Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? (30998 Views)

Why Do African Brothers Abroad Discourage Others From Moving Abroad Too? / Driving Interstate With A Car That Is Not Yours. What Are The Cons? / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by NotGej: 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2022
Aaronsrod:

Public Place?!?

What is public place?

The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof... Psalm 24

If you could witness the immorality and disrespect shown to Christians and Christianity in this countries you would take up arms with me in spiritual warfare.

Bro calm down! Don’t be fanatical about a religion that same people brought to you in order to reap you off. A religion centered on the life a middle easterner with a Latino name.

Dude, worshippers of other religion (Buddha, Ming, Islam, traditional etc) also get answers from their gods. You get it? Their god protects and provides for them.

I am Christian to but I’m wise to understand the diversity in religious practices. You should too. Don’t be a nuisance or bring shame upon Nigeria wherever you are.

The Bible tells us to be wise.

Channel your energy to something productive.
Selah

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by TrajansKong: 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
NotGej:

Bro calm down! Don’t be fanatical about a religion that same people brought to you in order to reap you off. A religion centered on the life a middle easterner with a Latino name.

Dude, worshippers of other religion (Buddha, Ming, Islam, traditional etc) also get answers from their gods. You get it? Their god protects and provides for them.

I am Christian to but I’m wise to understand the diversity in religious practices. You should too. Don’t be a nuisance or bring shame upon Nigeria wherever you are.

The Bible tells us to be wise.

Channel your energy to something productive.
Selah

I am an unbeliever, but this is very good advice for all Nigerians of any and every faith and for all of our people disturbing the peace and disgracing us in foreign lands

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by NotGej: 12:15am On Mar 30, 2022
bepositive11:
How many millions of whites love and respect Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, and Michelle Obama?

How did they earn so much love and respect? Even from whites?

How people perceive us start with the way we present ourselves. Blacks do contribute to racism to some extent.

It's true that people of all races commit crimes, but take a look at Africa. Where are we in the world? What areas are we leading in? I'll tell you a few of them - poverty and corruption

Why would people not see blacks as inferior when most African countries are going backwards thanks to corruption?

We need to learn to stop playing the victim and take responsibility for our contribution to the negative reputation that we portray

If we present ourselves well, people will respect us. If all blacks were like Obama and Oprah, would so called racism be where it is today?

Africans contribute to the problem of racism - it's undeniable

Let's start taking responsibility and doing what we can do earn our own respect and the respect of other nations instead of playing the victim

Rest.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Raalsalghul: 12:37am On Mar 30, 2022
SeaTrade:
You be don finally jakpa? shocked

Nope, more like short term assignment.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Money2000: 1:41am On Mar 30, 2022
abike12:

hmm... it's a lot more complicated than that but let me explain it like this. Black people didn't cause racism, even from history. We never asked anyone to call us monkeys or associate black skin with negative things. Don't think of it as something we can cause, it's more like something that was (and is still) done to us. If you take time to read news from around the world, especially pertaining children, you will see that in most cases it's not about how law abiding (or not) the person is, it's about a system that has been designed to treat black people a certain way, even from a young age. Romance fraud is very common in russia and other countries, even some of the so called "nigerian princes" are not even black, but why is it always a bigger deal when it's a black person caught in a crime. Look at how netflix portrayed the tinder swindler and anna delvey, do you think the narrative would have been the same if they were black? I'm not supporting criminal activity and I don't even have as much as a speeding ticket but it's incorrect to say that africans contribute to racism. People of all races commit crimes.

Even in that movie, they still made the swindler an African…

But you are right, narrative would have been so worse if the swindler was black skinned.

And do you know some fxxl celebrate the guy for his swindling skills?
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by zoedew: 5:14am On Mar 30, 2022
Totilopussylick:
I left Nigeria 23rd September 2020 to Spain, and my flight was 'Air France' so I landed in Paris airport.

I boarded Flix Bus going to Spain, inside the bus was a white man and a woman seated by my right side, and a group of Indians seated in front of me.

I noticed that the white people don't like seating next to black fortunately we are seated according to the numbers on the ticket, so they has no choice.

We had several stop by during the journey, the only thing that unit both of us was cigarettes.

You can ask a white person for cigarette, they are not stingy.

In Spain, you are not attended very well if you don't know Spanish and worst of it all if your black.

