Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector (20347 Views)

Let's Discuss How To Eradicate Bully At Work Places / How To Spot Toxic Work Places Before And During A Job Interview / Nigerian Private Sector: 10 Things you must know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by 1opinion: 4:31pm On Mar 22, 2022
Can we deal with one first?
R2bees2:
I can see all the energy is channelled towards employers... How about toxic coworkers? Those ones are energy vampires

4 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by alcuin(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
And they didn't add banks?

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by sofeo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ok. Sorry.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by campbelljosh(m): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
If i talk wetin my eyes don see with Nigerian bosses i no go fit talk am finish. Nigerian bosses are dragging employees into depression yet complaining that employees are not giving their best.

7 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by l69l: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
Solution Own your own Business

5 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by KSTTechs: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
E don be for toxic employers. You can't eat your cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by jeff1993: 4:36pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hb
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Irupetepete: 4:37pm On Mar 22, 2022
If God gives you the grace, establish yours

5 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by shogz89: 4:39pm On Mar 22, 2022
R2bees2:
I can see all the energy is channelled towards employers... How about toxic coworkers? Those ones are energy vampires
if the head is functioning properly, the body won't be too hard to cure. A toxic employee is toxic because he/she is in an environment that fuels it.. If the management isn't toxic, toxicity from employee won't thrive.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
Millz404:
Tech people are naturally people that work too much and might just expect same from everybody.

People that complain about all these might be the non tech workers working in these tech companies.

There's a bit of truth about the 'they expect same from everyone'. But it's wrong. This things happen within tech firms too. Tech boss to developers and designers I mean.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by LaconicINC: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nairaland copy this matter from twitter, Chai nawao, wetin don de trend for Twitter since morning

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Realist12: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
When Buhari said the youths are lazy there's some truth to it , we the current youths have access to a lot of luxuries they didn't have during their days yet all we do is throw tantrums. Every trader in Nigeria has to work extra hard, coz we have a university qualifications and a job to feed thyself we think we have arrived. Most banks closes for the day by 10pm where as that's a standard organization, what do you expect from a start up . The CEO's are just a reflection of the society .

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by lexy2014: 4:41pm On Mar 22, 2022
Millz404:
Tech people are naturally people that work too much and might just expect same from everybody.

People that complain about all these might be the non tech workers working in these tech companies.

Pls go and replace them in bento. That ebun guy needs u

3 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by WoundedLamb: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
Regarding the first image, we need to see what the employee sent the guy. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by lexy2014: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
Realist12:
When Buhari said the youths are lazy there's some truth to it , we the current youths have access to a lot of luxuries they did have during their days yet all we do is throw tantrums. Every trader in Nigeria has to work extra hard coz you have a university qualifications and a job to feed thyself we think we have arrived. Most banks closes for the day by 10pm where as that's a standard organization, what do you expect from a start up . The CEO's are just a reflection of the society .

Pls what are the "a lot of luxuries" today's youths have access to now that the buhari generation didn't have in their days

2 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
This Ebun guy is such a rude, egotistical person. Jeez

8 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Amotekun777: 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
The thing is...

Nigerians, both Employees and Employers are the same thing! Lack of discipline, negative attitude etc... You'll be so surprised the employees would have done worse were they to be in the employers shoes.

Majority of Nigerians are NOT good people, trust me. angry

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by MNDY(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2022
Thank God say me no dey directly answerable to my boss. Him na my paddy sef. Na another company wey I dey work for send me come. But I know the pepper wey the Boss dey show his subordinates. When I arrived, we had to make it very clear that I am not part of them as the man bin wan come begin dey join me with dem to dey boss around.

