Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag (19296 Views)

Dangote Cement Now 1000 Naira Per Bag (Plus VAT) / Massive Price Drop on Houses From Ecobuild Nigeria Ltd. Prices Now from N1.0m / AFFORDABLE LANDS/HOUSES FOR SALE IN GBAGADA AND ENVIRON FROM N1.8M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Bensonite: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2011
In Port Harcourt, cement is sold around N1700-N1850 before now with this development it could be around N1500 which is better than 2 months ago of N2700. My fear is how long before another excuse comes to play again for a rise.
VoodooDoll:

Ok,

How do we know that this isn't just a cynical ploy to chase away new entrants or the competition.

-1) Drop the price to N1,350, temporarily, which you suspect is below the break even point for your competitors;

-2) Announce to the world at large that you've dropped the price;

-3) Your announcement puts political and social pressure on your competitors to drop their prices;

-4) Competitors go out of business; and

-5) You then raise your price well past the old high price, blame some "rascals" and head straight to the bank laughing!!!
You are right, may just be the game!
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by jpworld(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
For those of you who don't know, better know it now. cause you will be praising Goodrich Jonathan 4 nothings

When is time for raining season, cement always have bad sales to compare dry season. not too many construction goes on during raining season.

and that's the reason the price keep dropping, just wait for the next dry season, the price will go back to 2000+ Naira.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Jonathan has delivered the best dividends of good leadership in recent times among our leaders which is very evident in control of fuel price, reduction in kerosene price and the recent reduction in cement price. We should hail the most intelligent and educated president that Nigeria has ever had. He feels the pains of the masses. How many leaders have ever taken steps before him to alleviate the suffering of the masses? What you see before now was the incessant increase in fuel price above N100per litre every yuletide season and the breeze of the yuletide still make pple stand happily on long queues to get the product at such exorbitant prices. What if Sanusi was your president, you will faint writing lond threads on nairaland critizing his policies.

Dangote is a business man. If you think what he is doing is easy, please open a business and find out how hard it is to stay afloat in Nigeria's tight business terrain. I also propose that government should break the cabal in the cement sector by allowing new entrants to Cement importation and see the effect it would have on the prices.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by reindeer: 6:03pm On Jul 05, 2011
I cant wait for our spineless president to order Nepa to give people light. . .and to the roads to stop being bad. . . .and ah yes!Order boko haram to stop bombing.
rubbish man angry
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2011
Nothing stops anyone in Nigeria from setting up his own cement plant and undersell the existing players so as to drive down prices. Why should we be importing something we have no business importing? The problem is that lazy traders/ importers are not interested in manufacturing cement locally. We have limestone in 21 out of 36 states in Nigeria. Why should we allow folks to go all the way to china to import dust when the raw materials to make that dust is abundant in our backyard?

It would be grossly unfair to bait manufacturers into borrowing billions of dollars to set up new plants and expand only to now open the floodgates for importers to bring in cheaper products. Competition will only be fair when those importers/traders with money set up their own cement plants in Nigeria and compete with existing manufacturers.

They want to destroy our local cement industry the same way they destroyed our local textile industry by flooding the country with cheap substandard imports from china. [b]There are nine cement brands/makers in Nigeria [/b]and some people still say the cement industry is a monopoly that needs to be broken . So all this hate towards Dangote Cement is misplaced as it is not an individual, it is a company/public legal entity with shareholders and they are in business to make profit for their investors.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by maasoap(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
Some brain on nairaland can be best described as "rat brain", or why should someone copy a very lenghty post only to make one line comment.
Nigerians with the negative perception of every development, and of every solution to problems. We wanted price to come down and the price has come down. Evil, bigots, temporary, blah blah blah, just come up with fresh ideas and let share it.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by mithel(m): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
[size=18pt] ALERT ALERT ALERT

PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! PUBLICITY STUNT! 
[/size]
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by VoodooDoll(m): 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag
Some brain on nairaland can be best described as "rat brain", or why should someone copy a very lenghty post only to make one line comment.
Nigerians with the negative perception of every development, and of every solution to problems. We wanted price to come down and the price has come down. Evil, bigots, temporary, blah blah blah, just come up with fresh ideas and let share

=========================================================

He he he, If you believe the price drop without questioning "seasonality", price manipulation or something else, Give me your telephone number, there's a bridge and land in Ajah I want to sell to you,
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
in india cement retails for 800 naira. retail! something is wrong somewhere
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by snthesis(m): 7:25am On Jul 06, 2011
luluosas:

Olodo, Dangote only reduced the ex factory price from 1500 to 1350. Your Jonathan is best describe as AUTOCRATIC and he has no economic policies to drive our economy. If you think that, the directive of Jonathan is the reason for this drop, you would have been able to be buying Kerosene now at 50 naira in every filling station.

