Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? (12542 Views)

The Worst Thing You've Found From Checking Your Partner Phone / Man Smashes Partner's Phone To Surprise Her With A New One / Worst Thing You’ve Found, From Checking Your Partner’s Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ishilove:
I've not finished checking my phone so what am I looking for in his phone?

What's the difference between knowing your partner's password and knowing each others' medical history? Or which of the two deserves more secrecy? You're willing to disclose your genotype, allergies, genetic conditions, weaknesses, body dysmorphias, etc., but the line should be drawn at passwords? Do you not also have them as next-of-kin and emergency contact(s) and share unclothedness? Abi shey you're not feeling fine or something now, or somehow somehow you're away from home, your partner cannot access your pin and withdraw money on your behalf or open some locked cupboard to get confidential files that you want him/her to bring over?

See, if all of these seem like an avenue for see-finish or an opportunity for being hurt or absconding away with millions to put your life in danger, then the problem is with the people in the relationship. Full disclosure can never be a bad thing.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by HumanoidX: 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Munzy14:

Well said...Even in relationships, my woman knows my password and I know hers..

Not to talk of marriage. undecided

Me that has made it a decision my woman will handle some of my social media pages when I marry...

Some little things we do are what strengthens the peace of mind...And not when I want to go on a business trip, madam will be moody to cross check and sniff if it is business or Baecation... grin grin

Exactly bro. Trust and transparency brings peace of mind. Our social media platforms are handled by madam sef. Marriage has its challenges but it should not be things like this. She gives me peace because I haven't given her a reason to doubt my love for her.

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by HumanoidX: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

What's the difference between knowing your partner's password and knowing each others' medical history? Or which of the two deserves more secrecy? You're willing to disclose your genotype, allergies, genetic conditions, weaknesses, body dysmorphias, etc., but the line should be drawn at passwords? Do you not also have them as next-of-kin and emergency contact(s) and share unclothedness?

You nailed it. This is so true. Let people continue to live in deception
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Oscillator: 1:52pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dazall:
There is this 20yrs old girl dat always flaunt her boyfriend on her status,I told her you see this relationship with this boy, he nor go reach 1 year, she talked and talked that it's a lie,, behold she and the boy dor turn life enemy,

She asked me how did I knew, simple, I was speaking from experience,
(1) red flag, she and the boy were level mate

(2) she is just 20yrs, she never see anything, outside school you see that reason you like your partner, you will see people that has it x5

(3) She and the boy dey wear Supra and long socks, 17-25years old girls are the most confused set of persons on Earth,you don't take them serious because they don't knw what they want

The most important question I asked her then, that made me tell her, your relationship with this 21yr old boy won't work is

Does he know your phone password?? She said they both have understanding, that their phone are their privacy,
Me:: But una Dey Bleep abi?? Una private parts are not private??

When I told her she said am Been negative,

20yrs old girl in school, wey never see anything or enjoyment for life Dey talk about serious relationship

What confuses a 20-25yrs old girl is Options

They are in their prime, breast stand, everything intact, different men they talk to her, everywhere, so she will always have this mindset of, they are many, if you can't stay go, after all, options many, that's the problem, anyhow shall, what do I know,?? Nothing

You nor Dey take 20-25yrs old girl serious, mostly if she is in school, she belong to all of us, But you can choose to be one carrying the problems, but remember, she belong to all of us

Imagine now, as I Dey now, I go come get one serious girlfriend for school, let me laugh at me in advance,. Dey will shook shook her anyhow, na reminant I go collect.

If she is above 25years there is slight tendency she dor Dey get sense, but the school factor go still worry her, but if she Dey below 25years and she is a student, and you are in another state, you are following OUR WIFE.

If you doubt me, tell her in short notice you are coming to visit her in her school, when you get there, tell her you want to see her phone, she won't see it coming, Happy Breakfast in advance

I have said it before and I will say it again, Even if i do blood covenant with you, even if you take bullet for me, No phone password, no relationship, It's as simple as this, Some people will say it doesn't matter I hear you, but you see this generation, unless the person get another phone somewhere else, everything happens in the phone, they will delete messages, we know, they will delete call logs we know, but still, no phone password, No relationship, e get why

All those jobless Delsu, Uniport and Eziobodo Futo boys that have nothing doing, With Michail and two eggs, they will use cutleries while eating OUR WIFE

A friend of mine was making that mistake then, dating below 25 years student in another state university, we made sure he end that joke of a relationship.

