Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? (15162 Views)

A Female Nigerian Student's Luxurious Room Leaves People Astonished / JAMB's Snake: Nigerian Student Disgraced Abroad / Ways To Make Money Genuinely As A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by M1Garand(m): 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
vikgreen01:

I heard any academic results obtained here will be first converted to the US educational system grade… pls enlighten me on this or is it just a fallacy…

Some schools require WES evaluation while some don't. Target the US school that doesn't require WES evaluation.
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by M1Garand(m): 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2022
chaiks:
Thanks bro. I will take GRE immediately I finish IELTS. I wasted much time. I don't know if it's spiritual sha.

Makes sense Bro. Success Man! For me, leveraging Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn,Telegram and of course this Nairaland too is very important these days. Na there information dey. So it's just about getting the right information.
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by vikgreen01(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
M1Garand:

The major schools I have seen accept the results in the scale our universities use. I am avoiding schools that need WES evaluation which is very expensive. And from people who I have seen do the WES evaluation a 4.45 will most likely land in 3.6+/4. Which is a First class overthere.

What of someone that transfer to a uni thru direct entry nd start at 200lvl.. although WES do say they should submit their poly grades alongside the uni grades for evaluation and i heard a 3.5/5.0 will not make 3.0/4.0 and again I heard post grad point in the US start with 3.0 upward. With what I heard as to a 3.5 in a scale of 5.0 cannot make 3.0 in a scale of 4.0 can my poly grades of 3.5/4.0 sum up in the evaluation….
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by Canih28: 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lightway:
I remember back then in school when those children from poor families used to tell me that no course is useless. A lot of them were studying biochemistry microbiology and co.

I didn't believe, I focused more on my skills and started earning six figures by my second year in school....

Today I'm hitting more than half a million back to back and they are secondary school teachers...

Education is great but if you're not very intelligent, get a skill or get smart.... You'll need them....

Many courses in Nigerian Universities are useless, you will not know until you graduate.

Wake up

if there is a way you can list all of them
it will be helpful for the next prospective students
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by LofiLogic: 5:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
usah4:

Respect God and use a Capital G.
Private Universities that buy results and you're here bragging.

Wetin concern me if some private schools dey buy result. No dey mention me if na rubbish you wan talk ooh
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Everything
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Demigod22:
After all my efforts, I still graduated with 4.47, how I wish I wouldn't have been this serious.

Secondly, I lost so many meaningful relationships in school, how I wish I did something different.
Have you gotten a good job? Message me
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by Twizzy30(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2022
That would be not traveling out for my higher education when i had the chance. This was when block account money was still 8k euro and 1 euro equals 210naira. I was ignorant then.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 6:40pm On Mar 19, 2022
vikgreen01:

Are u saying biochemistry and microbiology are useless.. these are courses that has librated some set of individuals and they are been thankful…. It’s just so unfortunate your friends are secondary school teachers wic is also part of the scope of their discipline and as time goes on they can climb the ladder and go on to become a lecturer yet there are still lucrative sectors where these courses are best fit… you’re raking half milli just be thankful and get this what u do others might try it and still fail… this life is really an irony….. All the best….
Will you shut the fk, all those that studied that course that I know can't get any job, and one guy recently commuted suicide after years of studying,time wastage, and still poor. He decided to kill himself and wrote a note.
People like you are the reason why innocent young people still go study the useless course
Just because you know one person out of millions doesn't mean there's an opportunity there,it's a waste of mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
sageb:
Where is Iya Ibadan, ModestGal?
Come and share your experience
My guy, I regret every minute schooling in Nigeria. By the way, I do not have any affiliation with Ibadan except schooling there,and all through,I was staying in the school hostel

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
M1Garand:

The major schools I have seen accept the results in the scale our universities use. I am avoiding schools that need WES evaluation which is very expensive. And from people who I have seen do the WES evaluation a 4.45 will most likely land in 3.6+/4. Which is a First class overthere.

