smart. You referred to independent media sources from different countries as propaganda. But you want to use the aggressor's state controlled media as a source in a war. A country where dissident voices are gagged. A place where opposition are either poisoned or put in jail. You blv them over all other sources.

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Mille: 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
Powersurge:

You are not so smart. You referred to independent media sources from different countries as propaganda. But you want to use the aggressor's state controlled media as a source in a war. A country where dissident voices are gagged. A place where opposition are either poisoned or put in jail. You blv them over all other sources.

You're the fool who cannot do any thinking by himself. Joining the bandwagon without having the brain or capacity to forge your own way or decisions.

Complaining about gagging opposition when the Nazi country you're supporting treat people that look like you as trash and think you're sub-human. I think you saw how your fellow black students were treated in Ukraine. Western Fool. They think of you so low that as desperate as they are for foreign fighters, they still had to say no to your black asses who were willing to die for a Nazi country you have no link to.

BTW, here is the Nazi TV channel apologizing after being exposed as a Genocidal Nazi TV station. At least, your foolish brain should be able to decipher it's a Nazi Ukrainian TV website. Let's hope the biased mod will not delete the link as they did previously.

https://24tv.ua/ru/mne-govorila-bol-poteri-vedushhij-24-kanala-izvinilsja-za-zhestkie_n1907289

1 Like

Re: What Russia Has Lost So Far During The War by Powersurge: 7:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Mille:

You're the fool who cannot do any thinking by himself. Joining the bandwagon without having the brain or capacity to forge your own way or decisions.

Complaining about gagging opposition when the Nazi country you're supporting treat people that look like you as trash and think you're sub-human. I think you saw how your fellow black students were treated in Ukraine. Western Fool. They think of you so low that as desperate as they are for foreign fighters, they still had to say no to your black asses who were willing to die for a Nazi country you have no link to.

BTW, here is the Nazi TV channel apologizing after being exposed as a Genocidal Nazi TV station. At least, your foolish brain should be able to decipher it's a Nazi Ukrainian TV website. Let's hope the biased mod will not delete the link as they did previously.

https://24tv.ua/ru/mne-govorila-bol-poteri-vedushhij-24-kanala-izvinilsja-za-zhestkie_n1907289

Smiling. U are irredeemable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran Says It Is Capable Of Destroying Israel In Eight Minutes / Why Israel Has The Most Technologically Advanced Military On Earth / This Black World War 2 Hero Sank German Ship With Bomb Made From Milk Can (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.