Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? (18393 Views)

Businesses That Would Still Be Making Money During This Covid-19 Period In Nig. / Easiest Way To Own 6 Plots Of Land This Easter Period In Lagos / Dangote, Otedola, Sam Iwuajoku And Richie Shittu Chilling During Sallah Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Daniel2032(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
bluefilm:

If only you can convert the number of times you mention Buhari in your daily life to something productive, maybe you will be not be this frustrated.

Onye ala. angry

I wanted to reply then i saw your name.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
yinkeys:
For UBA boss to complain on Twitter. It has gotten to the elites at this point.

Look at you.

You think Elumelu is complaining because he really cares about you?

Well, keep deceiving yourself in your delusion.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by alpharoyalty: 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2022
I am happy that we are all suffering it irrespective of tribe, religion or party grin

I am quite ok but I pity majority of Nigerians.
I don't think they have had it this bad.

It beat me to know that sane people voted a brainless dullard.
Shame.

Like I said, we are all in it together.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
Tallesty1:
God doesn't hate Nigeria. He's simply not interested

Not quite true... God is interested in Nigeria.

It's Nigerians that hate seeing Nigeria succeed!

That's why majority continue to vote in charlatans year after year.

God's hands are tied by this mass of idiotic citizens!!!

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by ellizy(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
The caption isn’t suppose to “are we in famine period”
“Here comes the famine period” CORRECT
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by emonis88: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
My two pence, as the youths kicked off end sars that shook this govt, they should use same platform to pick an independent presidential candidate n rally round him , contribute to his form inec, n rally for votes, the old can't be more than d youths, n even the middle age u il see il also vote for them.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by yinkeys(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
bluefilm:

Look at you.

You think Elumelu is complaining because he really cares about you?

Well, keep deceiving yourself in your delusion.
700 naira per liter for diesel
It will definitely be deducted from their profit nationwide
Besides you think it’s easy to get quality fuel in the country today ?
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Daniel2032:

I wanted to reply then i saw your name.

My name has nothing to do with you being so brainless that you think one man is responsible for all your failures in life.

Ozu nwuru anwu.

My fren' biko getout from here ọsịsọ ka mmadu nu ife !!!
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by cardoctor(m): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2022
Its very obvious. Just like the tortoise story.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by RapistOnBail: 7:36pm On Mar 18, 2022

Things are still gonna get more and more difficult if you wait for miracle to come ur doorstep.

You guys have to fight for your personal welfare and personal growth. That’s where the real development starts from.

Things are hard no doubt, but there are thousand ways around crossing a bridge.

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
alpharoyalty:
I am happy that we are all suffering it irrespective of tribe, religion or party grin

I am quite ok but I pity majority of Nigerians.
I don't think they have had it this bad.

It beat me to know that sane people voted a brainless dullard.
Shame.

Like I said, we are all in it together.

You have said it all... Businesses that were thriving this time last year are currently comatose with little hope in sight.

At this rate, even yahoo criminals and armed robbers will soon run out of prospects to fleece!
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by alpharoyalty: 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2022
emonis88:
My two pence, as the youths kicked off end sars that shook this govt, they should use same platform to pick an independent presidential candidate n rally round him , contribute to his form inec, n rally for votes, the old can't be more than d youths, n even the middle age u il see il also vote for them.

My guy. The problem we have are the bunch of illiterate and tribalistic people we have in Nigeria.
Especially those people up north.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Daniel2032(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
bluefilm:

My name has nothing to do with you being so brainless that you think one man is responsible for all your failures in life.

Ozu nwuru anwu.

My fren' biko getout from here ọsịsọ ka mmadu nu ife !!!

Ur name explained how senseless u're before u talk. Werey.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by mightyhaze: 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2022
Funny enough this is when I like to take it easy..

It's in times of economic go slows like this I like to relax,go places,spend time and money with family n good friends... Ppl wonder how or why I do it.. but this is the only time I get to have good rests ,see the town and other places..take the kids to places myself

Once economic activities pick up u may not even know I exist in my neighborhood.. 7am to 7pm

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by shantti(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
Adiob200:
How is economy like in your state, because here in osun everything just stagnant no light , no sales ..things just fraustrating...I was wondering is like that in other part of the country...can we say we are in famine period

Which side of osun are u in. Things are just too expensive here. I bought one cup of egusi for #200. I wanted to cry. I come see one small fish come ask for price, was expecting #60 cos it was small, na so the woman tell me say na #200. I just weak.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by yinkeys(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
emonis88:
Idea inside mud
Old men create the rules of the game
They install the INEC president that’s going to do their bidding
Jonathan was lenient and trying to be a true Nigerian that’s why he put someone he didn’t have a close relationship with there.
The men in today’s office are monsters and yahoo fraudsters

You’re deceiving yourself if you think there’d be a fair election next year. Under this constitution Nigerians are deceiving themselves
I will quote you after the shabby election is rigged again next year
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
Oysters:
Na trenches we dey so for here o ... cry

But brace up comrade, it's about to get worse. We're about to transition into the next sani abacha phase

Maybe you were not born then...

No administration in the history of this nation post-independence, has ever been this bad, except this same Buhari's time as a dictator.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by bluefilm: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Daniel2032:

Ur name explained how senseless u're before u talk. Werey.

Ewu angry
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
[/font]
Tallesty1:
[font=georgia] Take a look at Nigeria, think about things that are happening and give me one evidence to prove that God has interest in Nigeria.

