Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? (904 Views)

Nigeria Is World’s Best Kept Secret In Terms Of Investments, Returns – Dangote / I’m A Billionaire In Terms Of The Kind Of Ideas I Have- APAMS Boss / Advice Needed On Setting Up A Block Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by nnadychuks(m): 10:46pm On Mar 17, 2022
I hope you’re all doing great my fellow nairalanders. If yes I hope it continues for long.

I moved into a new location with the small money I’ve been settled with from my past years serving my master.
Considering the amount I was settled with, I don’t think I can start off immediately on what I learnt(trade).
I’ve thought of my life, 5 years of service and im still unsettled, but a little thought sparked… why not try block industry?
I mean the capital could be small to start with. 20 cement, 1 trip of sand or maybe granite and I can start off.
I need advise, it’s not something I learnt, but im mature now, and I believe I can master anything so long I put my mind into it.
One thing I learnt from my boss is ( it’s the little things overlooked at that gets you rich quicker). I cannot start normal trade now but I believe I can learn how to run a block industry from scratch.

My good people of Nairaland, please come to my aid. What do I need to note to excel? I’ve been thinking too much this period
Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by dawnomike(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2022
nnadychuks:
I hope you’re all doing great my fellow nairalanders. If yes I hope it continues for long.

I moved into a new location with the small money I’ve been settled with from my past years serving my master.
Considering the amount I was settled with, I don’t think I can start off immediately on what I learnt(trade).
I’ve thought of my life, 5 years of service and im still unsettled, but a little thought sparked… why not try block industry?
I mean the capital could be small to start with. 20 cement, 1 trip of sand or maybe granite and I can start off.
I need advise, it’s not something I learnt, but im mature now, and I believe I can master anything so long I put my mind into it.
One thing I learnt from my boss is ( it’s the little things overlooked at that gets you rich quicker). I cannot start normal trade now but I believe I can learn how to run a block industry from scratch.

My good people of Nairaland, please come to my aid. What do I need to note to excel? I’ve been thinking too much this period
block industry is a good business depending on your location... The only problem is that, since you said you have little start up capital, moving the blocks to your customers may be a big challenge.

20 bags is quite small but since it is just for a start, give it a shot.

Depending on your location, workers collect an average of 1,000 to 1300 per bag.

I believe what you reffered to as 'granite' is actually stonedust for block making. That costs more than block making with sand cos stonedust is more expensive and the blocks produced sell for a higher price.

Due to how strong you want your block to be, you are to produce btw 35 to 40 9inches blocks from a bag. For commercial purpose, stick to 38/40

NB: Start wit 9 inches blocks and not 6 since your capital is little.

So, you'll need

A generator
A block making machine
2 shovels
200 to 400 pallets for a start
Source of water and drum for storage

I wish you success all the way

1 Like

Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by nnadychuks(m): 2:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
dawnomike:
block industry is a good business depending on your location... The only problem is that, since you said you have little start up capital, moving the blocks to your customers may be a big challenge.

20 bags is quite small but since it is just for a start, give it a shot.

Depending on your location, workers collect an average of 1,000 to 1300 per bag.

I believe what you reffered to as 'granite' is actually stonedust for block making. That costs more than block making with sand cos stonedust is more expensive and the blocks produced sell for a higher price.

Due to how strong you want your block to be, you are to produce btw 35 to 40 9inches blocks from a bag. For commercial purpose, stick to 38/40

NB: Start wit 9 inches blocks and not 6 since your capital is little.

So, you'll need

A generator
A block making machine
2 shovels
200 to 400 pallets for a start
Source of water and drum for storage

I wish you success all the way
thank you very much my boss. I’ve thought of it and I’m considering the block machine but I don’t have an idea of:
1. The cost
2. Operations skills.

It seems now that molding of blocks have gone beyond manual molding and it’s now mechanized.
It’s better this way but I need to know the cost. Thanks
Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by dawnomike(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2022
nnadychuks:
thank you very much my boss. I’ve thought of it and I’m considering the block machine but I don’t have an idea of:
1. The cost
2. Operations skills.

It seems now that molding of blocks have gone beyond manual molding and it’s now mechanized.
It’s better this way but I need to know the cost. Thanks
You will get a machine+electric vibrator for about 400k to 550k at the moment depending on your location.... You will also be in need of a generator(not necessarily a new one).

1 Like

Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by VEXT: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2022
Forget the block business ,you will spend more than what you budget for..use that your money Ur oga settle u to start that trade u learn,no matter how small it is..
Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by Hollawayn05(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2023
dawnomike:
You will get a machine+electric vibrator for about 400k to 550k at the moment depending on your location.... You will also be in need of a generator(not necessarily a new one).

Greetings, do u have any link in ibadan or Abeokuta
Re: Is Block Industry A Good Business In Terms Of Demand? by dawnomike(m): 8:14am On Jul 10, 2023
Hollawayn05:

Greetings, do u have any link in ibadan or Abeokuta
Yes, I do in Ibadan

(1) (Reply)

I Did A Business With My Best Friend Like This (yahoo Boys Get In) / In Need Of Business Partners / Virgin Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.