I heard a guy @vikgreen01 asking u if a 3.5/5.0 can make 3.0/4.0 together with his poly grades of 3.5/4.0 as he transferred as direct entry student into the university… I also had similar issues I had 3.70/4.0 in poly and transferred to a university where I ended with 2.87/5.0. I am also familiar with WES evaluation and saw where they wrote that a direct entry student will have to send his poly grades together with his uni grades, I don’t actually if they will eventually plus everything together.. I have also use the free iGP calculator on the WES website to calculate my GP starting from poly to uni in 5.5years nd I was able to arrive at 3.36/4.0. Since u are familiar wit the evaluation I don’t know if u can make an input to my confusion.. thanks!!!!
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by M1Garand(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
vikgreen01:

What of someone that transfer to a uni thru direct entry nd start at 200lvl.. although WES do say they should submit their poly grades alongside the uni grades for evaluation and i heard a 3.5/5.0 will not make 3.0/4.0 and again I heard post grad point in the US start with 3.0 upward. With what I heard as to a 3.5 in a scale of 5.0 cannot make 3.0 in a scale of 4.0 can my poly grades of 3.5/4.0 sum up in the evaluation….

3.5/5 will definitely make 3.0/4 when we have guys with 3.3 and 3.2 making 3/4. I have seen a 2.92 sef. The thing with WES from my interaction with people that have done it is that you course load also matters and the last two years of university how strong it is. I believe you stand a good chance doing the Wes evaluation. People with 2.2 do WES evaluation and get 3.0/4.

@Gentlesoul2021
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by charleoj(m): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
Not learning a craft before graduation
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by M1Garand(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
Gentlesoul2021:

I heard a guy @vikgreen01 asking u if a 3.5/5.0 can make 3.0/4.0 together with his poly grades of 3.5/4.0 as he transferred as direct entry student into the university… I also had similar issues I had 3.70/4.0 in poly and transferred to a university where I ended with 2.87/5.0. I am also familiar with WES evaluation and saw where they wrote that a direct entry student will have to send his poly grades together with his uni grades, I don’t actually if they will eventually plus everything together.. I have also use the free iGP calculator on the WES website to calculate my GP starting from poly to uni in 5.5years nd I was able to arrive at 3.36/4.0. Since u are familiar wit the evaluation I don’t know if u can make an input to my confusion.. thanks!!!!

The evaluation might give more credence to your university grades with your poly grades serving as a support. But I have seen someone with 2.82 in university get 3.0+ after WES evaluation. It can boost your GP if the credit load you did is fairly balanced and if your last two years in the university is quite strong.
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by vikgreen01(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2022
ModestGal:

Will you shut the fk, all those that studied that course that I know can't get any job, and one guy recently commuted suicide after years of studying,time wastage, and still poor. He decided to kill himself and wrote a note.
People like you are the reason why innocent young people still go study the useless course
Just because you know one person out of millions doesn't mean there's an opportunity there,it's a waste of mind

U see I don’t throw jabs at people but you ve really display how mannerless you are nd u think u can just come at people… I saw a comment where a guy said 35% of individuals who studied useless course actually did make good use of it but here u are saying one in a million… it’s better to go to sch nd be learned with a useless course nd along the line added a good skills to it… from ur perspective haven’t u seen how tough it is to even make use of a good course. The useless courses u are actually criticizing dont u see how lucrative they are in other climes…. I am not here to drag issues with u but u can do well by communicating ur opinion with a logical approach rather than displaying your stupidity.
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by vikgreen01(m): 10:15pm On Mar 19, 2022
M1Garand:

3.5/5 will definitely make 3.0/4 when we have guys with 3.3 and 3.2 making 3/4. I have seen a 2.92 sef. The thing with WES from my interaction with people that have done it is that you course load also matters and the last two years of university how strong it is. I believe you stand a good chance doing the Wes evaluation. People with 2.2 do WES evaluation and get 3.0/4.

