Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock (42904 Views)

Academy Bans Will Smith From Oscars For 10 Years Over Chris Rock Slap / Saskay Disgraces Cross For Slapping Her Bum At BBNaija Jacuzzi Party / Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Nobody: 4:17am On Mar 29, 2022
Sheggy13:

Not the whole country but virtually all Igbos were praising Bianca for being violent publicly just because she's the wife of their Lord, Ojukwu.
If it were Remi Tinubu that slapped another woman that way, they won't allow us hear word. Hypocrites.

Are you people so dense that you cannot see away from this tribalistic lens. All igbos were happy because the person she slapped was tyrannical and always went overboard on others, so it was a relief that she was served her own medicine from Bianca. We don't do eye service as igbos
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by kunkelhanspeter(m): 4:31am On Mar 29, 2022
But that not a bad joke for me oh Chris was Jada shave her hair like G.I Jane using her to for G.I Jane 2 won’t be a bad idea.
But come to think of it why will I fight for my wife who have been sleeping around?

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:50am On Mar 29, 2022
AudioMonkey:
Will Smith Simpth.

We've always known cuckolds to be white men until Will Smith came and broke that record to be the simpest cuckold of all time.

Collect the award from the simp.
He's a disgrace to all black men worldwide.
I'm really disappointed in will Smith, he went too far, perhaps he should have just cautioned him instead of choosing violence and to think he's defending a woman that cheated on him with a guy that's old enough to be his son, jeez!

4 Likes

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 29, 2022
Uprightness100:
All I see that happened there was purely a Staged Coded Satanic ritual.

First of all Mr. Smith moved up there with the hidden hand Sign/symbol ( If you know u know). And when u see the stage of the Oscars, it's all decorated with the illuminanti symbols.

Don't be Deceived by them. It's all a distraction. A Distraction to Distract the world from what is Needful and to engage the world Inhabitants in non essentials.

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by yinkeys(m): 5:16am On Mar 29, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Let him lose it. Bkack man and misbehaviour everywhere. It's in the DNA. They migrated to the USA over 300 years ago yet, that black man's character has never eluded them...DNA is so strong my people. If you go to the USA, in spite of their exposure and the fact that many of them have never been to Africa in their entire life since their great-great grannies migrated as a result of slavery to the USA, they still behave like Africans.

No white man wouid behave like will Smith had done. He'd just walk away to avoid embarrassment. Their name means a lot to them so, they guide it jealously. I wish Smith could lose the Oscar to serve as a deterrent to others.
He had an emotional response sadly

I’ve learnt over the years to to try to follow this steps before reacting.
Instinct—> Reason—->Emotions

Always try to have a logical response not an emotional one.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Wazobia2216: 5:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Of course it was real.

Everytime I remember the incident and see the picture, I cringe. Will was provoked, and rightly so, but he should have used words to slay Chris, not violence. Words are capable of causing more damage than violence ever can because they can break the spirit.

He crossed a line and he deserves to have his award stripped. Disgraceful behaviour.
Which rightly so

Was he (Will) not laughing at others when the same Chris was cracking jokes

2 Likes

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Neddstark: 6:08am On Mar 29, 2022
jaxxy:

Would u tolerate sm1 cracking jokes about ur legally married wife and mother of ur kids??

Hello I will walk away.
So i should fight over a woman? So what if i hit someone I am stronger than over a joke on my wife. Then the person brings a gun to settle the fight? Or he secretely hires an assassin. This life is not worth some troubles.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by MonsterLoader: 6:21am On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Of course it was real.

Everytime I remember the incident and see the picture, I cringe. Will was provoked, and rightly so, but he should have used words to slay Chris, not violence. Words are capable of causing more damage than violence ever can because they can break the spirit.

He crossed a line and he deserves to have his award stripped. Disgraceful behaviour.

Nigeria they shook mouth for Oyibo matter. Who call you undecided
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by rex21: 6:32am On Mar 29, 2022
Justinlean02:

The thing is that things are getting so easy that people are getting unnecessarily sensitive. People have gotten so soft, especially in this America. Good times create weak people. Well, that's what often happens when people have less meaningful things to worry about. They'll then look for meaningless things to worry about. Thirdly, as you probably know by now, Jada Pinkett Smith has alopecia since, I think, 8 years now. She has talked about the stuff a couple of times and about how it makes her insecure. She'll live with it. It's not the end of the world. She'll be fine. I would have taken his side if he didn't laugh at that joke at first. That laugh and his subsequent reaction showed he doesn't think for himself in that marriage. When a joke was being made of Samuel L. Jackson, he kept a straight face at first to know if the joke will sit well with him. When the joke landed right, he smiled and gave a thumbs up to Regina Hall. That's how OGs do. You don't laugh at a joke first and throw a tantrum afterwards. That's a sissy move. He could have even walked out of the event in protest and watched as the whole world supports him. But he had to ruin it and had the guts to cry during his award as showed himself as a victim and a champion of love. What a punk!