What do you think, drop your reactions below
stop trying to write in pidgin. You suck at it.

Also 17-25 year old is all about exposure and experience.

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 1:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
Not knowing my partner's passwords and pins is a big deal to me - whether in relationship or marriage.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by HumanoidX: 2:00pm On Mar 18, 2022
princeeze1:
Only cheaters and women/men with the propensity to cheat would guard password like it’s the egg of life. The argument of it being private does not hold water. What is private about spouses that supposedly have sex and see each other naked? Define that privacy in context anyone please. The purpose of having passwords goes beyond monitoring as most even think. In emergencies, your spouse should be able to access you with ease. As a matter of fact, I use same password with wifey, for both phone and transactions. We can both initiate and access transactions easily, our both finger prints are registered in all devices. What exactly are we hiding that should make our devices turn private. It’s different from snooping, but when you guard it like egg of life, now there is a reason to do a James Bond and snoop. If you are not ready to be fully committed, just spill it instead of hidden under the privacy lie.

You're right, my brother.
To God be the glory, we're 11 years strong!
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by seyz91(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
You said it bro!

Nice input and i really love this piece

As far as naija is concern and naija girls make relationship worse, dem no dey love, they only associate with benefit

You won imagine how many new guys they meet on line daily, both from dating sites and the ones that meet them on street or area

As i do say, stay away from naija girls for your peace of mind and if you have to get close for konji, go with your sense and not dick, be smart and wise with them and go with the mentality that your so called gf is not only your own as OP said earlier, na OUR GIRL or OUR WIFE

Chikenna!
Dazall:
There is this 20yrs old girl dat always flaunt her boyfriend on her status,I told her you see this relationship with this boy, he nor go reach 1 year, she talked and talked that it's a lie,, behold she and the boy dor turn life enemy,

(2) she is just 20yrs, she never see anything, outside school you see that reason you like your partner, you will see people that has it x5

(3) She and the boy dey wear Supra and long socks, 17-25years old girls are the most confused set of persons on Earth,you don't take them serious because they don't knw what they want

The most important question I asked her then, that made me tell her, your relationship with this 21yr old boy won't work is

Does he know your phone password?? She said they both have understanding, that their phone are their privacy,

20yrs old girl in school, wey never see anything or enjoyment for life Dey talk about serious relationship

They are in their prime, breast stand, everything intact, different men they talk to her, everywhere, so she will always have this mindset of, they are many, if you can't stay go, after all, options many, that's the problem, anyhow shall, what do I know,?? Nothing

You nor Dey take 20-25yrs old girl serious, mostly if she is in school, she belong to all of us, But you can choose to be one carrying the problems, but remember, she belong to all of us

Imagine now, as I Dey now, I go come get one serious girlfriend for school, let me laugh at me in advance,. Dey will shook shook her anyhow, na reminant I go collect.

If she is above 25years there is slight tendency she dor Dey get sense, but the school factor go still worry her, but if she Dey below 25years and she is a student, and you are in another state, you are following OUR WIFE.

If you doubt me, tell her in short notice you are coming to visit her in her school, when you get there, tell her you want to see her phone, she won't see it coming, Happy Breakfast in advance

I have said it before and I will say it again, Even if i do blood covenant with you, even if you take bullet for me, No phone password, no relationship, It's as simple as this, Some people will say it doesn't matter I hear you, but you see this generation, unless the person get another phone somewhere else, everything happens in the phone, they will delete messages, we know, they will delete call logs we know, but still, no phone password, No relationship, e get why

All those jobless Delsu, Uniport and Eziobodo Futo boys that have nothing doing, With Michail and two eggs, they will use cutleries while eating OUR WIFE

A friend of mine was making that mistake then, dating below 25 years student in another state university, we made sure he end that joke of a relationship.