@Gentlesoul2021

Oh this is a relieve thanks so much for ur time… the wes evaluation is just too expensive about 208 dollars…
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2022
M1Garand:

The evaluation might give more credence to your university grades with your poly grades serving as a support. But I have seen someone with 2.82 in university get 3.0+ after WES evaluation. It can boost your GP if the credit load you did is fairly balanced and if your last two years in the university is quite strong.

Oh really. my last two years in the university isn’t that strong rather my first two years was but I don’t know if that can be a factor as well… I will like to do the wes evaluation so as to know if I actually stand a chance of making the 3.0. I think I will have to be capitalizing on my poly grades lol. I did actually use the wes free gpa calculator to calculate my grade from 200-500 nd I arrive at 2.9/4.0
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by Demigod22: 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
ModestGal:

Have you gotten a good job? Message me

No, I have not gotten a job yet. I returned from school after project defense. I just enrolled in computer classes, but my result will be out any moment from now.
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 3:14am On Mar 20, 2022
vikgreen01:

U see I don’t throw jabs at people but you ve really display how mannerless you are nd u think u can just come at people… I saw a comment where a guy said 35% of individuals who studied useless course actually did make good use of it but here u are saying one in a million… it’s better to go to sch nd be learned with a useless course nd along the line added a good skills to it… from ur perspective haven’t u seen how tough it is to even make use of a good course. The useless courses u are actually criticizing dont u see how lucrative they are in other climes…. I am not here to drag issues with u but u can do well by communicating ur opinion with a logical approach rather than displaying your stupidity.
Again, shut the fk up
In other climates,the courses are good as useless. No, no one should go waste 4yrs studying a course they will never use or a course they will need to learn a skill and use the skill instead, 4years is a freaking longtime enough to become a millionaire. It's better not to go to university at all than to go study a course with no opportunity
The 4years can be dedicated to something else that would bring great income
Or better still,they should be eating and sleeping instead of having to go through pains,waste time and money. And yes, I'm being rude to you because I am angry that people still patronize those courses at university and they still have large amounts of students in class, just because people like you told them to do it

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by vikgreen01(m): 7:33am On Mar 20, 2022
[sub][/sub] ji
ModestGal:

Again, shut the fk up
In other climates,the courses are good as useless. No, no one should go waste 4yrs studying a course they will never use or a course they will need to learn a skill and use the skill instead, 4years is a freaking longtime enough to become a millionaire. It's better not to go to university at all than to go study a course with no opportunity
The 4years can be dedicated to something else that would bring great income
Or better still,they should be eating and sleeping instead of having to go through pains,waste time and money. And yes, I'm being rude to you because I am angry that people still patronize those courses at university and they still have large amounts of students in class, just because people like you told them to do it

Firstly u must have been living a bitter life… I will stop at this junction with you…. And did I just hear u say in other climates it’s still as useless… smh….
Secondly, i can easily deduce u have never see the four wall of a classroom on the mention of eating and sleeping rather than accept any form of being learned
Thirdly, I know u can’t have this conversation with me in this manner in a real life setting u can only hide behind ur keyboard

1 Like

Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by ModestGal(f): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
vikgreen01:
[sub][/sub] ji

Firstly u must have been living a bitter life… I will stop at this junction with you…. And did I just hear u say in other climates it’s still as useless… smh….
Secondly, i can easily deduce u have never see the four wall of a classroom on the mention of eating and sleeping rather than accept any form of being learned
Thirdly, I know u can’t have this conversation with me in this manner in a real life setting u can only hide behind ur keyboard

Lol, Mr billionaire, you are sighted
Re: What's Your Greatest Regret As A Nigerian Student? by PreetyAngel4U: 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
http://jessicamediaopinions.com/2022/03/17/we-are-hiring/

Job description: Marketers

Qualification: SSCE, OND or BSC . University students/ undergraduates are welcome to apply.

Experience: Previous work experience is not a criteria as you would undergo training to understand the business.

Salary: Attractive and based on commission.

Job location: Remote. Distance is not a barrier neither is nationality or race.

Send CV to jessie4eva900@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Jamb Form Is Out Now / Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / UNIBEN Students Protest Against Lack Of Water, Light (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.