You can be walking towards a white person to ask for a direction, they'll begin to walk faster away from you cry

The best thing to do when you first arrived Europe, is to locate a security officer. Security officers speak English very well.

Before i left Spain to my final destination, it was a police officer who helped me to locate the Flix Bus company in Spain.

In Germany, racist is low.

They do you racist only in the 'Train' outside on the street, they are very friendly.

They can see you walking on the street, and they will come to you for pictures wink.
Sure! Folks love snap shots with animals in the zoo! You take that as a complement!!!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by mixmastering: 12:45pm On Mar 30, 2022
joetem:

hmmmn, you made sense sha, i eneded you going late to where i went to that day

When I have the time, I will share an interesting video with you.

Dogs are amazing animals.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Bubblewitch: 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2022

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by mamatwiny(f): 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
luminouz:

Are you in d abroad too? grin

Yes. I moved September 2021 .
grin grin

When are you joining us?
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by mamatwiny(f): 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2022
lordally:

I read your last post on your Diary and I really hope you're okay... Sending love to you dear

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by luminouz(m): 12:23am On Mar 31, 2022
mamatwiny:

Yes. I moved September 2021 .
grin grin

When are you joining us?

Ma'am!!! Just send me an invite and I will start packing my load ASAP. grin

No lemme here na!!! The heat is too much grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 11:31am On Mar 31, 2022
yunqdady:

I think you should shut up and seek therapy for your self hate. You not even seen an airport before but you hate your skin so much, you kiss the assss of the Caucasians.

Ehen..dem don come..I knew I would see the likes of you here on this thread. As if the op said anything wrong

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 11:32am On Mar 31, 2022
yunqdady:

Go back to your country. Their country, their rules!!!!

I support you on this
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 11:38am On Mar 31, 2022
abike12:

hmm... it's a lot more complicated than that but let me explain it like this. Black people didn't cause racism, even from history. We never asked anyone to call us monkeys or associate black skin with negative things. Don't think of it as something we can cause, it's more like something that was (and is still) done to us. If you take time to read news from around the world, especially pertaining children, you will see that in most cases it's not about how law abiding (or not) the person is, it's about a system that has been designed to treat black people a certain way, even from a young age. Romance fraud is very common in russia and other countries, even some of the so called "nigerian princes" are not even black, but why is it always a bigger deal when it's a black person caught in a crime. Look at how netflix portrayed the tinder swindler and anna delvey, do you think the narrative would have been the same if they were black? I'm not supporting criminal activity and I don't even have as much as a speeding ticket but it's incorrect to say that africans contribute to racism. People of all races commit crimes.

Abike Omo Yoruba..wa gbayi. Smart and insightful statements.
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Piekna(f): 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2022
bepositive11:

I think we need to be honest with ourselves here. Nigerians are well known for making a bad name for themselves. We are well known around the world for fraud. Unfortunately, the innocent ones end up paying a price

How can they differentiate between the Nigerians who are genuine, honest, and kind and the Nigerians who are liars, fraudsters, and thieves?

I honestly don't blame them for being afraid. Even us Nigerians, we are sometimes suspicious of the intentions of our fellow Nigerians

Abroad most white people know nothing about your country, it’s just your black skin. Being a Nigerian or Gambian is the same to most of them so their moving away from you has got nothing to do with Nigeria’s reputation

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Bifwoli: 1:21am On Apr 01, 2022
Piekna:

Abroad most white people know nothing about your country, it’s just your black skin. Being a Nigerian or Gambian is the same to most of them so their moving away from you has got nothing to do with Nigeria’s reputation
Have you lived abroad for extended time to authoritatively say that ?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 2:49am On Apr 01, 2022
Not true. I've seen them making fun of Nigerian Prince. Nigerian romance scams have been discussed on talk shows like Dr Phil

Piekna:

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 2:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Bubblewitch:
oga travel more better still, read more. Western media has brainwashed you. People that commit crimes most aren’t black.

I know that whites commit crimes too. But whites who don't interact much with blacks mostly only see blacks in the news for drugs and crime. That will of course skew their judgment of the overall black population

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 2:54am On Apr 01, 2022
Exactly. How can they tell if I'm Nigerian or not? It's better safe than sorry, isn't it? Haven't you seen Nigerians selling "used UK phones"? How do you think they got it? They stole it!

