Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) (48384 Views)

This Is What 200naira Would Get You In Buhari Economy(photos) / Claim $94 Worth Of Free Crypto / Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Chukazu: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
If PDP was in power Nigeria would have been a trillion dollars economy.

500billion economy under APC simply means we have stagnated
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Nairanation2: 5:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
I swear to God... Africa is a cursed continent. How can d 2nd largest continent in d world can't even boast of a tiny fraction of d US GDP? And I think one of d major problems bedeviling Africa is leadership. So pathetic. If we divide d GDP of d US into 50, Nigeria will probably just take 1 but Nigeria's population is barely half d US'. Yet this country has innumerable Mineral resources d size America can only envy, not to talk d human capital resources. Hunger, death, famine, malnutrition, political violence, illiteracy are d only things d continent is known for & Nigeria stands tall in all these.
I wish i was never born here & I wish that stupid Lugard never amalgamated us.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Goahead(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
posty56:
the way China economy is catching up to the U.S is scary, U.S spent most of their money fighting wars and being world police plus their lack of competitions in their industry,I am afraid China will become world power by next decade, although US will still be strong but their dominance will be limited grin
China is unlikely to catch up with the US in the nearest future, at least not in the next decade. The United States is still far ahead of China in semiconductor technology, medicine, space, military and quantum computing.

3 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Arcbox(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Some of you are never analytical and shallow in your sense of thinking. GDP is the total worth of a country NOT per capital income. Simple analysis: your father gave birth to five(5) of you and have a total assets worth 10k, it means you are not better than the family that the man gave birth to one(1) child with a total assets worth 4k. Just get that in simple terms. Nigeria have population than south Africa, that's why Nigeria being the biggest economy in Africa($500b), will not enjoy like south Africa with ($300b) economy.
Zico5:
Listing Nigeria among the richest country in the world is a pure joke. Average Nigeria are glowing under extreme poverty and suffering. Economy is in comatose, no good roads, no jobs, inflation is skyrocketing on daily basis.
Maybe these people are using Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu and co to determine the richness of this country, if not Comoros and Gambia are better country than this yeye nation

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by obedience4(m): 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
Elder0001:

Are you telling me Poland and Nigeria are richer than Norway? If poland is this rich why is the EU always bailing them out?

Eu hasn't bailed Poland... Just Greece.. GDP doesn't account to how the citizens live
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by iLegendd(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
All I opened this thread for was to check the position of Russia.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by yomi531(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
Up Naija
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by falseprophet: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
[s]
Zico5:
Listing Nigeria among the richest country in the world is a pure joke. Average Nigeria are glowing under extreme poverty and suffering. Economy is in comatose, no good roads, no jobs, inflation is skyrocketing on daily basis.
Maybe these people are using Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu and co to determine the richness of this country, if not Comoros and Gambia are better country than this yeye nation
[/s]

Wake up man before it's too late for u
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
iLegendd:
All I opened this thread for was to check the position of Russia.
bro anything for the boys?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Obc1234(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
There is different btw GPD and GPD per capital
Zico5:
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Chukazu: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kramerr:

Nigeria tried if we are being honest.

How we take try?
Nigeria was in the same 500 Billion under PDP ,so what exactly have we done differently?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by falseprophet: 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
DAMIMONY:
10 percent of Nigerians are rich,,90 percent barely feed well so wats the essense

What's stopping u from being part of the 10%?

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smartoliver(m): 5:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
Did I see correctly or was Nigeria at 29? As as how? shocked
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Yommychrz(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Nova1988:

there's nothing there! every country borrows even the USA is owing 23 trillion.
you sure?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by ovcwality(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2022
znuga:
Nigeria and Norway with similar GDP, $0.48T and $0.45T of the world's GDP, respectively. But one of these two countries is a developing country and the other is a developed country. Clearly, the deference/cause of poor development in Nigeria, in contrast to Norway, is simply CORRUPTION!
Norway pop. Below 6million
Nigeria pop. 200+million
Keep giving birth to ten children without adding anything to the economy and expect to live like norway in your dreams

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by ovcwality(m): 5:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
Arcbox:
Some of you are never analytical and shallow in your sense of thinking. GDP is the total worth of a country NOT per capital income. Simple analysis: your father gave birth to five(5) of you and have a total assets worth 10k, it means you are not better than the family that the man gave birth to one(1) child with a total assets worth 4k. Just get that in simple terms. Nigeria have population than south Africa, that's why Nigeria being the biggest economy in Africa($500b), will not enjoy like south Africa with ($300b) economy.

