Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. (17985 Views)

My Take On The Applicant That Was Rejected For Being Short / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Caleycashh: 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Yea kinda of...

They gave me a conditionn to maintain 23hrs power... Couldn't guarantee 3hrs

100Mpbs
Could not assure them to get 60Mpbs with Nigeria weird network service

Same job I'm doing here without stress undecided

Na Only God go save Nigeria
God can't save Nigeria, Nigerians have to save themselves... we all know our problems

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by 2buffagain(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
When you keep voting for selfish undead village men, how will your country get any global respect?

If I tell you the beginning of your solution start from voting for Sowore, you will still go and choose APCPDP.
Admit it, you love the suffering and the backward state of things.
It gives you something to complain about.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
Only 2 things can diqualify you:

If you ve not worked for a multinational before

If your time zone difference is more than 3 hours.

BTW these guys are racists. angry
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
2buffagain:
When you keep voting for selfish undead village men, how will your country get any global respect?

If I tell you the beginning of your issues start from voting for Sowore, you will still go and choose no APCPDP.
Admit it, you love the suffering and the backward state of things.
It gives you something to complain about.

Lol. My tummy o
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Goalnaldo(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
pocohantas:

So many are not computer programming related. I got a client that needed me only for email communication. All I did was respond to emails of aggrieved customers @8/hr for 40hrs/week. On the very first day of work, they were so condescending and insulting, I wondered if it was because I am a Nigerian abi that is their nature. I almost developed hypertension in those few hours, so I told them to end the contract and they did the next second.
how is the pay like and is their still vacancy?
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Birkin: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
pocohantas:

So many are not computer programming related. I got a client that needed me only for email communication. All I did was respond to emails of aggrieved customers @8/hr for 40hrs/week. On the very first day of work, they were so condescending and insulting, I wondered if it was because I am a Nigerian abi that is their nature. I almost developed hypertension in those few hours, so I told them to end the contract and they did the next second.
Hi Poco, can I send you a Dm? Would love to connect with you
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Johndavid10th: 2:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
A lot more time than I can remember because of power inconsistencies.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by pocohantas(f): 2:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Goalnaldo:
how is the pay like and is their still vacancy?

Lol. I already stated the pay was $8/hr after Upwork 20% deduction. Which should give N179,000 a week as at when it happened. I don’t know if the position is still open, I never checked back. smiley

Birkin:
Hi Poco, can I send you a Dm? Would love to connect with you

Hello,

Connect with me for what, please?
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2022
YES, or so I think.

After answering the followup questions containing disclosure of nationality et al, I got no feedback.

Followed up and found out they eventually hired a South African.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by frazee: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Jaqenhghar:

They actually said that? Like used those words
I think region was the exact word use...
While others after filling the application form. They just ghost you
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
magni101:

Wow! Now I'm curios.

I think I'll need some really good tips from you.

Just be good at what you do. The world has the cyberspace as it's mirrored existence. There's definitely something for everyone. Start small, be consistent, scale-up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Goalnaldo(m): 2:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
pocohantas:

Lol. I already stated the pay was $8/hr after Upwork 20% deduction. Which should give N179,000 a week as at when it happened. I don’t know if the position is still open, I never checked back
ok. In your initial write up which I quoted, you didn't put the dollar sign smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by pocohantas(f): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
Goalnaldo:
ok. In your initial write up which I quoted, you didn't put the dollar sign smiley

Apologies for that. I’ll modify.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Ombudsman1: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
BE DAMN GOOD, AND ALL THESE SCANTY EXCUSES WONT BE A PROBLEM. A LAZY MAN FIGHTS WITH HIS TOOLS
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by yungz: 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Nahunger(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
Agbebakun22:
A friend of mine lost an opportunity to work for jp morgan as copywriter. According to email he received he's fit for the position but can't be considered due to his nationality. #lala pls push to front page for wider audience. Pls share your experience.

Yes
Never tried to secure another since then.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ombudsman1:
BE DAMN GOOD, AND ALL THESE SCANTY EXCUSES WONT BE A PROBLEM. A LAZY MAN FIGHTS WITH HIS TOOLS

That's the secret. Currently, my employers" Americans " will never hire a non-Nigerian easily. I made sure of this. I worked on my deliverables in such a way now that the platforms i get projects now automatically direct projects to me without me even seeking for jobs. I managed to climb to the top ranking in my service filed( As a Nigerian ), and on the global scale, i rank extremely high

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by hostkobo(m): 3:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
nedubrazil111:
Been black and Nigerian at the same time is like mixing mentos and a bottle of Coca-Cola. If you know you know.

