Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye (565 Views)

Female Member Of A White Garment Church Seen Smoking Weed In Edo (Pix, Video) / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2022
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, said he dedicated a white garment church last September based on divine instruction.

The cleric, who recently clocked 80 years, disclosed this on Sunday during a special sermon titled, ‘Going Higher (Part 54)’.

The octogenarian had in September 2021 dedicated the Lagos cathedral of the Love of Christ Generation Church C&S (Worldwide), founded by Reverend Esther Ajayi amid sweeping criticisms by Pentecostals.

But Adeboye, on Sunday, said he was directed by God to dedicate Ajayi’s church.

The octogenarian said, “In Acts 11:1-18, after Peter came from the house of Cornelius, the great apostles gathered together, called him to a meeting and challenged him; ‘What were you doing in the house of a gentile? We heard that you went there?’ They didn’t tell us all that they said but they probably told him; ‘You went to the house of a gentile because he was rich.’. Peter had to say that the spirit made him go.”

Continuing, Adeboye said, “Whether you believe it or not, I got quite a lot of queries recently from well-meaning Christians: ‘Daddy GO Sir, we learnt that you went to a white garment church to dedicate a church. You of all people?’

“I said the spirit made me go. I was obeying the spirit.
“Years ago, I think 1982 or so, I was invited to one little white-garment church, it wasn’t a big one. I went because they said they have heard about me and I should come and preach. I got to the door, they asked me to remove my shoes, I did, because the spirit made me go.

“There was a man in the church, an engineer, that God knew He was going to need in the building of a campground that we had not even located at the time.

“I went, I preached, he (the engineer) gave his life to Jesus. He came to the Redeemed Christian Church of God and he became the engineer who started the work of the camp, he was the second-in-command to the Baba Adura (spiritual head of the white garment church).

“I went because God said, ‘Go.’ In the things of God, don’t jump to conclusion, tread carefully.”
source:https://punchng.com/why-i-dedicated-white-garment-church-adeboye/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by budaatum: 2:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
I can not wait for this Spirit to tell him to go preach in a mosque. Perhaps that same Spirit might also tell him to let the Imam come preach in his church one day.

Love your neighbour, would be a good theme for both.
Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by dawnomike(m): 2:47pm On Mar 28, 2022
budaatum:
I can not wait for this Spirit to tell him to go preach in a mosque. Perhaps that same Spirit might also tell him to let the Imam come preach in his church one day.

Love your neighbour, would be a good theme for both.

In as much as I understand the angle you are coming from, he is the spiritual father of so many people and thus, many of them may get offended by your comment.

Let's all be sensitive to other people's feeling where their religion or faith is concerned... #Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by Uprightness100(m): 3:15pm On Mar 28, 2022
If Papa says GOD ALMIGHTY Directed him , then I am nobody to say otherwise. That is between him and GOD.
Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by budaatum: 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2022
dawnomike:
In as much as I understand the angle you are coming from, he is the spiritual father of so many people and thus, many of them may get offended by your comment.

Let's all be sensitive to other people's feeling where their religion or faith is concerned... #Peace

My feeling is that the angle I am coming from is the Spiritual and Godly angle, especially for a nation like Nigeria where those in the Mosque are not only our neighbours but sometimes our mother and father or sibling or friend or business partner or wife or child. But perhaps we should ask.

Many people whom this is your spiritual father, raise your hand please if you have no interaction with a Muslim.

Our books must in future at least be the New and the Old and the Quran - unless we want to insist that living on bread alone will not continue to make us ignorant - and "spiritual father of so many people" should be telling so many people so. But we must first learn not to believe books, I guess, and understand what we read instead.

I read Jesus was so insensitive, he went into a temple and busted it up, dawnomike. This is our religious temple where many are not sensitive to anyone's Gods not to talk of spirits, so don't expect buda to care about "people's feeling" please.

buda will offend. As peacefully as buda does.

Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by sapientia(m): 5:01pm On Mar 28, 2022
Hahahaha

This man is old and should be replaced

They only quote Bible when it suits

White garment Churches are not gentiles so your explanation do not hold water

That you needed to explain the reason for your action shows you are having double mind

Any pastor with a clear mind will never need to explain why he dedicated a white garment church

Edited: Do not quote me looking for an imaginary respect for people who made themselves men of God. I do not care what you think about them so do not try to force it on me
Re: Why I Dedicated White Garment Church –adeboye by cornelboy(f): 8:43pm On Mar 28, 2022
He said the spirit not the "holy spirit", probably his spirit.

(1) (Reply)

All Sexual Perversions & Immorality Are Evidence Of Demon Possessions / Join Us For The Homegoing Ceremony Of Late Pastor Bonne Moon Johnson - TD Jakes / GODS WORD 4 D HOUR 001 By Omega Cyber Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.