Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,528 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja (6080 Views)

Pic: Yorubas Meet In Sweden To Deliberate The Break Away Of Odua States From Nig / Results From Abuja - Vanguard / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by hakanai(m): 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2011
ZnO:

How can there not be Igbo beggars?
It is a matter of numbers
10 Igbo:1000 Yoruba:10000 hausa fulani. That will be the ratio of beggars from the 3 major groups in any Nigerian city

I don't know the ratio nor figures sha!I hope yours is based on facts and not sentiments or false assumptions.

EzeUche:

I have never seen Igbo beggars. Hawkers. . . Yes but never begging.

Igbo man has no time to beg. There is no money to be made, because the Hausa already control that "market." grin

Used to be so.Not any more! I started seeing Igbo beggars in Abakalili road after Nkalagu.After which they became more obvious around Ogbete market and Polo park Enugu.Then we would just say,That is an indicator things have become worst in Nigeria.Thats around 1999 to 2006 while i was there.Then while around ceddi recently a beggar came up to me asking for money to buy drugs.He was obviously Igbo.In wuse market and Banex i saw some ladies singing with some other person guiding them.They come to Igbo shops specifically and sing until they give them money and they hip praises and prayers.Then move to the next shop.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by ochibs1010(m): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
igbo boy:

@OP grow up of all the states mentioned is only igbo indiigenes you see okwa ya?
Benue has tiv and idoma
Kaduna have hausas, fulani and co
Kwara has yoruba
Kogi west has yoruba, Kogi east have Ebira , kogi south igala
and so on and so forth

But of cos since u have a hidden agenda it is only igbo that you see

E bu ezigbo onye ara, nkita

Have a nice day!!

the article did not mention benue state so y did u mention that.
secondly, why are you surprised at the mention of ibo beggers, abi u no dey 9ja again grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by sley4life(m): 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2011
Ya. Many of the beggars are boko in making
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Jul 04, 2011
Most beggars in Nigeria are muslims. Northerners(Hausa, Fulani etc) come first followed by Yorubas. And Yorubas that are beggars are mostly muslims. I noticed that most evil things that are being said about Yorubas are usually perpetuated by their muslims not Christians.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by biilwwu(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2011
haka_nai:

I don't know the ratio nor figures sha!I hope yours is based on facts and not sentiments or false assumptions.

Used to be so.Not any more! I started seeing Igbo beggars in Abakalili road after Nkalagu.After which they became more obvious around Ogbete market and Polo park Enugu.Then we would just say,That is an indicator things have become worst in Nigeria.Thats around 1999 to 2006 while i was there.Then while around ceddi recently a beggar came up to me asking for money to buy drugs.He was obviously Igbo.In wuse market and Banex i saw some ladies singing with some other person guiding them.They come to Igbo shops specifically and sing until they give them money and they hip praises and prayers.Then move to the next shop.

I like the way you gave facts to support your post.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by cap28: 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2011
this is typical of the disgusting and brutal way that the nigerian govt treats the poor, instead of finding jobs for these people these animals think the best way of dealing with them is to callously repartriate them back to their states of origin, how heartless.

did it not occur to the i.diot who came up with this idea that these people are begging because there is no other way for them to make a living - hope boko haram continues to run rings around them.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
States should deport them back
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by amumex: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2011
Do u mean deport beggars from Abuja to their various state? Is that the solution watch in a forth night thses deported beggars will now regroup and invade Abuja again through night LORRY, hahahaha
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by ow11(m): 5:54pm On Jul 04, 2011
RUBBISH!

Why shouldn't they be in Abuja. Isn't it where all the money meant for development of their villages are spent recklessly?

All beggars should be in Abuja and no where else. Enough of this pretending to live in a 1st world city in a 3rd/4th world country. Instead of forcefully moving beggars away, the eediots should STOP stealing and fix the country and beggars will naturally gravitate to their homes with an opportunity to find a job that can provide food for them and their families.

