Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,999 members, 7,799,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing (29439 Views)

Question An American Asked About Nigerians Stealing Their Jobs And Reply He Got / My Colleague Was Sacked – My Pains, My Views / Vacancy For A Junior Accountant (job Ref: Jnr Acct) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by excell0001: 9:56am On Mar 28, 2022
ajailer:
Please don’t report him yet as even you sef don Dey confused on ur next line of action based on that you don’t want to complicate his life for him. If you report him on Monday and he gets sacked, you might end up feeling bad about your action.

Wetin me go do next b dis, I will call him and have a chat with him outside of the working premises. I will let him know I am doing him a favor by letting him go off the hook but it will be on the condition that he tells you about all the shady dealings going on there with other staffs too and how they do it( might be he is not the only one doing it). Buy his loyalty, make him see that honesty pays, block all the loopholes and you will see someone who will be loyal to you for life.

I have been down this road before, I reported the guy and got him arrested. I later started feeling bad that my decision was too hasty and even after that theft never reduced but the guys under me just got wiser.

you just stated a law from Marian manager. I support this
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by rickyboss333: 10:47am On Mar 28, 2022
Rhozabeth:

Bros as a HR practitioner, i will advise that u issue the guy a query and keep the response because if the issue eventually get to the mgt thru whatever means and u have not done anything, it means u are complicit. The query i issue will exonerate you! When u are trying to help someone pls do it cautiously! Not at the expense of ur job!
Meanwhile if such happens again and u catch him or them pls do not spare him!
Exactly my point. But d issue is that d query further escalates the issue to other person's cos I believe queries must come thru d HR officer or manager, which in most cases goes thru his superiors (I stand to be corrected) and which obviously makes the case hopeless 4 d theif whom I believe wants 2 b given a second chance. That's why I felt making him write a report or statement on d incident and signed is better
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by GodisFirst: 11:46am On Mar 28, 2022
Call him and talk to him privately. Warn him never to do such again.
Let him know that if he was caught by another person, he might not be spared.
Even if he was having problem and needed money, stealing will only make his case worse.
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by Rhozabeth(m): 11:46am On Mar 29, 2022
rickyboss333:

Exactly my point. But d issue is that d query further escalates the issue to other person's cos I believe queries must come thru d HR officer or manager, which in most cases goes thru his superiors (I stand to be corrected) and which obviously makes the case hopeless 4 d theif whom I believe wants 2 b given a second chance. That's why I felt making him write a report or statement on d incident and signed is better

I think you are right, every organizatiohas her own system or process! The report will suffice in this case so u don't put ur job on the line for someone!
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by Anieheart: 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2022
mine the reverse is the case, a senior colleague is stealing. I no fit talk anything but he no know say I know say e dey tif
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by Teleprompter(f): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Those asking you to forgive him have the tendency to steal.
This is not how first time. If he was broke, why did he not request for salary advance?
Don't worry about him being a family ma since even him is not worried about losing his own job.
Report him and let management be the one to give him his last warning. He is just greedy and not appreciative of his humble beginning.
Re: I Caught A Junior Colleague Stealing by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 17, 2022
Bbbw:
Really
I love bbw so much smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / Nigerian Navy Released List Of Candidates For Batch 27 Aptitude Test (photos) / Do They Really Sell Employment Slots In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.