Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short (26927 Views)

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by SILVERLINES: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
wink
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by dingbang(m): 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
Kestolove:
Op stop posting rubbish..
swears...utter nonsense.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Sleekfingers: 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2022
Drastick:
Someone shuld pls give me a job here in Abuja, even if it means being a house-keeper. I am tired of been jobless, broke and hungry pls.

Someone should pls show compassion on me, and bless me today so i can buy some food and re-fill my Gas. Pls!

SIX-THREE-ONE-TWO-FOUR-FIVE-FIVE-SIX-NINE-SIX

Fidelity Bank

Hunger never deal with you. By the time hunger is through with you , nobody go tell you to hit the street , carrying loads ( kaya) , wash plates for mama put, labourer for construction sites ......

Another lazy youth spotted...

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by NobleAngell(f): 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
I see
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by SarkinYarki: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2022
Do they need to tell you that story is another made up twitter lie?
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Laeroy(f): 1:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
Only Jesus can show real love to everyone..... Our world needs Jesus.
We keep deceiving ourselves, but there's no love in the society

OP, from your own submission, I believe that the whites are right for feeling superior to blacks and there's nothing wrong about it

#NoLoveInOurWorld

People show love based on looks

JESUS loved everyone, gave hope to people that would ordinarily have been rejected

Jesus is king

But Jesus won't come down from heaven to show love.....Or you want to wait until you die before u experience love since nobody wants to show u love.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by dfrost: 1:38pm On Mar 20, 2022
Tripitaka:

Exactly my point too. Its unprofessional for the recruiter to voice such sentiment. But then it's his prerogative to employ using any yardstick he may want. Some wont even employ you if you have certain accents.

Then the ideal thing to do is make sure those requirements are spelt out ab initio else you could be making a presence in the court for traumatizing someone. Not everything is meant to be joked with and voiced out. angry
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by dedons: 1:39pm On Mar 20, 2022
Make she rest na. She will surely get a more suitable job soon.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Moneyboyz: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
emmabest2000:
Limitations
I laugh whenever I see this picture.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Moneyboyz:
I laugh whenever I see this picture.
Lol. Me too grin

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:46pm On Mar 20, 2022
Height has no role in a receptionist job to be fair. That itself is discrimination, and should ideally be illegal.

This is totally different from a military job where certain people bases on their physical attribute should be shielded from such.

All employers must be able to state clear, accessible and justifiable essential and desirable criteria for recruitment. If you can't print height in this criteria for receptionist, then it's all shades wrong, whether spoken verbally or implied.

We are lights years behind in the scheme of things. Someday all will be well.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2022
Karleb:
You've spoken well.

The same lady would reject a guy for being too short, ugly or bald.

Which makes me wonder why Blacks are quick to pull the racism card when being rejected by whites because of the color of our skin. cry

Tripitaka grin after all it's all sentiments abi?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Anonymous54: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
I want to buy this cylinder does anyone who resides in Lagos have this? I would pay today if it's available asap!

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by 9182736455O1999(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
Tripitaka:
https://www.nairaland.com/7033680/rejected-job-because-too-short

Some days ago I read with amazement the takes of some persons on the attached thread.

So this lady was rejected by the recruiter for being "short". Perhaps the story is untrue just as many like it on Twitter, but I'm reacting on the premise that it's true (even though most likely greatly embellished).

Firstly, its crass and unprofessional for a recruiter to voice such words whether directly or indirectly, but sentiments is a huge part of decision making. Heck, most of y'all were never called back by the HR for the same reason as the complainant; only difference is that you weren't expressly told that you're short, fat, have terrible dentition, have bent legs or look too tacky and malnourished. Do you recall attending that interview where you believed you smashed it and impressed the recruiters, but never heard from them again? That could be it.

In certain businesses especially the hospitality sector, looks is a big deal. Have you seen airhosts? Have you see the attendants and receptionists at top range hotels? If all things are roughly equal among applicants, recruiter will tend to favor those who look more polished and are attractive.

The word “attractive” doesn’t just mean people want to have sex with them, it means people enjoy being around them more. It’s a reality, harsh as it may be. Businesses that appeal to the public work hard to make everything about the customer experience attractive….nice furniture and pretty pictures on the wall in a restaurant, attractive interiors, buildings or landscapes in the background of movies, and so on. It shouldn’t be surprising at all that they prefer attractive employees in customer facing positions.

This is natural.

