Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? (1248 Views)

Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. / Evolution Or Design? Why Do You Subscribe To Either? / Survey: Do You Believe In Evolution Or Creationism? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by badboyTee(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2022
Let be tolerant of each other and talk with proofs pls sometimes as a freethinker I wonder how all these came about.The sky,moon,space,universe,sun like how it floating baffles me.

And how humans came about Evolution or Adam and eve ?

Let enlighten each other!
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by badboyTee(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by WatchYourSix: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
badboyTee:
Let be tolerant of each other and talk with proofs pls sometimes as a freethinker I wonder how all these came about.The sky,moon,space,universe,sun like how it floating baffles me.

By a random chance or mistake in time and space, with the right temperature and pressure...evolution just started and everything came to be by itself... isn’t it fantastic
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by badboyTee(m): 8:23pm On Mar 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

By a random chance or mistake in time and space, with the right temperature and pressure...evolution just started and everything came to be by itself... isn’t it fantastic

nice of you
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by WatchYourSix: 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2022
badboyTee:
nice of you

You are free thinker naaa..I know that explanation doesn’t add up as you don’t think the Adam and Eve story doesn’t add up..
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Felimax(m): 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2022
Different categories or species of humans created to satisfy different purpose, probably by the same maker but obviously for different reasons.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2022
No one knows the real fact about the existence of earth and universe. All theories, religious or scientific are just guess works

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amotolongbo:

No one knows the real fact about the existence of earth and universe. All THEORIES, religious or scientific are just guess works

After hearing any THEORY we need PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what we heard then we find out the BENEFITS.

If the theory has no practical application then it's worthless because it can never yield any benefits! wink

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
WatchYourSix:

nope, not by random chance.
You need to be educated on how it works.

It's by natural selection and genetic drift in the gene pool. That's not random and we have evidence for this
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 10:56pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amotolongbo:
No one knows the real fact about the existence of earth and universe. All theories, religious or scientific are just guess works
Evolution is fact.
We know for sure in science.

Creation is not a fact, it's a relgious belief without evidence
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:22pm On Mar 26, 2022
Workch:
Evolution is fact.
We know for sure in science.

Creation is not a fact, it's a relgious belief without evidence
Proof that evolution is fact?
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amotolongbo:
If you really want an answer to your question rather than just have that indoctrination reinforced, I suggest you contact the biology department of your nearest place of tertiary education for advice : a net search would do it. You will be given access to all the information that your church will have kept from you.

You will find that there has been an overwhelming amount of repeatedly confirmed evidence accumulated over the last century by tens of thousands of professional biologists, palaeontologists, geneticists and allied sciences all over the world. That will confirm, as it has for practically everyone else in the world, the reality of evolution of life on earth. It will explain the mechanisms and show you, in as much detail as you wish, all the evidence that has led to the construction of one of the most solid explanatory theories on Earth.

It is the business of the creationist churches to debunk anything that does not conform to their literalist or biblically-derived dogmas. They work hard at inventing pseudoscientific “facts” and arguments to fit their religious biases and I don't have the luxury to start educating a creationist on nairaland. Any real facts that conflict with what they decide they want to hear are discarded and buried away.

If you want the truth, look beyond their deliberate distortions, and you will find there is an eye-opening world of genuine data and observations out there. It’s up to you to sort out the real from the religious obfuscations, but if you are intelligent, you will be able to do that easily.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 11:30pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amotolongbo:
or maybe, just take a basic online biology course on coursera.
I don't have the energy to educate an adult on what you should have understood in secondary school that will lead to lengthy and unending arguments because of religious indoctrination

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2022
Workch:
If you really want an answer to your question rather than just have that indoctrination reinforced, I suggest you contact the biology department of your nearest place of tertiary education for advice : a net search would do it. You will be given access to all the information that your church will have kept from you.

