Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? (3752 Views)

10 Best Field To Study In Canada To Land A Lucrative Job / How To Get A Job In Germany From Nigeria 2020 / The Largest L G A In Nigeria By Land Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 7:32am On Mar 26, 2022
Good morning everyone,pls how do I land a job in UK with visa sponsorship?

I have been applying on UK job search engine but no positive response. I am gradually failing into depression.

I have a BSC in Electrical engineering and a certification in automation engineering.I have 4years work experiences.

Pls how do i land a job in the UK with certificate of sponsorship?

Pls for those that work in the UK and can help me get Cos ,I will be very grateful.
Pls if you got a job in the UK from Nigeria,pls tell me how you did it.

Thank you all

Mod pls help move to front page.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by rickpat(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2022
it's easy for medical related courses...

because they're in very high demand..even have a visa class for them...

other profession is very hard cus the company must prove to the UK government that the skill is unavailable in the UK before it's granted...the surest way for other profession is going to school there,..either masters or b.sc....good luck

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 7:45am On Mar 26, 2022
Thank you very much.
rickpat:
it's easy for medical related courses...

because they're in very high demand..even have a visa class for them...

other profession is very hard cus the company must prove to the UK government that the skill is unavailable in the UK before it's granted...the surest way for other profession is going to school there,..either masters or b.sc....good luck
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Pls I need more information...
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Cousin9999: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2022
You might want to expand your search to Canadian, Australian, and American firms. I think you should be able to make it happen. However, you might want to consider taking a job in an unattractive location, e.g. mining or oil site. These jobs pay considerably more, might be a lot easier to get, and it's a good way to establish yourself abroad. Once you do that, it shouldn't be all that hard to land something in a more desirable place, e.g. London, NY, Toronto, Melbourne.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by 7thgod: 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
Try getting a post graduate/ masters scholarship.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
Impossible for engineering. Only IT and Medical fields have it a bit easy. There's not that much engineering jobs in the UK.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 5:51am On Mar 27, 2022
Thank you very much.I have done that but no positive response.
Cousin9999:
You might want to expand your search to Canadian, Australian, and American firms. I think you should be able to make it happen. However, you might want to consider taking a job in an unattractive location, e.g. mining or oil site. These jobs pay considerably more, might be a lot easier to get, and it's a good way to establish yourself abroad. Once you do that, it shouldn't be all that hard to land something in a more desirable place, e.g. London, NY, Toronto, Melbourne.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 5:52am On Mar 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Impossible for engineering. Only IT and Medical fields have it a bit easy. There's not that much engineering jobs in the UK.
Thanks...I am sad
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 5:53am On Mar 27, 2022
7thgod:
Try getting a post graduate/ masters scholarship.
Thank you...dat kind money no dey for now.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by ednut1(m): 6:20am On Mar 27, 2022
castro316:
Thanks...I am sad
if you are not a doctor, nurse, auditor or into tech. Na long thing you dey. Start saving for student visa or go marry a nurse.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by ednut1(m): 6:20am On Mar 27, 2022
Cousin9999:
you have come with your simplistic fallacies again
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Gerrard59(m): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2022
ednut1:

Reading his comment, I'm now very sure that man hasn't left Africa. Get a job in a mining site in Canada or Australia as a Nigerian living in Nigeria?

Joke of the day!

2 Likes

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by ednut1(m): 10:07am On Mar 27, 2022
Gerrard59:

Reading his comment, I'm now very sure that man hasn't left Africa. Get a job in a mining site in Canada or Australia as a Nigerian living in Nigeria?

Joke of the day!
lol a big joker.

1 Like

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2022
ednut1:
if you are not a doctor, nurse, auditor or into tech. Na long thing you dey. Start saving for student visa or go marry a nurse.
hmmm....tank you.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2022
ednut1:
hmmm
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Cousin9999: 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
castro316:
Thank you very much.I have done that but no positive response.

Have you tried oil/gas/mining jobs?
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by BigDawsNet: 12:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
castro316:

I have been applying on UK job search engine but no positive response. I am gradually failing into depression.

I have a BSC in Electrical engineering and a certification in automation engineering.I have 4years work experiences.

Pls for those that work in the UK and can help me get Cos ,I will be very grateful.

Thank you all

Make more research on caregiver UK work permit sponsorship..

The requirement is soft..and you don't hav to be a medical professional to get a job....

But it's a carer job oh

Find the sponsorship online
Aquire the necessary certificate online..
And you may get the free sponsorship

But pls wen u land...do not try to abandon ur company that assisted you... no talk say u won comot go other health company because of high pay...

They are try to ignore Nigerian disday because of those behaviour..

Goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by castro316: 7:03am On Mar 29, 2022
Thanks
BigDawsNet:

Make more research on caregiver UK work permit sponsorship..

The requirement is soft..and you don't hav to be a medical professional to get a job....

