Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,058 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch (13703 Views)

Russians Flee Country To Avoid Being Sent To Front Line By Putin (photos) / Ukrainians Prepare For Battle As Russian Military Surrounds Kyiv / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by ImoleNaija: 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
This life ehn. His patriotism has won him the love of many, even some Nigerians'.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by obiekunie01: 4:24pm On Mar 26, 2022
YOUR COUNTRY IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOUGH WAR AND ALL THAT MATTERS TO YOU IS YOUR PERSONAL POCKET!

THIS UNPATRIOTIC AT ITS PEAK!
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2022
obiekunie01:
YOUR COUNTRY IS IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOUGH WAR AND ALL THAT MATTERS TO YOU IS YOUR PERSONAL POCKET!

THIS UNPATRIOTIC AT ITS PEAK!

Staying in his country during this full month shelling is Patriotism already cool

100% respect for Usyk.

He should travel as even the Great Putin has agreed he wants only eastern Ukraine (Stalemate) after the lashing he received in this war grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by wink2015(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
ogbiwa:
Oleksandr Usyk has confirmed he will fight Anthony Joshua in a rematch and will leave Ukraine in order to start preparing for the fight.

The rematch had been thrown into doubt last month as Usyk returned to his homeland in order to lend his services to the fight against the Russian invasion.

However, Usyk has now announced his intention to fulfil the rematch clause in his contract following their first meeting back in September, which he won via unanimous decision.

Plans are now being put in place to officially announce a rematch between Usyk and Joshua, with hopes for a bout in June.

Usyk has reportedly been granted leave in order to depart Ukraine, having returned to the country to join the Kyiv Territorial Defence force and fight the Russian invasion.

His return to Ukraine had thrown the original plans for a rematch into doubt, with a date in May having previously been drawn up for the pair to meet.

Joshua even started shortlisting potential alternative opponents in order to return to the ring following the second defeat of his professional career.

The British fighter is instead now set to be given the chance to reclaim his world title belts from Usyk later this year, after surrendering the IBF, WBO and WBA super world titles in the September defeat.

There is also potential for the winner of the Usyk vs Joshua rematch to seek a bout to unify the heavyweight division against either Tyson Fury or Dillian Whyte.

Fury and Whyte will fight for the WBC and The Ring titles in London on April 23, with Fury currently holding the belts, having retained it in his trilogy bout with Deontay Wilder in October last year.

The British fighter is instead now set to be given the chance to reclaim his world title belts from Usyk later this year, after surrendering the IBF, WBO and WBA super world titles in the September defeat.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/boxing/oleksandr-usyk-anthony-joshua-boxing-26559172

I hope Anthony Joshua prepares himself very well to win the coming re-match this time around.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by AyomideOG01: 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hardebaryor:
Who can lend 100k without interest?

Jesus Christ go run am for you, borrow from him

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Sunnydoo: 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Joshua should train harder o.
The same Usyk he fought last year is not the same he will fight because he is fighting against someone coming out of a warzone that is not just a boxer but a warrior and possibly a killer that might have killed several invading Russians in his homeland.

War can turn someone to a psychopath whereby Usyk will be seeing Putin throwing punches on the Ring whereas it is Anthony Joshua throwing the punches. shocked

Pls send this to AJ on his social media handle. Else, na TKO.

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by ButterBurger: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
I thought they said male 18 above to one kind old age must not leave the country to fight the war
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by PrinzAmI(m): 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
The same Usyk he fought last year is not the same he will fight because he is fighting against someone coming out of a warzone that is not just a boxer but now a warrior and possibly a killer that might have killed several invading Russians in his homeland.

War can turn someone to a psychopath whereby Usyk will be seeing Putin throwing punches on the Ring whereas it is Anthony Joshua throwing the punches. shocked
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by meneski(m): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
The same Usyk he fought last year is not the same he will fight because he is fighting against someone coming out of a warzone that is not just a boxer but now a warrior and possibly a killer that might have killed several invading Russians in his homeland.

comrade
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by abobote: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2022
Ha he is still there? Na Joshua I de feel for sha,
No spoil our celebrity boxer face o

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Eagba(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2022
HitSong:
He'll be beaten too.

