Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,031 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? (457 Views)

Most Expensive Kilowatt-Hour In Africa - Statisense / Truly!! Nigerian Citizens Forget Things So Soon And Is Our Bane / What Is Really Going On In Anambra State These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by colestephan86: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2022
people say the reason things are expensive is cos of the soaring exchange rate.
1 Japanese Yen is =3.36 Naira, yet Japan is an extremely advanced country.
So why are things so expensive here.

I don't understand
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by carl90(m): 11:37pm On Mar 28, 2022
Inflation.
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by Sergio104(m): 11:46pm On Mar 28, 2022
cheesy......see question
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by DaddyGoo: 12:16am On Mar 29, 2022
1.Inflation.
2. Little to no local productivity (we don't even refine our crude)
3. A large percentage of our HUGE population is unemployed based on (2) above.
4. The generally unfavorable regional and global financial and security situation.
5. Corruption and dishonesty in dealing with ourselves. The best example of this is how we can't even account for the utilisation of the fuel we import daily with billions of hard earned and limited USD earnings.
6. Localised insecurity resulting directly and indirectly from all of the above.

In conclusion, a country where the Army is on internal security operations in almost ALL the states is surely experiencing shocks that surpass economic instability. Never mind the obvious repercussions of this fact, some of which I have enumerated.

Does Japan share the same problems? Maybe some, but surely not at our level for the few they may have.

May God protect and keep us all in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by SarkinYarki: 12:18am On Mar 29, 2022
Because people like U voted Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by olisaEze(m): 5:05am On Mar 29, 2022
You planted cassava and you’re expecting to harvest cabbage, no be juju be that??

"Even if he has Nepa Certificate we will still vote for him!"

And what do you get for letting Nepa Certificate manage your economy? An economy as epileptic as Nepa!! grin
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by colestephan86: 7:08am On Mar 29, 2022
DaddyGoo:
1.Inflation.
2. Little to no local productivity (we don't even refine our crude)
3. A large percentage of our HUGE population is unemployed based on (2) above.
4. The generally unfavorable regional and global financial and security situation.
5. Corruption and dishonesty in dealing with ourselves. The best example of this is how we can't even account for the utilisation of the fuel we import daily with billions of hard earned and limited USD earnings.
6. Localised insecurity resulting directly and indirectly from all of the above.

In conclusion, a country where the Army is on internal security operations in almost ALL the states is surely experiencing shocks that surpass economic instability. Never mind the obvious repercussions of this fact, some of which I have enumerated.

Does Japan share the same problems? Maybe some, but surely not at our level for the few they may have.

May God protect and keep us all in this country.
Thanks man,
For the explanation
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by alanto: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2022
Bad government policies
High dollar exchange rate
Fuel price hike
Not using 5, 10 naira and kobo
Insecurity.
High tax and vat
Re: Why Are Things So Expensive These Days? by Deprofessional(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2022
My happiness is that those who voted the current regime are finding life extremely hard.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Sack Amaechi Within 48 Hours, Nigerian Youths Urge Buhari / Fg’s Faults: Stop Blaming Osinbajo — Lemo, CBN Ex-dep Gov, Cautions / I Was Lucky I Met Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu-Gov Bala Muhammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.