Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,197 members, 7,796,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' (29875 Views)

Their Bullets Couldn’t Penetrate My Body - Oba Adebayo Fatoba On How He Escaped / Fight Breaks After A Nigerian Man Slapped An Oyinbo For Raining Insults On Him / Security Guard Slaps Lady For Raining Insults On Him At An Eatery (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Dbryan1: 10:20am On Mar 28, 2022
deavicky:
the only thing I pick from this ur story is that this country is finished. An educated man who can read and write in this manner, Is now forced to ride Okada for a leaving.
*living

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by tunwumi: 10:33am On Mar 28, 2022
This is enough for a serious business owner to take action and even contact you for a business prospect.

HopeSpencer:
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

"Express", he shouted at me again with the air of mounting irascibility.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by 2braithe: 10:36am On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.

You think with your clitoris.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by deavicky(m): 10:43am On Mar 28, 2022
Dbryan1:
*living
thanks
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Godispeace: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Better go report to the police or the hotel management or owner if u scared of the manager , if the CCTV pick u along the thief as u are carrying him on your bike, Brother u are an accomplice ooooooo. it would have been better u dont carry him at all in the first place

ignore this at ur own peril

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by morkaz(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2022
Op, please it's better you report this as you might be tag his accomplice if the hotel get to know of the theft through the CCTV especially if you are captioned.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Fox12(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2022
i am very certain that this OP isn't an okada Rider.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by flexyrule(m): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:
I saw a thief in action two days ago. It happened at the main gate of a 4-Star hotel called BEGONIA hotel in Oyo town. The hotel is located along Oyo-Ibadan expressway.

About 8:20 pm that day, I was passing by the main gate of the said hotel when a guy standing in front of the gate signalled to me for a ride; I'm into Okada riding business. The street was without any passerby at the time except me, who was loitering to pick up passengers. The guy asked me to wait and he quickly went back into the hotel and resurfaced about 3 seconds later with a loaded 50 litres jerrican probably filled with diesel or engine oil. He quickly sat on my bike, dragged the jerrican, and placed it on the passenger's foot rack.

"Speed off in this direction", he shouted at me without telling me his destination let alone giving me the chance to negotiate the price for the journey.

"To where?" I asked.

That 'Express' he mentioned is a trailer park along the expressway, a thriving market for bunkered petroleum products. The direction he asked me to take was not straightforward. We had to follow some obscure streets before getting back to the expressway.

Then the insults began when he asked me to increase speed. I told him I was being cautious to avoid an accident because his heavy load was not balanced and I was using great efforts to steer the bike to safety. Then he said other riders have been engaging in high speed despite the load with ease.

Speaking my mother's tongue, "Your ilk should never be found as an Okada rider because only old men approaching the grave ride this way. I needed to get out of sight within split-seconds and you were acting like a dumb rider", he said.

He later asked me to stop in front of a shop, took the loaded jerrican inside and came back 5 minutes later. He told me his new destination, while raining more invectives on me. I had to be patient with him so that he could pay his transport fare in full -- someone that could boldly steal in a location with CCTV cameras may decide not to pay to me the amount of money I was yet to tell him. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you that the guy, in connivance with an insider, just stole something from the hotel.

I checked the hotel's website for a contact through which I can report the theft or whatever that is, and I found an email and phone numbers probably under the manager's control. If they are putting their CCTV to good use, they won't need me to report the theft. I was not trying to report the theft as a good citizen; I needed to get back at the thief because of the insults I suffered without being able to reply him. Good riddance!
If not for the type of f*cked up country we're in.... How will someone as sound as this be doing Okada?
OP, please, I respect your hustle oooo. But you're too good for this.

2 Likes

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by GloriousGbola: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2022
DigitalStepdad:
Nicely scripted ... good conflict both internal and external..the resolution was none existent tho as we didnt get to find out if he paid you or not.

I dont believe the story tho but I enjoyed the read.

Correct jare. One of my bad resurrected habits is carrying 25 litres petrol on okada, rather than driving into the station close to my place.

There is no way you can carry a full 50 litre Jerrycan on an okada. A 50 litre Jerry can is extremely hard to lift for long distances if you are not well built. Now imagine balancing that on an okada.

Theft is always in conjunction with ogas and done undercover of darkness or with other items being moved out.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Titugirl(f): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2022
A bike man that writes this good
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Pharaoh4rin(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Are you truly an okada rider? Your choice of words speaks better of that trade. Anyways, keep ur head up
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Snitch24(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2022
Thanks for this op
I'm a staff in the same hotel
I've sent you a mail
we would appreciate if you can come to the hotel

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Snitch24(m): 11:06am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

Hello sir
Please reply your private Mail
I'm a staff of the hotel and investigation is on going at the moment

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by AMI3(m): 11:12am On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

If I insult u now u will not say like. U wrote this article as an educated person but I am disappointed in u. Becarefull of your business many innocent person have died for things they don't know and many are in the prison for things they don't know.
Please becarefull of what u do. Don't be so anxious of making money.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by opera1(m): 11:21am On Mar 28, 2022
Snitch24:

Hello sir

Please leave him alone, he has done his part, do your part if you are one of the staff truely.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by OneTwoOne(m): 11:41am On Mar 28, 2022
Tinubu do, e no pay
NaijaOlosho:
Tinubu must not be allowed
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Dikegodspower(m): 12:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
Oga learn to be minding your okada business. Tomorrow now,they will be wondering what killed you

HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Emmanuel30a: 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Truvelisback(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

Bro, don't do anything that would implicate urself in a crime u know nothing abt. Don't u like the way u are enjoying ur commercial transportation without one headache or the other? Would u want anything that would distract u from ur daily business? Like coming to Police station frequently, writing Police report of something u know something abt, they could even detain u or assume that u are his accomplice etc. It's not every good that is good to do. Some good can land u into trouble or even take ur life.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Germi9: 12:11pm On Mar 28, 2022
Did he pay you Yes or No haba!!
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Lawize: 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
You write/speak very well.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by truthCoder: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
bisqit:
btw soyinka and achebe who's your fav writer?

