Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,413 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait (35376 Views)

Chinese Carrier Sails Through Taiwan Strait Hours Before Biden - Xi Call / Donald Trump Complains As Result Tilt Towards Biden's Favour / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Kingspin(m): 10:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Gbajure:

That is how the US keeps causing trouble everywhere.
In This modern age no country should invade another. If there must be war let it be a pure act to war.
I don't understand what China is doing in Taiwan.

If your village is invaded, how do you feel?

2 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by cuteralph101(m): 10:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Blackdisciple:
Destroyer dey pass on em own they are complaining...

But if na for persian sea , Iran for don blow the ship oo...
lols US get base for Persian gulf with total 18 ships...Iran fit try �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by cuteralph101(m): 10:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
chronique:

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Most of you can afford an iPhone cos it's manufactured in China. If same phone is manufactured in the US, the cost would be extremely high? As far back as 2007-2009, authentic made in America jeans was selling for as much as 10k+... The Chinese cheap labor is also helping the American economy. All the big American companies are outsourcing their manufacturing to China so they can remain competitive in the market.
they can source cheap labor else where India is there
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Bellerophon: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
AFONJAPIG:
oga how many of these you mentioned here a common man like u can afford, before you spew thrash nah only 4 trillion America take pass China for economy and with the way China is going in coming years America will be strip off that No1

What a pity! Poverty is truly crazy! I barely have Chinese products in my house and modestly I can tell you I have never used a Chinese mobile device! The American economy is larger than China’s with about 6 trillion dollars and you are even just talking GDP which is just one of the many other ways of determining the economic dominance of a country!
These products you claim only have wide patronage in Asia and Africa which unfortunately is the poverty capital of the world and home to the world’a poorest populations! Even by your own admission it is the hefty price of these goods I enumerated that makes it unattractive to you or most people on these two continents, hence your choice of Chinese products over American is more of economic preservation rather than a preference for superior technology! Lol

The standard for innovation in most industries are American products, before you start talking about Chinese dominance, have you ever heard of Chinese companies constructing roads in America, or the west? Or constructing buildings and sky scrapers? Why don’t you prefer to drive a Chinese car over an American muscle car for instance? Despite the hefty cost of the American automobile! Your moniker rightly describes you and I will not take a swim in your mud pool as it’s futile being dirtier than a pig

4 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by seanwilliam(m): 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Help2020:

You all said the same before Russia invaded Ukraine. Shey US sanction has killed Russia now? China Economy is bigger than that of US, only a fool will think US sanction will move China.

2 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Kingpin1000: 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2022
boyfrank:

Nobody calls Vietnam ordinary, Vietnam also defeated China shortly after kicking USA out of their country.
Na before China become communist country na.
You know say Vietnam na communist country and them dey strong for fight and can withstand hardship.
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Kingpin1000: 11:00pm On Mar 19, 2022
tuzle:
as if people in Ukraine or Taiwan know what is happening on nairaland
.oga Zelensky na nairaland member on the low.
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by frankson1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
prettyboi1:

Sovereign nation recognized by who? In that case, Puerto Rico too is a sovereign nation & China should by-pass USA & go relate with Puerto Rico. What USA cannot or would not tolerate, it would be provoking other people to tolerate & many of you guys here would be supporting such hypocrisy. The hypocrisy of some of you stinks. ��‍♂️

I won't call them "hypocrite". So many of them don't understand any of these.

In short, the [b]Monroe Doctrine [/b]holds that the United States reserves the right to national self-defense and any potential adversary that attempts to place strategic weapons within the Caribbean, Gulf of Mexico or immediate neighboring countries will be subject to military intervention if necessary to prevent that from becoming a reality.

This happened after the then Soviet Union made attempt to place missile in Cuba.

So you see that the US keeps dishing out to people what themselves don't want.

The way I love Vladimir Putin eh!

4 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Awkabigboy: 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sltp:
China is the only sanction proof economy in the world. Even American economy will crumble if it's sanctioned. Even dumping the universal of the dollars will crumble the American economy because that's its only strength
China can't be sanction proof. I watched on al jazeera. Their economic indices for 2022 has been cut shot due to ordinary Ukraine war let alone of when they sanction China. Una no sabi economics

2 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Igbofam:

Taiwan is recognized as A MAJOR non NATO Ally. They may not be a member of NATO but their interests are ranked very high by NATO nations

Are they member of NATO? I guess the answer is NO.
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by omoluka: 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sltp:
just shut up!!! I know all this. Services provided by China is presently indispensable. Any country that dare to dump they will be hurt much more than China. It will take several decades to turn the tide. China is not Russia with dispensable services.

