Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them (8817 Views)

Why Are Majority Of BOSS Or Manager So Greedy / Stop Calling Me Boss, You Are Misleading My Helpers, A Man Cries Out / Types Of Interviews’ You Might Come Across & How To Handle Them By Tunde Omotoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Pascopele: 2:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
As you progress in the professional world, you tend to work with different bosses – the good, the bad and the ugly.
. As a matter of fact, some bosses are so nice that you will always be happy while going to the office.

However, when you work with some terrible boss, you may regret ever joining the organization. Those that have worked with these people before can definitely relate.

You may actually be working in a great organization with juicy pay, but your boss can make going to work a nightmare for you. Irrespective of how hard you work, they never appreciate your effort. They always look forward to criticizing you and your job.

However, in this article, you will learn about the types of boss you will meet and how to handle them.

7 Types Of Boss You will Meet And How To Handle Them

#1. The Motivational Boss

Some Bosses are just too good. They always inspire you to carry out your task effectively and always correct in the most polite manner.

These bosses always put you first before considering themselves and are more concerned about your wellbeing. They are the best boss ever.

Note: Don’t try to take the simplicity of these bosses for stupidy, as you will see the demonish part of them. They will definitely use you as a scapegoat to other people around.

#2. The Inadequate Boss

This is also one of the types of boss you will meet. He is grossly inadequate and has no business with leading a team. As a matter of fact, he has no skill, no knowledge not even a leadership charisma, yet he is the boss.

Sometimes, an inadequate boss will have no idea of what to do in certain situations. However, instead of bad mouthing and proving to the world how inadequate this boss, make yourself useful to him.

Try to help him with critical tasks and this will make him rely on you over time. With this, people around will be noticing you including your boss’s boss, decision-makers and other top-notch executives.

#3. The Dictator

The Dictator is Mr. Know it all. They don’t listen to anybody’s opinion, rather they order everybody around. To put it differently, a dictator boss will always treat employees like a pawn in the game of chess. They will expect you to do exactly what you are told without an input.

You can actually change the game if you are working with a dictator. Try to always take ownership of the little task they assigned to you and do it beyond their expectation. With this, they will be delegating better task for you and this will make you a superstar employee in no time.

#4. The Blamer

A blamer is a boss who never takes responsibility for his actions. Interestingly, he will always acknowledge praise and direct criticism towards his subordinate.

What annoys me most about a blamer boss is that he never takes time to identify the cause of a problem, rather he just blames someone else for the team’s failure.

When working with a blamer always have facts and figures available at all time. Whenever he blames you on a particular issue, identify the problem and suggest a possible solution.

#5. The Credit Stealer

The credit stealer will always take all the credit for executing a particular project. They never acknowledge the fact that it is a team work, they take the credit and move on. Sadly, they will not even congratulate the employees for a work well done, he will just behave as if he did everything all alone. Oops! the credit stealer is always very annoying.

#6. The Toxic Boss

You don’t need a soothsayer to know that the toxic boss is the worst types of boss you will meet. There is no polite word in a toxic boss’s diction, in fact, verbally abusing employee is his second nature.

They make the office environment very hostile, unconducive and contribute to the low productivity of staff. It is always advisable to start looking for a new job when you are working with a toxic boss. Otherwise, you will be working with fear, we all know where that will lead to.

#7. The Eye Service Mafia

The eye service mafia is also among the types of bosses you will meet. They are generally very nice and guide you properly on the job. However, once they see their superior around, they will use you to shine.

In other words, they will want to scold you and make you feel incompetent so that their boss will applaud them for being effective in their supervisory capacity

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Emmanueltrinity(f): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2022
l
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Aboks(m): 2:20pm On Mar 28, 2022
Nic write up
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Izprince(m): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2022
My boss na number 6... nothing dey satisfy am... and e too dey carry woman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Pascopele: 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
grin
Izprince:

1 Like

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by MrValthegreat: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2022
VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!!
A foremost publishing company in Nigeria is hiring a Sales Representative in Asaba Delta State.
Qualifications:
B.Sc, HND, NCE or ND
If interested and qualified forward your CV to okparaval@gmail.com
Or by WhatsApp to 0703546278
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Oyindamolah: 1:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
A reputable Day and Boarding School with headquarters in Akobo area of Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title:
House Mistress
House Master
Subject teachers

Requirement
Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Benefit
There's FREE accommodation

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: mbahengwariconstane@gmail.com Or abrahamprecious@yahoo.com
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by fadairob: 1:26pm On Mar 29, 2022
Nice writeup...
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Vickkymanny: 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
Omo, just be ur own boss o. I get Bluehost pro web hosting for sale. Comes with free domain and site lock. Very cheap. If you're interested message me.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by MadamVanessa(f): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
shocked

My boss back then in Lagos was so lovely reason I couldn't refused him when he asked me out only for me discovered that he was a pro magician on bed.