Forget the churches and pastors, they're successful business organizations.

I like this font grin
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Czario: 7:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Pls if u can stock up on non perishable foods
Factories cannot keep up with normal rates of production others are closing down..

There is likely to be an acute shortage of popular staple foods like pasta, noodles, tomato paste, cereals etc. in coming weeks

Prices will hit outer space levels and the super rich will buy at any price...while the masses will slug it out in food riots.

God be with us all..

3 Likes

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Not yet
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by phorget(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2022
heniford2:
which one be his not interested yet we have the highest church,religious in nature you say God no hate Naija undecided abeg i disagree

Anyone can build a building and call it a church, God is not in those churches so don't expect Nigeria to be better just because the citizens claimed to be worshipping God.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by InoGetJoy: 8:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Things are still gonna get more and more difficult if you wait for miracle to come ur doorstep.

You guys have to fight for your personal welfare and personal growth. That’s where the real development starts from.

Things are hard no doubt, but there are thousand ways around crossing a bridge.

I used to think like you but I've eventually realised that no matter how much money you have you're never truly rich until people around you are rich.

You might drive an expensive Benz but you can still get kidnapped
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Princedapace(m): 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
Simplelion:
on till Nigeria start voting base on credibility not on where the candidate comes from they'll keep getting it wrong is even worst now.

Nigerians can't vote based on credibility based on how Nigeria is structured. This is why we keep shouting that Nigeria running this type of govt can never favour the masses. The truth is we can preach as much as we can, humans will always be selfish and ethnic or race driven.

As advanced as whites are, they are still majorly racists. Humans will always identify with their religion, belief, ethnicity, race,etc.
No preaching can change it. This is why Europeans carefully structured their countries to avoid situation where ethnic classes will emerge in leadership.
Even ur great Britain runs a system that allow the four nations freedom of their own leadership unique to them, their own currency, cultural identity, etc. And still give room for citizens to decide if they Wana remain in the union.
But Africans have vowed that it is by fire, by force the way whites created us down here is how we must remain. It is why I laugh.
People will naturally elect leaders from their tribe more. Nothing u can do about it.
Nigeria needs to either separate by choices or practice cure regional system so that I won't really care about who leaders the center, I will care about who leads my region and since he or she is naturally from my ethnic group, no issue. Lol.
We can deny this as much as we like. Come back in 50 years, Nigeria would be worse if she continues with this system. Only the politicians and their families will be balling while the masses suffer.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by SQLmastar(m): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2022
MARKone:
It's every where. Importers are not finding it funny now, commercially imported goods would soon be out of the reach of Nigerians with the new increase in import duties, the Naira is weak, almost useless. Diesel is almost 800 Naira per litre, no light. Buhari is in UK cruising, his wife in Dubai shopping.

what do you think made these companies to stop production?
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by tiwasiaife(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2022
Shalommy:
Buhari is a plague. It happened like this back then during his first leadership as my parents told me. So, buhari is a demon with badluck.

I will sustain on Buharis legacies if elected.

Tinubu
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by uvie66: 8:19pm On Mar 18, 2022
MARKone:
It's every where. Importers are not finding it funny now, commercially imported goods would soon be out of the reach of Nigerians with the new increase in import duties, the Naira is weak, almost useless. Diesel is almost 800 Naira per litre, no light. Buhari is in UK cruising, his wife in Dubai shopping.

...and I must add we want to be seen with iphone, Samsung and Brazilian hair which are all imported.
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by OneTwoOne(m): 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
As it Is now, THINGS WILL STILL COST MORE IN MONTHS TO COME.
If you're opportune please invest in Agriculture, even if it's a garden

I can beat my chest and say Buhari is a disaster.
It's sad I voted him.

He and those lying to him have no conscience, human feelings.

Imagine the hardship Nigerians are going through yet he felt unconcerned.

University students are always on strike, No light, Exchange rate keep rising, Insecurity is order of the day, those programs he rolled out has been a scam because non is working again.

Buhari indeed is a disaster, this is how we almost die during GEJ's administration as well which made is rejected him.
Buhari you failed and disappointed us, you can continue harnessing the traveling opportunities/vacation you wants, GID WILL JUDGE YOU
Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by SIRTee15: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2022
ajerimitan:
We need a leader who has the guts of General Sani Abacha. Minus his greed such a person will be able to arm string Nigeria top echelon and knock some senses into their skull. Nigeria is not for pampers or diaper presidents, who will keep blowing useless grammar or presidents that are powered by batteries and mobile convertible life saving machines. Those beast up there are like deaf, dumb and blind demons they can't conform to any useful purpose. Only brute force like incaseration, imprisonment, famine, pestilence, terrorism and war is the only language they understand.

But this was why Buhari was voted in. A benevolent but no nonsense leader. See where it ended for Nigerians.
Restructure the country, let each region develop at it's own pace and ability. That's the answer.

1 Like

Re: Are We In Famine Period In Nigeria? by Elvis778(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hmm, truth is, Buhari has bleeped us mercilessly, we are almost irredeemable, if you have the means just escape from this hell hole.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Take On The Slave Labor In Nigerian Banks - Cramjones / Bureau De Change Operators React To Elimination Of Parallel Market / Stock Exchange Rally: Dangote Makes $1.1bn In Six Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.