Also, as a business owner, why will I employ a short first class receptionist when I can employ a tall first class receptionist? Wheres the wisdom? Beauty and intelligence are not mutually exclusive which means that one can have both. If as an HR, I have 100s of applicant for a single opening, does this not give me the privilege to pick "the best"?

Most of yall trying to be politically correct on the other thread certainly wont employ dwarfs in your organisation irrespective of qualifications. Image is super important especially in customer-facing positions and you're automatically a brand ambassador. Funnily enough, a lot of women only hang out with their beautiful friends while they call the average ones when they need relationship advise (I've had a couple of persons admit to this).

Some even ignorantly cursed out the country. Have you wondered why even some foreign orgs require you to attach a passport photograph or make a short video of yourself? That's right, they want to see what you look like. Even the military wont employ you if you're not up to a certain height or with a proper BMI.

That's why I always say that if you're goodlooking and well poised, then consider yourself as already having a fair headstart in life. Do not let anyone deceive you, beauty avails you a lot of privileges, but it's not just beauty.

Mods please help push to frontpage
One of the truths no one will tell you.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Kutunban: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
Tripitaka thank you for this insight.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Rita33(f): 1:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
Anonymous54:
I want to buy this cylinder does anyone who resides in Lagos have this? I would pay today if it's available asap!

Yea can we talk
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Anonymous54: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Rita33:

Yea can we talk

Yea

Are you on WhatsApp let's talk.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Kutunban: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2022
Professorcplus:
Omo short na for lady wey worwor.
Smalli na for the ones with right curve with banging body and fine face.

Beauty is not by height, height is just a plus.

You seem not to understand the OP.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
Many people really just like to live in denial.

What the OP has stated is merely the truth.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by CsRockefeller(m): 1:52pm On Mar 20, 2022
Empty. Trash. Nusiance.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Karleb(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Blablamalala:

Which makes me wonder why Blacks are quick to pull the racism card when being rejected by whites because of the color of our skin. cry

Tripitaka grin after all it's all sentiments.

Atimes, black people take racism too far. Even these LGBT+ people are found of that too.

Some feminist too are not left out.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Powersurge: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
HYDEEE:
Will you keep quiet there...
But this woman ugly sha.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by SeriouslySense(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Am curious what makes her ugly. The details

Powersurge:

But this woman ugly sha.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Rita33(f): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Anonymous54:

Yea

Are you on WhatsApp let's talk.

Okay absolutely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Kutunban: 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Height has no role in a receptionist job to be fair. That itself is discrimination, and should ideally be illegal.

This is totally different from a military job where certain people bases on their physical attribute should be shielded from such.

All employers must be able to state clear, accessible and justifiable essential and desirable criteria for recruitment. If you can't print height in this criteria for receptionist, then it's all shades wrong, whether spoken verbally or implied.

We are lights years behind in the scheme of things. Someday all will be well.

Perhaps a new advocacy can be pioneered by you in Nigeria. OP truly expressed the truth we don't tell our selfs. Have you ever seen an albino as a teller in the bank or a dwarf as a receptionist in any organization or customer service representatives? Even in movie roles and music industry attractiveness is a criteria. Rick Ross, Davido, Eniola and even you I'm certain you don't vibe to unattractive people.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by SeriouslySense(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Am curious what makes her ugly (her hair is fake number 1). The details, such as ......

Powersurge:

But this woman ugly sha.
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Karleb:

Atimes, black people take racism too far. Even these LGBT+ people are found of that too.

Some feminist too are not left out.

Too far? How?! You see, it's not different from what tripitaka is trying to make look rational. Sentiments are mostly irrational dogma.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Anonymous54: 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Rita33:

Okay absolutely

Here is my WhatsApp number
Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by folake4u(f): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
The Op is actually telling the truth.

Nigerians like putting emotions in everything. Gosh! This isn't Nollywood movie that the rejected employee will now be the chief cornerstone. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by Karleb(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Blablamalala:

Too far? How?! You see, it's not different from what tripitaka is trying to make look rational. Sentiments are mostly irrational dogma.

an African would scream blue murder if he was denied the right to contest for a political post in US but in Nigeria here, that same igbo man cannot contest nor win a local chairmanship election in Kaduna and he knows that.

The OP made perfect sense. That lady simply didn't meet the requirements. Thoungh the HR was wrong to voice itin that manner.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short by achimendy(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
salbis:
Chop knuckles, oil dey ya head.

Oil dey your head,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Online Job Search Is A Waste Of Time / Federal Civil Service Commission CV Submition And Registration / Dangote Management Trainee Aptitude Test Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.