Bubblewitch:
keep quiet. They don’t even know if you are a Nigerian or not. They are running away cause of your color. Not every black is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 3:04am On Apr 01, 2022
I totally agree with you second paragraph and that is the point I'm trying to make.

I'm tired of explaining this. Have you seen Nigerians who sell "used UK phones"? Do you know that they're actually stolen?

Do you think a white won't be suspicious if he has heard of the trend of black men snatching phones on the street?

morgang:

Not sure why I see the last statement as lame- with all due respect. Avoiding a black person asking for direction for instance , is purely racist. I live in the US for over a year, and one thing I realized is, whether you’re Nigerian or not, being black already keep you at disadvantage.

But there are people out there who will still welcome and value your worth if you earn it regardless of nationality and race.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 3:05am On Apr 01, 2022
I'm tired of explaining this. Have you seen Nigerians who sell "used UK phones"? Do you know that they're actually stolen?

Do you think a white won't be suspicious if he has heard of the trend of black men snatching phones on the street?

It may also be not wanting to waste time though as you suggest

Aboguede:
It very unfortunate that most of u have been in abroad but still u don't understand any thing.

The whites move away when u try to approach them especially if they don't know u b4 mostly because they know u re still confused and they are too wise to like to waste their time.

By the way, most Africans travel abroad without common planning.

Asians and Arabs also travel to western world and the westerners also detest them very much but the Arabs and Asian get along better than Africans because they plan better and also hear the truth from their friends and relatives who have been there b4 them unlike Africans that will like to lie without reason and pretend to look better than their brothers

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Aboguede(m): 5:54am On Apr 01, 2022
Nna kindly go and sock ur garri in peace angry

U obviously don't it shocked

bepositive11:

It may also be not wanting to waste time though as you suggest

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 6:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Go and watch documentaries on YouTube and see it for yourself instead of being ignorant

Aboguede:
Nna kindly go and sock ur garri in peace angry

U obviously don't it shocked

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 7:00am On Apr 01, 2022
shege45:
its boring here

Then go back to where you came from
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Aboguede(m): 7:12am On Apr 01, 2022
bepositive11:
Go and watch documentaries on YouTube and see it for yourself instead of being ignorant

I know u re not there at all grin

I am in Western world and have been for a while so u see, we re not of the same seeing shocked
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 7:43am On Apr 01, 2022
Khareem06:
How A Fraudulent Agent Duped Me of N1.5m, And How I Eventually Relocated To
Canada Without Using An Agent

I want to tell you a story about Samuel Olabisi, a former Nigerian banker who was duped by a fraudulent agent who promised to provide him a work visa to travel to Canada with his family.
Hear the story from the horse’s mouth…
My name is Samuel Olabisi and I want to tell you my story (I like to call it my Canada miracle story) of how I moved to Canada from Surulere Nigeria almost 2 years ago…..
Two and half years ago, I was at the lowest of lows.
Why, you ask?
My application for permanent residency to Australia had just been rejected.
On top of that, I had completed the express entry application to Canada and had been in the pool for 10 months without being invited to apply for Canada permanent residency.
On top of that, I was duped of N1.5m by an agent who told me he could get me a work permit, a job, accommodation in Canada and Canada visas for all my family members.
As if that was not enough, I had just been passed up for promotion at my office. I had been looking forward to this promotion because things were getting hard financially for me and my family.
The price of everything was skyrocketing and my income was at a standstill. Even my wife who used to support financially was now sitting at home because she was laid off from her work a few months ago.
I was angry!
At myself. At my employer. At the Government. At the president. At my parents. At the Australian government and especially at the Canadian government.
I was just angry!!
My heart had been set on migrating to Canada for several months now. In fact, I cannot understand why I wasted so much time in starting the immigration process.
The year before, there was no express entry and I know a few people that were able to migrate then…
But I felt that things would get better in Nigeria.
Afterall, my wife and I both had good jobs and we were doing fairly well. I thought, migrating abroad was okay but why the rush?
9 months after, my wife had lost her job, the economy had dived and I was being passed over for promotion. What about the insecurity in the country? A distant cousin of mine who lives in the north was recently murdered in cold blood right in his own home!
The health system? Let’s not even go there. A colleague of mine who had a simple fibroid surgery lost her life simply because the nurse on duty forgot to transfuse blood after the surgery……such carelessness!
I had to leave the country…..NOW!

