Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:59 AM

Male Contraceptive Nears Completion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Male Contraceptive Nears Completion (400 Views)

First Male Contraceptive Ready Soon / Researchers Identify ‘male Contraceptive Pill’ That Stops Sperm / Lady In Shock After Knowing That Postinor 2 (contraceptive) Could Do This To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Aflix(m): 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
Male Contraceptive Pill Found 99% Effective

A team of scientists said Wednesday they had developed a male oral contraceptive that was 99 percent effective in mice and didn't cause observable side effects, with the drug expected to enter human trials by the end of this year.
The findings will be presented at the American Chemical Society's spring meeting, and mark a key step towards expanding birth control options -- as well as responsibilities -- for men.

Ever since the female birth control pill was first approved in the 1960s, researchers have been interested in a male equivalent, Md Abdullah Al Noman, a graduate student at the University of Minnesota who will present the work, told AFP.

"Multiple studies showed that men are interested in sharing the responsibility of birth control with their partners," he said -- but until now, there have been only two effective options available: condoms or vasectomies.

Vasectomy reversal surgery is expensive and not always successful.

The female pill uses hormones to disrupt the menstrual cycle, and historic efforts to develop a male equivalent targeted the male sex hormone testosterone.

The problem with this approach, however, was that it caused side effects such as weight gain, depression and increased levels of cholesterol known as low-density lipoprotein, which increases heart disease risks.

The female pill also carries side effects, including blood-clotting risks -- but since women face becoming pregnant in the absence of contraception, the risk calculation differs.
https://guardian.ng/features/male-contraceptive-pill-found-99-effective-in-mice/

Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Aflix(m): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2022
Lalasticlala, Seun Fp
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
They will strongly refuse to use it
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Aflix(m): 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
Guys, what’s your view on this? Are you willing to take this if made available?
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Aboks(m): 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Use at your own peril
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Choilila: 3:47pm On Mar 24, 2022
new way to destroy the society with premarital sex.

1 Like

Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Tmberwolf1: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
Aflix:
Guys, what’s your view on this? Are you willing to take this if made available?
I'd be willing to, if there weren't any serious side effects. The female equivalent of this (postinor) has some major side effects, that's why I don't recommend it's use... Frankly, a good condom is the best, because not only do you prevent pregnancy, you also prevent STD infections.
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Tmberwolf1: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
Choilila:
new way to destroy the society with premarital sex.
Abeg cut all that holier than thou crap! Shey na today people don dey f*ck?? In fact recent studies showed people are having less sex than in the past.
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Choilila: 4:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Tmberwolf1:

Abeg cut all that holier than thou crap! Shey na today people don dey f*ck?? In fact recent studies showed people are having less sex than in the past.

did I press ur penis?

1 Like

Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Tmberwolf1: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
Choilila:

did I press ur penis?
Go and sleep
Re: Male Contraceptive Nears Completion by Justice4Toto: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2022
House help in danger......Daddy will now be fucking them like mad

No more baby mama syndrome ...

(1) (Reply)

Today Is My Birthday And I'm Sad / Who Could Be Responsible For The Pregnancy / Women Are Like Footballers, Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.