Gbagaun
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by stankelz: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2022
If I may ask, what’s your Job?
DoctorOlasDesk:
I lost out on a $1200 per week job few months ago because i mentioned the word, Nigeria. I was supposed to earn roughly $5,000 monthly and the project was to continue for a year plus. I eminently qualified for it cause I met all the requirements they sought for.

It happens we move. I ended up getting a replacement with the same figure sha. Today I work with three major firms, One an Asian firm and two American firms. With the quality of projects I've pushed over the past year with them, they will never hire a non-Nigerian again. I made sure i over-deliver with every project to reinforce this narrative
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by XRJP: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Agbebakun22:
A friend of mine lost an opportunity to work for jp morgan as copywriter. According to email he received he's fit for the position but can't be considered due to his nationality. #lala pls push to front page for wider audience. Pls share your experience.

Multiple sef

There's no telling how much opportunity you'd miss just cos you're Nigerian especially if you're in the tech space
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by directoroluwole: 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
fitinwell:

Those Nigerians doing remote jobs here in Nigeria... Share pls how una do am?

Upwork.com
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Laturuturu: 3:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Omo I lost my remote since
Can Samsung remote work for LG
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
emkad:
Yup, they do sometimes due to time zone.
3hrs or more difference in time zone
Which time zone? Lol. Copyright... time zone? Dey deceive yourself. Dem no want us cos many of una are criminals. Face the truth.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by BennyDGreat: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Akinsete19:
Yes, I remembered working for a popular Canadian website community with over 200,000 members as an SEO expert. I worked 2 to 3 hrs per day from Monday to Friday, and I was paid $200 per week back then. The CEO complained that he can't pay a Nigerian that much because the minimum wage in Nigeria was barely $70. He later terminates the job after 2 weeks because he feels I am earning too much as a Nigerian.

The guy Na confam racist

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
Akinsete19:
Yes, I remembered working for a popular Canadian website community with over 200,000 members as an SEO expert. I worked 2 to 3 hrs per day from Monday to Friday, and I was paid $200 per week back then. The CEO complained that he can't pay a Nigerian that much because the minimum wage in Nigeria was barely $70. He later terminates the job after 2 weeks because he feels I am earning too much as a Nigerian.

Hahahaha. This is how they behave o. The moment they see your earnings and how it's rising as a Nigerian, they force a condition where one gets sacked. It's always this way, always
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by Dollywood(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
pocohantas:

So many are not computer programming related. I got a client that needed me only for email communication. All I did was respond to emails of aggrieved customers @ $8/hr for 40hrs/week. On the very first day of work, they were so condescending and insulting, I wondered if it was because I am a Nigerian abi that is their nature. I almost developed hypertension in those few hours, so I told them to end the contract and they did the next second.

If you could be kind enough to refer me to the client. I have a good experience in that field.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by greatnationmedi(m): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
That reminds me of one registration I was filling sometimes ago, When it was about to choose nationality, Nigeria was omitted, After Niger, Next one is Niue, that was when I know, there is a country called Niue...Hmmmmm!!! It is well in this country oo....meanwhile you can check my signature for your 2d/3d animation, motion grahics, musical/film and documentary video editing and drone service.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by pocohantas(f): 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Dollywood:

If you could be kind enough to refer me to the client. I have a good experience in that field.

I can’t refer you to the client, but email communication jobs come up every time. You can always apply for them and attach samples and certifications (if any).
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by XRJP: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
DoctorOlasDesk:
I lost out on a $1200 per week job few months ago because i mentioned the word, Nigeria. I was supposed to earn roughly $5,000 monthly and the project was to continue for a year plus. I eminently qualified for it cause I met all the requirements they sought for.

It happens we move. I ended up getting a replacement with the same figure sha. Today I work with three major firms, One an Asian firm and two American firms. With the quality of projects I've pushed over the past year with them, they will never hire a non-Nigerian again. I made sure i over-deliver with every project to reinforce this narrative

Thanks brother
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by BigDawsNet: 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
Caleycashh:
God can't save Nigeria, Nigerians have to save themselves... we all know our problems

We can't save ourselves if we continue to fold our hands while the government self-service on the future of Nigerian citizens
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by BigDawsNet: 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
Rubyjade:
We HE come from heaven to save the country for you, dust your PVC, it time to make the difference

It's too late for that bro

I'm out of the country alrdy

But I will remember to tell my people to pls get
their PVC immediately
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. by DoctorOlasDesk: 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:

We can't save ourselves if we continue to fold our hands while the government self-service on the future of Nigerian citizens

True. If not for remote jobs, the whole country would have been up in flames from the hardship bestowed on the citizenry by the ineffective government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coscharis Group Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions) / As A Graduate What Position Can I Apply For INEC / Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.