Canada, here I come!

Yes, Canada is not heaven! But at least, I will not have Boko Haram breathing down my neck and I hear the healthcare system is top notch. What about the free education for my children until 18 years old, with the government still paying them a monthly stipend o…
It was a no brainer!
I decided to make inquiries on how I could immigrate to Canada….
And that was when my nightmare started.
Remember I mentioned the agent that had duped me of N1.5m promising to help me and my family migrate to Canada? That experience almost ruined me!
I was beyond devastated! This was my almost all my life savings gone down the drain…just like that!!
I was faced with the harsh reality of watching my family go through the unneeded pains of hardship.
What a pathetic situation!
At this point, I was desperate for a solution. I was tired of being in a country where nothing worked!
I was in depression for about 3 months!!
I couldn’t face myself, talkless of facing the world.
So trust me when I say I understand what it means…
To be duped by unscrupulous agents that prey on peoples desperation to travel..
To desire to give your family a better life in a new country and yet not know how to go about it successfully...
To be frustrated with life itself...
But guess what?
After several months of tears, pain and failures….
On a beautiful August day two years ago, I finally left the shores of Nigeria to Canada with my family. I was 40 years, 6 months and 3 weeks old when I left.…..
I am here to encourage and assure you that you can still relocate to Canada, no matter how old you are.
You can take your life in your hands and create the reality you want for yourselves and your loved ones.
How was I able to finally relocate to Canada after so many failed attempts?
I will tell you…and I need you to listen attentively
My story is bound to shock you like it has done many others who have heard my story.
My breakthrough came from a simple WhatsApp call from my friend
Unbelievable, right?
Here’s what happened……
I have put everything that happened and how I was able to relocate to Canada at 40+ years despite my previous failed attempts.
You want to see it?
Amazing! Simply connect with me by clicking here and I will send you the video.
Trust me, you need to drop everything and get access to that video NOW!
The Canadian immigration policies are changing so constantly….
Please don’t be caught napping
Connect here to get access to the video
https:///2p84ehbc

After all the read you still say we should click on that link again...na wa for you

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by ike007(m): 8:08am On Apr 01, 2022
perambulator:
. Mainland Europe are very racist

Spain is not mainland and it it is babanla racist..them and the Italians and the greeks.worst than Germany and Belgium

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 01, 2022
ike007:

Spain is not mainland and it it is babanla racist..them and the Italians and the greeks. worst than Germany and Belgium

Mainland Europe is the contiguous continent of Europe, excluding its surrounding islands. Yes Spain in my experience is the most blatantly racist country I have ever been to, you can actuallly "feel" the racism in the air.

BTW it is "worse" not "worst"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Piekna(f): 11:52am On Apr 01, 2022
bepositive11:
Not true. I've seen them making fun of Nigerian Prince. Nigerian romance scams have been discussed on talk shows like Dr Phil

It still will not make the average white person know you’re Nigerian because you’re black that’s the point. You’ve obviously never lived abroad so you’re arguing blindly. Peace
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by Piekna(f): 11:53am On Apr 01, 2022
Bifwoli:
Have you lived abroad for extended time to authoritatively say that ?

Yes I have. Bye

1 Like

Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2022
ENG0701:
For me the biggest con is starting afresh. It took me a while to make up my mind because of that about relocating to Canada because of that, but thank God I did. I got my license in about a year and half and now I'm practicing as a pharmacist.

The other issues people complain of are mostly personal. You can overcome loneliness if you are ready to socialize and make new friends.

Weather is bearable, just 2 months of bad weather (depending on province)

Chief, Good day

I'm a Pharmacy student here in Nigeria, and Canada has always been my dream country. I'll like to ask you some questions regarding migrating to Canada. Please can I send you a PM?
Re: What Are The Cons Of Moving Abroad? by bepositive11: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2022
Yes, I will soon go to the Western world but I've already associated and worked with Westerners.

If you present yourself well, whites will respect you even if you're black. Period.

Aboguede:

I know u re not there at all grin

I am in Western world and have been for a while so u see, we re not of the same seeing shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Car Accident Along Bori Road In Rivers State Leaves Scores Injured- Graphic Phot / Cow Crashes Into Car In Delta (photos) / Heavy Duty Vehicle Fell At Okorocha Tunnel In Owerri- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.