Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? (15035 Views)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / What Was Your Rejection Story Like; How Did You Handle It? Please Share / Have You Encountered Such? How Did You Handle It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Cyphar(m): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
ekukeku:

Queen cinema is far to Alomoja o
Along idi-Ayunre o
Dere is a company dere but dis qualification po o

Oh ok
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Kajaard: 3:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mercychen:

Who's my boss? Which of the schools directors would you call my boss? All of them? SMH.

I don't have a boss. I am my own boss. I only have clients.

Pick on your size. Biko.

Good for you little girl.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by 8by6incher: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
In the military u bloody hell shut up n recieve the bashing from ur superior. After he's done u bloody hell salute him. That's discipline

Are the employees trained for war?
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by sisisioge: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2022
Start looking for another job....one of my cardinal rules is no disrespect....not from who I report to or direct reports. I will not disrespect people too.

Too much opportunities out there to settle for shyte!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Dotinacircle: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Komu1048:

Give me ur contact.

Truth is, I based in Lagos but I have guys that get work steady in Ibadan. They will contact you.

Boss I need d job I DM you
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by 2braithe: 3:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
In the military u bloody hell shut up n recieve the bashing from ur superior. After he's done u bloody hell salute him. That's discipline

Superior wan dey bash cultist?
Forget say na military, superior go collect!
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Midas01: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
Beat him na shey if it's your wife you'd land her "corrective" slaps. Why not beat your boss and show him who the real man is.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Lawmak: 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2022
zedegit:

Your qualifications?
Qualifications on N20,000 job. Nawa oo
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by gbagyiza: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
To be honest, you don't need to shout back at your boss or respond harshly, all you need is to either leave or continue but avoid physical contact with your boss n if you can't do that, then you need to get used to his attitude until help comes from God.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Joeyfizzo: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
2braithe:

Superior wan dey bash cultist?
Forget say na military, superior go collect!
lol.... Military na d highest cult.....e pass the one u dey ..lol
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Bbbw: 4:51pm On Mar 27, 2022
Stay loyal with time
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by sync(f): 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2022
I usually return to my office and cry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by slodot2000: 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
For me it's simple... Report him/her to the HR. I once had an abusive boss who shouts and insult me with unprofessional language and made my life misery, I simply recorded one incidence and reported to the HR. And the HR without delay issued him with a warning letter. He got mad when he got the letter, he tried witch hunting me with appraisals but HR already knew his game plan so it never counts and there was nothing else he could do to me until he resigned and left.

Advice....Before you report your boss pls ensure you are on top of your job if not he will set you up with your shortcomings and you will lose at the end.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2022
Victerica:
Don't always blame the bosses and forget the employees...

Nigerian employees are hard to work with...

They are good at irritating someone
there goes the generalization again, why rope in all employees into that category, why are some of you so stoopid? Whatever happened to using 'some Nigerian employees' or 'most Nigerian employees' ?.
Not all bosses are bad and likewise not all employees are good, so a hasty generalization like this simply shows a lack of common sense and undestanding...smh
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by TheManOfTheYear: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
zedegit:

Will you take a #20 000 salary job

Mondays - Fridays 7am to 5pm?
I'd rather roast corn by the roadside than take a job like this.

What will 20k do in this brutal economy? How much be your pikin allowance?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Victerica(m): 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
F22RAPTOR:

there goes the generalization again, why rope in all employees into that category, why are some of you so stoopid? Whatever happened to using 'some Nigerian employees' or 'most Nigerian employees' ?.
Not all bosses are bad and likewise not all employees are good, so a hasty generalization like this simply shows a lack of common sense and undestanding...smh

Is it your hasty generalization?

Is like your head dey pain you...

Majority of the Bosses and employees in this country are stupid!

Go, hang yourself
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Dmeji4444(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Every time he/she shouts, take a bottle of cold zobo
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Komu1048(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2022
Cyphar:

Thanks bro. God bless

Your name
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Victerica:

Is it your hasty generalization?

Is like your head dey pain you...

Majority of the Bosses and employees in this country are stupid!

Go, hang yourself
aha...even though you don't have common sense, atleast you take corrections. Using the word 'majority' gives a little credibility to your statement...lol
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by hermesprogidy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2022
I had an a-hole boss who felt the only way to pass her point across was through shouting. Whenever she starts her episodes,I just give her a blank look,while maintaining eye contact. Then I leave. cool cool
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Victerica(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
F22RAPTOR:

aha...even though you don't have common sense, atleast you take corrections. Using the word 'majority' gives a little credibility to your statement...lol

Common sense kill you there!
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Cyphar(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
Komu1048:

Your name

Gbenga oyeniyi.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by hermesprogidy(m): 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2022
sisisioge:
Start looking for another job....one of my cardinal rules is no disrespect....not from who I report to or direct reports. I will not disrespect people too.

Too much opportunities out there to settle for shyte!
Exactly.. The moment disrespect enters the equation, it's bye bye birdie for me.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Victerica:

Common sense kill you there!
lol...mumu. There is still hope for you, dont give up.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Realcash224(m): 6:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
My Oga is a military General. he do shout at me often why I do apologise always whether right or wrong.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by judedwriter(m): 6:37pm On Mar 27, 2022
I just smile grin

And set my heart on another job...

Can't stay too long in a place I am not appreciated undecided

I am a perfectionist
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by 2braithe: 6:40pm On Mar 27, 2022
Midas01:
Beat him na shey if it's your wife you'd land her "corrective" slaps. Why not beat your boss and show him who the real man is.

Stop having a victimization mentality.
Only few men(compared to the rest of men) domestically abuse their wives.

If you want to see women abusing their husbands domestically,go abroad.Yet,we don't wail about it.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by 2braithe: 6:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
Joeyfizzo:
lol.... Military na d highest cult.....e pass the one u dey ..lol

No cult dey superior.
When men start to dey put am for him body wotowoto,he go sabi.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by 2braithe: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Realcash224:
My Oga is a military General. he do shout at me often why I do apologise always whether right or wrong.

Military na another world.
Na you waka go buy form lol.
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Kwara1stson: 6:52pm On Mar 27, 2022
shevchenko:

You are sick .why will u pay someone 20k .Anoufia
the idiot doesn't have any job to give out
Re: How Do You Handle Being Shouted On At Work??? by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
zedegit:

Meteorologist in Nigeria? It's an abstract course here.

I suggest you learn an it skill or programming.

Are meteorology graduates not employable in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Interview Questions: Dumb Replies Only / Tips To Boost Your Interview Performance / Does Having Masters Help Get Shortlisted For Recruitments Asking For 2.1?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.