Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States (75223 Views)

Residents Dancing Inside The Flooded Market In ABA Due To Rainfall / Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 27, 2022
I embarked on a short visit to a very popular open market to see things for myself.
What I saw marveled me.
I was stunned at how cheap things could be.
Many a times we are blindfolded & overtaken by the events of times & what we can see on the surface without actually knowing that the real deal is beneath the petals of the flowers we see.

In the same vein, this Analogy can be likened to the story of the iceberg deeply buried underneath the sea meanwhile what sailors could see is just the "TIP" of the Iceberg.
"Life is always about how you make your BED".
Here, are some pictures I got and some items I was able to purchase too.
This is just for your information & to the Glory of Nairaland. Nothing else.
Thank You!

Below;
Parking structure & one of the entrance points.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 27, 2022
Market Proper

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 27, 2022
Market Proper!
Things are tremendously cheap here.
Including New & Fairly used!

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:15am On Mar 27, 2022
Also ran into Nigerians who came for Shopping, including Larger items they could ship.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 27, 2022
Computers are like kolanuts.
At some point I was afraid.
Make FBI no trace person come house through stolen goods or murder case.

127 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 27, 2022
This is swap meet. There is one on Highway 6 and Bissonet for my East Texas hustlers. cool

142 Likes 8 Shares

Nigeria jagajaga!!! Naija is beyond solution.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Canteen Axis!

14 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:20am On Mar 27, 2022
The PLACE big small grin grin
OYIBO dey bend down select too grin grin
Forget Bruce Lee na Ogaaaa.
Martial arts Shop.

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 27, 2022
More!
Bend down select no be here oooo!

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 27, 2022
More!

8 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by CoronaVirusPro: 5:24am On Mar 27, 2022
Which state is this?

Definitely a Mexican abode.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 27, 2022
Finally!
Stuffs I got myself!
Boots: $10
Leather Bag: $8
Luggage Traveller: $70.
From what I heard there, they said things have gone up.
May GOD Continue to Bless the United States of AMERICA & help Nigeria as well, Amen!

256 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:25am On Mar 27, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:
Which state is this?

Definitely a Mexican abode.
California.
na Mexicans get California naaa grin grin

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by CoronaVirusPro: 5:28am On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

California.
na Mexicans get California naaa grin grin

Thought as much.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:34am On Mar 27, 2022
CoronaVirusPro:

Thought as much.
Yap!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by RoyalBlu(f): 5:35am On Mar 27, 2022
*One striking thing that pops out of all the photos is how clean the grounds are.

So 'bend down select' is not exclusive after all cheesy

316 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:38am On Mar 27, 2022
RoyalBlu:
*One striking thing that's pops out of all the photos is how clean the grounds are.

So 'bend down select' is not exclusive after all cheesy
grin grin grin
You are Right!
Go Aba, Lagos, Onitsha, Kano, now see how we go heap dirty everywhere, still dey blame govt.
The market people here get trash nylons.
They immediately pack as they generate theirs.
That's discipline!
Forget country wey good sweet.
Na to choose your market.
Honestly, the standards of things sold here sent me shivers.

236 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by RoyalBlu(f): 5:46am On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

grin grin grin
You are Right!
Go ABA now see how we go heap dirty everywhere, still dey blame Buhari.
Forget country wey good sweet.
Na to choose your market.
Honestly, the standards of things sold here sent me shivers.

We got a whole lot of rebranding of mentality to do. Cleanliness culture here is just too poor.

192 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 27, 2022
RoyalBlu:

We got a whole lot of rebranding of mentality to do. Cleanliness culture here is just too poor.
You are definitely correct!
We never start naa
We still dey far naaa.
For some parts of Nigeria, being Dirty na part of their normal local cultural heritage.
..... eee no easy ooo

No be only BUHARI be our issue.
We sef get problem.

132 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by RoyalBlu(f): 5:54am On Mar 27, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are definitely correct!
We never start naa
We still dey far naaa.
For some parts of Nigeria, being Dirty na part of their normal local cultural heritage.
..... eee no easy ooo

No be only BUHARI be our issue.
We sef get problem.

Like very far behind embarassed

Well... na to do the one wey we fit do in our immediate environment...

18 Likes

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by GardenOfGod(m): 6:38am On Mar 27, 2022
All I see is orderliness, serenity and civil society.

Show us open market in Aba or Ibadan or even Lagos... grin

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 27, 2022
GardenOfGod:
All I see is orderliness, serenity and civil society.

Show us open market in Aba or Ibadan or even lagoons... grin
grin grin grin grin
.... na Lawlessness naaaaa
Agberos everywhere! grin grin

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Bluntguy: 7:06am On Mar 27, 2022
Very neat environment. Now this is what I call saner climes.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by isaiah4life(m): 7:11am On Mar 27, 2022
This is beautiful, but must you guys insult Nigeria everytime.

We always look for ways to ridicule our country. Abegi! That attitude sucks.

All the same, nice shot, sir. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Divinehub: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2022
Nice shots

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by aysuprano(m): 7:24am On Mar 27, 2022
It’s the banner quote for me

“If you can’t find it here quit looking”

Lol

They don’t sell food stuffs there ?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by dynicks(m): 7:30am On Mar 27, 2022
No be chinedu I dey see so!!....ah ah! Nwanna !! Kee'ije!!........owu ebe a k'ipasa?....ewuu chimuo!!

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Oyiboman69: 7:46am On Mar 27, 2022
Bendown boutique for USA?....

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2022
aysuprano:
It’s the banner quote for me

“If you can’t find it here quit looking”

Lol

They don’t sell food stuffs there ?
They sell naa.
Fruits basically!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 7:54am On Mar 27, 2022
Oyiboman69:
Bendown boutique for USA?....
grin grin grin
Yes naaaa
But makes sense.
Good Fairly used Tablets & phones too.
Too many Good shoes.
... na so their open market be too, but neat with very very minimal noise.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of An Open Market In The United States by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 27, 2022
isaiah4life:
This is beautiful, but must you guys insult Nigeria everytime.

We always look for ways to ridicule our country. Abegi! That attitude sucks.

All the same, nice shot, sir. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.
@Isaiah4Life,
I don't think anyone has ridiculed Nigeria on this page so far. People just stated the reality.
We have to improve on environmental sanitation.
IF you relocate abroad, you may feel more terrible than some of us feel here.
AFRICA is truly blessed.
You wouldn't understand.
Have you witnessed an earthquake before?
I have witnessed it more than 20 times.
In fact, we receive alerts on our phones when it's about happening.
So, Africa is blessed.
All we need is Organization & to do away with too many unnecessary issues impeding advancement.
We empower Agberos too much in Nigeria.
In Fact I have seen university graduates who resorted to Agbero wey of life to export money from business owners & motorists.

Sound minds should start occupying strategic positions in Nigeria. Enough of all these Agbero.

110 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Soldier Dragged By A Tipper Driver At Fadeyi, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Dilapidated Nature Of Oyebanjo Street, Ketu Lagos That Swallowed Two Kids / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.