Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS (31774 Views)

Fire Guts Balogun Market, Goods Worth Millions Of Naria Destroyed / Man Cries Out As His Goods Worth Millions Floats On Water In Ariaria (video) / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Justice4Toto: 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:
HELP, NIGERIAN CUSTOMS ZONE B,KADUNA SEIZED MY GOODS UNJUSTLY, DEMANDS ELEVEN MILLION NAIRA AS DUTY.

Please, Some one should help me get justice from Nigerian Customs Fed. Ops Unit Zone B,Kaduna.

This is a new account created so as to give confidentiality.

On 11th March 2022, We bought Smoked Donkey Meat at Kebbi Livestock Market and loaded it after getting all the necessary clearance from the Ministry of Animal Health Kebbi state.

On getting to Kangiwa, we were intercepted by the men of Nigerian Customs Service, they asked us what was inside the Truck, we told them that it was smoked donkey meat, one of them said they needed to see the waybill, we showed it to them, they insisted that we go to their office, we followed them.

On getting there they arrested my Second partner and put him inside the Cell, he has some health challenges that he is managing, they left him inside there from Saturday 12th March Till today Thursday 17th March, no medication and his health is deteriorating.
They presented a document that we are supposed to Pay Eleven Million Naira (11,000,000) as Duty for the goods
They eventually invited the men of National Environmental standards and regulations Enforcement Agency to inspect the goods and which they did and Certified that the goods are fit for human consumption and hence they should be released to us

Fellow good Nigerians, as am writing this, today 20th makes it 10days since those perishable items were seized and detained in their custody, yet they refused to release them.

Am using this medium to call on the Comptroller General Customs, Col. Hamid Ali to intervene so that the damages done to those goods will be ameliorated as this is the investment of hard working Nigerians.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506010295999041539/photo/1
https://twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506008623641673728?s=20&t=BsygMZOHnPKwAnSyNsy-EA

Please MoDs assist in getting this to front page so that help will come.

Seeas the country is frustrating legit workers
Soon they will give up and start yahoo one mad fellow will now say yahoo is bad...can u see it now

The economy is very bad
It affected my gigolo gig as well

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by martinzjay(m): 7:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
I'm an Imo State based Lawyer; Martins Ibemere by name.
Just give me a call let's see how it goes.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Berankis: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
You should be going there with a lawyer not crying like a peasant. Nigerians, when you know your rights, fight for heaven's sake. Fight back, fight hard, fight rough
You will simply be ignored and frustrated. They will ignore you and your lawyer. EXPOSE THEM! GO ONLINE!! PUBLICISE THEM!!! EVERY WHERE ON THE INTERNET. THAT'S THE ONLY THING THAT WILL MAKE THEM UNCOMFORTABLE.

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by mightyhaze: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Donkey meat..?

This reminds one of Afanti the righteous..
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by 9jii(m): 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
If you could drop your contact may be some people will contact you for kind of help
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by ThePundit14(m): 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
I'd suggest you write the Nigeria Customs Service Headquarters, Abuja.(Comptroller General) Attention the Assistant Comptroller General, Tarriff and Trade Resolution Unit and Cc The PRO. Goodluck

Justman2020:
HELP, NIGERIAN CUSTOMS ZONE B,KADUNA SEIZED MY GOODS UNJUSTLY, DEMANDS ELEVEN MILLION NAIRA AS DUTY.

Please, Some one should help me get justice from Nigerian Customs Fed. Ops Unit Zone B,Kaduna.

On 11th March 2022, We bought Smoked Donkey Meat at Kebbi Livestock Market and loaded it after getting all the necessary clearance from the Ministry of Animal Health Kebbi state.

On getting to Kangiwa, we were intercepted by the men of Nigerian Customs Service, they asked us what was inside the Truck, we told them that it was smoked donkey meat, one of them said they needed to see the waybill, we showed it to them, they insisted that we go to their office, we followed them.

