Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector (20351 Views)

Let's Discuss How To Eradicate Bully At Work Places / How To Spot Toxic Work Places Before And During A Job Interview / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2022
Twitter is going nuts with all sort of stories regarding unfair Labour policies and the hell nigerian workers go through.

https://techcabal.com/2022/03/21/tyranny-in-the-workplace-the-chaotic-culture-of-bento-africa/

Add your stories

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 5:40am On Mar 22, 2022
Wow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Getrich47(m): 8:19am On Mar 22, 2022
Interesting

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by R2bees2: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2022
I can see all the energy is channelled towards employers... How about toxic coworkers? Those ones are energy vampires

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by LikeAking: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2022
A problem working from small companies. Those working for big multi national comps wia they earnbig no get this problem. The top is so much betta.

The problem with 9JA offices is mostly from the competitive toxic co-workers going behind to slander and betray dia colleagues in order to get a upper hand or favor. It can be anybody working in the office, gate man, security, your co workers etc.

Just know some one has gone to fall your hand behind your back, when ur boss/mgt start giving u attitude. Some times the boss become envious too. We also have bosses who are just naughty (weak men/women) they just love to dehumanize their workers. Its part of the slavery trick.

Quiting the job is the best option for me.

Nigerian bosses too like gossips.

Low lives!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by siofra(f): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2022
R2bees2:
I can see all the energy is channelled towards employers... How about toxic coworkers? Those ones are energy vampires

Why can't you stay on the topic. Attack, dissect and contribute to it.

This thread is for toxic bosses not co-workers. Create a thread for that.

Don't shift people's attention from this important issue.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by SocialJustice: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
Camoready:
Twitter is going nuts with all sort of stories regarding unfair Labour policies and the hell nigerian workers go through.

https://techcabal.com/2022/03/21/tyranny-in-the-workplace-the-chaotic-culture-of-bento-africa/

Add your stories
I went from here to twitter and spent 2 hours there. Nigeria is just a dark, evil country.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by crowther15(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2022
I have been waiting for this story on nairaland but it is shameful this is not on the front page. This is life for us and this thing happens almost everywhere in the world. the only difference is that the rate it happens differs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by R2bees2: 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
siofra:

Why can't you stay on the topic. Attack, dissect and contribute to it.

This thread is for toxic bosses not co-workers. Create a thread for that.

Don't shift people's attention from this important issue.
Check the topic and tell me how I'm straying.

7 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Camoready: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
SocialJustice:
I went from here to twitter and spent 2 hours there. Nigeria is just a dark, evil country.

It is really appalling that these things happen everyday and there’s silence because of unemployment and economic hardship.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by nedubrazil111(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
You see, an average Nigerian is lazy, they are not ready to do anything meaningful but what to get paid at the end of the month. To be good at tech you have to comit at least 6 hours of rigorous practice and reading daily. How many graduates really study that hard? Probably few.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by olola4(m): 4:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
The truth is that startups and even so called established businesses are not finding it easy this days and most of them want 100% productive/performance and efficiency from their workforce, if the employer can't get it then the employee should be expecting terror.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by BabaIbo: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
People working in some private sector in Nigeria are really trying, no lie.

That was how one company in Ajah want to use people anyhow.
The owners were outside and the frontier was a lady, she will wait for month ending to draw close, that is when she will start frustrating you just to make you leave and forfeit your salary.

My colleagues used them instead, i.e they will use the company's name, marketing allowance and official car to get contracts, they will take it to Alaba OR all these people and run it themselves with those people and pocket the money.

I was part of those that left mid-month because I had better things to do.

7 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by nedubrazil111(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Rubyjade: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
I'm not holding brief for any stupid boss, I have had my own share of horrible bosses-mind was even an uncle. So chill.

You see, an average Nigerian is lazy, they are not ready to do anything meaningful but what to get paid at the end of the month. To be good at tech you have to comit at least 6 hours of rigorous practice and reading daily. How many graduates really study that hard? Probably few.

So the moment you demand more from a worker you become toxic. You think making money in this country is easy. But you see the ones that will owe you salary? Na thunder go fire them!

One red flag I ALWAYS avoid is the Bosses that will force you to do prayer and fasting, go to his church etc. Those ones are EVIL men holding bible. I fact if I see big cross, church stickers everywhere, them give you church bulletin at interview! Just Japa!!!

Small thing they will carry religion and superstition join am

Make e be say I no warn you

9 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by bigdammyj: 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Noted
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
grin and na mostly youths be the bosses o!

Citizens of Nigeria who is our problem?

Ourselves..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Treasure17(m): 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
BeatFM? E be things.

'' You are in church while I'm here working. Let's see who God will answer his prayers first "

This one weak me.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Freshfish4: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
Libra motors - C.O.O

12 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by piliwow: 4:27pm On Mar 22, 2022
crowther15:
I have been waiting for this story on nairaland but it is shameful this is not on the front page. This is life for us and this thing happens almost everywhere in the world. the only difference is that the rate it happens differs.
It is worse in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by alphaNomega: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
A lot of these toxic bosses and co-workers are young people, imagine what they would do if they were president.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by DawnG1(m): 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Good this is brought to the limelight, change must occur.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by roheco: 4:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Add all Religious Organizations

2 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by smile11s(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
Na wa
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Millz404(m): 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tech people are naturally people that work too much and might just expect same from everybody.

People that complain about all these might be the non tech workers working in these tech companies.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by emmy512: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
I'll always call out PHED for this, my guy suffered with this people and majority of their marketers are treated like slaves and overworked , 1 person doing work of 3 different types all tedious from 7am to 5pm,.
Not like they even keep to the closing time sef. Saturdays and sundays can be included too.
Person no fit get time for himself.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Thinktwicemybro: 4:29pm On Mar 22, 2022
If it is toxic then sack yourself now. Na force to work there?

5 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Giffted(m): 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
no work for Nigeria wey no be sufferhead work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Obtaining Msc Only Increases Your Hope Of Getting A Job / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.