Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,618 members, 7,840,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' (29968 Views)

Their Bullets Couldn’t Penetrate My Body - Oba Adebayo Fatoba On How He Escaped / Fight Breaks After A Nigerian Man Slapped An Oyinbo For Raining Insults On Him / Security Guard Slaps Lady For Raining Insults On Him At An Eatery (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by samuel051: 9:32am On Mar 28, 2022
thatigboman1:
exactly my thought. Reporting the crime after aiding and abetting the criminal. Why not zoom off the moment the guy came out with the jerrycan of diesel that u suspected was stolen?
I tire for d guy. Medicine after death.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by 1opinion: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2022
I'm more concerned about you... hope they wouldn't think you are one of the accomplice when the cctv video clip is played.
HopeSpencer:
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

"Express", he shouted at me again with the air of mounting irascibility.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2022
To be honest, your writing skill is impeccable. I enjoyed every bit of it. Look for a way to monetize it.

7 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Olam09(m): 9:35am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!

The truth is 40% of the workers knew about the theft.. the guy behind the CCTV camera monitor will delete the footage.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bisqit: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2022
DigitalStepdad:
Nicely scripted ... good conflict both internal and external..the resolution was none existent tho as we didnt get to find out if he paid you or not.

I dont believe the story tho but I enjoyed the read.

whats the past participle of read
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bigeagleeye(m): 9:37am On Mar 28, 2022
Wisdomnuw:
hmmm! Maybe he found nothing to steal in the apartment he went into. Such a disappointment.

Nigerians should should read this URGENTLY

If your salary is less than $1000 monthly, you need to SLOWLY read this. It is no longer news that regular individuals can work online and earn money LEGITIMATELY.

STOP paying for all these so called investment that promises to double your funds.

Join CPA affiliate marketing where USA companies like Microsoft, Dell, Macys, Vonage, Hostgator, Walmart, Godaddy and many more pay you IN DOLLARS by promoting their brands.
Rather than doubt, why don’t you ask questions (proof from successful trainees)
We can show you several accounts of our trainees who shared screenshots of their earnings, most people keep struggling and wondering how others are finding it easy in life, CPA marketing does the magic.

What we will do for you
***We will help you apply and get approved by these companies
***We will train you on how to earn US Dollars every day (PAID TRAINING)
***Within 24-48hrs of enrolling, you will earn $465 guaranteed
***Our team are experts at promoting these companies; the average trainee would earn at least $2500 monthly.
***You will be representing name brands in the US and they would pay you as a partner

How to start

Click on my profile to see proof and how to contact us https://www.nairaland.com/evansja
There is a paid training with a FIRM refund policy, if you do not earn as promised, training fee will be refunded, with ₦15000 refunded just for inconveniencing you.

The last paragraph which suppose to be the most important one isn't clear..are you saying the training is N15,000 or aside refunding the training fee, you're paying N15,000 for inconveniencing unsatisfied enrollee?

You won't find it strange if I say it's hard to trust this in today's Naija, so can you just work out how the training fee can be removed from the first $400plus that is guaranteed, why the back and forth..to avoid bank charges here and there! wink
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by DigitalStepdad: 9:37am On Mar 28, 2022
bisqit:
whats the past participle of read
I will have to get paid to answer that but if you wont pay then google it .

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bisqit: 9:38am On Mar 28, 2022
truthCoder:

You write well (compared to the average Nigerian of today’s educational process)

Consider taking some online lessons on fiction writing and possibly start writing.
btw soyinka and achebe who's your fav writer?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 28, 2022
You sure say you be okada man
Or a fictional writer? undecided

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bisqit: 9:44am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

You lack the ability to comprehend a simple write-up. You can't easily come to a conclusion that the person is a thief in that situation. The hotel almost filled to the brim with merrymakers at the time judging from the blaring music at the open spaces in the hotel compound and security guards were stationed there.
do you know in the eye of the law you are an accomplice and i can arrest and charge you for aiding and abetting crime.

2 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by KosiGee(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

You tried your best not to sound stnpid. I know the shop where he sold his loot and his final destination, which is a gated apartment -- probably where he lives.

Your story was funny… grin grin grin…but you didn’t tell us how much he paid you and if he paid…

You must have learnt one or two things from the fuel thief. You’ve started to swear unnecessarily.

