Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. (65506 Views)

Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Pictures Of Made In Aba Furniture. / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by isaiah4life(m): 7:26am On Mar 26, 2022
If you want japa now, some people go dey discouraging you and put fear your body.

Sir, I love this.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by NaijaCover(m): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2022
Money Is Really Good ooooo
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by highchief1: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Naija life for sweet pass if the necessary things are in place.
me prefer to hang my cloths under mango tree sha

3 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by DroppingLiquid: 8:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!

Do you think we as a specie are civilized enough to let something like this exist without destroying and stealing it? Seems you don't understand the primitivity of Africans. We are not at that level yet. We are still stuck in White people's 1500 when they were barbaric .

Civilization is not only by government, but by people. The mindset of the people have to be that of civilized peoples before a civilized government can form. We are barbaric animals, which is why we have barbaric animals as government. IT's not a mystery

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2022
It's called a laundrette, not laundry

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by seankafor(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
These things dey naija here naa, no be new thing

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Mamaafrik1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 30, 2022
Me i no trust my people ooo,if dey no chain the machine well,he fit loss
Naija wey people dey pieces gen wet you tie to pole.
No think am

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by NaijaCover(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Yeah.
You are right about Germany.
Same applies to almost every building in the US.
I think that of Germany is a bit closer to the people. This I saw when I visited Germany.
However, what I put up there is a PUBLIC LAUNDRY center, where people can wash heavy duty materials which may not yield to the small regular ones we have in our buildings.
I have the regular one in my apartment.
But whenever I need to wash my Rugs & giant duvet, this does it effortlessly.
Some people visit here twice 4 times a year.
While some patronize them regularly grin grin

, The Bad News Blogger On Nairaland Forum, Dey Greet You Boss.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Blaze14k: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2022
I have a washing machine in my house it's not a big deal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by 43Ronin: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
seankafor:
These things dey naija here naa, no be new thing

Be like the guy just enter yankee. Na mostly stingy & low income earners dey use laundromat wash basic things for yankee. Most people have washing machine, dryer and even dishwasher in their house. OP go still make am with time.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Okobola146: 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2022
See how oyinbo toilets dey fine and neat, person fit sidon there chop food sef
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by 4right: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Welcome to USA .
Na them ,they just come.
They must post and write on everything that amazed them.
I mean no offense,na so it Dey be when you just come.

One you av been hear for some time,nothing will amaze you any more.

Now so I Dey feel too years ago when I just get to this USA,but me no get time to they post post.

even now when this people here cross d street with only underwear in the name of summer heat,I’m not even move any more than to look away before person go think say I Dey admire her.
Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by bonnyhope: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Machine Drying, Done..
Guys tidying up (folding up) their cloths neatly.

You mean you una no de dry clothes for sun over there?

grin grin
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Acidbath: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
Op can't wash his clothes himself no more.

But he will still come here to talk about how laundry is a woman's duty in the home.

You can take someone from the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto from him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Realtalk20: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2022
SniperSmurf:
Standard laundromat. Kini big deal undecided

Look at your mouth

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by operAhdam: 8:41pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Yeah.
You are right about Germany.
Same applies to almost every building in the US.
I think that of Germany is a bit closer to the people. This I saw when I visited Germany.
However, what I put up there is a PUBLIC LAUNDRY center, where people can wash heavy duty materials which may not yield to the small regular ones we have in our buildings.
I have the regular one in my apartment.
But whenever I need to wash my Rugs & giant duvet, this does it effortlessly.
Some people visit here twice 4 times a year.
While some patronize them regularly grin grin
what's your profession ma/sir
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by 4right: 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
43Ronin:

Be like the guy just enter yankee. Na mostly stingy & low income earners dey use laundromat wash basic things for yankee. Most people have washing machine, dryer and even dishwasher in their house. OP go still make am with time.

Nope you are wrong.

They are some thick Cloth or some stuff that only industrial washer can do.
Even the richest send those things down

5 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Cutehector(m): 8:42pm On Jul 30, 2022
Mentally unstable people can come in and start shooting people.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by etrange: 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Houses don't come with washing machines over there?

