Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place (426 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 2:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
You are the God whose name is "holiness"
"The consuming fire ."
Yes ! you are fire.
Your being is fire .
You are clothed with fire .
Your throne is fire.
You dwell in fire .
In your presence there is fire always .
And it consumes and set ablaze whatever Is before you .
It consumes the flesh and kindles holiness within the soul .
It robs on the cherubims of your presence .
Yeah ! They are continually purified by it and it satisfies them .

It purifies the body of lust and gives pleasure to the soul .

I forced myself to come before you ,to wait before your presence,
And disciplined my flesh to stay .
My soul rebelled with heavy turbulence within me : my mind wanders far away looking for the unknown .
My emotions fold itself in and depressed me .My intellect tells me waiting could be a waste of time
And my will was weak and desired to give up .

But the still voice of your spirit kept me there and encouraged me .
Your spirit encouraged my spirit with words
Saying"wait up on the lord and he shall renew thy strength.

My flesh cried for weakness and my soul still fights.
But if my flesh is weak yet my spirit is willing then my soul must stay for it is the spirit that giveth life the flesh profithet nothing .
So I stayed still .

Then the glory of your presence
Descended upon me .
yeah ! you anointed my head with oil and my palm with the balm of healing .
Your hand touched my lips ,and you put your words in my mouth .
I felt oil on my tongue -oil Sweet like utterances full of grace and wisdom .
You anointed my feet with flames and the sole of my feet with fire .

Then my soul surrendered like a king defeated in battle ,and my flesh gave way like the red sea gave way before Israel .

Then you released upon me the dew of the heavens ,and refreshed my soul like a tree planted by the riverside .
I am planted and watered like the tree of life that I may bear fruit every season .
My prayers shall be for the healing of the nations ,and I shall intercede for them before you .

Now my soul thirsts for your presence like a dying man thirst for life .
Ho God quicken my spirit and incline my heart back to you whenever it lust after things that defiles .
Ho lord hold me tight the way a nursing mother holds her child to her bossom ,
Like the way a bridegroom holds his new bride
That I may not go lusting after the devices of another spirit or walk after things that profit not .

There is pleasure in your presence but only those who tarries long enough will find it out .
I say "There is surely pleasure in your presence even as your fire burns with holiness ."

I will find pleasure in your presence more than the winebibber can find in wine .
I will find pleasure in your presence more than the glutton can find in food .
I will find pleasure in your presence more than men can find in sex .
I will find pleasure in your presence more than in anything else my mind can think of .
I will find pleasure in your presence more than my soul can ever desire .
Please help me to remember these always and let my heart not forget .

"I have found pleasure in your presence"
-the secret place where I wait upon thee all alone in the chamber of my house ,and deep within my mindfulness.
and you are within me the holy spirit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
Please take note :
This is an intellectual property of the author so do not copy and paste unless granted the permission to do .
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2022
Yeah there is for sure pleasure with God
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2022
In your presence there is life
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 10:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
Something great is coming
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 5:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
I would love to remember this everyday .
It's important
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2022
Help me remember always
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Officialespeaks(m): 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
Speaklove:
Yeah there is for sure pleasure with God

Nice... Just the repetition of I will find pleasure in your........
You know... But great work...
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2022
Officialespeaks:

Nice... Just the repetition of I will find pleasure in your........
You know... But great work...

Thank you so much .
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2022
If you consider well you will understand .
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2022
This was inspired by the holy spirit and it entails message ,exhortation ,and paths that could lead to spiritual experiences .
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
Spiritually inspired
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 11:41pm On Apr 15, 2022
Spiritual
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 1:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
The secret place is the presence of his holiness
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2022
You are within me -the holy spirit
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
Help me remember these always
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by ekekingsley56: 11:53am On Oct 28, 2022
your presence do I need always holy of holies

1 Like

Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2022
Blessed sunday
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 9:11pm On Feb 12
I love this so much
Re: I Found Pleasure In Your Presence : The Secret Place by Speaklove: 3:10pm On Feb 25
TRUE pleasure is found only in your presence

(1) (Reply)

I Once Loved A Maid!! / Hypocrene / Crying Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.