Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. (33075 Views)

Putin Demands Return Of Alaska To Russia, Claims Sale To US Was Illegal (Photos) / Russian Soldiers Capture Ukrainian Arms Depot / Jens Stoltenberg Warns Russia That Attack On Arms Convoys Will Be An Escalation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2022
WASHINGTON — Russia has fired scores of guided missiles into Ukraine, but on Saturday it claimed for the first time that it had launched one capable of hypersonic speed in an attack on an ammunition depot in western Ukraine. The report could not be independently verified, but if true could be the first use of a hypersonic weapon in combat.

Hypersonics, generally defined as weapons capable of flying at speeds over Mach 5, or five times the speed of sound, are at the center of an arms race among the United States, Russia and China.

Yuriy Ignat, a spokesman for Ukraine’s military, confirmed Saturday that Russian forces had hit an underground warehouse in western Ukraine but said the type of missile involved “is yet to be determined.”

The United States has pursued development of this type of weapon since the early 2000s, focusing on two different variants, according to a report released Thursday by the Congressional Research Service.

The first is a “hypersonic glide vehicle” which is launched from a rocket and then separates before gliding to a target, and the second is a faster version of a cruise missile, which could be launched by submarines, ships, airplanes and ground vehicles, the report said. The Pentagon requested $3.8 billion for hypersonic research in fiscal year 2022.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/19/us/politics/russia-hypersonic-missile-attack-claim.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Aboks(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2022
With out nukes russia cant challenge nigeria

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2022
The Russians have fired a Missile the United States are still budgeting to research, The Russians are just testing their microphone on the kind of badass advanced weapons they have in stock...the other day it was a "misterious bomb" and now a hypersonic missile...

Little wonder, America the self acclaimed "World Police" cannot arrest Russia...The West are really scared of engaging Russia in a battle.

251 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Quelme: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2022
Ukraine don buy market!!!

123 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2022
And Nigerian Police are still using cellotape to hold the Yansh of their gun.

344 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Mumusaphire: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2022
God heal d world

11 Likes

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by meritadavize1(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
Putin my man... Putting it wotowoto, no wonder the great America is afraid.. �

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by nedubrazil111(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
see wetin this guys dey boast with

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by obonujoker(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
When will this war end.

Man has sinned too much against the earth, itself and God.

Make love, not war

7 Likes

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
tongue
Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by chibu4u2(m): 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
shocked
Na wah oh!
All these sanctions on russia, e no get where e touch.

Visit fair money for quick, easy and affordable loans.
https://fairmoney.app/referral?referral_code=TR43V

7 Likes

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Oddfinder: 11:14am On Mar 20, 2022
cool
Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Hndrrxxx(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Jj
Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by jeff1993: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Biko bros Putin can u help direct ur missile to Aso rock!!!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by olusam4: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Dont mind them my brother

Just buy quality sandal

Size 43

Price:15k

Negotiable

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by obonujoker(m): 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
KingOfAmebo:
The Russians have fired a Missile the United States are still budgeting to research, The Russians are just testing their microphone on the kind of badass advanced weapons they have in stock...the other day it was a "misterious bomb" and now a hypersonic missile...

Little wonder, America the self acclaimed "World Police" cannot arrest Russia...The West are really scared of engaging Russia in a battle.

That was what Japan thought then... stop pushing fir war

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Creditalerts: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
If not nuke Russia is not strong as people see just hype angry

Nigeria will defeat her

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Lexusgs430: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
The only way Russia would win this war, is to carpet Ukraine.......

1 Like

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by 07kjb: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
KingOfAmebo:

What ever Russia has today USA HAVE BUILT IT 20YEARS AGO

69 Likes

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by RedEnergy: 11:15am On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by noblle(m): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2022
modified now please don't ignore

Good Afternoon Dear NairaLander reading this post right now it is now (Tuesday 22-march). I am appealing to you With all sincerity and i am on my knees pleading, please hear my cries I am in distress right now. Things have not been easy for me and my family since i lost my job, We have been drinking garri for days now. My kids are now looking so skinny and sick and they are crying all the time, i am so frustrated right now. I beg you in the name of God please help us, no matter how little to buy food and drinking water. We have been starving and cannot afford real food for days now. I am kneeling before you pleading to your kind heart , please help us with any amount' please. 06 280 924 60 Gtb. I pray as you extend a hand to us may you never lack anything in life.

9.am now: I am still on my knees pleading, someone please help me.

13 Likes

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by InaNla(f): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2022
Terrorists!

1 Like

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Omicron007: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2022
shocked

The United States of America may be lagging behind nations like Russia and China in fielding hypersonic missiles, but that’s not necessarily the same as being behind in the hypersonic arms race.

While the idea of this modern arms race has been framed in the minds of many as a rush to develop and field hypersonic weapons, the truth is, hurrying to get them into service wouldn’t provide the U.S. with much in the way of real military capability.

Instead, America has taken a different approach to hypersonic missiles, opting to focus on fielding new and advanced capabilities rather than trying to beat the opposition to putting these weapons into service.

In other words, the hypersonic arms race we’re living amid today is more like a race to the starting line of a more important competition, and the U.S. is much more focused on winning the next sprint than this one.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by omoredia: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2022
Biden Je Je oo!
Re: Russia Claims To Use A Hypersonic Missile In Attack On Arms Depot In Ukraine. by Frank25: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2022
The kind thunder wey go fire putin still dy ijebu-ode dy fry akara

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

California Wildfire Update: 11 Dead, 35 Missing, The Worst In California History / Rashida Tlaib Member Of Secret Facebook Group Where Hamas Terrorist Glorified. / BREAKING: Uganda Supreme Court Strike Down Anti-gay Law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.