Big man, abeg you need a cold bottle of hero. How can one laughed heartily to a joke then react negatively to it. Na remote control things na

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 29, 2022
JosephXavier:
Will Smith, once a happy and energetic actor that fits different category of movies like romance, action and comedy

Jada Pinketh always jump at the opportunity to disgrace Will Smith at any given opportunity, yet the young man still have to fight publicly for her

I pray they don't strip him if his award because it will be a double joepardy considering what the young man have suffered for the past few years to stay in marriage

The young man has been giving us memes back to back

So far, only you made sense. The man is in a toxic entanglement.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by maticar: 6:57am On Mar 29, 2022
Hisbah21:
well what he did was not the best way to react as a public figure
At all and now it's gonna cost him

Denzel put it rightly to him, the devil comes at such time to steal ones shine
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by caprini1: 7:05am On Mar 29, 2022
koyyess:
I understand Hollywood well enough to know this is scripted. undecided grin
Thank you!....Chris Rock that can run for Africa,just stood there waiting for Will to come slap him.... Everything was scripted,one... Andrew Garfield was suppose to win the award given to Will,they needed something to take the attention away.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by jclassiq(m): 7:10am On Mar 29, 2022
AudioMonkey:
Will Smith Simpth.

We've always known cuckolds to be white men until Will Smith came and broke that record to be the simpest cuckold of all time.

What a douchebag, that will Smith of a guy. I have never liked him.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by wolesmile(m): 7:13am On Mar 29, 2022
ScamDemicEra:

...by the time you realize he's right and you're wrong, it may be too late for you -you fit don already entered "one chance" !!!
That "Scam" in your moniker answers it all. I needn't give any response.
Birds of a feather...
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by jaxxy(m): 7:17am On Mar 29, 2022
Neddstark:

Hello I will walk away.
So i should fight over a woman? So what if i hit someone I am stronger than over a joke on my wife. Then the person brings a gun to settle the fight? Or he secretely hires an assassin. This life is not worth some troubles.

I don't support the violent reaction bt I wouldn't find it funny either. This was a public event and sm1 cracks inappropriate joke about ur wife. Fvck
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by jclassiq(m): 7:20am On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Of course it was real.

He was provoked on his wife's behalf. You think the woman would be very proud, yeah? I think she would be mortified.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by everythinggirly(f): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2022
The bianca slap is going viral. LoL.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Neddstark: 7:27am On Mar 29, 2022
jaxxy:

I don't support the violent reaction bt I wouldn't find it funny either. This was a public event and sm1 cracks inappropriate joke about ur wife. Fvck

It was not an inappropriate joke. He didn't call his wife a LovePeddler that she is. Well, i will like to be an MC at an event and if I make a slight joke on your wife, abeg come and hit me. I assure you, you won't fúvk well for a very long time.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by jaxxy(m): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2022
Neddstark:

It was not an inappropriate joke. He didn't call his wife a LovePeddler that she is. Well, i will like to be an MC at an event and if I make a slight joke on your wife, abeg come and hit me. I assure you, you won't fúvk well for a very long time.

He made a joke of her health condition I hear. That would be quite wrong. Tho I thought jada cut her hair cos she liked a low cut.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Neddstark: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2022
jaxxy:

He made a joke of her health condition I hear. That would be quite wrong. Tho I thought jada cut her hair cos she liked a low cut.

For the first time, i got to know Jada had a hair condition. Probably same with Chris, you and millions of others. Comedians are invited to events to crackle it up a little. Believe me, these guys are very careful of what they say. An anti-lgbt joke can cost them their careers. That is why Chris was surprised he got hit, if he knew he was going to be hit, he would have avoided Will Smith as he climbed the stage. Will Smith overreacted stupidly to please his wife.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by jaxxy(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2022
Neddstark:

For the first time, i got to know Jada had a hair condition. Probably same with Chris, you and millions of others. Comedians are invited to events to crackle it up a little. Believe me, these guys are very careful of what they say. An anti-lgbt joke can cost them their careers. That is why Chris was surprised he got hit, if he knew he was going to be hit, he would have avoided Will Smith as he climbed the stage. Will Smith overreacted stupidly to please his wife.

Many comedians cracked jokes about Lgbt untill the saw serious backlash. Some still crack about gays bt they are careful or when and where cos of the lgbt movement.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:41am On Mar 29, 2022
Hisbah21:
well what he did was not the best way to react as a public figure
What he did was not the best way to react by any sane human being. We all should Iearn how to exercise our emotions. That's what makes us intelligent and higher mammals. We aren't donkeys. That's not to say we shouldn't respond to negativity where needed, but there is a always a good and bad way to do virtually anything in this life.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Olatara(f): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2022
othermen:
Glad to see that the oscars  is not condoning such assaults.