On getting there they arrested my Second partner and put him inside the Cell, he has some health challenges that he is managing, they left him inside there from Saturday 12th March Till today Thursday 17th March, no medication and his health is deteriorating.
They presented a document that we are supposed to Pay Eleven Million Naira (11,000,000) as Duty for the goods
They eventually invited the men of National Environmental standards and regulations Enforcement Agency to inspect the goods and which they did and Certified that the goods are fit for human consumption and hence they should be released to us

Fellow good Nigerians, as am writing this, today 20th makes it 10days since those perishable items were seized and detained in their custody, yet they refused to release them.

Am using this medium to call on the Comptroller General Customs, Col. Hamid Ali to intervene so that the damages done to those goods will be ameliorated as this is the investment of hard working Nigerians.

https://twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506008623641673728?s=20&t=BsygMZOHnPKwAnSyNsy-EA

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Sumdude: 8:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
They had ur stuff uploaded yo!

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by lilvicky68(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Exactly my thoughts on this.

You can bet it will be sold as beef. Everyone wants to build a mansion in his enclave.
Since it's healthy is there any problem if it's sold as beef?
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by OnyeObodo: 8:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
This is happening because you are an Igbo man.

Justman2020, take this story to Facebook and tag Soludo, Stella Oduah and Abaribe immediately.

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by girlygirlyMain: 8:19pm On Mar 22, 2022
Go to brekete family radio in Abuja...
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by callthefred: 8:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
The same useless customs that refused to allow us move our unprocessed rice paddy until all the pads got expired. Uselessly useless agency.

2 Likes

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Larrykaysail(m): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
gulfer:
Were the donkey meat imported or what is customs' own issue here; I wish to be educated. The meat is going from Kebbi to Onitsha
lol internal customs, mad people everywhere ,

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by youngsum(m): 8:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

English is your problem, you degenerate. Product of a failed country and a failed academical system. I said don't cry like a peasant. Giving him the courage he needs to fight not to spite him

Growing up my father was a multi millionaire. I resumed work after school hours at his company. He retired managerial level in one of Nigeria's foremost banks

For me, I manage at least three business enterprises with 30 workers with an annual turnover of ten zeros

You don't go to the public with your peasantry assumptions. You full
ok
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by DoctorOlasDesk: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2022
youngsum:
ok let me see 3k sir
0211206511 gtb help a brother

Well done.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Resurgent2016: 8:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:

This is not an individuals investment, but a group of persons who pooled money together and contracted the truck to convey the goods.
Why say if they perish, they perish, would that have been said if those are Cows loaded in the truck?

Some people are not worth your time...know this and know peace.

Just filter out the noise and pick the helpful comment.

People like that Torg77 are largely empty headed people constituting a nuisance on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by youngsum(m): 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Well done.
hmm
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by olowococoa: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
This is the implication of Government agency been run or controlled by incompetent people that still believe they can do anything they like without been quarry by anyone.
Anyway,look for a good lawyer not charge and bail lawyer to get you your goods out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Jogideen: 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Boss is like your goods is inside one trailer that is wrap in red or orange tapoly I can guess well is packed at police Barrack at Bashama by Taiwo Road Kaduna it has cause pollution to the axis please act fast before you loss your goods totally
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by youngsum(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

Well done.
ok
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
N200M?, GOOD BOUGHT FROM THE LOCAL MARKET TO BE CONSUMED BY THE LOCAL, AND LETA SOME F...LS WILL BE SATING COME AND INVEST IN NIGERIA. ANY WAY GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA. N200M NO BE TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND NA. BROTHER I WISH YOU SUCCESS I. THIS BATTLE. HAD IT BEEN YOUR NAME IS ADAMU MUSA YOU WOULDN'T HAVE FAVE THIS THING YOU ARE FACING.