But it's a carer job oh

Find the sponsorship online
Aquire the necessary certificate online..
And you may get the free sponsorship

But pls wen u land...do not try to abandon ur company that assisted you... no talk say u won comot go other health company because of high pay...

They are try to ignore Nigerian disday because of those behaviour..

Goodluck bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Focusmind: 8:13am On Mar 29, 2022
Stop wasting your time or the depression would become real.

We always have high hopes whenever we see many job adverts in UK job portals, thinking that they are recruiting "massively", if i may use the common Nigeria word grin. We usually see hundreds and thousands of jobs, thinking that the jobs are surplus. Just take your time and check the number of people that have applied for that same position. You will see a job and it is showing 2000 have already applied.

As a job seeker, you have to be selective. If you apply for every job that comes your way and continue to get the usual rejection mail, depression may not be far from you. Sometimes, you have to take a break from the application madness, evaluate yourself and focus on where you think you have advantage.

It is always difficult for UK based employers to offer positions to foreigners when they have not exhausted the options available within the UK labor market. Save yourself some stress and focus on the Nigerian market. Build your rich experience with a Nigerian employer and continue the search.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Cousin9999: 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2022
There's not a lot of people willing to work in remote areas. And those who will often don't stay long. Companies hiring for these kinds of positions are more open-minded because they have to be. They also know that some foreigners have greater tolerance for those work conditions. So your chances of landing something are greater.

There's no harm in applying for these while applying locally as well. Worst case scenario is you wasted a few minutes of your day, best case scenario, you land a good paying engineer role with an energy or mining firm, and that launches you into a great career.

Also, the energy and mining firms are known for taking fresh grads and people trained in any engineering discipline.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by JapaProfessor: 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
castro316:
Thank you very much. I have done that but no positive response.

Use the right CV template and the right keywords to optimize your CV for results. I can write detailed cover letters for you.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by jesmond3945: 11:05pm On May 18, 2022
Lalasticlala mynd44 seun. Please front page
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 11:48pm On May 18, 2022
Try Australia, Canada, Germany, UAE.
Try Permanent residency programs of Canada and Australia. you seem qualified.
Try the study route to an advanced country.
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by semmyk(m): 9:08am On May 19, 2022
Reposted. Can't seem to delete.
castro316:

Thank you all

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by semmyk(m): 9:10am On May 19, 2022
Dear OP

A lot of UK recruiters might not take more than a microseconds or 3 secs to discard (dispense with) your application (as it appears). Kindly note this is based on how your posting/inquiry reads. Obviously, one do not know how your CV/resume is
NB: This is not an invite to post your CV here. Don't!

A couple of pointers
BSC in Electrical engineering
Does your certificate or statement of results indicates BSc(Hons).
If so, you should be able to say in your applications that you have an Honours degree
You might want, in addition, explore getting NARIC certificate assessment (statement of comparability) by NARIC (now UK ENIC or Ecctis). See https://www.enic.org.uk/Qualifications/SOC/Default.aspx

certification in automation engineering
UK recruiters tend to thrive on specific. However, I keep saying be specific but not overly too specific. Find a basic of what is 'essentially' necessary
For instance, Certificate: automation engineering - covering
Programmable logic controllers (PLCs): Siemens, ABB ..., Distributed Control Systems (DCSs), SCADA, industrial Ethernet/MQTT/ZigBee, applied programming Python, C, C++, MATLAB, LabVIEW

Indicate only what you've studied. Do not 'dump'/list for listing sake, it might count against you. Of course, it's also an opportunity for you to start self-study new communication protocols, programming, FBD..., and gaining experience of them.

4years work experiences
Just as the term automation engineering, control and robotic is becoming 'ambiguous' (with the onslaught of 'IT'), likewise it is essential to address what and how.
For instance, size of PLC system or alternatively impact of PLC system on production outputs, revenue, risk ...

One more thing, ensure to tweak each covering note/letter to reflect each position's desired competency and experience: without having to be found blatantly lying...

All the best.

castro316:

Thank you all

1 Like

Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Giorgia: 11:12am On May 19, 2022
What of a physiotherapist trying to work in the UK?
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Awesomeosas: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Good day gurus in the house, I have a certificate in data analytics and a executive diploma holder in international health care administration. I’m currently going for a master degree program in international business management in UK. I did my first degree in industrial mathematics. I would like to know if I can get a job easily in UK considering the fact that I have all these certificates
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Goodman247: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2023
You can.land it in d air
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by Unclebayo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
but some automation engineers are also in IT field, sorry sir I’m just curious
Re: Please Naira Landers, How Do L Land A Job In UK ? by BlaqT: 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2023
ednut1:

Will it be easy for a caregiver?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel To Us Through Mexico / 6 Must-have International Money Transfer Apps For Nigerians / Schengen Visa Refusal !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.