Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS (31794 Views)

Fire Guts Balogun Market, Goods Worth Millions Of Naria Destroyed / Man Cries Out As His Goods Worth Millions Floats On Water In Ariaria (video) / Next Cash And Carry: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Retrieved By Abuja Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by fmonigent(m): 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
Torg77:

you your father is a peasant but you are here calling people, peasants. You just hear that word. You illiterate

You dey mind the yeye piking. As Poor as church rat
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Rosulala(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:
HELP, NIGERIAN CUSTOMS ZONE B,KADUNA SEIZED MY GOODS UNJUSTLY, DEMANDS ELEVEN MILLION NAIRA AS DUTY.

Please, Some one should help me get justice from Nigerian Customs Fed. Ops Unit Zone B,Kaduna.

This is a new account created so as to give confidentiality.

On 11th March 2022, We bought Smoked Donkey Meat at Kebbi Livestock Market and loaded it after getting all the necessary clearance from the Ministry of Animal Health Kebbi state.

On getting to Kangiwa, we were intercepted by the men of Nigerian Customs Service, they asked us what was inside the Truck, we told them that it was smoked donkey meat, one of them said they needed to see the waybill, we showed it to them, they insisted that we go to their office, we followed them.

On getting there they arrested my Second partner and put him inside the Cell, he has some health challenges that he is managing, they left him inside there from Saturday 12th March Till today Thursday 17th March, no medication and his health is deteriorating.
They presented a document that we are supposed to Pay Eleven Million Naira (11,000,000) as Duty for the goods
They eventually invited the men of National Environmental standards and regulations Enforcement Agency to inspect the goods and which they did and Certified that the goods are fit for human consumption and hence they should be released to us

Fellow good Nigerians, as am writing this, today 20th makes it 10days since those perishable items were seized and detained in their custody, yet they refused to release them.

Am using this medium to call on the Comptroller General Customs, Col. Hamid Ali to intervene so that the damages done to those goods will be ameliorated as this is the investment of hard working Nigerians.

https://mobile.twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506010295999041539/photo/1
https://twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506008623641673728?s=20&t=BsygMZOHnPKwAnSyNsy-EA

Please MoDs assist in getting this to front page so that help will come.
i have someone who can help you,but it doesn't come freely
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by fmonigent(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

English is your problem, you degenerate. Product of a failed country and a failed academical system. I said don't cry like a peasant. Giving him the courage he needs to fight not to spite him

Growing up my father was a multi millionaire. I resumed work after school hours at his company. He retired managerial level in one of Nigeria's foremost banks

For me, I manage at least three business enterprises with 30 workers with an annual turnover of ten zeros

You don't go to the public with your peasantry assumptions. You full

Before nko
Fabu
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Ibrochaka(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:
HELP, NIGERIAN CUSTOMS ZONE B,KADUNA SEIZED MY GOODS UNJUSTLY, DEMANDS ELEVEN MILLION NAIRA AS DUTY.

Please, Some one should help me get justice from Nigerian Customs Fed. Ops Unit Zone B,Kaduna.

On 11th March 2022, We bought Smoked Donkey Meat at Kebbi Livestock Market and loaded it after getting all the necessary clearance from the Ministry of Animal Health Kebbi state.

On getting to Kangiwa, we were intercepted by the men of Nigerian Customs Service, they asked us what was inside the Truck, we told them that it was smoked donkey meat, one of them said they needed to see the waybill, we showed it to them, they insisted that we go to their office, we followed them.

On getting there they arrested my Second partner and put him inside the Cell, he has some health challenges that he is managing, they left him inside there from Saturday 12th March Till today Thursday 17th March, no medication and his health is deteriorating.
They presented a document that we are supposed to Pay Eleven Million Naira (11,000,000) as Duty for the goods
They eventually invited the men of National Environmental standards and regulations Enforcement Agency to inspect the goods and which they did and Certified that the goods are fit for human consumption and hence they should be released to us

Fellow good Nigerians, as am writing this, today 20th makes it 10days since those perishable items were seized and detained in their custody, yet they refused to release them.

Am using this medium to call on the Comptroller General Customs, Col. Hamid Ali to intervene so that the damages done to those goods will be ameliorated as this is the investment of hard working Nigerians.

https://twitter.com/UbalangaK/status/1506008623641673728?s=20&t=BsygMZOHnPKwAnSyNsy-EA

if you have anybody in Abuja or you have heard about human right radio in Abuja before, please kindly visit them and I bet you, your issue will be resolved with immediate effect

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Czario: 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
[quote author=perestroika19 post=111271295]
Donkey meat , called Kundi, is actually more expensive than beef , so any supermarket mixing it with beef will be doing so at a loss. It's a special delicacy here if it's well prepared without the stones and soaked in fried pepper[/quote

We in the south don't know these things. Of course the meat is for southern markets and it's still very profitable for the vendor.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by perestroika19: 9:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
faithfull18:

