Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,260 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji (70875 Views)

Why I Resigned As Minister Of Power - Barth Nnaji / Why I Located $800m Geometric Power Plant In Aba - Barth Nnaji / 13 Reasons Nigeria Must Not Support Invasion Of Niger Republic - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by SEGLIZ: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2022
LordFaraday:
He was never part of the problem. During his time as the minister of power there was increase in power supply and it was felt by everyone.but the evil system won't allow him stay for so long. Evil cabals that needs to be eliminated in this country.
did you say in his days there was steady power supply?

4 Likes

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by nahr(f): 11:18am On Mar 20, 2022
Only talks don't solve anything.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Ginomel(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2022
Astoria:
Do me a favor Barth. STFU.

No you don't know him. He nearly gave Nigeria 24 hours power but the cabal was so scared of perceived rising political profile and their business interests. He was removed immediately as a minister of power.

That's Nigeria for you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2022
AkalaJ:
I think that this problem, as repeated by Prof. Barth Nnaji, is well-known to both the public and private the stakeholders of the sector. But what curious minds like myself would like to know is how we can solve this problems, and also if it's the FG, state government, or the private sector that should be relied upon to solve it once and for all, that way we'll know who to hold accountable for prolonging this problem. We keep making this stable electricity issue seem like it's rocket science.

Perhaps it's a lack of will to solve the problems that is the issue because these problems have always been there. Why can't a solution be devised for the sector the way it was with the Telecommunications sector for example?
naija an unserious country with unserious inhabitants

All of them! Both the leaders and the led

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:25am On Mar 20, 2022
nedubrazil111:
4th reason > Bad leaders.

He clearly said that as the third reason
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by ayenika1: 11:25am On Mar 20, 2022
All said, provide a workable solution for the most important. I believe if the most important issue is resolved, others would gradually be resolved.

I don't like complaints. I love solutions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Temptee101(m): 11:26am On Mar 20, 2022
SadiqBabaSani:
A part of the problem is speaking

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by SarkinYarki: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2022
This man's short stint as power minister was the best we have ever seen , my electricity went up to 20 hours gauranteed a day in a short while but Jonathan allowed criminals to deceive to remove the man

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by ryd3(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2022
Barth was the best minister for power we've ever had

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by SarkinYarki: 11:28am On Mar 20, 2022
SEGLIZ:
did you say in his days there was steady power supply?

Yes I used to get upto 20 hours steady then ..his performance in a short while was very visible

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:28am On Mar 20, 2022
ayenika1:
All said, provide a workable solution for the most important. I believe if the most important issue is resolved, others would gradually be resolved.

I don't like complaints. I love solutions.

The leaders and the system don't love solutions, they love darkness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2022
grin This is all I know grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Temptee101(m): 11:29am On Mar 20, 2022
Chai

Brazil produces over 100,000 MW while Nigeria is still struggling with barely 3000 - 5000 megawatts for decades.

This is a country so blessed with everything ranging from gas, steel, gold, brass etc, name it.

I swear, this corntree was never meant to become a country.

O lord!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by adekanmbi1986(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by philipobiz: 11:31am On Mar 20, 2022
OscarJaden:
you are 100% correct sir

He is wrong. The few period he was minister. Within 7months there was overwhelming improvement. He resigned honorably before the cabal could lay their hands on him and soil his achievement. It took just a month fir the next minister to take us back to darkness

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Genlebrave(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2022
Believe me, solving Nigeria's problem isn't rocket science, what we need is a leader that will work for the people not the elites....

Looking at the current crop of leaders that are capable of doing this are Osibanjo, Peter obi and to some extent Atiku and Tinubu ( Tinubu might be greedy but believe me that Nigeria will be in good hands if he becomes president, have you asked yourself why the the North fears Tinubu.... he is the only one that can unite the south against the north...BAT is cunny man and also intelligent and also a man willing to listen to his subjects unlike Buhari...)

Osibanjo is also another rare gem in Nigeria politics that I believe if buhari took his advices which is in terms of corrupt leaders Nigeria would be better... Osibanjo is a like a Rottweiler waiting to be unleashed against the north... he fears no one and also very calculative... take it or leave it Osibanjo would have been our best vice president if the cabal didn't clip his wings and that of his godfather Tinubu....