The toxicity actually boils down to flexing of superiority muscle and sizing you up as subordinate. Had an annoying younger senior rank officer shouting at and scolding someone old enough to take him for a third junior brother before he got transferred.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
R2bees2:

I know your category already
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:
Whatever he sent does not warrant such a horrible reply. He even dragged the fellow's innocent father into it.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Esthered: 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
It's about the organization and their culture. Where I work, toxicity isn't allowed. I've heard of a senior staff (mgt grade) that was forced to resign as her junior colleague reported her for her shitty attitude as she was said to always talk down on people. She was supposed to be dismissed but they rather advised her to resign.
I've worked in a Lebanese company where the MD would call Team members derogatory names during meetings and give them the insult of their lives and it's a group of companies.
The thing is people need the job to pay bills and will rather bear than leaving.
We don't have strong institutions here to enforce the laws that prevent workplace toxicity from happening or keeps it at the barest minimum.

10 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by JoyousFurnitire(m): 4:45pm On Mar 22, 2022
Realist12:
When Buhari said the youths are lazy there's some truth to it , we the current youths have access to a lot of luxuries they didn't have during their days yet all we do is throw tantrums. Every trader in Nigeria has to work extra hard, coz we have a university qualifications and a job to feed thyself we think we have arrived. Most banks closes for the day by 10pm where as that's a standard organization, what do you expect from a start up . The CEO's are just a reflection of the society .

You didn't make any sense. Could you rephrase your words?

2 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Esthered: 4:46pm On Mar 22, 2022
alcuin:
And they didn't add banks?

Do have any experience, share it as I know that they have a strong culture that puts it in check to an extent.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by maximunimpact(m): 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2022
[s][/s]
LikeAking:
A problem working from small companies. Those working for big multi national comps wia they earnbig no get this problem. The top is so much betta.

The problem with 9JA offices is mostly from the competitive toxic co-workers going behind to slander and betray dia colleagues in order to get a upper hand or favor. It can be anybody working in the office, gate man, security, your co workers etc.

Just know some one has gone to fall your hand behind your back, when ur boss/mgt start giving u attitude. Some times the boss become envious too. We also have bosses who are just naughty (weak men/women) they just love to dehumanize their workers. Its part of the slavery trick.

Quiting the job is the best option for me.

Nigerian bosses too like gossips.

Low lives!

Why not start your big multi National company?
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by FriendsAndFans(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
I don't even know if I have a job any longer
I slept this morning and had a deep thinking about my job...

I think I'll have to quit

9 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Revolva(m): 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Yeah notin de toxic me...i care on how to do business daily
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Karlirk: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Wicked people.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by GloriousGbola: 4:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
WoundedLamb:

Could be something as simple as I will get back to you in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Angelfrost(m): 4:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
The truth is that we have very poor labor laws in this country (that's if at all they exist)!

This is why companies can afford to trample on the rights of employees without remorse.

They believe and know they will never be charged to court or held accountable.

This is why an employer can treat his employees like slaves.

7 Likes

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Karleb(m): 4:52pm On Mar 22, 2022
Realist12:
When Buhari said the youths are lazy there's some truth to it , we the current youths have access to a lot of luxuries they didn't have during their days yet all we do is throw tantrums. Every trader in Nigeria has to work extra hard, coz we have a university qualifications and a job to feed thyself we think we have arrived.

Most banks closes for the day by 10pm where as that's a standard organization, what do you expect from a start up .

The CEO's are just a reflection of the society .

Please explain the first paragraph.
Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by WoundedLamb: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ishilove:

Whatever he sent does not warrant such a horrible reply. He even dragged the fellow's innocent father into it.

Of course. I'm just curious as to what triggered the dude to that extent.

1 Like

Re: Toxic Work Places In Tech And Private Sector by Miyachi: 4:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
A lot of employees go through shit just to earn a living. I've seen how people are treated in some orgs and it scares me.
Some of these business owners are arrogant sociopaths, but then again, some employees can be lazy and take undue advantage.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obtaining Msc Only Increases Your Hope Of Getting A Job / Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Can You Accept A Job Offer For N18,000 In This Present Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.