You will find that there has been an overwhelming amount of repeatedly confirmed evidence accumulated over the last century by tens of thousands of professional biologists, palaeontologists, geneticists and allied sciences all over the world. That will confirm, as it has for practically everyone else in the world, the reality of evolution of life on earth. It will explain the mechanisms and show you, in as much detail as you wish, all the evidence that has led to the construction of one of the most solid explanatory theories on Earth.

It is the business of the creationist churches to debunk anything that does not conform to their literalist or biblically-derived dogmas. They work hard at inventing pseudoscientific “facts” and arguments to fit their religious biases and I don't have the luxury to start educating a creationist on nairaland. Any real facts that conflict with what they decide they want to hear are discarded and buried away.

If you want the truth, look beyond their deliberate distortions, and you will find there is an eye-opening world of genuine data and observations out there. It’s up to you to sort out the real from the religious obfuscations, but if you are intelligent, you will be able to do that easily.
young man these are gibberish complicating your assertion.
This claptrap is so useless and worse than the baseless religious doctrines!

I expect something better, If you are really intelligent
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2022
Amotolongbo:

I cannot engage you in an argument.. Unless you take a biology course.

You are illiterate. I can prove that you are illiterate here. Most people who argue evolution are usually scientifically illiterate

If you are not illiterate then tell me what you understand by evolution. At least, you should understand a topic before you discuss it.

What is evolution? I can swear with my life that you don't understand the topic and even if you browse Google, I will expose your ignorance about the topic here
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 12:43am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
I cannot engage you in an argument.. Unless you take a biology course.

You are illiterate. I can prove that you are illiterate here. Most people who argue evolution are usually scientifically illiterate

If you are not illiterate then tell me what you understand by evolution. At least, you should understand a topic before you discuss it.

What is evolution? I can swear with my life that you don't understand the topic and even if you browse Google, I will expose your ignorance about the topic here
stop ranting like a stainless pan rolling on the floor!

You think evolutionary fact is based on the Senior Secondary School Modern biology textbook knowledge on your head?

Na wa for these small small pikins on this Nairaland o.

2 Likes

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 12:46am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
stop ranting like a stainless pan rolling on the floor!

You think evolutionary fact is based on the Senior Secondary School Modern biology textbook knowledge on your head?

Na wa for these small small pikins on this Nairaland o.

So what's evolution?
What do you understand by evolution?

Prove me wrong.

I want you to prove me wrong that you understand the topic cheesy
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 1:04am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
So what's evolution?
What do you understand by evolution?

Prove me wrong.

I want you to prove me wrong that you understand the topic cheesy
Young man.
Go and find a place to sit!

I said the existence of Earth and the universe, this hare hopped on my post to be saying evolution as if Evolution deals with origin.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 1:29am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Young man.
Go and find a place to sit!

I said the existence of Earth and the universe, this hare hopped on my post to be saying evolution as if Evolution deals with origin.
The topic is not about the existence of the universe.
More evidence that you don't know ahy evolution is

Stick the word "evolution", what is evolution?

No amount of abuse will stop be from asking you about your knowledge of the said topic "evolution"
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 2:15am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
The topic is not about the existence of the universe.
More evidence that you don't know ahy evolution is

Stick the word "evolution", what is evolution?

No amount of abuse will stop be from asking you about your knowledge of the said topic "evolution"
badboyTee:

If seeing is your problem, I’ve emboldened it for you!
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by WatchYourSix: 5:06am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
nope, not by random chance.
You need to be educated on how it works.

It's by natural selection and genetic drift in the gene pool. That's not random and we have evidence for this

Only you? condescending and obnoxious.
that’s not good for one person..you just jumped at me to tell me what I need...
Who does that??

If it all ddnt randomly start...
Where did your gene pool come from??
out of thin air??
Oh! there was no air remember??

So it has to be a “random”
We are just some random cosmic mistake..

A well-arranged mistake anyways....
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by LordReed(m): 6:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:

The theory of Evolution is what has produced some of the medicines you regularly swallow so on it is not baseless doctrine nor is it useless.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 7:14am On Mar 27, 2022
WatchYourSix:

Only you? condescending and obnoxious.
that’s not good for one person..you just jumped at me to tell me what I need...
Who does that??