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Mrkumareze(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Na Midnight we take dey wash that year for Yankee, very cheap, comfortable and easy to use..
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by eebraa(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Do this in Nigeria and people will turn it to a spot for open defecation and urination

6 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Relaxation spot, including Massage cushion,
where some side games can keep you busy while you wait for the laundry machine to do its job.
Is this NYC? Is this a shelter?
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by NwaAdazzi(m): 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
And Some Urchins want us to vote for Agbado and cassava in the 21st century grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by ASAPFERG1: 8:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Local igbo man that just arrived in the u.s grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by HeavenVGate: 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
This is how people do laundry themselves.
No one does it for u. Everything is automated.
No one enslaves anyone here.
Irrespective of your social status, you are expected to do it yourself.
Nigerian politicians can only purchase houses for their kids, but wouldn't want to live here, because the leisure of being served as Oga is not here.
When I tell people that the Real slavery is in Africa, they end up arguing with me.

So, here are pictures of how we do heavy material laundry. We do this when we have thick blankets
(duvet) & Jackets which may not yield to our regular household laundry machines.

Such can fetch so much jobs & wealth on a large scale, only if power is fixed in Nigeria.
Imagine running such on a Diesel engine!
Imagine the Noise and Air pollution too!
Guy! Come back home. Hmm i know what I'm saying. Come back to Nigeria.
Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Pray(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kga keep kwayet. Tos is available in Naija too... Nothing exceptional about this Biko.

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Gigdraft: 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are correct.
But the difference is, those who suffer abuses in the hands of the wealthy get instant justice.
This is not the case for Nigeria.
In Fact, high profile individuals are soft targets for lawsuits and this has made them conduct themselves in such a professional manner.
For example one can never compare the way he or she suffered abuses in a Nigerian work environment to that of a lawful society.
Security personnels are well respected just like the way their employers are accorded such too.
You can easily claim damages here and this has instilled discipline too.
You are digressing from the subject matter. Your main post portrayed your current residence as a space where maids, drivers, security details, and factotums are aliens. When I read your post, I felt like, "Oh yeah, another JJC thread". Everything you mentioned is in the western world as well but more prevalent in Africa. I might not be able to address the judicial aspect of your argument on the grounds of professional ethics and possible future repercussion, but I would advise you to clam down and observe. There's no perfect society.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by NwaAdazzi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2022
Cutehector:
Mentally unstable people can come in and start shooting people.

Person wey dey Nigeria dey yab person wey dey Yankee..Hei! Lmao

1 Like

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Goalgetter23(m): 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Your pictures are good and shows a modern society. What I don't get is the mention of Slave and enslave when it has to do with business. Pass your info without making your readers feel like lower humans.

I tire o. I expect OP to talk about it as a business idea for any intending entrepreneur in Nigeria, he is talking about enslavement. This person took is/her clothes to a commercial laundry, made payments before using the facilities, if it were to be in Nigeria, who will pay money and still wait to wash the clothes himself/herself. The facilities might not be available as such in Nigeria, but even our characters alone is another stumbling block to our national growth.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by Eriokanmi: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nice one, OP. This looks like the one in the West Century area in Inglewood, Ca.

In addition to what you posted, people wash their cars by themselves in America too. All you need do is drive your car to the car wash and queue. Once it gets to your turn, just drive through , your clear is as clean as the sky by the time you drive out of the place.

America is a different world.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures of PUBLIC LAUNDRY services In The U.S. by owagbeba: 8:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Loading the Jumbo machines with my heavy duty materials.
..... with the commencement of washing....

I like the way they setup pancake shop and some other hangout joint next to the laundromat. Nice to relax while you wait out the washers.

I wish we have this in Nigeria around the neighborhoods. People need facilities to make their live easier. The craze here in Lagos are supermarkets, but I wish they are more structured like malls with other facilities in them

I have a friend who wanted to setup this laundromat (smaller scale) with gas boilers and semi-automated industrial washers. He wanted to bring in these machines from
Korea. Running this setup with small generator will be difficult.

I think if these honchos in charge of Nigeria can just give a thought the misery here and use a fraction of their wealth to just fix up this place. The country go nice..

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Open And Run A School Successfully / Swiftecurrency Customer Service- Buy/Sell PM,Bitcoin,Neteller,Paypal etc / Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.