Tinko is what dried donkey meat is called in the south west.
I'm Yoruba and I can tell you that we call it Kundi, don't know if they still call it tinko. Tinko that I know is dried cowskin that you soak in water before cooking it so it can swell and be soft
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by perestroika19: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
[quote author=Czario post=111274934][/quote]I'm from the south , southwest specifically and I've known this donkey meat since I was a child.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by faithfull18(f): 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
perestroika19:

I'm Yoruba and I can tell you that we call it Kundi, don't know if they still call it tinko. Tinko that I know is dried cowskin that you soak in water before cooking it so it can swell and be soft
That's dried ponmo or kanda or something like that, ask around. In Ondo and Ogun, it's called tinko.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Ikpeyi: 9:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
Download ReportGov app on Google play store. Register and report to presidency direct, they will help you.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by 10kgod(m): 9:59pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by salmonkay: 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
It's for export and duty has to be paid.than you
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Munzy14(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
gulfer:
Were the donkey meat imported or what is customs' own issue here; I wish to be educated. The meat is going from Kebbi to Onitsha
Na Igbo person goods, custom infested by Buhari's people will always show themselves..Goods produced right here in the country is being confiscated by an agency that should have focused on what is crossing our borders...

Well Since the president see Igbos as a .

What do you expect lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by salmonkay: 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2022
gulfer:
Were the donkey meat imported or what is customs' own issue here; I wish to be educated. The meat is going from Kebbi to Onitsha

It's for export ,Duty are has to be paid for expotable goods.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by BillionKnights: 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:

The legal system is grossly unused in Nigeria and extremely active. I say this as an individual that have invoked the established legal systems to fight many battles of mine. It only needs resilience, time and resources
Sorry man! I wouldn't bank on our legal system
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by DoctorOlasDesk: 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
BillionKnights:

Sorry man! I wouldn't bank on our legal system

You'll be shocked at its effectiveness
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by gulfer: 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2022
salmonkay:

It's for export ,Duty are has to be paid for expotable goods.
How did they know it's for export whilst it's still within the town..... They should've waited for the man to attempt illegal exportation and impound. The businessman can actually sue them for this and win massively if not that our judicial system is terribly skewed in favor of government and the rich elites angry angry angry angry
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Noblegraphix20(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
As afar as The Goods are pure and the money used in procuring them are also pure.
I don't know who u are but God on hos infinite mercy and divin Intervention will surely make a way for the Goods to be released.. AMEN.

and once the case is settled, make sure You go for Thanksgiving and help the needy around you..

2 Likes

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by ImOptional: 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2022
Check on ordinary president @brekete.family on Instagram
He is in Abuja
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by BRATISLAVA: 11:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
lilvicky68:

I don't mind eating donkey's beef.. variety is the spice of life grin

You will probably like vulture chicken. tongue
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by geraldo077: 11:16pm On Mar 22, 2022
Justman2020:

Get a lawyer to write the Customs HQ...Go to brekete radio Abuja and meet Ahmed Musa to amplify it. Right there, he will call Customs HQ....They will respond immediately
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by wirinet(m): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
Munzy14:

Na Igbo person goods, custom infested by Buhari's people will always show themselves..Goods produced right here in the country is being confiscated by an agency that should have focused on what is crossing our borders...

Well Since the president see Igbos as a .

What do you expect lipsrsealed

It's not every time you need to play the victim card. Trade in donkey meat is prohibited in Nigeria.

Trading, eating of donkey illegal – FG

The Federal Government has described as illegal the trading, slaughtering, and consumption of donkey.
Government, through the Controller General of Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Services (NAQS), Director General, Vincent Isegbe, stated this yesterday at a press briefing in Abuja.
Isegbe, who explained that country was running out of donkeys, wondered why people would slaughter donkeys amidst chicken, goat, and cow meat.
Donkey slaughter, donkey trade, donkey meat, donkey hide are illegal business. And that is why when we see, we confiscate or we destroy. Do not involve in anything that has to do with donkey.

“Now, we need to have an understanding of where the answers are coming from. Hitherto, they were doing an illegal business.
“We had engagements with traditional rulers to draw the attention that the business is illegal.
“Government is against it and it is against the law. The people claimed they were not aware. They signed an undertaking with the Quarantine Service not to do it again.
“We sent advertisement on radio and television concerning the illegality of donkey trade. We need to tell the people how to breed the animals, build their houses and improve their genetic potential.
“Yes, some Chinese were arrested and investigations are going on but I do not want to go into the details so that I do not impede the investigations with the police. For now, let us be contented that arrest has been made and an investigation is going on.
The value is very expensive probably that is why people are going into it depending on the size of it it will sell between N30,000 to N50,000 and it can come down as low as N5,000.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/trading-eating-of-donkey-illegal-fg/%3famp

The OP should have done his due diligence before embarking on the business on such a massive scale. If he is not careful he will not only lose his goods but also lose his freedom as he could be arrested and prosecuted.