Me self i no just understand how Nigerians reason, they don't consider their population
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Brunicekid(m): 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
GDP does not mean majority of the citizens are rich, right?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by GeneralDae: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
ArewaNorth:

China is imminently taking over. U.S has more than $26.trillion debt and the Chinese do own a lot of U.S. debt—about $1.1 trillion as of early 2020. Japan and China own about 5.2% and 4.6% of the U.S. debt, respectively. Japanese-owned debt doesn't receive nearly as much negative attention as Chinese-owned debt, ostensibly because Japan is seen as a friendlier nation and the Japanese economy hasn't been growing at a 7% clip year after year. The other countries that hold the most U.S. debt include the U.K., Brazil, and Ireland. So, forget all that debt issues and invest, when it's time to enjoy the debt, enjoy it. Let me help u with the site that can help u see more of U.S heavy debt profile:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp
However, China only has $7trillion debt compared to U.S. So, taking over is already knocking at U.S door.
Lol U.S have more debt than their entire GDP. Interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by 247Dior(m): 5:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
dust144:
Ha!!! We rich pass Isreal.
and what's your population compared to Israel?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by letitrainnow(m): 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
Interesting stuff
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BabaIbo: 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

You nor see India for top 6 ba?

Bro na wetin I see I dey talk.

Do I need to mention where poverty originated(i.e headquarters) from when I am talking about its branches?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BigBashiru: 6:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
obedience4:
From 1to 10 I see 5 NATO members.. Three NATO partners.. And 8 pro American countries.. Were is Iran, Syria, Cuba and all the communist countries that will help Russia.. The west Control the world

The report itself is created by pro western countries. Same as human development indices that ranks Canada and UK as top "developed" countries.....
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by GardenOfGod(m): 6:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
Nigeria would have been among the 20 richest but she is ruled by the gender that betrayed our Lord Jesus Christ.
In case you are ignorant of the gravity of your nuisance... Your perpetuity in vomiting attacks on men is a direct attack on God Himself... And that's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.
Seek forgiveness and refrain forthwith from further incursion of God's wrath.
Be warned!
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by digitite: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wow. I love the Analysis
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Deltavariant(m): 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
Rich on paper but poor in reality, this is the kind of dumb and fake analysis that does not translate to anything meaningful.

3 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Saint1960: 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
Zico5:

Go find work
And stop blabbering about every single dem thing
Nob only you dey naija
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by equity1(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
Klington:
What an irony

Nigeria is still the second most poorest country in the world after India.

The leaders are looting everything and anything.
that's par capita income. But as a country nigeria is not poor

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Rolexjerry(m): 6:15pm On Mar 18, 2022
yusfatedeeprof:
Thank God no Republic of Biafra, na them for dey poorest. grin

But as one Nigeria we are 29th Richest economy in the world. Shows we are better as one unit than divided. Nigeria is a great country but with bad leadership.
Unity begger sited.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Damn angry this is a pure joke with Nigeria been on the list and UAE not there sad
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Kelvin3476: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
posty56:
the way China economy is catching up to the U.S is scary, U.S spent most of their money fighting wars and being world police plus their lack of competitions in their industry,I am afraid China will become world power by next decade, although US will still be strong but their dominance will be limited Venezuela wey USA don cripple grin
WHEN LAST DID U CHECK ON ECONOMY GROWTH ? IT WAS 4 TRILLION DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO FOR A LONG TIME BE4 U.S.A TOPPED BY ANOTHER TWO TRILLION. THIS SHOWS ITS BEEN YEARS OR U NEVER CHECK AM BE4

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Kelvin3476: 6:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Chukazu:
If PDP was in power Nigeria would have been a trillion dollars economy.

500billion economy under APC simply means we have stagnated
IT IS NT UP TO 500BILLION BUT IS APPROXIMATED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.