I won't say much about Peter Obi because he seems to be eyeing the vp slot with Atiku.... but he is the only man with the magical wand to turn Nigeria around....

I see people saying that Peter Obi didn't do much in Anambra but funny enough he was the one that set the foundation for Obiano to achieve most of the infrastructure in Anambra today....

What Nigeria needs now isn't infrastructural Vision president like Amaechi or National Cake Sharing President like Tinubu or an economically savvy president like Atiku with a thieving tendency....

What we need most in Nigeria is either an Obi, who will invest more in human development which nigeria needs the most right now, Only a president interested in empowering Nigerian citizens can turn nigeria around....

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by FILEBE(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2022
LordFaraday:
He was never part of the problem. During his time as the minister of power there was increase in power supply and it was felt by everyone.but the evil system won't allow him stay for so long. Evil cabals that needs to be eliminated in this country.

Correctp

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by seyz91(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2022
cheesy abi
SadiqBabaSani:
A part of the problem is speaking
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by zeyt: 11:34am On Mar 20, 2022
Let go for alternative power generation model similar to those used in other countries with zero grid failure for decades.
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Genlebrave(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2022
He is wrong. The few period he was minister. Within 7months there was overwhelming improvement. He resigned honorably before the cabal could lay their hands on him and soil his achievement. It took just a month fir the next minister to take us back to darkness

That's why I will keep saying it that Nigeria with the right President can get things right under 2 years... Yar'adua did it..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by ceej(m): 11:34am On Mar 20, 2022
The only reason we do not have power is because we have an incompetent President and petroleum Minister and a very mediocre Power minister. Buhari thinks everything is about nepotism.2023 IS HERE..I will begin cleaning my PVC everyday until the voting day.
APC never again..PDP Worse off..I am really confused at this point whom to vote.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by darling4real1: 11:35am On Mar 20, 2022
This man remind me of the good days in Naija with more than 24hrs electricity in my area.
Waiting for Mr rocket science tribeman to prove me wrong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 20, 2022
Temptee101:
Chai

Brazil produces over 100,000 MW while Nigeria is still struggling with barely 3000 - 5000 megawatts for decades.

This is a country so blessed with everything ranging from gas, steel, gold, brass etc, name it.

I swear, this corntree was never meant to become a country.

O lord!
What do you mean by that ? Can't you see what Obj has put in place ?
Or you need eyes glasses to see the picture well ni undecided undecided undecided
Brazil ko inBrazzment ni undecided undecided undecided

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by GardenOfGod(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2022
AkalaJ:
I think that this problem, as repeated by Prof. Barth Nnaji, is well-known to both the public and private the stakeholders of the sector. But what curious minds like myself would like to know is how we can solve this problems, and also if it's the FG, state government, or the private sector that should be relied upon to solve it once and for all, that way we'll know who to hold accountable for prolonging this problem. We keep making this stable electricity issue seem like it's rocket science.

Perhaps it's a lack of will to solve the problems that is the issue because these problems have always been there. Why can't a solution be devised for the sector the way it was with the Telecommunications sector for example?
My brother the problem will not solved any time soon. Our politicians are benefiting from the situation so forget it.

The only help will be when the bill for state to generate amdd distribute their own electricity is signed into law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by Asifiwe(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2022
The country Nigeria will not progress in another hundred years if it is under the Northerner, They have spread themselves in every offices of the country, Imagine an old illiterate and dullard in NDLA who recently want single ladies to go through drug test before marriage, Imagine such weird unthinkable rationale, The North have systematically pitched themselves in every juicy offices in the country. They have removed every other tribe from all the positions they held. The Northerners who are academic double 007 have over years clung to power by the use of force, They decided to to cheat other regions through Military advantage which they kept persistently in the North. They have used military incursion into the Politics of Nigeria to retain Power in the North. First of all, the Military have no business in Politics, But since the Southerner saw the military as a profession belonging to the outcast and mostly failures in Life, they were not interested in Joining the Military, They Left the Military to failures and pursued Academic improvement in other professions. There was a time in Nigeria when Parent will deride their children for choosing to waste their destinies in the Military rather than becoming a Doctor or an engineer