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by mekkha19(m): 11:55pm On Mar 22, 2022
Honestly,I feel for people who come to this forum to seek advice.What you get is nasty comments from creatures that you wonder what is between their ears.Justman 2020,kindly go to Twitter or Instagram and state your case.Tag NCS,Ministry of Finance,Mike Ozekhome,Femi Falana and the likes.If your goods perish,then you sue for damages.Don’t come asking dimwits for advice.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Emperor88(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
DM....I have an uncle whom is a custom boss here in Lagos...he was transfered from Kaduna. If your story is genuine you will get your goods back.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by wirinet(m): 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2022
mekkha19:
Honestly,I feel for people who come to this forum to seek advice.What you get is nasty comments from creatures that you wonder what is between their ears.Justman 2020,kindly go to Twitter or Instagram and state your case.Tag NCS,Ministry of Finance,Mike Ozekhome,Femi Falana and the likes.If your goods perish,then you sue for damages.Don’t come asking dimwits for advice.

Read what I wrote before your comment. He engaged in an illegal business . It's like telling someone caught with 200 million naira worth of marijuana to Tag NCS, Ministry of Finance, Mike Ozekhome, Femi Falana and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Jokkarm2: 12:14am On Mar 23, 2022
Since you said the goods worth 200M, bring out 8-10m keep one side, go and look for a strong lawyer and start writing them. Don't waste time. The lawyer knows the department to write to. The have legal department too.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by FILEBE(m): 1:09am On Mar 23, 2022
Jokkarm2:
Since you said the goods worth 200M, bring out 8-10m keep one side, go and look for a strong lawyer and start writing them. Don't waste time. The lawyer knows the department to write to. The have legal department too.

8 to 10m to dash out ? Untop wetin?, that he us doing business in Nigeria?
See, we need to stop encouraging this habit . This is exactly called an Agbero way. So because I rub a business of 100million, i should be able to dash someone 1m free .

Nigerians are Nigeria's problem. Things like this needs to stop. It needs to for God's sake!!! Let us get this right for once!!!!!
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Sleekfingers: 1:55am On Mar 23, 2022
Kpengla:
Na who dey chop smoked donkey meat grin

Hope it won't be sold to some poor suckers in Lagos after being mislabelled as beef

What's the difference between cows and donkeys? Is donkey not edible? Another confused sucker spotted
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Sleekfingers: 1:58am On Mar 23, 2022
evergenuineshop:
Donkey meat?? So you people bring donkey meat for people to eat.

Do we eat donkey meat in the south?? I'm not eating any dry meat again forever.

What's wrong with donkey meat? Is it not edible?
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by OGUAF(m): 2:04am On Mar 23, 2022
Reference:
If I'm not mistaken, is donkey meat not banned....?
There was something about this last year on the airwaves for a while.
Can't exactly remember but I think it involved the Kaduna state governor/government.

But anyway, who the hell eats donkey meat.... yuck.... undecided angry

Bro donkey meat is banned oo. It's a federal government policy
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Germi9: 2:08am On Mar 23, 2022
Justman2020:

We just need the MODs to do the needful, thats what we are pleading for.
But why didn’t the OP tag dem on IG and Instagram directly
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by OGUAF(m): 2:10am On Mar 23, 2022
Ngasky:
Something is wrong here. If you are arrested at kangiwa. Then you are a smuggler. As there is no way you will buy something in kebbi and find yourself at kangiwa.
Kangiwa is a border town between Nigeria and Niger republic.
This op is a liar. And he knew exactly what happened but choose to pretend otherwise
One. There is no single market where you can buy donkey meat at that area. And if you decided to buy live donkeys and slaughter them. You will definitely be arrested as donkey meat is taboo to the locals.
Secondly, that paper is fake. No veterinarian will certify such in kebbi state.
Third, give us the name of that market where you bought 200 million naira worth of any smoked meat in the whole kebbi state. Smoking meat has never been a procedure to preserve meat in the whole kebbi. Nobody can get 1000 naira smoked meat of any animal in kebbi. Not to talk about donkey meat.
Op. Whoever you are you are a criminal. Come out and tell the real story of what happened not this super story
God bless you. Also Donkey meat has been banned by the federal government.
Re: Help! Goods Worth N200,000,000 Detained By NIGERIAN CUSTOMS by Sleekfingers: 2:14am On Mar 23, 2022
naijaking1:
Buhari fighting corruption the Nigerian style!
Customs want to be bribed, and everything other thing you are saying is irrelevant. Their oga at the top is probably waiting for his own share, so is Buhari who is going to pretend not to know what's going on.
There's no way the military officer turned n overnight custom boss doesn't know what is going on, so does Buhari who appointed him into the position to enrich himself.

Imagine how many other businesses don't want to go through this? The result is lack of opportunity for the average citizen.

So na buhari say make dem dey collect bribe abi? Even na buhari say make the police, army , immigration officers at the airport, borders, VIO etc dey collect bribe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Next Cash & Carry, Abuja On Fire (Videos, Pictures) / Filling Station Business / Yem-kem Factory Burns To Ashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.