Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? (1253 Views)

Few Reasons Why Science Cannot Regard The Genesis Creation Story. / Evolution Or Design? Why Do You Subscribe To Either? / Survey: Do You Believe In Evolution Or Creationism? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
LordReed:

When you want to interfere or cut into a discussion, follow the it from the origin.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by LordReed(m): 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
When you want to interfere or cut into a discussion, follow the it from the origin.

I did.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by sonmvayina(m): 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2022
obonujoker:

Everything the Bible (the word of God) said, has been tested and proved through the ages of men through to this very day.

You might want to listen to Bart Simpson..

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Weezy463: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2022
There is no absolute certainty about what has happened in the past. Anything we believe now is,as a result of our religious background.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2022
Amotolongbo:
If I explained to you, are you cerebral enough to understand.

You that couldn’t understand simple post by the OP now wanting to understand high level discussion on scientific theory.
Go and discuss with your mate
please what's evolution?
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by A001: 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2022
Workch:
OK, patiently waiting.

And please come with evidence and not some philosophical arguments
This will become a lengthy argument sooner or later, and I don't want that; even it's been over a month since I last updated the other thread because of time constraints.

I'd need to find some old materials online on the subject, and that will be time-consuming.

It takes time to type these lengthy posts on Nairaland.

Summarily, evolution is the established concept in science on the existence of life on Earth, and evolution is a natural phenomenon.

I posit intelligent design is one of the concepts that can account for the origin of life on this planet.

That's my own position (not a scientific fact) as an agnostic, and I don't have the time to delve into that discussion at this period.

I've a lot on my plate now.

(There are various theories on the origin of life on Earth; one of them is based on evolution and another on intelligent design; the origin of life on this planet is a controversial topic.)
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by badboyTee(m): 11:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
A001:

This will become a lengthy argument sooner or later, and I don't want that; even it's been over a month since I last updated the other thread because of time constraints.

I'd need to find some old materials online on the subject, and that will be time-consuming.

Summarily, evolution is the established concept in science on the existence of life on Earth, and evolution is a natural phenomenon.

I posit intelligent design is one of the concepts that can account for the origin of life on this planet.

That's my own position (not a scientific fact) as an agnostic, and I don't have the time to delve into that discussion at this period.

(There are various theories on the origin of life on Earth; one of them is based on evolution and another on intelligent design; the origin of life on this planet is a controversial topic.)
didn't this guys attend a UNI to know about evolution
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Workch: 7:14am On Mar 28, 2022
A001:

If the origin of life is still controversial, so how come you conclude that an intelligence should be involved?

While I think that it's highly impossible for an intelligent being to have started life owing to the probability that life can start either

1. Anywhere in the universe and brought down here via panspermia
2. Abiogenesis here on earth

There is enough time for either of this to have happened.

The least probable is that an intelligence made it. Anyways, we still don't know, we are not going to act like we know for sure.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
LordReed:

I did.
If you did, then use the theory of evolution to disprove this my assertion which started the argument then.
Amotolongbo:
No one knows the real fact about the existence of earth and universe. All theories, religious or scientific are just guess works
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by LordReed(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Amotolongbo:
If you did, then use the theory of evolution to disprove this my assertion which started the argument then.

Your assertion is not clear. Are you saying we don't know that the universe and the earth exists as fact?

If on the other hand you are talking about the origins of the earth and the universe then I cannot use Evolution. That would be like taking a physics test and writing biology answers.

1 Like

Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
LordReed:

Your assertion is not clear. Are you saying we don't know that the universe and the earth exists as fact?

If on the other hand you are talking about the origins of the earth and the universe then I cannot use Evolution. That would be like taking a physics test and writing biology answers.
Re: Creation Story: Evolution Or Adam And Eve? by A001: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Workch:
If the origin of life is still controversial, so how come you conclude that an intelligence should be involved?

While I think that it's highly impossible for an intelligent being to have started life owing to the probability that life can start either

1. Anywhere in the universe and brought down here via panspermia
2. Abiogenesis here on earth

There is enough time for either of this to have happened.

The least probable is that an intelligence made it. Anyways, we still don't know, we are not going to act like we know for sure.
That's my own position, with reasons, and it doesn't rule out the other theories you stated above, which I also know about.

I could explain the reasons later if time permits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Pentecostalism And Christianity / Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible / Woman Gives Birth To Fish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.