Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? (30563 Views)

Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. / Francis Uzoho's Age Questioned By South African Man / Meet Francis Uzoho, Nigerian Youngest Goal Keeper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Ofadaman(m): 9:14am On Mar 26, 2022
In their mind they know Okoye plays better than Ozoho, but because of envy and beef they'd prefer to side with Ozoho just to spite Okoye.

Its the same reason Nigerians will vote Efe and Lekan over people who bring real content in the house ,just because they want to spite the proud. Nigerians so much value humility that anyone who is fine is already termed proud just because they decide to enjoy life and be clean, groomed and healthy. This is why we never move forward because we can't seperate our bias from real skills and do it professionally ,this is why acing interviews in the country when interviewed by Nigerian HR people is hard ,cause instead of them to face content they'd be focused on useless things like the kind of make up she used, her weight or height , his phonetics, hairstyle etc.

We need to grow up in the country and shield our mind to think objectively , because somebody is fine and rich doesn't mean we should spite them out of envy
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:15am On Mar 26, 2022
Joshmuch:
Uzoho na old goal keeper na. Second to Inyeama then. Brought out at last two years world cup or so
he is relatively new. He was not in super eagles during Vincent's time. Ejide was 2nd keeper while ayenugba n later akpei was 3rd choices. After them we had the other short guy b4 uzoho.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Donbabaj: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2022
It has always been Uzoho for me over Okoye even before now. Goal keeping no be by fine boy!
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2022
Ofadaman:
In their mind they know Okoye plays better than Ozoho, but because of envy and beef they'd prefer to side with Ozoho just to spite Okoye.

Its the same reason Nigerians will vote Efe and Lekan over people who bring real content in the house ,just because they want to spite the proud. Nigerians so much value humility that anyone who is fine is already termed proud just because they decide to enjoy life and be clean, groomed and healthy. This is why we never move forward because we can't seperate our bias from real skills and do it professionally ,this is why acing interviews in the country when interviewed by Nigerian HR people is hard ,cause instead of them to face content they'd be focused on useless things like the kind of make up she used, her weight or height , his phonetics, hairstyle etc.

We need to grow up in the country and shield our mind to think objectively , because somebody is fine and rich doesn't mean we should spite them out of envy
okoye is no where near uzoho. If u watched the last World Cup,you would not even compare. Uzoho has even improved. Mind you, he was the 1st keeper b4 he got a terrible long-term injury. Talking of wealth, uzoho is also wealthy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Georgejeez: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2022
Uzoho that has manned the post at a World cup , faced the almighty Lionel Messi and co , did very well being compared with an Instagram model that can't catch an Aerial cross without fumbling and dropping the ball like someone trying to catch a live porcupine, End shall never wonders..

Uzoho is miles better than Okoye , it's just that we tend to overhype anything white

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by fitinwell: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2022
onatisi:
i havent watched okoye much , but that naija goal keeper yesterday was very composed and was communicating with his defenders all the time, dishing out instructions . although he wasn't tested too much though

Which Test again? Didn't you read that Free kick from Ghana outside Box 18.

And those shot passes insides Box 18 Uzo guy yesterday used his Height and Holding Skills to his Advantage..

Though i am a football novices..

Yesterday Game just weak me..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by chymeze: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2022
Truth is, okoye was never really tested at the group stages of the afcon until the Tunisia game which exposed his incompetence. If he had faced real opposition at the group stages, naija for probably crash out at the stage. In summary, okoye can't even near uzoho in the goalkeeping department

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
What makes you think we don’t chat on my other social media account? Dy there make pant dy wear you.Of a truth ehn just very few Godly men can resist me lol
You've never had a discussion with him, I'm pretty sure about that.
How did you know that he's a Godly man??
Is it because he's handsome or rich??
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:24am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
What makes you think we don’t chat on my other social media account? Dy there make pant dy wear you.Of a truth ehn just very few Godly men can resist me lol
You've never had a discussion with him, I'm pretty sure about that. There are hundreds of materialistic girls like you in his DM, the funniest thing is that Okoye is in a serious relationship. grin
How did you know that he's a Godly man too??
Or probably because he's famous??
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

You've never had a discussion with him, I'm pretty sure about that. There are hundreds of materialistic girls like you in his DM, the funniest thing is that Okoye is in a serious relationship. grin
How did you know that he's a Godly man too??
Or probably because he's famous??
He’s not in any serious relationship,take this to the banks
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by enemmo(f): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2022
Op what is Top notched?

Top notch is an adjective, not a verb so it doesn't have past tense.

Uzoho has been our first choice goalkeeper but I remember he had a very serious injury during on of our games so we had to use Okoye. I think he is a better keeper though.

Whatever happened to Alampasu?
We need to get more Keepers on ground.

I miss Enyeama

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2022
richmanrichard:
Okoye reminds me of the short Chigozie Agbim,the Nigerian keeper that always falls gbim! b4 the ball gets to him.
Omo, that guy too dey o. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by onatisi(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2022
fitinwell:

Which Test again? Didn't you read that Free kick from Ghana outside Box 18.

And those shot passes insides Box 18 Uzo guy yesterday used his Height and Holding Skills to his Advantage..

Though i am a football novices..