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by lilvicky68(m): 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Not knowing my partner's passwords and pins is a big deal to me - whether in relationship or marriage.
Ok
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Munzy14(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
HumanoidX:

Exactly bro. Trust and transparency brings peace of mind. Our social media platforms are handled by madam sef. Marriage has its challenges but it should not be things like this. She gives me peace because I haven't given her a reason to doubt my love for her.
Perfect...When you put her in a place of relaxed mind..Even if them talk say you carry woman, she will laugh and continue doing what she is doing...The trust ia on a 100% secured.

Yea, women are super good with handling social media stuffs...Continue doing what you are doing as long as it has maintained peace in your home...

Transparency is a must in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Noods and debit alat tongue
Hahahahahahah!!
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Ishilove: 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

What's the difference between knowing your partner's password and knowing each others' medical history? Or which of the two deserves more secrecy? You're willing to disclose your genotype, allergies, genetic conditions, weaknesses, body dysmorphias, etc., but the line should be drawn at passwords? Do you not also have them as next-of-kin and emergency contact(s) and share unclothedness? Abi shey you're not feeling fine or something now, or somehow somehow you're away from home, your partner cannot access your pin and withdraw money on your behalf or open some locked cupboard to get confidential files that you want him/her to bring over?

See, if all of these seem like an avenue for see-finish or an opportunity for being hurt or absconding away with millions to put your life in danger, then the problem is with the people in the relationship. Full disclosure can never be a bad thing.
I understand, but my point is it isn't a big deal for me because till date, I haven't finished navigating my own phone, talk more of someone else's phone. I also find it uncomfortable going through a phone that isn't mine because it feels like peeking into a person's nudity. Super awkward.

Mind you, I know his password but I have never unlocked it for any reason because of the above stated reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Ishilove: 2:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
princeeze1:
Only cheaters and women/men with the propensity to cheat would guard password like it’s the egg of life. The argument of it being private does not hold water. What is private about spouses that supposedly have sex and see each other naked? Define that privacy in context anyone please. The purpose of having passwords goes beyond monitoring as most even think. In emergencies, your spouse should be able to access you with ease. As a matter of fact, I use same password with wifey, for both phone and transactions. We can both initiate and access transactions easily, our both finger prints are registered in all devices. What exactly are we hiding that should make our devices turn private. It’s different from snooping, but when you guard it like egg of life, now there is a reason to do a James Bond and snoop. If you are not ready to be fully committed, just spill it instead of hidden under the privacy lie.
True
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by GloriousGbola: 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ishilove:

I understand, but my point is it isn't a big deal for me because till date, I haven't finished navigating my own phone, talk more of someone else's phone. I also find it uncomfortable going through a phone that isn't mine because it feels like peeking into a person's nudity. Super awkward.

Mind you, I know his password but I have never unlocked it for any reason because of the above stated reasons.

The pursuit of unnecessary hbp.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
lilvicky68:
Ok

Is everything okay wichu'? Are you normale?
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by smile11s(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
Dazall:

it is not okay biko

https://gist.am/question/is-it-ok-or-a-big-deal-to-ask-for-your-partners-phone-password-while-in-a-relat
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by lilvicky68(m): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Is everything okay wichu'? Are you normale?
You must have had enough pins and passwords in your brain now grin
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
lilvicky68:
You must have had enough pins and passwords in your brain now grin

grin How many you think say I don date? Are you calling me an indiscriminate 'dater?'
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Ishilove: 2:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

The pursuit of unnecessary hbp.
We don't go searching for drama. I prefer blissful ignorance
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by lilvicky68(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

grin How many you think say I don date? Are you calling me an indiscriminate 'dater?'
Lemme imagine how you will even do it..

Him.. hi, I like you, can we date?

You.. tell me your phone password and pins give me your finger prints also.

Him.. shocked
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by HumanoidX: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Munzy14:

Perfect...When you put her in a place of relaxed mind..Even if them talk say you carry woman, she will laugh and continue doing what she is doing...The trust ia on a 100% secured.

Yea, women are super good with handling social media stuffs...Continue doing what you are doing as long as it has maintained peace in your home...

Transparency is a must in marriage.