You are funny though cheesy I can imagine his desperation to get away from the crime scene and his frustration that you weren’t as fast as his previous riders and then your patience and exasperation swallowing all those insults so you’d get your pay at the end of the operation.

You are an accomplice. I hope you know that?

2 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Dest8sman: 9:45am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.

Hantie, me I'm not understanding
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Buffalo2(m): 9:46am On Mar 28, 2022
Shey the hotel that is not that far from Durbar Police station ko ni? Something you can just move him straight to the Station and finish the case at once. It's like you were more concerned about your money than reporting the crime or get the guy arrested abi melo ni gbogbo Oyo naa gan sef.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bisqit: 9:46am On Mar 28, 2022
DigitalStepdad:
I will have to get paid to answer that but if you wont pay then google it .
true or false the writer is an accomplice?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by NGArmyTerrorist: 9:48am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Tenisam: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2022
It's better you don't report because one way or the other you are an accomplice so far the guy use you as the getaway driver. Just let it be

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Dshocker(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

So did you finally report?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by olanrewaju99(m): 9:53am On Mar 28, 2022
Kingpee2:
Just be careful ,imagine reporting to the manager that might also be an accomplice to the theft and you being labeled the real thief ,Ko ya loook away o if you want peace...
best advice is just look away, Nigeria police can be funny sometimes. Just let it go with time the truth will set in.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bisqit: 9:54am On Mar 28, 2022
Gentlerespect76:
Your level of grammatical competence proves to me you are in need of a job commensurate with your level of education. This I have seen. May God give you a very good job to take you off the streets.
your kind of grammatical jargons gives me goosebumps reminiscent of an erudite professor from a foremost citadel of high repute. I hereby inquire of your academic particulars

2 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by SunTzu123(m): 9:55am On Mar 28, 2022
I guess you didn't think about this; if the CCTV was properly installed and functional, you are automatically the "getaway" driver!

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Tonytonex(m): 9:59am On Mar 28, 2022
LOL very funny. Only the heading don make me laugh.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Aplaudez(m): 10:00am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

Begonia Hotel, very close to my side, I stay around Awe junction, it surprises me a bike man in oyo can type fluently well like this, God bless your hustle boss, you didn't complete the story, did he later pay you

3 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Tonytonex(m): 10:05am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

are you sure you are an Okada man? This your grammar strong oh. Your English clean. Kudos!
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by DaveHarry(m): 10:07am On Mar 28, 2022
Matter that is not your own, you want to carry it on your head, @op, people have went missing cos of matters like dis. Leave Dem to their stealing. After all, the quantity is nothing compared to the one stolen from Nigeria each day.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Gentlerespect76: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2022
bisqit:
your kind of grammatical jargons gives me goosebumps reminiscent of an erudite professor from a foremost citadel of high repute. I hereby inquire of your academic particulars
Hahaha, you have seen something, and said something. You know, this is a faceless forum; and everything you want you can find.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by bluefilm: 10:10am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

Just one question I'd like to ask: Did he later pay you for your services?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by deavicky(m): 10:11am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

the only thing I pick from this ur story is that this country is finished. An educated man who can read and write in this manner, Is now forced to ride Okada for a living.

3 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by oshaosha2014(m): 10:12am On Mar 28, 2022
Nigerians! You employ them like this na to finish you and destroy your business them go dey look for. They want quick riches on someone else's sweat. Please you people should stop blaming Nigerian leaders oh! Because they are your people and from your society. They are a reflection of what the average Nigerian is when resources are in their control.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by SmartPolician: 10:12am On Mar 28, 2022
You write so well to be riding okada.

You can make a lot of money from content writing and copywriting.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by deavicky(m): 10:14am On Mar 28, 2022
Paxxcarl:
You sure say you be okada man
Or a fictional writer? undecided
the English too much abi?.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by oliverwrites: 10:16am On Mar 28, 2022
truthCoder:

You write well (compared to the average Nigerian of today’s educational process)

Consider taking some online lessons on fiction writing and possibly start writing.
I am willing to offer him a job as a writer in my content writing company. The pay is between 150k - 200k monthly can go as high as 1m monthly if my clients really like his work.

pierreojo 101 at gmail do com ( remove all spaces and replace at with @ ).

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eze Harrison Arinze, Fraud Suspect Duped Victims In 13 Countries – EFCC / Police Corporal Shoots Tricyclist, Kills Mother Of Four Over N100 / Lagos Thugs Slaughter Five After Naming Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.