Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) (48379 Views)

This Is What 200naira Would Get You In Buhari Economy(photos) / Claim $94 Worth Of Free Crypto / Nigeria Leads In African Start-up Funding With $94.9m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BePrepared: 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
Nigeria would have been among the 20 richest but she is ruled by the gender that betrayed our Lord Jesus Christ.

You don come again
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
I’m shocked to see the amount of people that don’t understand basic economics.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smeag0l(m): 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
So this is because GDP isnt an objective nor qualitative measure of how wealthy a country is. GDP just measures how much economic activity that ocurred within a country in a time frame. The weskth of a coubtry is determined by fhe difference between its assets or reserves and its debts and how much potential the country has in converting resources into value. Based on this definition, Nigeria is a poor country. GDP doesnt measure or take into account the things that make life worthwhile. It doesn't account for leisure, inequality in pay, gap between rich and poor, education and infrastructure, impact of technological advancement, air quality etc. Generally, it doesn't account for the quality of life or standard of living. This is why we have a high GDP but over 70% of our population live below the poverty line. Nigeria is a poor country with very poor citizens. Period!!
Zico5:
Listing Nigeria among the richest country in the world is a pure joke. Average Nigeria are glowing under extreme poverty and suffering. Economy is in comatose, no good roads, no jobs, inflation is skyrocketing on daily basis.
Maybe these people are using Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu and co to determine the richness of this country, if not Comoros and Gambia are better country than this yeye nation

3 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BigBashiru: 8:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
obedience4:

So Canada and the UK are not the developed countries..
Please what are the basis or criteria for indicting a developed country

Great question! And I'm glad you asked.... For years, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand, France and Germany and western europe had been promoted as the "developed countries".... the question is "what makes a country developed?".... I argued that with someone on nairaland not too long ago and the summary was that 1. it's not by infrastructure 2. The so called developed countries is really just a marketing term aimed at marketing English colonies I.e. Canada USA Australia etc.... these are all what is called settler colonial countries and claiming "developed" is the only way to attract immigrants to fill the colonies....

Short answer: it's a name they gave themselves.

Saudi is more developed than UK and Australia but you will never hear them called developed.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smeag0l(m): 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Add religion to your list
Angelfrost:
Not a single African nation among the top 20.... Sports are no different!

Bring up a list about

Hunger
Crimes
Terrorism
Poor Development
Corruption
Cyber fraud
Etc...

...and you will see Africa bossing the top 10! undecided
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
smeag0l:
Add religion to your list

The biggest culprit of them all!
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Zico5:
Listing Nigeria among the richest country in the world is a pure joke. Average Nigeria are glowing under extreme poverty and suffering. Economy is in comatose, no good roads, no jobs, inflation is skyrocketing on daily basis.
Maybe these people are using Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu and co to determine the richness of this country, if not Comoros and Gambia are better country than this yeye nation

I'm just wondering how Nigeria is on that list South Africa isn't?? grin

It's more than evident now that Nigeria is a rich bt high corrupt and mismanaged country.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smeag0l(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
There is a reason why US has these debts. Not because they dont have the money to pay or cant pay but because the world economy needs a balance. China and Japan run the two next biggest economies to the US and they both run a budget surplus economy. You need another country with such big economy to run a budget deficit economy and that is what they US is doing. Otherwise, the world economic metrics will be heavily skewed
ArewaNorth:

China is imminently taking over. U.S has more than $26.trillion debt and the Chinese do own a lot of U.S. debt—about $1.1 trillion as of early 2020. Japan and China own about 5.2% and 4.6% of the U.S. debt, respectively. Japanese-owned debt doesn't receive nearly as much negative attention as Chinese-owned debt, ostensibly because Japan is seen as a friendlier nation and the Japanese economy hasn't been growing at a 7% clip year after year. The other countries that hold the most U.S. debt include the U.K., Brazil, and Ireland. So, forget all that debt issues and invest, when it's time to enjoy the debt, enjoy it. Let me help u with the site that can help u see more of U.S heavy debt profile:
https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/080615/china-owns-us-debt-how-much.asp
However, China only has $7trillion debt compared to U.S. So, taking over is already knocking at U.S door.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2022
Damn!
Omo naija dey top 30 gan
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Tmberwolf1: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Yamiriflathead:

Them nor dey mine the gold?
Honestly, I don't know what is wrong with them... The country is cursed.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BigBashiru: 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Angelfrost:
Not a single African nation among the top 20.... Sports are no different!

Bring up a list about

Hunger
Crimes
Terrorism
Poor Development
Corruption
Cyber fraud
Etc...

...and you will see Africa bossing the top 10! undecided

Because the list is compiled by the west. The issue is for a long time, the west had assumed a leadership role....