Soyinka.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by SeanBeezy(m): 1:59pm On Mar 28, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

A thief insulting you is the best thing ever to happen to someone. Because it gives you this motivation to go stealing so that you can insult someone too.
this is the dumbest thing I've heard since this year!
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by izibili44: 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
grin wink grin grin Dem no dey tell man that.
Candidlady:
Be very careful

You didn't tell us how much he paid you las las
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by ceaser: 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2022
Ẹ no go better for the terrible leaders of that country Nigeria.

You have no business riding okada. Where you should be is within the four walls of the classroom teaching literacy in English or at least making cool money from being an author or even an editor.

I hope you have plans to either study further or at least japa to overseas from the clutches of those dealers who call themselves leaders, to a place where your knowledge will be put to good use of the society.

Hah! Okada with this level of impeccable English you have? Toh! I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Veeryeasy(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2022
Na okada rider dey knack this English?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by notmyrealmonika: 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
HopeSpencer:

"To where?" I asked.

I am wowed at the way you write.. I stay in Oyo and I know Begonia at Ilora well. I am surprise reading this on here on nairaland and for someone who calls himself okada rider.... I mean no offense bro but anyone who lives in Oyo will understand what I am saying... I know that is not what you are and I sincerely pray that God should answer your prayers and set you on high... Amen... I will like to meet you one of these days.. I stay in mabolaje and I have followed you here... By the way, did the management of begonia respond? I sense a collaboration with an insider.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
Eriokanmi:
After all, hope he still paid you.

OP, I salute you. See how eloquent you were... I don't need any magician to tell me you're a graduate and very intelligent. Please can you share your email with me here? I don't need to ask what you studied or which college did you graduate from. See you, doing an okada business but a lot of your peers are into yahooyahoo and ritual killings that would end up ending their lives abruptly. They don't want to work.

By the way, you took a great risk. Thank God he didn't shoot at you, knowing that you've already marked his face and destination. Don't bother reporting the case because police would even make the matter worse. Dey do your business jeejelly until your status changes for the better and avoid that route, for now cos the walls have ears. By the time the case is reported, so the neighbours wouldn't think you're his cohort and police would start dealing with you...some people couid have sighted you unknowingly. Every day for the thief, but one day forth owner...it's a local adage. He will surely face his comeuppance.

blastfemi44@gmail.com

Thanks!
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2022
KosiGee:

Your story was funny… grin grin grin…but you didn’t tell us how much he paid you and if he paid…

You must have learnt one or two things from the fuel thief. You’ve started to swear unnecessarily.

You are funny though cheesy I can imagine his desperation to get away from the crime scene and his frustration that you weren’t as fast as his previous riders and then your patience and exasperation swallowing all those insults so you’d get your pay at the end of the operation.

You are an accomplice. I hope you know that?

All of shouting 'accomplice' up and down, I hope it's not a new word to you... There are many passengers like that will just ask you to follow a direction probably not wanting to describe a location not well known to them. Immediately the guy asked me to wait, he looked like a worker sent on errand because the gate was being manned by a security guard. It was when he got to his destination I concluded that the thing was stolen because he didn't return to the hotel.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 4:23pm On Mar 28, 2022
bluefilm:

Just one question I'd like to ask: Did he later pay you for your services?

He paid.
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by Eriokanmi: 4:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
DigitalStepdad:
Nicely scripted ... good conflict both internal and external..the resolution was none existent tho as we didnt get to find out if he paid you or not.

I dont believe the story tho but I enjoyed the read.

You don't have to believe. Regardless,
such happens on a daily basis along 2nd toll gate going to ibadan feom lagos, Ogere to be precise. He also mentioned the name of the hotel in oyi. It didn't look scripted to me at anyway...different strokes for different folks. On Saturday,a similar event happened here but on a large scale. Robbers intercepted a whole trailer load of pms. They took the truck away and emptied the tank. The driver and accompany were wounded but the RRS intercepted eventually those guys around 4am. They arrested them and collected their gun and knives. It was posted here with pictures. What would you say about that...scripted?
Re: How A Thief Rained Insults On Me Before He 'Escaped' by HopeSpencer: 4:49pm On Mar 28, 2022
Snitch24:

Hello sir

I can't log in to that naira land email. Mail me on blastfemi44@gmail.com. I can't tell who you are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Robber Killed, 3 Arrested As Police Foil Cult Initiation In Delta (Pics) / Attacks On Fulani Settlements In Taraba Villages, Many Killed, 120 Houses Burnt / Soldiers Storm Anyigba Kogi After 6 People Were Killed During Cult War. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.