The recruitment into the military was mainly of people who were drop out in school, who could not pass WAEC and those who were dull academically, these were the people who joined the military until later when they began to admit by Nepotism Northerner who were begged to go to school and Paid to pass through school and awarded certificate despite their poor academic output, The Northerner admitted these as senior ranks and they promoted them through Nepotism and they made them Lords over the rest of the illiterates in the Army, some of these senior officers did not even go to conventional schools, they only went to Military training both in the country and other foreign countries and once they are enlisted to attend Military training they are promoted by Nepotism by the Northern controlling tribe of the North. Popular People that you know in the Nigerian Army who became Head Of states, People Like Babangida, Obasanjo, Buhari were dropouts who never completed secondary school and many did not even attend a school apart from Military training, But these were apprentice in the Army and they became senior officers by a stroke of Luck and others by coup or serendipity. There were many in the early 80s, David Mark from Benue, Abdusalami, Danjuma, and so many others. All these men were never educated but they only had military Training since Nigeria was still coming from the crude days of colonial masters invasions. The reason for which Obasanjo decided to attend school in his old age was because he never had a conventional education. And of-course he chose Theology though he had nothing theological in his wasted years first at intervention Head of State first in 1979 and Later his wasted eight Years where they looted the country

Babangida on his part began the culture of thievery that has now stuck with the Nigerian Politician, he single handedly placed the country on the Path of corruption, he began with the gulf proceed and created a state of panic using the Military to oppress Nigeria . It was During Babangida that The Nigerian Military abused the rights of Nigerian to a great leavel and he also began to use the DSS to scare Nigerians.

The DSS have no business harassing Nigerian, But because the southerner who were educated were always confronting the failure of government and demanding accountability, especially the Nigerian students in all the western Universities and Lawyers Like Gani and Femi Falana who were Young at the time, Babangida Created a system of tremor to scare them away by using DSS as a tool of oppression in his Military days. The DSS was silent during Obasanjo wasted years because the southerner knows they have no role in Democracy, the DSS was silent during Jonathan days because it can be used against Jonathan as an oppressive department, But whenever a Northerner is in Power, they Often used the DSS to silent opposing voices and these tells you that the Northerner are on a mission to subjugate the rest of the Nigerian People as what we have is not a Democracy

The DSS is the oppressive set up made to afflict Nigerians by Babangida and they made the Police useless. In a sane country, The Police has more authority than the Army and every other military department of Government but since Nigerian Police have been bastardized and used by Politician, they do not understand their function anymore, A police can arrest even a President when they are removed from Politic in a Democracy

since we do not have a Democracy and the government Practice in Nigeria is a feudal system by the north we have been merrygorounding and the Nigerian society have suffered for the lack of Leadership

To expect anything tangible from illiterates is to live in fools paradise, the worst among us have been rotating the power around themselves and Buhari is one of the dull impostor from the military who has done harm to the leadership of this country of countries called Nigeria

They are all getting old and useless, yet they are refusing to let go of power, they are destroying the future of the unborn child by their clueless leadership

Nigeria was never meant to be together, Just like South Sudan broke ties with the Northern Sudan when John Garang wanted a better country apart from the Islamic mindset of the Northern sudan, the rest of the country must begin to demand for a dismantling of the amalgamation of 1914

The worst among us have ruled the best of us and they have kept the country backward for too long

Hausa will not change in another 100 Years, they are still as crude as the stone age and are unwilling to develop, those of us who knows development is possible must begin to agitate for a new country that will the envy of other countries of the world

we cannot leave the current structure for our kids, we cannot postpone the liberation of our people from the claws of these backward Northerner who have been adamant to change

They have systematically imposed mediocre on the rest of us while looting the treasury of the other region, imagine a corrupt criminal as attorney general of the federation, imagine a corrupt sharia judge as chief Judge, imagine a Northerner as Custom boss, A northerner as Education minister, a northerner as Aviation minister, a Northerner as controller of custom, a northerner as Inspector general of Police, A northerner as Defence minister, imagine a country where a Nepotist dictator employed only Northerner in his government and only compensated you by giving you one southerner as Vice President who is too dull and inactive .