SERAP in Nigeria should publish its own list and put Nigeria first.... that's how it's done.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by pafra(m): 8:49pm On Mar 18, 2022
Arcbox:
Some of you are never analytical and shallow in your sense of thinking. GDP is the total worth of a country NOT per capital income. Simple analysis: your father gave birth to five(5) of you and have a total assets worth 10k, it means you are not better than the family that the man gave birth to one(1) child with a total assets worth 4k. Just get that in simple terms. Nigeria have population than south Africa, that's why Nigeria being the biggest economy in Africa($500b), will not enjoy like south Africa with ($300b) economy.

Check the definition of GDP again.
Your analysis of family was wrong. You were analysing per Capital income.

I guess you are an economist
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
Geminiboi:
What of Venezuela? They have huge oil reserves.

How many oil rich country made the top 10?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smeag0l(m): 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2022
Exactly. GDP doesnt show the true picture of wealth. It is when you divide the GDP by population and then consider inflation, unemployment rate , balance of trade and human development index that you get the true picture of the wealth of a coountry and its citizens.
Gamesmart:
It is foolishness to label countries "poorest" or "richest" based merely on GDP.

I feel sorry for Nigerian "yoots" and their low IQ brains.

Grammar and IQ is a challenge for most of you.

3 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by smeag0l(m): 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dont mind them. People think just looking at that data tells you anything. Divide the US GDP by its 300 million population and the chinese GDP by its 1.4 billion population and youll see who the master is.
Goahead:
China is unlikely to catch up with the US in the nearest future, at least not in the next decade. The United States is still far ahead of China in semiconductor technology, medicine, space, military and quantum computing.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by chaloskyx: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
imagine we are nos 29 even with bad governance so if we now had good governing system what number would we be? Nigeria has potentials but bad governance, tribalisim, ethnic bigotry and the peoples non reluctance in ensuring they elect good politicians are our downfall
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Solofresh2: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kingpele:
Ok,so Nigeria is amongst the richest in the world, well am impressed ,I thought they say we are the poverty capital of the world, well I thank God buharia tenure will end mid next year ,and we will vote young, smart and a God-fearing man to preside over this country, that is if we have enough sense not to vote Atiku and tinubu them
Nigeria is rich my brother
Na our useless leaders dey chop the money.
Nigeria would have been better than this if not for very poor leadership
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Aaay: 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Japan has the most powerful passport
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by obedience4(m): 9:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
BigBashiru:

Great question! And I'm glad you asked.... For years, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand, France and Germany and western europe had been promoted as the "developed countries".... the question is "what makes a country developed?".... I argued that with someone on nairaland not too long ago and the summary was that 1. it's not by infrastructure 2. The so called developed countries is really just a marketing term aimed at marketing English colonies I.e. Canada USA Australia etc.... these are all what is called settler colonial countries and claiming "developed" is the only way to attract immigrants to fill the colonies....

Short answer: it's a name they gave themselves.

Saudi is more developed than UK and Australia but you will never hear them called developed.

You still didn't answer the question...
What makes a country develope?
Seriously I want to learn..
If you say Saudi is more developed than the UK..
I really want to know..
Saudis that women can't drive cars. That women can't divorce men, women can't hold political offices, women can't go outside without a Male companion..
Women don't go to concerts...
Just educate me.. I really want to learn
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BigBashiru: 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
obedience4:

You still didn't answer the question...
What makes a country develope?
Seriously I want to learn..
If you say Saudi is more developed than the UK..
I really want to know..
Saudis that women can't drive cars. That women can't divorce men, women can't hold political offices, women can't go outside without a Male companion..
Women don't go to concerts...
Just educate me.. I really want to learn

Let me use Canada and usa as an example. They are normally hyped but in my opinion they not developed....what makes a country developed is the civilization behind it.... that's my view tho.....the strength of the military as well.... as well as the income per capita after taxes.... this is just my own opinion after taxes and expenses (Nigeria is better than UK and Canada in this measure)....
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by kernniejay(m): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
FutureIsFemale:
Nigeria would have been among the 20 richest but she is ruled by the gender that betrayed our Lord Jesus Christ.
If the gender that gave Adam the forbidden fruit to eat had not done so, the world would have been a nice place.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by prophetfire: 9:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Kramerr:

Nigeria tried if we are being honest.
. Nigeria is the richest African country, but SALA is killing majority of the citizens. Shiooor!!!!!!!
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by obedience4(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
BigBashiru:

Let me use Canada and usa as an example. They are normally hyped but in my opinion they not developed....what makes a country developed is the civilization behind it.... that's my view tho.....the strength of the military as well.... as well as the income per capita after taxes.... this is just my own opinion after taxes and expenses (Nigeria is better than UK and Canada in this measure)....