GEJ! Fix the electricity problems, expand the railways, reduce recurrent expenditure, curb the excesses of security agents and uphold human rights! Beggars will be far away from you in Abuja and Otuoke!

1 Like

Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Bensonite: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2011
ow11:

RUBBISH!

Why shouldn't they be in Abuja. Isn't it where all the money meant for development of their villages are spent recklessly?

All beggars should be in Abuja and no where else. Enough of this pretending to live in a 1st world city in a 3rd/4th world country. Instead of forcefully moving beggars away, the eediots should STOP stealing and fix the country and beggars will naturally gravitate to their homes with an opportunity to find a job that can provide food for them and their families.

GEJ! Fix the electricity problems, expand the railways, reduce recurrent expenditure, curb the excesses of security agents and uphold human rights! Beggars will be far away from you in Abuja and Otuoke!
Good talk
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by 1luvkipsus: 7:38pm On Jul 04, 2011
This happened when there was no substantive FCT Minister. I hope Bala Mohammed who had been FCT Minister, under whose nose and eyes these beggars and lunatics invaded the city, and who has just been returned to the FCT as Minister, will not go back to his states and bring back these people. Its really amazing how all the Ministers after el-Rufai could not come any close to him in terms of achievement. One wonders why GEJ still returned Bala Mohammed as FCT Minister.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by cvibe: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
Things fall apart when the centre cannot hold.

The actions of those arresting the beggars are unconstitutional.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by ojdollars(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2011
The Nigerian Government "Goodluck Jonathan & Co" Should have empower this 100+ Beggars they evicted by Force with at least N50,000  Naira each minimum to start up a business when they get to their respective States.

Note: If those beggars had an apportunity like Pres.Goodluck Jonah or Bankole, They won't be there begging at all. Politicians do not have Sympathy, is not a crime to beg from your fellow brothers, begging can be done anywhere. Even everyone here require help in one way or the other. Let the President have a re-think.

He knows what it means to be poor, poverty is not a good thing. Have a nice day peeps.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by MaiSuya(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2011
deportation in ones own fatherland. na wa o!
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Wumine(f): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
Guess Kano is filled up now! The prodigal sons have been forced back home, yippeee!!!! Though only temporarily sad
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by member479760: 10:38pm On Jul 04, 2011
CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT! NEGGARS ARE BEING DEPORTED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. BLACKMAN SUCKS.

THOSE BEGGARS IN D.C, USA, ARE EVEN CLOSE TO THE WHITE HOUSE, NO ONE DEPORT THEM, THEY PROVIDE THEM WITH FREE HOT FOOD 3 MEALS PER DAY.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
afam4eva:

Most beggars in Nigeria are muslims. Northerners(Hausa, Fulani etc) come first followed by Yorubas. And Yorubas that are beggars are mostly muslims. I noticed that most evil things that are being said about Yorubas are usually perpetuated by their muslims not Christians.
did you see the state of origin of the deported beggars before running your mouth ? they are all from ibo and hausaland !

The repatriated beggars, who were evicted in groups in different buses, were taken to states such as Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Jigawa, Nasarawa, Kogi, Kwara, Plateau and Gombe. Other states are: Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Abia.

no single yoruba state was mentioned.ibo haram tongue
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by delpee(f): 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2011
All this talk of Igbos not being beggars baffles me. Why the holier than thou attitude? I know for sure that there used to be Igbo beggars around obalende singing and dancing to attract a crowd before Fasholas deportation of beggars. I also remember the ones with big "donation"bags on Falomo bridge and the fake cancer patient who was subsequently caught. They were all Igbos. Anyway all tribes are guilty as was discovered during the deportation. The basic problems are poverty. jgnorance and greed.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 04, 2011
what ibos do is executive begging.you see a woman with a small baby strapped to her back, pleading for help.they dont really do the aboki style where they sing in group. embarassed angry
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by igboboy1(m): 7:06am On Jul 05, 2011
~Bluetooth:

did you see the state of origin of the deported beggars before running your mouth ? they are all from ibo and hausaland !

no single yoruba state was mentioned.ibo haram tongue

Please be informed and civil.