The South must set up a Parallel government in the south to manage their own resources and break loose from the claws of the new colonial master the uneducated North

Do not expect any progress in Nigeria in another 100 Years when illiterates who are always dallying with Arabs are the one at the helm of affairs

Young people, I am provoking you to action, Nigeria is set up to destroy your destinies and your future, There is no future in Nigeria unless you all rise up as one man to discontinue the rape currently going on, Don't wait until you have been destroyed before fighting for your freedom.

When we were in school. The same old men deceived us that we were the future of the country, when one of us Omoyele Sowore stood up to take his place in Leadership and fix the country, they persecuted him and took his rights away from him confining him to Abuja because a clueless demented Northerner was afraid to be shamed

A country littered with Northerner in Power is a country of shame, it was right before our eyes that Paul Kagame set the path for development from Rwanda, It was right before our eyes that Namibia got independence and they have progress tremendously, It was right before our eyes that South Africa gained independence and now developing their country chasing Nigerians who ran away from the wicked government of Nigeria back to their country, we are hounded as partridges upon the mountain and hated in every country of the world for failure to put our country in the right path

The only reason is that the North does not know anything about development and to continue with these daft unrefined corrupt entities who are merely contractors and not leaders is to do a disservice to the innocent generation yet unborn

we all must break this house down

You can defeat their force, we outnumber them and can overrun them when we are united .

We must begin to demand true accountability. We are not as bad as the rest of the world is painting us, we are only unfortunate with Leaders from the North and their accomplices in the south

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by mokt(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2022
Na so so lie
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by CsRockefeller(m): 11:42am On Mar 20, 2022
Himtulie247:
grin This is all I know grin grin grin

Lol. What page again? grin
Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by eldoradoxx: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2022
"Nigeria has an installed power supply capacity close to 13, 000 megawatts on grid but 7, 000 megawatts available for supply, available because the generating system is available for supply.

“However, our capacity to actually boost the power on grid is about 5, 000 megawatts. “This means that two types of constraints make it impossible for us to put 7, 000 megawatts on grid, one of which is the gas supply, but mainly the transmission infrastructure.

“The transmission infrastructure makes it difficult for power to be supplied. And that’s a serious problem.

“Coming to distribution aspect, the infrastructure is dilapidated."

The above excerpt shows how foolish Nigerian leaders are.
You have capacity to generate 13000 mW but only distribute 5000mw because you lack transmission and distribution facilities. How many transmission companies operate in a large market like Nigeria. What about Distribution companies?/Why not liberalize the market by bringing in more transmission companies to bring in more transmission equipment and more distribution companies to cover wider areas by bringing in more distribution facilities such as transformers to take more electricity. Why only AEDC, Ikeja Disco, Eko disco. Enugu Disco, Jos Disco and few others when one State should be allowed allowed to have as many discos as possible all buying electricity and distributing to their customers. Lagos alone should have more than 10 discos expanding electricity infrastructure in terms of newer lines, transformers etc. So is Abuja, and virtually most states in Nigeria. The era where one company is in charge of giving electricity to 4 or 5 States is criminal and should stop. Unbundle the power sector completely by bringing in new companies that have the funds to take up generation, transmission and distribution. That's the way out of the issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by openmine(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2022
SarkinYarki:
This man's short stint as power minister was the best we have ever seen , my electricity went up to 20 hours gauranteed a day in a short while but Jonathan allowed criminals to deceive to remove the man
Barth said GEJ never removed him but he resigned!
He said GEJ wanted him to stay and continue but according to barth the power play and some interested parties who still benefit from the epileptic electricity in the power sector was the reason he quit!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji by afadi2410: 11:52am On Mar 20, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

How is he part of the problem,

Please, Expatiate more.
Thanks.

He can't cos he does not even understand what he is saying.He must have been putting on pampers when Nnaji was on board.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG / Governor Sanwo-Olu Begins Patching And Rehabilitation Of Bad Roads In Lagos / Kanu: If Taking Photo With Me Makes You ESN Deputy, Arrest South East Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.