Stats: 3,148,942 members, 7,803,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. (17988 Views)

My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Yea kinda of...

They gave me a conditionn to maintain 23hrs power... Couldn't guarantee 3hrs

100Mpbs
Could not assure them to get 60Mpbs with Nigeria weird network service

Same job I'm doing here without stress undecided

Na Only God go save Nigeria

what happen to other energy sources and work place like cchub register with 8 to 7pm and use gen for the remaining hours

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by ChuzzyBlog: 1:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
It's actually very normal.

As a Nigerian, you're already losing 10-0 to life in the cyber space.

You have to be extra smart and good at what you do to make it in this space.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Cardealer2021(m): 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
I'm not needed here embarassed
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by BJanta: 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
sukkot:
what is a copywriter

These who create adverts and promos.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by miqos02(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
hakeemhakeem:

what happen to other energy sources and work place like cchub register with 8 to 7pm and use gen for the remaining hours
do they provide 23hrs power ? They will close of course
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by emmy512: 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
Yup, power, time, NDA and internet speed were there main concerns wich i guaranteed but still didnt get it. for NDA they said they cant act on it if i default due to my nationality and complexity involved.
Lucky to get 2 from uk and 1 from finland handling their CRM software and web management respectively.
As a nigerian also target smaller eu nations and those with little time zone difference

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by henryobinna(m): 1:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
Multiple times. From SEO job to article writing.

It's crazy!

Many usually don't just outrightly reject, they'll just ignore conversation and ghost you.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Romanus123: 1:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
This mostly happened in Arab countries. Here in Dubai Nigerians hardly find good job due to employers rejection for no reason
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by lexy2014: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
TalatuEz:
Why cant you work for yourself like smart people do

Pls how do you work for yourself & how's it different from the issue raised in d thread?

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 1:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
I lost out on a $1200 per week job few months ago because i mentioned the word, Nigeria. I was supposed to earn roughly $5,000 monthly and the project was to continue for a year plus. I eminently qualified for it cause I met all the requirements they sought for.

It happens we move. I ended up getting a replacement with the same figure sha. Today I work with three major firms, One an Asian firm and two American firms. With the quality of projects I've pushed over the past year with them, they will never hire a non-Nigerian again. I made sure i over-deliver with every project to reinforce this narrative

58 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by BJanta: 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
TalatuEz:
Why cant you work for yourself like smart people do

If you work for yourself, will you give yourself job to do? Is it people that will patronise you. This is not karakata business o, they are talking about online jobs.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by uuzba(m): 1:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
BOOKWORMLUX:
Hypocrisy is when you hail Yahoo boys and expect a foreign firm to hire you to work for them
Do you know if the owner of the company you want to work for has been scammed by the Yahoo boys tarnishing the image this country has?
Or even their relatives....
If I be oyibo , the golden advice for my children go be "If you hear NIGERIA, run for your life
So that means no more visa and embassy in Nigeria na. All of them should kukuma pack and run for their lives.
And all of us should just remain here. No more travelling anywhere.
-
Unfortunately, despite the destruction the (bastard) yahoo boys are doing to the nation's reputation,
foreign nations have to still break their head to take terrible risk to still do business with "good & trustworthy" Nigerians, here or overseas.
It's just a bitter pill for them to keep swallowing.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Rubyjade: 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Yea kinda of...

They gave me a conditionn to maintain 23hrs power... Couldn't guarantee 3hrs

100Mpbs
Could not assure them to get 60Mpbs with Nigeria weird network service

Same job I'm doing here without stress undecided

Na Only God go save Nigeria
We HE come from heaven to save the country for you, dust your PVC, it time to make the difference

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Generalkorex(m): 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
Times without number
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by pocohantas(f): 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
STEADY.

I don’t overthink it. Many are concerned with our power issues. They know these things.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by ednut1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
Internet speed and electricity is an issue for them.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by emmy512: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
dauntless15:
Me no even see remote jobs talk more of rejection.
what you seek you shall find

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2022
Wisdomclass1:
Build your website with us for 30K

Exactly what does one get for 30K? Will there be annual renewals etc?

Thank you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by babyfaceafrica: 1:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
miqos02:
do they provide 23hrs power ? They will close of course
You should have taken the job and find places. Bet9ja shops must always have light. Fast foods and some hotels always have light. There is a hotel I Know that's is always on light. What you do is buy something. Go to the Vip lounge and buy water 500...you dey there till night. If you drink, buy beer. I Know people that do it daily !!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by SmartyPants(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Agbebakun22:
A friend of mine lost an opportunity to work for jp morgan as copywriter. According to email he received he's fit for the position but can't be considered due to his nationality. #lala pls push to front page for wider audience. Pls share your experience.

JP Morgan will never write you an email and tell you that they rejected you because you are Nigerian. Never!

At best they might say they are recruiting only US-based writers.

I have clients literally on every single continent and never once has my nationality been an issue. Because my work speaks for itself.

I have been doing this for almost 10 years btw.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by babyfaceafrica: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
ednut1:
Internet speed and electricity is an issue for them.
You can always work around this if you have money. For speed, get cobra net or spectra net... Electricity buy solar. If the pay is good, you work around it

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
Yeah. back in 2015 or thereabout, it's stupid how most foreigners think that all Nigerians are into frauds, just because of some unscrupulous elements tarnishing the image of Nigeria globally.

that was how I lost almost $7k on a web designing job, I felt really bad though but that didn't deter me from chasing my dreams.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Sleekfingers: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
sukkot:
what is a copywriter

Are you not using an internet enable phone? Check on line na....eg quora, google, youtube etc
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
Wisdomclass1:

You can renew after one year if you like

If I don't renew, does it mean the website's gone forever?

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
Akinsete19:
Yes, I remembered working for a popular Canadian website community with over 200,000 members as an SEO expert. I worked 2 to 3 hrs per day from Monday to Friday, and I was paid $200 per week back then. The CEO complained that he can't pay a Nigerian that much because the minimum wage in Nigeria was barely $70. He later terminates the job after 2 weeks because he feels I am earning too much as a Nigerian.

U dont say!
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by emmy512: 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
henryobinna:
Multiple times. From SEO job to article writing.

It's crazy!

Many usually don't just outrightly reject, they'll just ignore conversation and ghost you.
öne told me she would get back to me after her vacation, but her colleague posted a photo of them at work same morning.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by pocohantas(f): 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
You can always work around this if you have money. For speed, get cobra net or spectra net... Electricity buy solar. If the pay is good, you work around it

This is when the person has earned some money from it naw. A new freelancer might not have these resources. I like that hotel idea you dropped. Very nice one.

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Sleekfingers: 1:41pm On Mar 23, 2022
Freelane33:
Dammit
J.P. Morgan
Chase ?
They can’t trust him
Because they believe
Blacks are bad but they
Are baddest
Forget about the nationality shit
Blacks are not always lucky when
It’s about working with the white
Maythelordhelpus

Lame excuses......
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Lymetsaucer(f): 1:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
TempUser:
Where una dey get the remote jobs abeg?
LinkedIn I guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coscharis Group Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) / Job Vacancies In Abia State Traffic Management Agency