Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? (16719 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / 7 Types Of Bosses In Nigeria's Corporate Outfits / Is This A Norm In Nigeria Among Bosses And Masters?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by mannasseh(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
my manager and co worker then were both knackiing the General boss. both of them turn madam

5 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by maximunimpact(m): 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by bhella10: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
A day for the work palaver
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by amiibaby(f): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
My boss is a terrible man... I still work there though cos I have no other alternative.. he degrades me in front of clients and rubbish my work. By the way I work in an audit firm so I am an accountant. There was a day he pushed me so hard cos to him I didn't do what he asked me to do. He threatens to slap me numerous times, there was other days he was touching me romantically and I scolded him and he threatened to sack me. There were months he withheld my salary cos he feel I can't do anything. The list is endless. Am just praying for better days ahead so help me God

15 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Olam09(m): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2022
Usair:
#HorribleBosses is currently treading on Twitter.

I woke up to a couple of horrible bosses experiences on Twitter. Some experiences are unimaginable in saner climes but as you all know in Nigeria anything goes.

My experience with working with a horrible boss is quite interesting.

1. My boss has cameras in every office in the building including lunchroom. There are audio listening devices in some offices too. undecided

2. He can fire you without a query or a termination letter. cheesy

3. All the fair skinned fine chicks in the building belongs to him, you don't want to get caught over fraternising with them. cool

4. He gets really pissed when it is time to pay salaries. One time, he tore the payroll. He says he would have shutdown the Company but because he doesn't want us to loose out jobs.

Add yours.

If you ever resigned to protect your mental health, you are not a coward. You were never a failure. You are bold to choose a better life for yourself.
Congratulations warrior, you survived �
#horriblebosses. Copied

Dem plenty..
As i dey like this i wan resign this month end i don't type my resignation letter na to send am to am remain.. e be like say e don know self because since last week e dey behave nice to me. Me wey don make my mind up.. I'll screw him big time.

3 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Offpoint1: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
grin
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Veenbanks(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
Being your own boss is the best.
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by illicit(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2022
It was an education consultancy

He doesn't pay ur wages, he sleeps with anything including ur sister or your girlfriend and underage students

He has d habit of using his staff against each other

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by optimistD(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
N300,000 payoff after 11 years of faithful service

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by pansophist(m): 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
My female boss de craze. From my normal job she slip in cleaning my office space, then later errands, then later more workload outside my duty, then later staying overtime and later work I'll do at home. I was suffocated. But God catch am one day she provoke and I quit instantly.

5 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by 3idiots: 6:07pm On Mar 22, 2022
lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by anambraamaka: 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
E too much
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
My boss is a terrible man... I still work there though cos I have no other alternative.. he degrades me in front of clients and rubbish my work. By the way I work in an audit firm so I am an accountant. There was a day he pushed me so hard cos to him I didn't do what he asked me to do. He threatens to slap me numerous times, there was other days he was touching me romantically and I scolded him and he threatened to sack me. There was months he withheld my salary cos he feel I can't do anything. The list is endless. Am just praying for better days ahead so help me God

Why did you remain in such a place? Honestly it's better siting at home.

3 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Jefferyhi86(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2022
Most bosses hate this words (where u de work na there u go chop) de feel ur stealing from them
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by amiibaby(f): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
truthsayer009:

Why did you remain in such a place? Honestly it's better siting at home.
I have bills to pay that's why if not I would quit instantly. I don't have a choice as it is now. U know the situation of the country

6 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by XtraFortunes: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nova1988:
fortunately I'm a day trader, I trade assets on the financial markets like crypto, futures, stocks, forex and indices. so I don't have a toxic/saddist boss to boss me around tell me what to do. grin
all thanks to Allah!

But what you are doing is haram angry

2 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Omobola121(f): 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2022
Few months after my service (2019), I saw an offer on nairaland job/vacancies session, It was a customer service job for a travel agency company In ibadan ( I have forgotten the name of the company sef). I applied, went for interview and luckily I was employed.

My first day at work, the Manager told me everyone is a marketer hence I should start bringing people that want to travel bla bla...But ma, the role I applied for is customer service; she said everyone is a marketer.

Everyday, we need to report to the owner of the company ( he is a Rev based in US or so) we do voice note of what we do, the people you bring in and all.