I wish he can be switched to the senseless stubborn Zelensƙy.
you are correct jawe. see as this mumu zelensky dey embarrass our putin
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by greatness77: 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

hahahaaaa!!
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Testimony1988(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
The man has big body.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Stanleyville(m): 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
sad

Joshua still dey fight?
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by sucess001(m): 6:16pm On Mar 26, 2022
I don't see AJ beating him. He will win a second bout. Usyk is more mentally tough.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Ojukwu007(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

grin grin
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by donforeign: 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
Abi u dey fear Russia's shilling?

Else which rematch want to make you leave the war front? After all the belts sef dey with you

Comrade no dey whine us na grin grin cheesy
baba no be coward like u

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by suffering: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2022
Nairaland is useless.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by uunwanaobong3: 7:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Haha, usyk want take style run away from his shit hole country........ Mehn the guy is tire of giving a Bleep to useless war.... Russia missiles want to deafened my guy's ear.

Usyk, you better run away before zelenskyy and Putin kill you
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by derecho(m): 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
I think he wants to use the bout as a platform to make a statement to the World.
After beating AJ, he'd give him the belts and now address Putin to give up his "laurels" and show sportsmanship.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by petermichaels(m): 7:52pm On Mar 26, 2022
My candid advice is Joshua should not rush this guy to a rematch oo.
He will use the anger of the on going event in his country and seriously give him a second beating.
He should allow the guy face what is before him.
I have advised him oo. Nairaland is my witness

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by laivwire(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2022
Georgejeez:
He will be beaten this time by Joshua , once beaten , twice rugged
Lol, I stopped reading Nairaland comments on topics of particular interest to me due to the fact that you have many novices talking like pros on stuff they have absolutely no idea about.

You think it's about being beaten once, how about having a clean record that won't hurt your fighting confidence?

AJ's number has been figured out; declining stamina and agility. Usyk outclassed him on technical points and will likely do it again except AJ makes some radical changes.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by chaloskyx: 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
ahah why now thought your service to the country was more important than money and fame bunch of attention seekers
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
Hardebaryor:
Who can lend me 100k without interest?

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Glocal1: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2022
It seems this guy has figured out Joshua's weakness and ready to dethrone him. Usyk claims he is fighting for glory and not the money so Joshua has to be wary of him by preparing well ahead for this rematch.

It was incredible and ridiculous for Joshua to think about taking a step aside fee for Usyk and Tyson Fury to fight for the undisputed heavy weight championship.

Let us see how Joshua improves on his stamina, stiffness, head movement and punch/jab accuracy.
I can only wish Joshua well in the rematch.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Bishopino: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2022
Emeskhalifa:
Abi u dey fear Russia's shilling?

Else which rematch want to make you leave the war front? After all the belts sef dey with you

Comrade no dey whine us na grin grin cheesy
Which one come be Russian shilling? na you come dey whine us naa.
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Joetttimua1811(m): 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2022
All the best
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2022
Bishopino:

Which one come be Russian shilling? na you come dey whine us naa.

Comrade no too vex for me. Me sef no too sabi book like that cheesy

Na only the selling of data I sabi do grin

1 Like

Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by otipoju(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2022
JosephXavier:
He has done well to be there for his country when they needed him most

When your country offers you the best as a citizen, their is no way you won't be loyal to your country

The only mistake Anthony Joshua made in his career was when he started mingling with some people he shouldn't have been found with

Now, it's like he has learnt his lessons

I wish both of them luck

Example of those people please. Pink hair?
Re: Ukraine's Usyk Confirms He's Leaving His Country To Prepare For Joshua Rematch by judedwriter(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Make this guy no kill our Anthony Joshua o.....

I really fear for AJ. Usyk is a very good boxer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Begins Civil Trial On Rape Allegation Against Trump / Ghana Set To Swears In New President Today (photo) / Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.