Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down (17891 Views)

Bala Mohammed To Refund Monies For Nomination Forms To PDP Aspirants Who Lost / Court Orders APC To Open Case Against Obaseki In Forgery Suit / Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by abc115: 6:48am On Mar 24, 2022
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has asked the All Progressives Congress to refund the monies used in purchasing forms to aspirants who step down and embrace consensus ahead of the Saturday convention.

Buhari said this during a meeting with APC governors in Abuja on Wednesday, adding that the governors should ensure that all persons seeking office into the National Working Committee emerge through consensus.

The President subsequently gave the governors 24 hours to draw up a list of the candidates for all positions ahead of the convention.

He stated, “I have already given my own input and other recommendations on the way forward in both my February 25, 2022 meeting with the Chairman of the Caretaker Extraordinary Convention Committee and my March 13, 2022 letter to the chairman of the APC Governors Forum.

“Your Excellencies. With the convention only two days away I implore you to come together and sort out all the remaining party positions so that within the next 24 hours we can arrive at a unity list which we can take to the convention.

“Finally all those who have bought forms indicating interest and have been dropped should have their money refunded without delay.”

Buhari specifically told the governors to put the interest of the party ahead of theirs as it would be disastrous for the Peoples Democratic Party to return to power in 2023.

https://punchng.com/convention-buhari-orders-apc-to-refund-monies-to-candidates-who-step-down/

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Sirheny007(m): 6:50am On Mar 24, 2022
If Tinubu can decode....
Better step down now to avoid humiliation.

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by ignis: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2022
Can you imagine ? Buhari and Democracy are like fish and land.

Buhari is God's punishment to Nigeria.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by FalseProphet1(m): 6:51am On Mar 24, 2022
APC doesn't joke with money because each and every single one of them is guilty of chronic corruption.

Therefore I see them ignoring Buhari, I see the candidates running to court to get a refund, I see the court frustrating them, I see them forgetting about the money.

This I have seen.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 24, 2022
Chop I chop party

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
This space is for sale any interested aspirant
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by newhyt: 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Something doesn't sound right about this Buhari's order.

In most countries that run democracy, like the U.S. that we copy from, the party chairman is the cheif negotiator of any coalition agreement. We have almost forgotten that the 2015 aggrieved APGA faction and the New PDP are part and parcel of the present day APC.

To avoid bad blood within the party, since the ACN and CPC blocs are evenly domineering, I think whatever consensus decision the party is making ought to be mutually agreed upon.

In the absence of a sitting chairman, the negotiation should be the job of internal working committee and BoT in lieu of executive order.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Viraltrends123: 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Love this man

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Utanisco(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
Lol
Party of crooks
Thieves
Numbskul
Nitwit
Dunderheads
Vanty
Pilferers
Gogery and kleptomaniacs

God tarnish you all
In Jesus name

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by bestman09(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
grin
Buhari orders..

Dictator Idi Amin?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Unruly7(m): 6:52am On Mar 24, 2022
They should refund me biko
I just stepped down

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by lexy2014: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2022
abc115:

https://punchng.com/convention-buhari-orders-apc-to-refund-monies-to-candidates-who-step-down/

He is better at party politics than governance. Unfortunately, his gesture to chairmanship aspirants has no effect on the fortunes of Nigerians who he swore to serve

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Thorondor: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2022
Never interfere with an enemy when he’s about to destroy himself. ‘Napoleon

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by puyol005(m): 6:53am On Mar 24, 2022
To whom are we sending our account details to?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Nonybb: 6:53am On Mar 24, 2022
Look at this Fulani man. "It woud be disastrous for PDP to return to power in 2023" As if it is wasn't more disastrous enough that you took power from them 8 years ago and made it worse

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by athaboi(f): 6:54am On Mar 24, 2022
Nonsense and APC lack of democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
At least their Investments are secured.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Bobloco: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
"Buhari specifically told the governors to put the interest of the party ahead of theirs as it would be disastrous for the Peoples Democratic Party to return to power in 2023"

APC as a party already has a disastrous outing

The evidence are so glaring.

They should start packing thier bags because Atiku is coming

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Easylifelomo(m): 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
We are waiting for your convention
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Pele10: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
it is obvious Party issues is more important to M_Buhari than national emergency issues facing the nation.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Whothecapfits: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
Before nko? APC is not doing them any favour afterall.
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Parachoko: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....
Don't you guys get tired of this Tinubu talk everyday? No matter what happen in APC, una go start crying about how Tinubu should step down. undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Mccullum: 6:55am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....

Continue to torment your self.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Blackfire(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2022
That is our president

We the youths are solidly behind our dear president

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by heykims(m): 6:56am On Mar 24, 2022
The type of democracy e practise eh. The governors take over the past structures in state, and the President gives orders at the national level. Excos are just puppets in the hands of political office holders especially governors and the President.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Whothecapfits: 6:57am On Mar 24, 2022
Sirheny007:
If Tinubu can decode....

It is only natural to balance the power sharing equation; if Asiwaju is going to grab the party flag which is the obvious, taking his candidate for the chairmanship will amount to having too much power to only him.

One thing is sure, APC has no other aspirant for the presidency other than BAT. You can gladly smile to the bank with that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Iamspecialamadi: 6:58am On Mar 24, 2022
Parachoko:
Don't you guys get tired of this Tinubu talk everyday? No matter what happen in APC, una go start crying about how Tinubu should step down. undecided

We want a better person to govern this nation
Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by jojo1415: 6:58am On Mar 24, 2022
Tinubu get ready to get ur refund b4 Sunday morning grin

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Laggafin: 7:01am On Mar 24, 2022
Adamu all the way.. he said it he has never lost any contest.. ah tot the APC Govs and the bullion van bandit will prove him wrong grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down by Parachoko: 7:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Iamspecialamadi:

We want a better person to govern this nation
So who is the better person you have in mind?

Will wailing about Tinubu stop him from contesting or wining?

If you don't like him, vote against him in the election next year and stop been a nuisance on every thread.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-rufai: Igbos Own 73% Of Abuja Land / Remembering James Ocholi: One Year After His Death (Photos) / Google Remembers Funmilayo Ransome-kuti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.