Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me (269 Views)

Fraudulent Act By Rapid Naira Loan App / PHOTOS : How Do I Track A Fraudulent POS Transaction? / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Medley(m): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2022
I am really scared and I would want to know if I should be afraid and perhaps what can I do at this point.

On Saturday, March 26, A scammer called my phone and was claiming to be in the same group I was and that there is a code that I should revert to him and I should put my phone on loud speaker, when I checked my messages I saw that it was an SMS of a code from WhatsApp which could mean that my account want to be set up on another phone, I immediately told him he is a scammer and shouldn't call my line again.

Today, March 27, 2022 I have been receiving calls from different phone numbers that barely last for 2 Seconds and will cut off and when I try to call the phone lines back the service provider will return the call that the phone number I am trying to call is not assigned - this was a phone number that just called me and I can't call back.

I have received phone calls from six of those kind of phone numbers between 4pm to 4:45pm.

Please who have an idea of what is happening? Are they trying to defraud me with a new method I don't know of? Is this a new scheme for fraudsters? Should I be worried as I have had to remove my SIM from my phone to avoid receiving more of the calls.

@mynd44 @OM4J please help me to get this to more eyes for immediate assistance
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:13pm On Mar 27, 2022
Don't fall for any cheap nonsense in which you will have to provide your personal information. undecided
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Marketgists(f): 5:15pm On Mar 27, 2022
Take care of your data
Check my signature please
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Jagznation(m): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2022
I get same calls from from foreign numbers it rings for some seconds then go off I don't even bother calling back
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by matrixmuzi: 5:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Don’t call those numbers back. It’s a type of scam when u call the number back they will wipe off ur call credit. Check the numbers are always foreign numbers either Russia or from an African country. They just flash u and expect u to call back.
Ignore them. Never try to call them back.
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Medley(m): 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Don't fall for any cheap nonsense in which you will have to provide your personal information. undecided

I had to take off my SIM card to feel safe
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Nackzy: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2022
Somone is trying to hack your WhatsApp, all you need to do is to change your security code again
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by FERNANDEZISBACK: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2022
Medley:

I had to take off my SIM card to feel safe
Do as I said and stay safe.. wink
Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by Medley(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
matrixmuzi:
Don’t call those numbers back. It’s a type of scam when u call the number back they will wipe off ur call credit. Check the numbers are always foreign numbers either Russia or from an African country. They just flash u and expect u to call back.
Ignore them. Never try to call them back.

The phone numbers are Nigerian lines

Re: Is There A Possibility That A Fraudulent Act Is Being Targeted On Me by dawnomike(m): 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2022
You have something that they want... Brace up for the moments ahead

(1) (Reply)

Should I Sue Glo To Court For This? / Help, Don't Know What To Do. / Soludo's Unguarded Utterances Caused Insecurity Resurgence In Anambra- Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.