If it all ddnt randomly start...
Where did your gene pool come from??
out of thin air??
Oh! there was no air remember??

So it has to be a “random”
We are just some random cosmic mistake..

A well-arranged mistake anyways....

I think you are poorly educated hence you are not mentally sound enough to differentiate evolution from Abiogenesis
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:

If seeing is your problem, I’ve emboldened it for you!
Tell us what evolution is?

I'm confident that you do not know what it is.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

The theory of Evolution is what has produced some of the medicines you regularly swallow so on it is not baseless doctrine nor is it useless.
So the theory of evolution explained origin or creation of earth and the universe or what is the one saying? undecided
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 7:58am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
So the theory of evolution explained origin or creation of earth and the universe or what is the one saying? undecided
grin

You don't understand evolution, you prove it time and time again.

Evolution doesn't attempt to explain the origin or creation of earth and the universe.

Your ignorance is showing already.

What is evolution? Tell us

And yes, you cannot research antimicrobial drugs without the knowledge of evolution.

You cannot make genetic modified foods without evolution. Most of rice and cow breeds we consume today would have been impossible if evolution isn't a thing.

It's impossible to research and make new vaccines without evolution.

So what do you understand by evolution?
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
Tell us what evolution is?

I'm confident that you do not know what it is.
seems this mf just read about evolution.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
grin

You don't understand evolution, you prove it time and time again.

Evolution doesn't attempt to explain the origin or creation of earth and the universe.

Your ignorance is showing already.

What is evolution? Tell us

And yes, you cannot research antimicrobial drugs without the knowledge of evolution.

You cannot make genetic modified foods without evolution. Most of rice and cow breeds we consume today would have been impossible if evolution isn't a thing.

It's impossible to research and make new vaccines without evolution.

So what do you understand by evolution?
Is that all you know about Evolution?
Shallow!

With the bolded part, why are you now disturbing the peace of this thread
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by A001: 8:15am On Mar 27, 2022
badboyTee:

My position as an agnostic is, both evolution and intelligent design (creation) are responsible for life on Earth.

Evolution is the established concept in science, but just like the late Nobel Prize-winning biophysicist Francis Crick, my position is that the origin of life on Earth is also due to the activities of the ETs (extraterrestrials called gods, goddesses or God in religion) on this planet in the ancient past.

That was his view as a secular humanist as he avowed "that human problems can and must be faced in terms of human moral and intellectual resources without invoking supernatural authority."

Clearly, one can hold the notion of intelligent design or creation even without believing in a god or the supernatural.

When I'm less busy today, I'll give reasons and proofs why I posit both evolution and intelligent design are responsible for life on Earth.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
Is that all you know about Evolution?
Shallow!

With the bolded part, why are you now disturbing the peace of this thread
OK, tell me what you know about evolution.

I want to tap from your wealth of knowledge, everyone here is eager to.

What is evolution?
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2022
A001:

My position as an agnostic is, both evolution and intelligent design (creation) are responsible for life on Earth.

Evolution is the established concept in science, but just like the late Nobel Prize-winning biophysicist Francis Crick, the origin of life on Earth is also due to the activities of the ETs (extraterrestrials called gods, goddesses or God in religion) on this planet in the ancient past.

That was his view as a secular humanist as he avowed "that human problems can and must be faced in terms of human moral and intellectual resources without invoking supernatural authority."

Clearly, one can hold the notion of intelligent design or creation even without believing in a god or the supernatural.

When I'm less busy today, I'll give reasons and proofs why I posit both evolution and intelligent design are responsible for life on Earth.
I'm curious to know how intelligent design played a part in the existence of life.

It will be very interesting to see some evidence as well.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
seems this mf just read about evolution.

Yeah. I just did and that's why I need you to discuss your own understanding of it.

What is evolution?
Been asking for the umpteen time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deeper Life Church Attacked Yesterday_________killed 6, Injured Others / Living Faith Church Ile-ife / Nigerian Freemasons Prepare for 100th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.