No break and we work from Monday to Saturday.

The pressure became so much that i needed to plan my exit.
Immediately I received my salary for that first month, I stopped going to work. They called me, threatened to report and arrest my guarantors, I no shake.

Thank God after that, I got a govt job with peace of mind

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by SQLmastar(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Biodundundun:
my boss that year when i was learning hair dressing chaii because i get yansh and bress she carry my eyes see shege
is your yansh and breast presseable?

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by tobidipity(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
My boss is a terrible man... I still work there though cos I have no other alternative.. he degrades me in front of clients and rubbish my work. By the way I work in an audit firm so I am an accountant. There was a day he pushed me so hard cos to him I didn't do what he asked me to do. He threatens to slap me numerous times, there was other days he was touching me romantically and I scolded him and he threatened to sack me. There was months he withheld my salary cos he feel I can't do anything. The list is endless. Am just praying for better days ahead so help me God

See I share your sentiment. I was in your shoes few months ago. I finally secured a job as a branch manager after 2 years of job hunting. I ended up with a toxic boss. A very toxic one at that. He doesn't hesitate to talk down at you at every given opportunity. I wake up early in the morning and think of my life for 30minutes before getting up to take my bath. It was that serious. It wasn't easy quitting cuz 1, I got that after been jobless for so long 2, How do I tell my mum and siblings I'm not doing again (u get?) 3, where do I start from when I quit? I resigned eventually and I kid you not it wasn't easy taking such a decision. But after quitting I made good use of the contacts I made while working there and again I was able to come up with a good business plan. Story long but in summary, you might not see other opportunities while you are still stuck there and foremost, mental health is important

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by soundOsonic: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
Nova1988:
fortunately I'm a day trader, I trade assets on the financial markets like crypto, futures, stocks, forex and indices. so I don't have a toxic/saddist boss to boss me around tell me what to do. grin
all thanks to Allah!
Sir can I inbox you, I want to make you my boss, I want to learn trading from you
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2022
pansophist:
My female boss de craze. From my normal job she slip in cleaning my office space, then later errands, then later more workload outside my duty, then later staying overtime and later work I'll do at home. I was suffocated. But God catch am one day she provoke and I quit instantly.

People usually test how far they can stretch you, then they keep streching further.

5 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2022
Omobola121:
Few months after my service (2019), I saw an offer on nairaland job/vacancies session, It was a customer service job for a travel agency company In ibadan ( I have forgotten the name of the company sef). I applied, went for interview and luckily I was employed.

My first day at work, the Manager told me everyone is a marketer hence I should start bringing people that want to travel bla bla...But ma, the role I applied for is customer service; she said everyone is a marketer.

Everyday, we need to report to the owner of the company ( he is a Rev based in US or so) we do voice note of what we do, the people you bring in and all.

No break and we work from Monday to Saturday.

The pressure became so much that i needed to plan my exit.
Immediately, I received my salary for that first month, I stopped going to work. They called me, threatened to report and arrest my guarantors, I no shake.

Thank God after that, I got a govt job with peace of mind

Reverend, Pastor, Imams or any religuous body are the worse people to work for. Like absolute worst.

9 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Csami(m): 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
The movie though. Probably one of my best comedy

3 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by tobidipity(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:

It's annoying that you still work there despite the fact that he harrases you. Better you call him out or start searching for opportunities elsewhere. If you don't mind send you CV to tobidipity@gmail.com while you use your state as subject. Might get someone to help
Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by Michelle55: 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2022
amiibaby:
So sorry sis about your horrible experience with your boss, don't worry, amazing things are coming your way soon. However, If you can't stand the sexual assault and degradation, I think it's best you quit now for your peace of mind.
Your mental health is paramount, please.

1 Like

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by joyousever(f): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
You're really trying oooo! Chai!!! All these on top of working for someone for how much?? Abeg, start looking for an alternative employment or better still start up a business even from humble beginnings. That work environment is super toxic for a lady!!
amiibaby:

2 Likes

Re: Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story? by campbelljosh(m): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
Tell us,let me cry for you this first time.
nedubrazil111:
If i tell una my story, all of una go cry on my behalf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mathematicians' & Statisticians' Colloquium / Top 8 accounting software/package / Mustafa Balarabe Shehu Elected President Of WFEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.