You said civilization.. How is the UK and US not civilized.. The UK has one of the best educational systems in the world.. Top schools like Oxford , Cambridge are all UK schools...
MIT and Harvard are US schools. these schools are the best of the best in the world..
In terms of politics and transportation, medicine the UK and US are pioneers of it.. Even your president gose their for checks up. .
Then you said military, the united States is the best in the world.. Have the largest Navy and air force....
You also said income per capital.. This is even the worst point. grin.. I don't think you understand what it means.. Nigeria that it citizens live below 2 dollor per day...
Calm down.. The UK and the us are far developed than Nigeria . Nigeria according to the World bank is among the developing countries.. Even Singapore with is infrastructures are still tag developing countries

2 Likes

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Gamesmart: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
smeag0l:
Exactly. GDP doesnt show the true picture of wealth. It is when you divide the GDP by population and then consider inflation, unemployment rate , balance of trade and human development index that you get the true picture of the wealth of a coountry and its citizens.

I just could not understand how a person would have "writer" in their moniker and make such a judgement.

The moniker suggests the person is an adult and the person's profession involves writing.

The same person, after all his/her education and profession, does not know GDP is not a judgement of Wealth?

The person did not have any grey matter working to review himself/herself after seeing that "Nigeria is the richest in Africa"?
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by BigBashiru: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2022
obedience4:

You said civilization.. How is the UK and US not civilized.. The UK has one of the best educational systems in the world.. Top schools like Oxford , Cambridge are all UK schools...
MIT and Harvard are US schools. these schools are the best of the best in the world..
In terms of politics and transportation, medicine the UK and US are pioneers of it.. Even your president gose their for checks up. .
Then you said military, the united States is the best in the world.. Have the largest Navy and air force....
You also said income per capital.. This is even the worst point. grin.. I don't think you understand what it means.. Nigeria that it citizens live below 2 dollor per day...
Calm down.. The UK and the us are far developed than Nigeria . Nigeria according to the World bank is among the developing countries.. Even Singapore with is infrastructures are still tag developing countries

1. United States was formed around 1776... by taking over aboriginal land thru genocide of them by British Island savages. Nigeria on the other hand - Oyo, Benin had existed for thousands of years. So Nigeria and Africa are more civilized. We can even see the effect today where British Island savages and americans (who in the real sense are western Europeans) tend to be drunks, anti-social and uncivilized.

2. Your idea of civilization is by school but western Europe isn't where civilization originated.

Just give me about 2-3hrs and il expand this response.

But yes I agree that militarily the western Europeans and Americans are more advanced but that's only due to the set back as a result of 400 years of colonialism.

Brb
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Workch: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
GDP PPP is the real deal for measuring richest countries in the world.
GDP alone won't give you the clear picture
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by gidjah(m): 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
Our population is our curse .the riches refuse to spread partly due to bad leadership syatem . Self centeredness and disloyalty the majnor reasons
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by VEHINTOLAR: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
If the humongous population of India is taken into an account,the country can be said to be rich in the through sense of it. The vast majority of almost 1.4 billion population of India live below poverty line. The same thing is applicable to Nigeria. Nigeria is unbelievably blessed but her wealth is effectively in the hands of some very few individuals.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by internationalman(m): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
BigBashiru:

1. United States was formed around 1776... by taking over aboriginal land thru genocide of them by British Island savages. Nigeria on the other hand - Oyo, Benin had existed for thousands of years. So Nigeria and Africa are more civilized. We can even see the effect today where British Island savages and americans (who in the real sense are western Europeans) tend to be drunks, anti-social and uncivilized.

2. Your idea of civilization is by school but western Europe isn't where civilization originated.

Just give me about 2-3hrs and il expand this response.

But yes I agree that militarily the western Europeans and Americans are more advanced but that's only due to the set back as a result of 400 years of colonialism.

Brb

Are you not even ashamed with the kind of arguments you are putting up. Of all countries in the world to compare Nigeria with you choose UK and USA??

Really, the two countries the world owes half of its inventions to..

Even the other so called developed countries like China and your Saudi Arabia go there to learn a thing or two from them..

Do you even know New York has been developed over a hundred years ago more than some cities current development...

California GDP is about 3 trillion dollars which is bigger than the whole of Africa..

You mentioning Nigeria alongside the US that is leading in all areas like
Education
Infrastructure
Technology
Military
Medicine
Entertainment
World billionaires
Economics..

The list is endless.

Nigeria, a country where you wear your shoes to step out in the morning and return with mould allover the soul in the evening..

Poto poto republic with open and smelling ghutters everywhere is what you are comparing with the US and UK...

Please don't even get me started.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by Panda7(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
I think the GDP of a country is influenced by its production. countries that practice a mixed economy system would mostly have a good GDP.
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by presido997(m): 10:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
tolakush92:
I'll fix your phone's at affordable prices

Location is computer village ikeja

My phone face i.d is saying problem
Detected with TrueDepth, face i.d disable, the phone is Xsmax, can u do it asap? If yes drop ur number
Re: Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos) by DAMIMONY: 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
falseprophet:

What's stopping u from being part of the 10%?
From your name I know you are doomed,,false prophet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.