Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot (24516 Views)

Why Do People Beg For Money On Nairaland / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life. / Kogi People Beg Tinubu For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Or11: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2022
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

What is going on in naija abeg?

151 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by dangermouse(m): 11:12am On Mar 23, 2022
The hardship being experienced in Nigeria now is unprecedented.

On the streets of Lagos you see mama with children soliciting for arms to eat, old men , little boys and girls are not left out.

The economic hardship is real. Those with jobs can't even cope talk less of those without job.
Investigate well before lending a helping hand though cos not all of them are genuine!

218 Likes 20 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Typicool8(m): 11:15am On Mar 23, 2022
There is hardship in the land and it's not funny at all.
Just render whatever help you can and leave the rest cos you can't help everybody that comes begging.
God bless us all

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Uzomacharles: 11:16am On Mar 23, 2022
Na only you know wetin you dey post wey dey make people dey beg you....

360 Likes 33 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Bestiee01(f): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2022
Baba,abeg shine ur face for my side.i neva eat since yesterday.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by carl90(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2022
Very good and relevant question.
Admins should push this post to FP.
It's the trend now.
This online begging trend explain the proliferation of loan apps.
However,these individuals should put more effort in their hustle.
We know economy is hard now.
However,online begging is not the way to go.
If you don't have capital to start a business,work in a salaried work,save, while sourcing for capital from family and friends,or even from the genuine and professional loan apps we have on google playstore.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Uncle96(m): 11:29am On Mar 23, 2022
Or11:
I will get straight to the point. I get messages all the time from people in Nigeria asking for money and the surprising thing is it's abled bodied men who beg. Some of them act like big boys on social media but codedly begging using every excuse to ask for money.

I wonder why they can't go and work. Ok there are no jobs but what happened to being an entrepreneur. Anyone can be a real estate agent, car sales agent, shipping/clearing agent or just learn a handwork.

I don't go on Facebook anyone because as soon as I go online, the next thing is *beep beep*, a message comes in that reads "baba every red, pls send anything I go manage am", " My dstv sub don expire, na weekend, borrow me 20k, I go pay you back on Monday ", " My pikin get asthma, abeg I need money buy inhaler", "bros pls I travel go village and spend all my money, I need funds to travel back to Lagos and many more.

What is going on in naija abeg?

If they were okay or rich , they would never have to beg you for money , let that sink !

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2022
Bestiee01:
Baba,abeg shine ur face for my side.i neva eat since yesterday.
Shey him face na light? grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Sacred007: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2022
grin nah like that you take rich?

this one that the whole world is disturbing uu
sorry oo Dangote 2

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Or11: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
carl90:
Very good and relevant question.
Admins should push this post to FP.
It's the trend now.
This online begging trend explain the proliferation of loan apps.
However,these individuals should put more effort in their hustle.
We know economy is hard now.
However,online begging is not the way to go.
If you don't have capital to start a business,work in a salaried work,save, while sourcing for capital from family and friends,or even from the genuine and professional loan apps we have on google playstore.

It's annoying. Economy is hard but people are surviving. The set of people don't want to work. I sent some money and weeks later they come back so I stopped giving anyone fully. There are business that require no income, just a phone with data and I'm not talking about 419. Agents in most trades don't require startup funds yet they no see that one do, it's begging they prefer.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Medianna(f): 1:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
Which economy!!
When the economy was good how many millions were they making?

You just have an association of beggi-beggi as friends. Period.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by sukkot: 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
cheesy beggars paradise

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Egalitarian1: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Begging is lucrative to them na. So, they have thrown their dignity to the mud.

God please, always keep me in the list of givers, and never takers!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Higgies(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
You will not understand

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Iamdbull: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dbull on this one!!!

i dont know how i go take do am when i blow because people go just dey disturb me for money

1 Like

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Newton2024: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Poverty apart, most nigerians lack dignity and self-respect. We have seen a Nigerian woman in Canada begging people for money. Are there no jobs in Canada?

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by tarantino1: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
You never hear?

Online begging na our unemployment benefit for Nigeria

Be like you be ijgb

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by BabaIbo: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
A guy came to me last night, with a story that he went for interview somewhere in a state he has not been before and he was robbed of his gadgets and other belongings.

He begged me to assist with whatever I have, I was still thinking of what help to offer him until he brought out a church certificate and was waving it in my face, apparently to portray himself as a responsible and honest person.

Another came with a story of his wife about to deliver via cs blah blah blah last year, this year he came again to tell me the wife did not survive it but he needs money to balance the baby's feed money.

The thing is people are using it as scam, making it difficult to know those that genuinely need help.

I remember when I was in Lagos, something happened in Ilaje(at that junction) in Ajah, a lady accosted and offered a one young man begging people for money aka professional begger with a job of about 40k to 50k/month.

The guy declined the offer by saying "Enemy of progress, I tell you sey I dey find work? Abeg comot here."
Imagine cheesygrincheesy

It is well sha.

Just be smart and wise when rendering help to avoid ripoff from scammers.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Sapa and the daily money syndrome... It's worse in Lagos.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Lol
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by obembet(f): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ask it shall be giving
Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Freelane33(m): 1:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Damn Nigga
There is hardship in the country
Givers never lack but open you eyes
Wella while giving
Maythelordhelpus.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Fyie: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
If I ever help someone again ehe....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by ShenTeh(m): 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
The begging ehn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by Caleycashh: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Poverty too much... e don red for naija!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Going On In Nigeria? Why Do People Beg Alot by FreeStuffsNG: 1:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hmmm...the answer is obvious. It is easy money that can soon form a habit and incentive for laziness.

People who have money for phone and data and airtime will use the N100 to raise N1000 or more by begging and you ask why they beg. That is a minimum of 900% roi from begging .No business gives such roi!

One was reeking of alcohol and still had the effontery to lie to me to give him money for his sick child shocked
Even the Bible preaches against it and borrowing;

2 Thessalonians chapter 3:10 he says, uh, 'for even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: if a man will not work, he shall not eat.

It is more blessed to give than to receive” (Acts 20:35).

Prov 22:7: “The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender.”

This is why they arrest them here in Lagos and relocated to their states especially during the Fashola administration.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Ranks And Salary Structure / U.N Suspends Food Distribution As IDPs Attack Them For Giving Them Small Food / 3 Simple Steps To Stop Thinking Negative Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.