agbaya grin tongue
the kerosine issue is complicated as you can read from my excerpts below

snthesis:

as stated by Blue tooth- the rise in the price of kerosene is caused by some unscrupulous suppliers of Diesel. initially due the the price difference btw diesel (=N=110) and kerosine (=N=50.00) 2008 thereabouts. some evil geniuses came up with a way of beating the competition - a mixing formulae was developed- for a typical 33000 liter truck, the suppliers buys 20,000 litres of diesel and mixes it with 13,000 liters of kerosine in what is popularly termed "rice and beans". the beauty of this mixture is it still meets the octane range required by the diesel engines. unfortunately the trend caught on and every tom, dick and harry is into this mixing, the resultant is the perpetual scarcity of kerosene. and the law of demand/supply and price takes full effect- basically the price of kerosene goes up- shikena!!!!! tongue tongue
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by VoodooDoll(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2011
BusinessDay had on Monday, reported exclusively, a hike in cement price from N1,800 to N3,000 per bag, an increase of about 67%, caused by expired import certificates, which the customs are not willing to honour.

Cement manufacturers in the country have said that recent astronomical increases in the price of the product did not emanate from them, and that none of their seven factories has shifted ex-factory prices.

The Cement Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (CMAN), however complained a 13.72 per cent increase in the pump price of Low Pour Fuel Oil (LPFO), a major energy input in the production of cement.

So GEJ was hailed for a temporary price drop, should we blame him now for an astronomical increase?
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by VoodooDoll(m): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2011
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by stsoul(m): 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2012
luluosas:

Olodo, Dangote only reduced the ex factory price from 1500 to 1350. Your Jonathan is best describe as AUTOCRATIC and he has no economic policies to drive our economy. If you think that, the directive of Jonathan is the reason for this drop, you would have been able to be buying Kerosene now at 50 naira in every filling station.

If you have the cement available at a lower price cos i need 300 bags pls email me stsoul2001@yahoo.com
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by balarabe01(m): 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2012
[color=#006600][/color] cheesy Please friends i am a corper serving in Ekiti state of Nigeria.i just recently sold my landed property and joined some funds to raise some capital.I want to start a cement business i have done my feasibility study and everyotherthing,now all i need is some tips on ''How to locate my Cemet retail store'' in The town.please give me ur ideas.you can also mail me @Drabdulh@gmail.com Thank you.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by FastShipping: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
osuda:
buy the best cement in africa dangote cement. there is this undergoing distribution all over the state in nigeria buy a truck of cement and get 100 begs free and it will bring to your door step as user if you want to apply for this promo call the manager of distribution +2349036697377 or email www.dangotecementdepots@gmail.com

Buy as many trucks of cement you can buy and get 100 begs each of the truck free and the selling price is at nomal rite and this promo will stop at 31:08:2015

PURCHASE TRAILER LOAD OF DANGOTE CEMENT AT A LOW FACTORY PRICE.
WE SHIP TO ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY PROVIDED THE CUSTOMER(S) ARE (IS) READY, WILLING AND ABLE TO TRADE.

*PRODUCT: DANGOTE CEMENT (50KG)
*ORIGIN: DANGOTE FACTORY.
*PRICE PER BAG: 800 NAIRA ONLY.
*TRAILER LOAD QTY: 600 BAGS.
*Total Cost: 600 BAGS X 950 NAIRA: = >>>>>>> NAIRA ONLY.
*DURATION OF DELIVERY AFTER ORDER:2DAYS MAXIMUM.
*TRANSPORTATION COST: DEPENDS ON DISTANCE/YOUR STATE.

FRAUD ALERT!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Ndeewonu: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2015
wesley80:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-crashes-cement-price-to-n1-350/94408/

I understand its the 'factory price' but no doubt it wld significantly reduce the retail price to between 1,500-1,600. I'm sure this is happening because of Dangote's magnanimity and GEJ's directive had absolutely nothing to do with this, afterall his policies are supposed to make us all worse off abi?

You are blatantly blinded by your hatred for this man!
Did you know that Jonathan gave Dangote import waivers, which has ensured that he made more money in business? I guess you are aware! Magnanimity my foot!
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by wesley80(m): 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ndeewonu:

You are blatantly blinded by your hatred for this man!
Did you know that Jonathan gave Dangote import waivers, which has ensured that he made more money in business? I guess you are aware! Magnanimity my foot!

Ever heard of a word called sarcasm?
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by Frantess: 5:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
Could anyone please confirm the current factory price of Dangote cement, BUA cement and Lafarge cement? Urgent response required please. Thanks.
Re: Dangote Drops Factory Price Of Cement From N1,500 To 1,350 Per Bag by franklynsunny(m): 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2017
Hw much is bag of Cement nw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Roofing Materials-nigeria / DISTRESS SALE DISTRESS SALE EXISTING FENCED FARM / Fire Outbreak At Abibu Oki, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.