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
N200M?, GOODS BOUGHT FROM THE LOCAL MARKET TO BE CONSUMED BY THE LOCALS, AND LETA SOME F...LS WILL BE SAYING COME AND INVEST IN NIGERIA. ANY WAY GOD BLESS MY COUNTRY, THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA. N200M NO BE TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA, BROTHER I WISH YOU SUCCESS IN THIS BATTLE. HAD IT BEEN YOUR NAME IS ADAMU MUSA YOU WOULDN'T HAVE FAVE THIS THING YOU ARE FACING.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by 9jii(m): 8:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:

If you can prove you bought it in Nigeria, That fraudulent 11,000,000 they were asking can even put them in trouble. They even have to pay you damages If you have a good lawyer.

Because there's no payment of custom duty on anything you are buying within Nigeria or any West African country if its originates there.

But you should know that there is a very strict prohibition on exportation of donkey skins or meat in Nigeria. They can nailed you on that if you and your lawyer can't prove the business is in whole within this country. Prove your business at your destination. Explaining well where they have arrested you.

You also have to check if there's no any laws that prohibited the business of donkey meat and consumption in this country.
But must importantly prove you are not exporting it.
I have 100s of encounters with those devil officers they actually don't know what they are there to enforce apart from extortion. No tribe forget all these tribalistic here.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by opomulero101(m): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Call these baba no:08067500340
Him fit help u run spiritual stuffs like oracle checking, solution to ur problem
Had a similar case like these before. Baba run am for me within 3days they clear my goods
Jazz dey oo my brother
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by eminikansoso(m): 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:

My boss have a similar issue before in onne port and his lawyer interven by sueing controller General of custom.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by BRATISLAVA: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
lilvicky68:

Since it's healthy is there any problem if it's sold as beef?

Nobody should be eating donkey meat that has been advertised as beef. That's criminal.

But please, who eats donkey as a matter of beef?
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by nedekid: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
You should be going there with a lawyer not crying like a peasant. Nigerians, when you know your rights, fight for heaven's sake. Fight back, fight hard, fight rough
But lots of Nigerians don't believe in spending money on lawyers or law suits . They feel they will never get justice and as it is said, "lawyer go chop your money".
Their fears are sometimes justified. One 7 years ago, when I had to make case with some foreigners, a popular lawyer who also claims to be a human rights activist, (my bloda from same part of the country) charged me ₦300k just to write a demand letter! No be to start case oh, just to write letter.
Someone then directed me to a gentleman, smart, Muslim lawyer at igbosere that handled the whole matter for years with the same ₦300k!

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by DoctorOlasDesk: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
nedekid:

But lots of Nigerians don't believe in spending money on lawyers or law suits . They feel they will never get justice and as it is said, "lawyer go chop your money".
Their fears are sometimes justified. One 7 years ago, when I had to make case with some foreigners, a popular lawyer who also claims to be a human rights activist, (my bloda from same part of the country) charged me ₦300k just to write a demand letter! No be to start case oh, just to write letter.
Someone then directed me to a gentleman, smart, Muslim lawyer at igbosere that handled the whole matter for years with the same ₦300k!

We need to start dealing with such prejudiced beliefs. Otherwise we'll keep finding ourselves in scenarios like this. I use lawyers for many of my dealings every year. Its now so regular that transacting through a lawyer is now a regular activity for me. I've never regretted it for once. The money I will pay a lawyer saves me future tears

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by dondave61(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2022
Check the name in the waybill and you will understand better.....

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by lilvicky68(m): 9:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Nobody should be eating donkey meat that has been advertised as beef. That's criminal.

But please, who eats donkey as a matter of beef?
I don't mind eating donkey's beef.. variety is the spice of life grin
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Veeryeasy(m): 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please in the name of God bring this case to twitter let the whole Nigeria drag them till their trousers would tear, the is no way someone would see such a story and not retweet until it trends... Except your hiding your source of income

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by aribisala0(m): 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
Well the story is somehow

Is this your first time doing this business?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Plan / Next Cash & Carry, Abuja On Fire (Videos, Pictures) / I Make N150,000 Monthly Selling Akara In Kaduna – Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.