What ethnic groups make up kwara? Is it only fulani, bariba and Nupe? Are there no yorubas?
What ethnic group make up Kogi west? Is it not Okun Yoruba

Your argument does not hold water

Well no need to start an ethnic fracas with an uninformed thing.

Have a nice day!!
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 8:18am On Jul 05, 2011
No one is saying there are no Igbo beggars but they are rare.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by EzeUche(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2011
I never seen an Igbo beggar. This is very strange. shocked shocked shocked

There is no money to be made in begging for the Ndigbo.

The Hausa already control that market with the Yoruba are also entering the market.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 8:28am On Jul 05, 2011
Yourubas are mainly into mobile begging. The kind of begging whereby a young person leads and directs a blind person who sings at the admiration of potential benefactors.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 05, 2011
afam4eva:

Igbo beggars? This is strange.

nothing strange about it.they are all over even in berlin and dubai
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2011
if you go to prague dem full dia for the main square and their gials dey inside glass for amsterdam
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 05, 2011
afam4eva:

Yourubas are mainly into mobile begging. The kind of begging whereby a young person leads and directs a blind person who sings at the admiration of potential benefactors.

You must have mistaken hausas for yorubas cuz what you just described here is a begging technique of the almajiris.yorubas will rather sell sachet water than beg for money.go to the streets of downtown lagos for confirmation.begging is synonymous with hausa and ibos. tongue
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Yankee01: 10:06am On Jul 05, 2011
We shouldn't be talking about igbo, yoruba or hausa in this issue. This is Poverty in play for god sake! We should be discussing about the right thing the government should do (to reduce the level of poverty in the country), rather than deporting citizens from one state to another all in the name of security.
To me, it's not a healthy decision to make.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2011
why should somebody leave their hamlets and villages where they can farm only to come to Abuja or Lagos to start begging ? it doesnt makes sense.
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by duke4ever: 10:38am On Jul 05, 2011
nigeria is a failed state.
Am sure those smart Igbo hawkers are even bak 2 Abj. After all 9ija man gat 2 survive
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by DeepSoul(f): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2011

Who are all these drunken fools talking about IGBO, YORUBA or HAUSA beggars!

Why do we so foolishly leave the main issues at hand and focus on something as trivial as tribe (in this regard!)

These people have no jobs, no shelter, no food, no education; A lot of them have nothing.

WHy doesn't the Nigerian Government have any form of social welfare system? I'm not trying to justify laziness here but the bitter truth is, some of these people are in this sad situation due to no fault of theirs.

Some of them were never given the opportunity to acquire education, some of them were born orphans. I make it a habit to chat with beggars - I engage in full discussions with them (esp children) and you'd be shocked at what people have to go through.

People have stories! Our govt is so insensitive to poverty; the best they could do was put them in a bus and send them to their respective states, what a shame!

Even if they must be sent away, why not form alliances with all the state governments involved and provide some sort of rehabilitation - skills acquisition, shelter, education, something, anything! Rather than just send them home, Jesus!

And to all the people saying (with pride) Igbo people don't beg, you should have ur heads examined, and that's me putting it MILDLY!
Re: Beggars Deported Back To Their States From Abuja by comechop1: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2011
I support the deportation o yessss. let them go becos majority will continue to beg for the rest of their lives. They should go to their state of origin afterall federal govt pay all state allocation monthly. Their state/ local govt is responsible for their up keep and welfare. And i would like other states to do the same too particularly in Port Harcourt they should deport all of them becos they are eye sore. Just take a look at gra junction ard the pollo club  u will see them living like animals these aboki and their hagiya every where is eye sore. angry

If they are productive they can stay but they are not they are trash!!!!!! Their state/local govt should provide a special programme for them by educating them. As for the blind and the cripple govt should find the right way to assit them beginning from their state.  If Na me be the minister self i go do am nation cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Brutality On Igbos: Enough Is Enough! / The Main Reason Igbos Are Hated In Nigeria / Nigeria Has Improved 4G Coverage From 23% To 77.52% — Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.