Even the sanction on Russia with it's very small economy is shaking the world. Read with comprehension
You are reacting with sentiments and emotion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by kennosklint(m): 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nigeria no de try at all... see small Ghana wey we go invade pursue their president with cutlass and take over their country we de look dem , ayam angry in the spirit
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by FoolishBoy419: 11:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
sweetjohn:
even as you are typing this nonsense, you know you are typing trash. And you know in your heart of hearts that China and Russia combine just as Japan and Germany combo during ww2, can not stand USA. Japan and Germany combo was the badest and the greatest joint fight in the world against USA and at the end the USA not just defeated them but give them brutality. Respect your father Mr man

I have just 4% in my battery but I couldn't resist addressing your ignorance.

Germany singlehandedly defeated France, and Britain. Had the Soviet Union not fought them the way they did, even your US couldn't have faced them. Do you know how many people died in Leningrad alone?

Germany basically fought USR, France, Soviet Union and Britain alone. Japan and Italy were useless compared to the Nazis. Just take a second and imagine Germany only having to deal with USA alone or any other allied power for that matter.

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by frankson1(m): 11:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Sltp:
first, $50m is a lot of money to Americans even the wealthiest in america don't have it.

Secondly, $50m will execute x5 what it will execute in America in China. That's why the world depends on China. China depends on export, but their exports don't have alternative. Sanctioning them will hurt the sanctionee more than it hurt China.

And China will still have exports to all the developed world as nobody can stop that except they want to destroy the world. Just think

The US will BLEED if they pull out of and or stop doing business with China.

People on this forum keep commenting on what they absolutely have no idea about.

They're not aware that even in the period of sanctions, Ivanka Trump was busying trademarking her company in China.
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by frankson1(m): 11:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
FoolishBoy419:

I have just 4% in my battery but I couldn't resist addressing your ignorance.

Germany singlehandedly defeated France, and Britain. Had the Soviet Union not fought them the way they did, even your US couldn't have faced them. Do you know how many people died in Leningrad alone?

Germany basically fought USR, France, Soviet Union and Britain alone. Japan and Italy were useless compared to the Nazis. Just take a second and imagine Germany only having to deal with USA alone or any other allied power for that matter.

Let them enjoy the Hollywood movies they see on TV.

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by frankson1(m): 11:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Bellerophon:

How many Chinese brand are you using? over the world Chinese electronics and products are derided as imitations! The Chinese still largely rely on Googles Android for all their phones, after all these years why has China found it difficult to provide a universally acceptable alternative to the Android OS? Why do you prefer Jordan’s, Nike, Iphone, Beats, Ford, Chevrolet, American Music and Movies, NBA, Dell, McIntosh, to ready Chinese alternatives? Why do you fly in a Boeing or Airbus rather than a Chinese airliner? Why are the rich Chinese buying up real estates in Hawaii, California, Florida and the likes? Why? Why are the most billionaires in dollars mostly American and not Chinese business men? Why? Why do you consume Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and western social media when you can do tik tok, baidu, wechat and the likes?

Sometimes I wonder if most of you even know what you talk about before you type! For years China has been a dumping ground of overused technology and prospered around the manufacturing these technology allowed! Stop hating without logic! Bias mixed with ignorance is a combustible combination

Oga, almost all of the commodities/companies you mentioned have factories and plants in China that's why you can even afford 'any' in the first place.

While Trump was sanctioning China, his daughter was busy having her businesses trademarked.

You should ask yourself why they all seem to run to China.

So it's you who don't know what you talk about undecided
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by goodheart01: 12:08am On Mar 20, 2022
sosanova:
grin grin grin
China fear

US destroyers are very deadly and the Chinese know this

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by goodheart01: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Lol. They feared Taiwan might end up being besieged by China like Russia did to Ukraine.

I still wonder why the USA intelligence is so accurate and superb. Kudos to them

The US intelligence network is the best in the world. Remember they predicted the Russian invasion of Ukraine and it happened so

3 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by goodheart01: 12:12am On Mar 20, 2022
Terrence99:
China are foolish noise makers. Ordinary Covid vaccine, they couldn't produce because they didn't see where to copy from.
That was how they dared the British to sail their warship in close proximity to China. The British sailed their warship and China was behaving like deaf and dumb. They couldn't do nada.

Putin thought taught them the art of stupidity

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by goodheart01: 12:14am On Mar 20, 2022
Sltp:
China is the only sanction proof economy in the world. Even American economy will crumble if it's sanctioned. Even dumping the universal of the dollars will crumble the American economy because that's its only strength

I wonder where u people get this sort of analysis

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by BullyBullies: 12:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Gbajure:

That is how US keeps causing trouble everywhere.

It's too much
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by ps3o(m): 12:28am On Mar 20, 2022
ogelekpomgam:
This US dey behave like portable.when china begin bomb Taiwan now..Dem go dey for Washington dey do prediction.dem go dey count scores..dey give Taiwan hope.angry

E b like say dey don show u d marking script

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by okuta007: 12:32am On Mar 20, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
USA is going up in flames soon

Ordinary Vietnam.. You no win..

You wan fight Russia and dey provoke china..

