Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience (14568 Views)

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience / Who Has Served Or Worked With FAME Foundation Abuja? / 7 Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Shemadex(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
folake4u:
I had a good Boss when I was working.
She was everything! kiss
everything like

His doin it abi

Se oye e
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by nnamdi640: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
eminikansoso:
Best boss ever.
My best boss is Chief Bumazek.
He taught me three things that keep me going.
1. Anything that swallow dick swallow money and time.
2. A poor Man doesn't put hand in pocket unless he want to disgrace his identity.
3. A dead man doesn't make noise.

In the beginning I taught is a comic but when time goes I came to realize the gravity of these words.
Thanks to him in a million times.
That number one is a strong word for those that have ears

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Maxxim: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
Unlike others I don't do corporate work, I base in construction, last few weeks an old customer introduced me to one of his son an Engineer, after speaking with the son he only asked me to come with my working tools and two journeymen, the address we met with em was a big hotel here in lag, He bought drinks and talk about the blueprints of the job.
At night he told me ladies are available for us to enjoy ourselves, we only drank with my team all night we didn't do grin all through the week.
At weekend when I was about to collect our remaining balance, he gave us the sum we supposed to use to nack plus our balance, he said that's how he does for his workers, I was fvcking surprised cos I've never experienced that in my life. I pray God continue to bless em, it was unexpected.

5 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
This is a really positive and refreshing thread! I love.

7 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by OpenheavensPC: 2:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
John Egwu, SVP East Africa at AutoChek

Best boss I have worked with. Super smart, respectful, a Christian through and through.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by beey2(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
He practically forced me to go back to school. I had my good O'Level WAEC result when working with him, gave me money to register and write UME and ATS (ICAN) Exams which I passed with flying colours. I left his organization because I got admitted into a reputable University. Only God can reward Mr. Kunle Oreofe (A), may God bless him and his family beyond imagination. Amen.

13 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by eminikansoso(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2022
nnamdi640:
That number one is a strong word for those that have ears
My brother that saves me a lot.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
I worked in a school and at first was intimidated by the stern lady but she’s actually one of the best ladies to work with I just continued what I was being paid for as if I was the only one in the office and presented it and left and at the event smiled watching them celebrate themselves glad I helped when I did
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Positiveme2020: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2022
eminikansoso:
Best boss ever.
2. A poor Man doesn't put hand in pocket unless he want to disgrace his identity.

In the beginning I taught is a comic but when time goes I came to realize the gravity of these words.
That number 1 carry weight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by FaceTanke: 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mr Wallah at Mikano

He left tho

He was barely 25, a Lebanese, encouraged me to go back to school

6 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Dollarremix(m): 2:26pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oga precious
( P Concern)
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by delightglobal(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
They say women are difficult to work with.. but in my own case, i have been working with women and they have been so wonderful
zeenaman:
Last week, a topic was trending about toxicity in workplace, and the experiences shared by people were inundating. That's not to say there are no good places to work in Nigeria. There are some organizations in Nigeria that have international standard when it comes to employees welfare, but as Nigerians that we are, we only dwell on toxic places and make it look like there are no good bosses anywhere in Nigeria.

I believe what's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander. With that said, let's celebrate our good bosses and organizations on this thread. Share your experience working with a good boss and organization
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by freesoul12: 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
MT5
MT5
MT5
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2022
My current team lead, the dude is so smart but doesn't make plenty noise in the company, he has confidence in himself.

People have numerously tried to challenge his knowledge, that's where the beast in him comes out & you'll know he his not a small fry.

He recognises your effort and praises you when you do well, when you do badly he tells you but doesn't shove it down your throat.

You can ask for Sick Leaves without looking like you're going to get fired before you come back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by kernniejay(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Abfinest007:
They say women are very difficult to work with but till date .she is still d best ever I work with
What kind of narration is this, No head, no tail. Who and what made her the best. (I don't need your explanantion though)
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by BESTScientist1: 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
Js
eminikansoso:
Best boss ever.

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Justkatty(f): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
My current boss is the best her only problem is that she listens to side talk too much, especially when it comes from her second in command.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2022
zeenaman:
Last week, a topic was trending about toxicity in workplace, and the experiences shared by people were inundating. That's not to say there are no good places to work in Nigeria. There are some organizations in Nigeria that have international standard when it comes to employees welfare, but as Nigerians that we are, we only dwell on toxic places and make it look like there are no good bosses anywhere in Nigeria.

I believe what's sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander. With that said, let's celebrate our good bosses and organizations on this thread. Share your experience working with a good boss and organization
My current boss. Princess. She's the best boss ever. She believes in me more than I believe in myself. If not for her I for no know where I go dey. She's like a big sis, she never holds grudges even after displaying anger at her in public which is very wrong. She's just the best

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by kernniejay(m): 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mr. Dele Gbolade of Crested Consult Ltd, Lagos. What a wonderful man! He motivates his staff to work, he gist with them like team mate, he never used harsh words on anybody. Even though the company had a small beginning at that time, he would give us Christmas rice and some other bonuses every December, something even Government offices cannot afford. God bless you and family Brother Dele and prosper all you do, amen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by LyfeJennings(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
my present boss is an oloriburuku

2 Likes

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2022
Cecilia Ibru. A mother to many children in Oceanic Bank.
zeenaman:

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by victorazy(m): 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Architect Kico Foster from Spain & Arc. Wale
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by dododawa1: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
Leedayk international limited boss is the best.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by scobaba: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2022
An Italian.