Thank you my brother
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Munzy14(m): 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
HumanoidX:

Thank you my brother
You are welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Badbishop15(m): 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
paulolee:
people get mind o, bt i think I CNT try such wen dating bcoz I respect privacy n wont allow her invade mine too.
but wen married, I'll try. allow her check mine if she gets any reason to lose trust in me bt still won't check hers bcoz I dnt want to make her feel asif I dnt trust her even if I dont n dey are many ways to kill a rat..
am not dt fan of going tru babes fone after the trauma n depression i faced after I went tru one of my ex fone..
knew she was cheating bt still want to clear my doubt, Wetin I see shock me...she saved guys names as females, saved mine as "lil" bro n were burst my head na see one chat wey she de tell one guy say am just like her pet, she needs me around to use cure boredom whenever she's home alone...
meaning I don turn ekuke for my serious banny o..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Omo!
Lil bro?
Na wa o..
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Elxandre(m): 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2022
hollah123:
this is the main reason y many people have problem in their marriage,they use openness to ruin themselves.

That's how u will send money to your mum n u will tell your wife n 3rd world war will start,this is how u will assist someone n your wife will also present another member of her family or start fighting d person n u will b here creating thread about your wife.

See sometimes d best words are d words left unsaid, u will ruin things for yourself with the tell it all mindset
You saved me from typing.
Imagine your wife reading all your chats with your siblings and parents etc. Learning about all your dirty linens una dey manage. No be see finish go end am?
It's not a mistake so many things cause friction nowadays in marriages.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
lilvicky68:
Lemme imagine how you will even do it..

Him.. hi, I like you, can we date?

You.. tell me your phone password and pins give me your finger prints also.

Him.. shocked

You think I even have to "wrestle" his fingerprints, passwords and pins from him? smiley
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by hollah123: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
Elxandre:

You saved me from typing.
Imagine your wife reading all your chats with your siblings and parents etc. Learning about all your dirty linens una dey manage. No be see finish go end am?
It's not a mistake so many things cause friction nowadays in marriages.
don't mind this our woke generation,they believe being stupid will make women love them more n at d end of d day they get d greatest shock when they get disrespected.

Just imagine having a jobless brother u sort out or a sister your help sometimes n your wife knows about it,one day she will disrespect them n kasala go burst.

Our generation believe washing women's pant is love n it will bring more respect but they get d opposite,imagine our forefathers that never did that shit gets respected more

1 Like

Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by diogo23: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Why on earth should you know your partner's password..you shouldn't even touch your partner's phone talkless of unlocking it.. undecided
It's very private.. unless he/she gives you willingly then you have no right whatsoever..

No one should have the password to your phone. ..i repeat no one..it's called personal property and space you have to respect that..
See them
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by SimeonOTC(m): 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
Tallesty1:
Have you ever been in a healthy relationship? I don't mean the type where you guys chat, hang out and meet to fvck but where you play important roles in each other's life? Where he can take decisions on your behalf and it will be just what you would have done? The type that he's so into you that he knows virtually every detail or your life and you know his? If so then what's your phone's password that you can't give to this person?

Unless one is working with CIA, FBI DSS CID or similar top security organizations in his country, he or she has no justifiable reason to keep his phone password secret from his or her partner.

Your private parts are available to him/her 24/7 but your phone isn't?

I so love the way you took time down to break your explanation for that daff.. and lastly, FERNANDEZISBACK , I love that question, "Have you ever been in a healthy relationship "grin ..

FERNANDEZISBACK you've not been able to answer that question for some hours now grin grin
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Chibuchris: 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2022
The less you know the longer your life.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2022
If your wife is hiding her password know that she's cheating on you but if your husband is hiding his, my people he's protecting the family from trouble, lol. A man also has no right to place all his chatting apps on passwords. For me, marriage is all about mutual love, open mindedness, and respect. There shouldn't be any room for suspicion, secrecy and privacy.
Re: Is Knowing Your Partner's Phone Password A Big Deal In A Relationship? by SimeonOTC(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I understand your point.. thanks for your contribution..

dnt just understand the point, let it sink inside your brain because frankly speaking, you reason so anticlockwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Cant STOP LAUGHING ..........some Ladies Are Ass Hole {picture} / Too Many Prostitute In Lekki Axis Of Lagos / I Think My Girlfriend Sent Me This Message Intended For Her Secret Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.