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT and AMERICAN POLITICS are the ONLY reasons the USA do not finish wars in a way it is capable of - mass protest at home complaining that our US military is killing unarmed civilians of the enemy country (like in vietnam) bla bla bla - we are not respecting the human rights of our enemies, (like in Iraq) bla bla bla - and the next election we may lose if public sentiments turns against the party in the white house bla bla bla - that is why we do not prosecute wars to the expected end - IF MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WANT A PARTICULAR WAR WITH ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, that country will suffer trust me.

The average American does not like oppression - and we feel that way when the US is trying to attack any country - but when the media does a good job to create enough public sentiments - for Americans to demand it (democrats, republicans and independents) hmmm - e don set for that enemy country - YES, Rules of Engagements makes it hard to fight insurgents in UNCONVENTIONAL warfare because there will be claims u are killing unarmed civilians and that makes it harder to get the targets - but in CONVENTIONAL warfare, where the enemy country is known and their military is out there trying to fight, and they can be identified by their uniforms (like China) - hmm na sorry be their name! grin

no need to argue with you - seeing is believing - hope u have anuff data -? if u do, watch the USA you claim is weak and advise urself - happy viewing! grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRUHwnOLqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f4DPKywcKE

i will limit the videos to just these 2 because of data challenges you may have in naija.

think next time before you type grin happy weekend wink

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by TWoods(m): 12:42am On Mar 20, 2022
Gbajure:

That is how US keeps causing trouble everywhere.

...and yet you would be the first to jump at a visa from them.

3 Likes

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:45am On Mar 20, 2022
nijanigga:

Like your brother putin killing babies in Ukraine

USA and nato have killed over one million children in the past 20 years did you open mouth to talk....
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Bellerophon: 12:57am On Mar 20, 2022
frankson1:

Oga, almost all of the commodities/companies you mentioned have factories and plants in China that's why you can even afford 'any' in the first place.

While Trump was sanctioning China, his daughter was busy having her businesses trademarked.

You should ask yourself why they all seem to run to China.

So it's you who don't know what you talk about undecided

Not worth my response, you are a sensationalist! I will not indulge!

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Bigchristo: 1:07am On Mar 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
China has only 2 live lines left. Either to quit the invasion of Taiwan and avoid U.S sanctions and possibly war with the U.S and NATO or invade Taiwan and see the reverse of the U.S and NATO actions.
They can decide to do it and nothing will happen, like play like joke Ukraine is being burn to the ground everyone was thinking US will just step in directly but till date they’re still afraid to confront Russia, we ain’t living in old days, Fear those two countries China and Russia they’ve advanced too much in military hardware and nuclear arsenal that’s what they’re using to hold US and NATO, because the US is really scared of seeing any country lunching attack directly on their soil when Osama Bin Laden did that 9/11 attack they feel the pain till date they won’t allow anyone to kill their citizens but they’re pressing Ukraine to keep resisting while their citizens are dying daily

1 Like

Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:11am On Mar 20, 2022
oluwaahmed:

Una don start. Na so una push ukraine now wan come push Taiwan.

Howwwwww... i thought china wanted to help Russia... sometimes it just good to stay neutral.. na china buy trouble... they have that dominari thing in them.... u go talk say u go help Russia.... now US and NATO don warn u..

Which also gives them the room to sail the South China sea.. to protect Taiwan....

So na china buy market... they for just maintain their brt lane!!
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by House34: 1:41am On Mar 20, 2022
oluwaahmed:

Una don start. Na so una push ukraine now wan come push Taiwan.

The russian trying to avoid citizen causualties that why it look like the ukrainian are winning but somebody should warn Taiwan,china has veto power too and chineses will wipe off Taiwan ..the chinese do no believe in defenseful war tatics ..i hope Tiawan is wise and not let big brother usa push you to the lion den..ukraine are still fighting a war dey cannot win. I hope wisdom and peace regime.what sure about this whole issue is the world begin to wake up to the dirty politics usa playing around the world .
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 20, 2022
china would eventually invade Taiwan once putin pulls through with his invasion of Ukraine
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by nijanigga: 2:22am On Mar 20, 2022
Kingsnairaland:

USA and nato have killed over one million children in the past 20 years did you open mouth to talk....
Maybe na so you take get f9 for math for waec thinking negative times negative is positive,.
In this case 2 wrongs is not equal to right, assuming you're right.
But remember ,Ukraine no get wahala with anyone infact ,you know how many Nigerians dey school for Ukraine ? Thousands, now everything is shattered
Re: China Complains As US Destroyer, Ralph Johnson Warship Navigates Taiwan Strait by Aboks(m): 2:29am On Mar 20, 2022
Feai fear china

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Robert Mugabe Can No Longer Walk' - President Emmerson Mnangagwa / 92-Year-Old Mahathir Mohamad Wins Malaysia Presidential Election / Pro-abortion Activists Protest In Cities, Burn American Flag (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.