A man from God.
Sad we worked together for just a year before he was transferred back to home country.

God bless you sir. A good man u are.

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2022
All the bosses I have being privileged to work with.They were good and excellent in their own ways. Especially my SAN daddies. Just a pity I always left cos I wanted more court time.

No regret anyway. It got me to where I am today.

How I have all the court time in the world and I am now the one missing dates cos I don’t wanna die young.
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Duduyankee1: 2:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
The best Boss I have worked with is Mr Olabode of the then afribank and Mrs olubobokun. Not because they are nice to me alone but they are nice to the job they took. If govts agencies are being managed by such person like Olabode and olubobokun Mrs whose names are more important to them than the money they make from the office they managed, tribalism or religion sentiment had no place in to their office. Yet they are devoted Muslim and christian, maybe Nigeria would have been the true giant of Africa. God bless the real mentor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Kpobaridaniel(m): 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2022
Mrs. Abule of HALLEL COLLEGE PH

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by topman022: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
Yes ooo, Ceo (mb)
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by ekenweohia: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
J

1 Like

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by ebuka1511(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nice topic OP, I am happy where I am now, I started out with a toxic boss, the type that whenever a message drops into your outlook and its his name, you are already on your edges. My God those years in PH were my worst years, there are days I wake up, I just feel deflated, the urge and zeal to go to work are just not there, even when all my KPIs are at the top. Made lots of savings in our departmental budget, a major fallout entails the dramatic reduction of 3PL providers. These and more drew the hell on me. Even when funds from my departmental budget under my purview and control was been used to charge for expenditures in other activities outside my TORs, I made no noise about it and let sleeping dogs lie (Done by my boss, a vivide occasion he made an expenditure for the purchase of an automatic sweeper machine, cost 12M, (real cost 6M) on my budget, while he has his own budget) , yet it still would not make my boss happy. I did all I could to optimize resources within the department, initiated new KPIs, brought out new actionable benchmarks far above the existing ones, yet to my direct boss I was distorting the cart.

Even when I had my first baby and son, I was not given a day off, I remember I had to join my wife in the hospital after the closing of work. It was that bad. I finally left, stayed 1 year and 6 months without a job, and also with our second child, a daughter. This happens without any medical insurance (As I have left the company) and then later within the year, losing our last savings of 2M naira to MMM.

However, God is God and the break came in the Dec. of 2016, Maiduguri it stated and a female boss. Where ever you Ms, Patience Foya, a nice Zimbabwean lady, my God will always keep and protect you always. With her, I knew the workplace is meant to be like a team, we all succeed if we work together. From here, I learned, been a team player does not end at getting your part of the job done rightly rather getting your job done rightly and assisting others lagging within the team to also get their parts done rightly.

To show you how good she was, my direct boss gave me the link to a job opening with my current job description in another agency that pays double what my current employer pays and really encouraged me to apply, as the job is a good fit and I would also have a more bright and wider scope of job experience there. This is basically against all referrer ethics, but she did it because she saw what I did not see. This I did, and true to her, I got the offer after all the rigorous and lengthy written and oral interview sessions.

Coming to this new organization, I was also lucky to have one of the best in our field for a boss. Desalegn Seifu Damtew, my supervisor in this new organization was all I could ask for, a father, a boss, a colleague and a friend all in one package. By the way, he is an Ethiopian and one of the best. He really exposed me to lots of training materials and further training in the organization. In all so grateful for these wonderful angels in human form. Seems I am been repaid for all the ordeals I went through in my first workplace with the toxic boss. My goal now is to replicate all the benefits I have enjoyed from these wonderful bosses to colleagues I am currently supervising.

In all, a good boss will bring out the best you never know is in you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2022
Omo e get one boss wer i work with almost 6months the man no pay my salary Him de use the money give girls wer he see for road sometimes him de carry girls go his house go do juju but he don married during those days wife was not around she bin traval this type of work wer i do for him na filling gas...ooo i collect him that shop key and hold up to 2month the man come house and beg me say i should return the key to him he will pay me, him talk say he will pay me 5k per months, till now i no see the money but his gas air always enter inside somebody cyclinder but na me fill pass the boss

naso i call him boss ghost
Re: The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience by hakm5: 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:
Bayo Sanni - Megahaul Logistics (and now Country Manager, Oracle Nigeria)
Pastor Dimeji Matesun (PDM) - SVNL
Judith

Bayo and PDM where very very influential in my early career. Bayo gave me my first break after NYSC, leading a team to deploy, manage and support a Warehouse Management System for P&G National DC.

PDM drove my development in Business Intelligence and System deployment. I remember deploying a Business Management Solution for SVNL that gave him 100% of his entire operations in 13 outlets across the country sitting from anywhere in the world. He was so excited about it after hunting such a solution for years. Best thing was that it was a free cloud solution that cost him nothing but gave him so much business intelligence he could easily set strategy for the entire business

"Ju Ju" was a big motivator. Worked with her only a few weeks but her drive and execution remain with me till this day

I must know you because I worked with pastor dimeji matesun. In matrix, who are you? My name is hakeem. I worked directly Segun Ayeobasan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Civil Engineering Vs Architecture / It's International Nurses' Week- What Do You Have To Say About Nurses? / 8 Types Of People You’ll Find In Every Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.