It been long I had such a glorious and wonderful sex..man was too good with his dick.

Anytime I remember his steps and techniques he uses on me then I become so wet immediately. I miss him.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by backnbeta(f): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2022
When your boss is an inadequate dictator who steals credit and is extremely toxic grin

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by rentAcock(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Honestly there's nothing like being your own boss. If you do uber, drive your own keke, braid hair, own a shop and don't report to anyone, that alone will extend your life span. I cannot be working hard to please another human being knowing that my best is never enough and I'm easily replaceable.

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by iamezekwesiri: 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
i read only HE,

WBU, the SHE!!!

I HAVE ONE HERE.

FOUGHT YESTERDAY AND TODAY. EVERYWHERE STEW IN THE OFFICE. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by DropsMic(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hmm
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Legend44(m): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
pls i am in need of a job. BSc international relations and diplomacy
current location Akure and open for relocation.

THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Efulefu(f): 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Just Slap Am (the boss) And Move On

Then post your CV here for another job opportunity grin grin grin
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by bigdammyj: 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Noted
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by MathewOG(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2022
Mine was #3. I had to become super humble and efficient on the job. She later became my greatest supporter throughout my duration with the organization. One thing people should know in a workplace is that "your boss is your number one customer". Know this and know peace in your work circle.
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Fgovernor: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2022
grin
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Belemahue: 1:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
Izprince:
for future you go carry pass am
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by datola: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
No 1 bosses are the best

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Oyindamolah: 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2022
Legend44:
pls i am in need of a job. BSc international relations and diplomacy
current location Akure and open for relocation.

THANK YOU
A reputable Day and Boarding School with headquarters in Akobo area of Ibadan, Oyo State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title:
House Mistress
House Master
Subject teachers

Requirement
Benefit

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: mbahengwariconstane@gmail.com Or abrahamprecious@yahoo.com
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Creditalerts: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
sad
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Creditalerts: 1:39pm On Mar 29, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

My boss back then in Lagos was so lovely reason I couldn't refused him when he asked me out only for me discovered that he was a pro magician on bed.

It been long I had such a glorious and wonderful sex..man was too good with his dick.

Anytime I remember his steps and techniques he uses on me then I become so wet immediately. I miss him.
madam meduza angry
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Crafteck1: 1:42pm On Mar 29, 2022
Are you guys not tired of this toxic that wreaks of inferiority complex? If youve run a company before you will know most workers are bastaarrds, as i said earlier, ive worked for people and people work for me, i tried being nice but it would get you nowhere, almost everyone is in the work game to take undue advantage, if you would come out to point at bad bosses kindly make sure you are a good worker, not the type that runs home or steals or lies about sickness etc for financial gains. I remember trying to make staff happy by paying december salary on 22,na that time one worker knew he couldn't come again, he has got another job, on site maintenence manager didn't notice generator radiator leaking because he was more interested in taking breeze in the opposite compound while i noticed once i passed, the gen knocking would have led to an 800k engine replacement, being good or bad is an individual thing but i know most people that comment here are usually lazy, stealing or seeking undue advantage..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by schoolboymatt(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
Most of my employees and apprentice think I am number 6 whereas I am actually number 1.

It hurts me that they think of me that way when I only want the best for them.

I am considering firing their lazy ass.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Toay(m): 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2022
What happens if your boss is 2-7.

Make him kuku kill you?
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by nwachinemel(m): 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2022
Vickkymanny:
Omo, just be ur own boss o. I get Bluehost pro web hosting for sale. Comes with free domain and site lock. Very cheap. If you're interested message me.

how much for the cpanel
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by Whazar(m): 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2022
Oyindamolah:

Job Title:
House Mistress
House Master
Subject teachers

Requirement
Benefit

How to Apply
Don’t tell me that’s nickdel college

I passed out from there
Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by elonmuskbaby: 3:45pm On Mar 29, 2022
Number 6 was waylaying me and waiting for me to fall into his stupid trap so he can have justification to query me because I chose not to be a victim of his narcissistic behaviour and boom I fired him before he could think of firing me.very irritating old man undecided

Mr know everything yet nothing inside him pocket

1 Like

Re: Types Of Boss You Will Meet And How To Handle Them by MadamOk(f): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
My boss is a motivational and inspirational

He will inspire you to do the best

He does not care your qualifications
As far you can speak simple English and write something down

(1) (2) (Reply)

Human Capital Partners Test Format / Lapo/grooming Centre Issue / Vacancies For Lagbus Ticketing Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.