Condoning the assault on ChrisRock is condoning the Charlie Hebdo shooting. Dave Chappelle or Ricky Gervais deserves physical and violent assault too.

WillSmith and those not condemning his behavior ought to be very ashamed of themselves. The joke was not even deep.

And if Denzel came to the ceremony with his brain and heart; it was ChrisRock that needed and deserved the warmth.
Denzel Washington fall my hand.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 29, 2022
AudioMonkey:
Will Smith Simpth.

exactly brother.he is a disgrace to the black community.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by Spechialone(f): 8:03am On Mar 29, 2022
VIA IG POST
In his latest Instagram post, Will apologized to Chris and everyone else for his ‘unacceptable’ behavior at this year’s event.

“My behavior at last night’s Academy Awards was unacceptable and inexcusable. Jokes at my expense are a part of the job, but a joke about Jada’s medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally,” he wrote.

“I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness. “

I really felt Will took it too far because its no secret that she has Alopecia...she did not hide it. Chris just commended her hair style thats all, it had no direct remark to her health condition...but guess Will was paranoid from something else and took it out on the next available brother tongue
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by morakakin(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2022
Omo na nigga be will Smith,how the Bleep you joke about person wife live in tv,even if he has problems at home.him lucky not to get body slam.will Smith is one of the coolest person on earth, him never ever bleeped up be before
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by maasoap(m): 8:08am On Mar 29, 2022
Eriokanmi:
[s] Let him lose it. Bkack man and misbehaviour everywhere. It's in the DNA. They migrated to the USA over 300 years ago yet, that black man's character has never eluded them...DNA is so strong my people. If you go to the USA, in spite of their exposure and the fact that many of them have never been to Africa in their entire life since their great-great grannies migrated as a result of slavery to the USA, they still behave like Africans.

No white man wouid behave like will Smith had done. He'd just walk away to avoid embarrassment. Their name means a lot to them so, they guide it jealously. I wish Smith could lose the Oscar to serve as a deterrent to others. [/s]

You didn't disappoint, white men's asslicker. Go and work on your self esteem, you look down too much on the colour of your skin.

1 Like

Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2022
That is what you get for being a SIMPle man.

SIMPLICITY does not pay for a man.

His first Oscar for that matter!
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by maasoap(m): 8:16am On Mar 29, 2022
Ishilove:

Froshloaded:
Will Smith the biggest simp...
AudioMonkey:
Will Smith Simpth.

heniford2:
Make them collect that award jor give better man nobi half man abeg undecided dey hold dat kind award yeye smith

He earned my respect. Next time, no man born of a woman will repeat that. He defended his wife and her honour, not like you simps who wouldn't even know what to do. Lol.
Concerning the award, a piece of metal! That one can go to hell. Even the slap receiver said that he's not pressing any charges because he knew that he crossed the line and deserved what he got.

Sheggy13:

Not the whole country but virtually all Igbos were praising Bianca for being violent publicly just because she's the wife of their Lord, Ojukwu.
If it were Remi Tinubu that slapped another woman that way, they won't allow us hear word. Hypocrites.

Our people are hypocrites my friend. A woman received slap, they said that she deserved it and praised the giver. But a man gave out a deserved slap, they're calling for his head.
That's the same arguments with the Russia/Ukraine conflict.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by maasoap(m): 8:21am On Mar 29, 2022
obynzo:

Are you people so dense that you cannot see away from this tribalistic lens. All igbos were happy because the person she slapped was tyrannical and always went overboard on others, so it was a relief that she was served her own medicine from Bianca. We don't do eye service as igbos

And what do you know about the man Smith slapped? Lol
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by maasoap(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2022
JAMO84:
I heard several of his friends slept with his wife, he didn't hit them. He had to hit someone over a mere joke.

WILL SMITH IS A FVCKING SIMP

Really, a mere joke! I need to pass a joke on your wife while you look like mumu standing next to me.
Re: Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2022
maasoap:

He earned my respect. Next time, no man born of a woman will repeat that. He defended his wife and her honour, not like you simps who wouldn't even know what to do. Lol.
Concerning the award, a piece of metal! That one can go to hell. Even the slap receiver said that he's not pressing any charges because he knew that he crossed the line and deserved what he got.

Did you say no man

Will Smith knows Rock is a carefree fellow. He can't try that nonsense with every man. Can he try it with Mayweather, Anthony Joshua, 50 Cent, and some other black celebs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Elo Tried Cuddling With Diane, She Refused (photo, Video) / BBNaija: Fans React As Beatrice Gets Verified On Instagram (Picture) / How To Migrate From Your Current Bouquet To Another Bouquet On Startimes Pay TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.