Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars (943 Views)

See What Whites Are Saying About Tem's Recent Dress To The Oscars / Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by olatade(m): 4:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars
Telepictures Production
FREE - In Google Play
VIEW

ABC
WILL SMITH
SMACKS CHRIS ROCK AT THE OSCARS ...
'Keep My Wife's Name Out Your F****** Mouth!!!'

3/27/2022 7:50 PM PT
UPDATE8:01 PM PT -- Will Smith seems to have some people in his corner ... including Denzel Washington and Tyler Perry, who were seen comforting him after the show went to break.

The two actors could be seen chatting to WS off to the side, and they eventually led him back to his table ... where he was embraced by someone else. Will is said to have been apparently wiping tears from his eyes.
It's unclear if he'll be allowed to stay for the rest of the show.
In a truly shocking moment, Will Smith just smacked Chris Rock in the face after the comedian made a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith at The Oscars.

Chris was up on stage Sunday presenting for Best Documentary, but before he started naming the nominees ... he was firing off zingers to the crowd, and eventually landed on Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.

ABC
Chris made a comment about Jada's shaved head ... saying he couldn't wait to see 'G.I. Jane 2' -- which got some groans from the crowd, to which he just sorta shrugged off.

Chris didn't think he'd crossed a line, but Will clearly did ... because he stormed the stage and literally socked the dude in the face. A stunned Rock exclaimed, "Wow. Will Smith just smacked the s*** outta me."

ABC
The American broadcast on ABC muted, and even froze, but in other countries it continued ... and Will shouted "Keep my wife's name out your f****** mouth" twice to Chris.

Chris eventually gained his composure again and carried on with handing out the Oscar, but the room was left tense with a sense of unease.

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock At The Oscars
THE OSCARS SLAP
LAUNCH GALLERY
Getty
Jada has been public with her alopecia diagnosis for a good while, documenting her struggle with hair

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/27/will-smith-smack-punch-chris-rock-joke-jada-oscars/

1 Like

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 28, 2022
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to them, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Totilopussylick(m): 4:54am On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by heniford2: 4:56am On Mar 28, 2022
That's what happens when you end up marrying a hoe, smith should take heart Jada of a lady a drug addict and a mockery to womanhood Really messed up Smith but am still trying to understand why smith no break up with her ass,guys never fall deeply in love with any woman let your woman love be greater than yours in doing so your safegrin

1 Like

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by BabalawoPikin(m): 4:59am On Mar 28, 2022
Hahaha
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by wearsandtrends1: 5:13am On Mar 28, 2022
Dont remember will smacking alsina
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Hope1110(f): 5:28am On Mar 28, 2022
That's bad
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Cholls(m): 5:28am On Mar 28, 2022
heniford2:
That's what happens when you end up marrying a hoe, smith should take heart Jada of a lady a drug addict and a mockery to womanhood Really messed up Smith but am still trying to understand why smith no break up with her ass,guys never fall deeply in love with any woman let your woman love be greater than yours in doing so your safegrin
my brother Shut the fvck-up before you smacked the fvck-up
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by chiedu7: 5:30am On Mar 28, 2022
This is the year of famous slaps by the famous

1st it was Bianca slapping sense into Mrs Obiano

Now we have Will Smith behaving like a thug slapping Chris Rock for joke

Bianca's slap to me is still tops
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by eazzzy1(m): 5:36am On Mar 28, 2022
I hope Chris press charges. Assault on live TV. That’s if Will doesn’t get cancelled.

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by heniford2: 5:36am On Mar 28, 2022
Cholls:
yo! WTF is wrong with yo! grin i just give yo an advice u wanna end up like Smith yo!
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by olatade(m): 5:43am On Mar 28, 2022
What Chris said was completely unnecessary and now he’ll think twice before spouting off stuff about people who have no control over their medical conditions.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Afonjashapmouth: 5:45am On Mar 28, 2022
This is one crazy thing about Foreign comedians. They do not know boundaries WIll Smith was definitely wrong to have climbed that stage to display such immaturity and also yell his throat out like a 5yr old kid after laughing at the same joke but in other to please his husband had to run that little show of shame. There is always an after-show or the use of your page to make a PSA about nobody making no jokes about you and your family hence. I also always wonder why they pick on each other with a serious life crisis. Nick Canon suffers one of the biggest blows but anyway he was wise to convert that into money. This is one thing we don't do in Africa because we know this is the hub for emotion and sentiments is our daily bread so pick on people's serious life issues at your own peril. Even Tuface doesn't find his own joke funny anymore and would outrightly attack you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Aufbauh(m): 5:47am On Mar 28, 2022
It's a lesson for all that,in life you don't joke with everything for free.
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Realhommie(m): 5:50am On Mar 28, 2022
heniford2:
Talking completely off point. The joke wasn't about her escapades, it was about her hair and she has a condition where she struggles with that, it's also public knowledge as it is documented so the joke was totally not necessary because of the sensitivity her case.

Will stood up for his wife, though i do not support his action. That's 2 wrongs there.
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by DropsMic(m): 5:54am On Mar 28, 2022
Will Smith just reinforced a stereotype
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by isaiah4life(m): 6:05am On Mar 28, 2022
At least this will imbue some sense into Nigeria's comedians, especially that Apororo of a guy. Who lnsult people under the covering of stand up. wink

Some jokes are way too expensive. Audit your jokes before saying it loud to the public.
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Karemarealty288(m): 6:09am On Mar 28, 2022
Bianca Slap Syndrome (BSS) don reach America in a week.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Kingjay007: 6:12am On Mar 28, 2022
Woot!
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Kingcalls: 6:28am On Mar 28, 2022
Will is a bonified simp
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Kingcalls: 6:32am On Mar 28, 2022
Cholls:

U should shut the 4k up simp .... will married a druggy hoe
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:34am On Mar 28, 2022
Will started laughing…Jada didn’t think the joke was funny, so Will went up and punched Chris for it. Drama drama drama!!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by SarkinYarki: 6:38am On Mar 28, 2022
The juju this Jada give will Smith no be here
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 28, 2022
Karemarealty288:
Bianca Slap Syndrome (BSS) don reach America in a week.

I dey tell u
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by heniford2: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2022
Realhommie:
Talking completely off point. The joke wasn't about her escapades, it was about her hair and she has a condition where she struggles with that, it's also public knowledge as it is documented so the joke was totally not necessary because of the sensitivity her case.

Will stood up for his wife, though i do not support his action. That's 2 wrongs there.
so will stood up to slap a dude because of his freaky wife abi
Re: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock Over Jada Joke at the Oscars by Realhommie(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
heniford2:
so will stood up to slap a dude because of his freaky wife abi
You no see wetin i write say i no support him actions?

But it's easy to judge people when you're not in their shoes. It could have been anyone else and anybody can snap at any given moment. Will isn't really known for that sort of behavior, he was probably caught up in his emotions. The good thing is he's apologized.

(1) (Reply)

Mike Tyson Offers $10million To The Man Who Offer To Marry His First Daughter / Burna Boy Launches Cannabis Brand Called Brkfast / Just In: (gistlover) Mohbad's Body Will Be Exhumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.