Yesterday Game just weak me..

i never said he wasnt or isnt good oo. he gave a very very good account of himself yesterday. yesterday was very very difficult , that was a 70,000 jampacked stadium supporting the black stars and yet our boys played their game , made less silly mistake , kept their calm and composure . i really give kudos to them , they played very very very well. they showed their high level of experience , they were all the time building their attack from the back , that shows confidence
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Bamzyriches451: 9:27am On Mar 26, 2022
Damn!
Uzoho performed well yesterday
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by IMPARTIAL: 9:29am On Mar 26, 2022
From all indications right now, it should be Uzoho.

Once upon a time, I disliked everything about him when he was on the pitch. But from what I saw yesterday, and in another recent match, the guy has matured.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
He’s not in any serious relationship,take this to the banks
Didhe tell you this or you're making baseless assumptions because he said that he's open for business during AFCON period??
Anyways, what's my own, na your kpekus go hear am. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Femeto: 9:29am On Mar 26, 2022
Samunique:
Uzoho of course !

Why did you think we leave the Afcon so early ?

Pls answer...
Because you guys didn’t score a goal just like yesterday too. A keeper can’t make mistakes but strikers are allowed to miss tournament saving chances.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by richmanrichard: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

Omo, that guy too dey o. grin
that guy is one of d worst goal keepers we ever had n he is my brother too.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Inspirer1: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Uzoho anytime any day
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Femeto: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2022
chymeze:
Truth is, okoye was never really tested at the group stages of the afcon until the Tunisia game which exposed his incompetence. If he had faced real opposition at the group stages, naija for probably crash out at the stage. In summary, okoye can't even near uzoho in the goalkeeping department
Egypt no test am abi?
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:31am On Mar 26, 2022
onatisi:

i never said he wasnt or isnt good oo. he gave a very very good account of himself yesterday. yesterday was very very difficult , that was a 70,000 jampacked stadium supporting the black stars and yet our boys played their game , made less silly mistake , kept their calm and composure . i really give kudos to them , they played very very very well. they showed their high level of experience , they were all the time building their attack from the back , that shows confidence
Our definition of "played very very very well" differs o. In my opinion, only the goalkeeper, the defenders and probably the leading striker tried. Our wingers, midfielders and SS was shitty.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Zeel007: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2022
Johnrake69:
He did well. Our defenders too came into the game smoking hot.

In all, we should see off the Black stars of Ghana on Tuesday to secure the ticket to the mundial.
honestly the defenders and the goal keeper was really the saving grace yesterday, Ghana would have trashed Nigeria if not the keeper and the defender

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2022
Dybala11:

Didhe tell you this or you're making baseless assumptions because he said that he's open for business during AFCON period??
Anyways, what's my own, na your kpekus go hear am. grin
We are friends on one of my social media account and he boldly told me he’s in no relationship.Erase that dirty mindset of yours
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:33am On Mar 26, 2022
richmanrichard:
that guy is one of d worst goal keepers we ever had n he is my brother too.
Omo, that guy makes even a back pass looks like a dangerous opportunity against the Eagles. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Kelvin3476: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2022
robosky02:
Okoye is Instagram keeper, the ladies man but very business minded fine boy
OKOYE IS CURRENTLY A WATFORD PLAYER BECUS OF HIS HARDWORKS. ONE SILLY MISTAKE CNT MAKE HIM USELESS. I CNT FORGVE UZOHO 4 HIS WORLD CUP PERFORMANCE
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Femeto: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2022
richmanrichard:
i would say we went out bcoz we did not go to aFcon with a coach. If we had retained rohr, we would ve made d final.
God bless you. Rohr never played two games without a single goal. Ogunefon self no get pattern just like they were complaining about Rohr. It’s about results not Pattern.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Skseries: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2022
robosky02:
Francis Uzoho against Ghana showed a lot of Composure, command and reflex.
He has even been once Nigeria's number one at the world cup Russia 2018.

But of recent Maduka Okoye has been preferred until that slip up against Tunisia at the AFcoN that knocked Nigeria out and called to question his competence.

So based on yesterday's top notched performance of Uzoho especially his composure in the face of hot tension.

Should Uzoho be returned as Nigeria's First choice keeper ?

So guys who do you prefer Okoye or Uzoho?

I have alwwys preferred uzoho, he will have been number 1 if not for that his injury.
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by obontami: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Both of 'em are trash!
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Kelvin3476: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Samunique:
Uzoho of course !

Why did you think we leave the Afcon so early ?

Pls answer...
BECUS OUR ATTACKERS AND MIDFIELDERS WERE USELESS. THEY CNT EVEN GIFT US A GOAL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Ibime(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2022
abobote:
None of the above ,
One is a celebrity keeper, and the other one is an over aged Keeper

This one loud
Re: Nigeria's First Choice Keeper: Who Do You Prefer Okoye Or Uzoho? by Dybala11(m): 9:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Iyaebe:
We are friends on one of my social media account and he boldly told me he’s in no relationship.Erase that dirty mindset of yours
Which dirty mindset??
Even if he told you that, common sense ought to tell you that you should do an investigation of your own to confirm his claims. Unfortunately your materialistic tendencies will not allow you to do that. grin
Also, you said that he's a Godly man and I asked you how you know that.
Like I said, na your kpekus go suffer am. grin

Let me ask you sef, was he the one that sent you a DM or it is the other way round?? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Please Am I The Only Guy Who Doesn't Have Much Interest In Watching Football ?? / Lionel Messi: When Cristiano Levelled Me, I Have To Admit That It Hurt Me A Lot / Top 5 Commentators In Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.