Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 (81942 Views)

Ajimobi Declares Assets / Senator Shehu Sani Declares Assets, Says He's Worth #22m, Several Houses / Buhari, VP Fail To Declare Assets Publicly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2011
dayokanu:

They have always earned mega millions, I remember the furniture allowance wahala way back in 1999.

Hardly would you have any Senator for 4yrs worth less than 500m

Allowance is NOT SAME as earnings. Usually allowance cannot be used to purchase Property IN THEIR OWN NAME, hence the reason why we had the furniture wahala in the first place. There are lots of senators that are worth less than 500m because we have not always paid them millions. I ask again, are you sure you are not quoting recent Salary figures and thinking they also applied back in 2003? Remember we did not have 10's of billions in reserve until about 2007/2008 when price of oil jumped through the roof.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
enyojo:

I do not have anything at stake in Abiola Ajimobi's Millions or Billions, neither do I hold fort for his being blameless
At least for being amongst the few who made open their worth, it is commendable.

My point exactly is this: I as a person cannot work as MD/CEO of a powerful multinational as Shell and not have an oil well, just like it is today that I'm building a number of houses just because I happen to be an Engineer in a cool job.

So at that level of MD, men, it is juicy even without any iota of corrupt practice.

Not all Shell MDs have oil wells. This man was not a CEO but an MD, and again, not all Shell MDs have/own oil wells. Managing Directors are directors and are themselves paid annual income of some amount. Please ask the man for the figures . . . not conclude that he has to be simply because he claims he is.

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by enyojo(f): 7:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
In as much as we advocate for equitable distribution of wealth, till now, we still operate a capitalist society.
In my estimation, capitalism is in order under good government and zero tolerance to corruption.
Maybe you should push for Communism in Nigeria then.

But till then, don't sound unhappy that a hard-working man who is yet to be traced to any crime declared so much.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2011
enyojo:

In as much as we advocate for equitable distribution of wealth, till now, we still operate a capitalist society.
In my estimation, capitalism is in order under good government and zero tolerance to corruption.
Maybe you should push for Communism in Nigeria then.

But till then, don't sound unhappy that a hard-working man who is yet to be traced to any crime declared so much.

um . . . what has equitable distribution of wealth to do with this subject or anything? What has capitalism, which has always been the norm in Nigeria to do with this?

The simple fact is NOT ALL MD's own oil wells as you pretend should be EXPECTED, so what are you getting at?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by enyojo(f): 7:44pm On Jul 04, 2011
What I'm saying is that we should conserve our energies and fire at the right direction!
Ajimobi should be saved of the on-line scrutiny for now until we have any concrete evidence against him.
Besides, he is settling down to face the hectic business of Government.
Thanks, Gud nyte
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by 4Play(m): 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2011
According to the form filled by the governor, the total amount of cash he has in banks in the country is N292, 432, 107.00 while he has none in any foreign account.

The governor also declared that he had a mansion in Ibadan worth N250m, a building in the same city worth N150m, another one with the value of N300m in Lagos, as well as a detached house worth N300m in Abuja.

He added that he had a flat purchased through mortgage financing worth £450,000 in the United Kingdom, another worth £1.95m, purchased through mortgage in the UK and another house worth $1.5m in the United States of America.

Ajimobi also declared that he owned 131 acres of farm land in a village at the Ido Local Government area of Ibadan worth N150m, two Lagos-based companies, Viz Grandex Nigeria Limited, worth N200m and Network Petroleum Nigeria Limited, worth N260m.

The governor put the worth of all his vehicles at N94.25m and household furniture, which include generating sets and electronics at N25m.

Let's see:
Cash - N292m
House in Ibadan - N250m
Another house in Ibadan - N150m
House in Lagos - N300m
House in Abuja - N300m

That's nearly N1.3bn (or around $8.5m) in Nigeria alone before counting the declared assets abroad. Clearly, most of his wealth is from his time as Senator not his time as the MD of the subsidiary of Shell.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
enyojo:

What I'm saying is that we should conserve our energies and fire at the right direction!
Ajimobi should be saved of the on-line scrutiny for now until we have any concrete evidence against him.
Besides, he is settling down to face the hectic business of Government.
Thanks, Gud nyte

Excuse me but please stop letting common sense only show up once in a while. Last I checked, if WE do not, ONLINE AND OFF, SCRUTINIZE our Government, we will likely NEVER get evidence against or for him.

You have chosen to JUSTIFY his declaration simply on the grounds that he declared it . . . . nothing else, and you feel that is sensible?

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by hercules07: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2011
Kobo

Apparently you do not know how much these MDs earn, their salaries and "profit sharing" run into tens of millions per annum, Nigerian executives earn too too much.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2011
To correct some misconception here, National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company (NOLCHEM) was NOT a subsidiary of Shell. It was a government owned company that was privatized in 2001 to Conpetro (owned by Mike Adenuga) who changed the name to Conoil Plc.

I can understand Ajimobi made his money from a mismanaged and loss-making government enterprise (as Managing Director). As a matter of fact, that company only started making profit after it was privatized. I know this because I wanted to buy the shares after it the government privatized it.

4 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2011
hercules07:

Kobo

Apparently you do not know how much these MDs earn, their salaries and "profit sharing" run into tens of millions per annum, Nigerian executives earn too too much.

I think it is apparent by now that we do not need another telling us of their perceived idea of how much these MD's earn . . . If you have the exact numbers to offer, especially in this man's case, SPILL . . . else, read my suggestion . . , we require that he reveal information on how much he earned, source and legitimacy of source. PERIOD!

2 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by hercules07: 9:01pm On Jul 04, 2011
I do not know about this man, but, I can assure you that profit sharing can net an MD over 20 Million Naira on a bad year.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2011
hercules07:

I do not know about this man, but, I can assure you that profit sharing can net an MD over 20 Million Naira on a bad year.

Well, I think we have already tackled all these claims at this point.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by MaiSuya(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2011
na wa o! these politicians get money no be small. . .

I just have to wonder, with such stupendous wealth, what does he sill need (political) power for?
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 05, 2011
4 Play:

Let's see:
Cash - N292m
House in Ibadan - N250m
Another house in Ibadan - N150m
House in Lagos - N300m
House in Abuja - N300m

That's nearly N1.3bn (or around $8.5m) in Nigeria alone before counting the declared assets abroad. Clearly, most of his wealth is from his time as Senator not his time as the MD of the subsidiary of Shell.

Thank you jare my brother. I no sabi maths so I dey wait for somebody (like you) to calculate the total figures.

Now, the Nigeria-based net-worth alone is almost $9m. The US and UK properties are altogether almost $5m. . .making a sum total of roughly $14-15m (plus or minus N2billion). And he earned this much merely because he worked as a mid-upper manager/executive for subsidiaries of Royal Dutch  Shell? Somebody should please avail us of his legitimate earnings all through his career: the ACTUAL FIGURES. And meanwhile, are we assuming he saved every penny of his salaries, benefits, and "profit sharing" for 26 years? He didn't finance an upper middle-class lifestyle for himself and his family? He didn't undertake any expenses or projects? He didn't spend any of his personal resources on his many political campaigns since the 1990s? He didn't maintain his 'followers' and political henchmen in Ibadan for several years? Gosh. If he was the MD of Royal Dutch Shell worldwide, I would understand a bit. But some obscure executive of a Nigerian subsidiary? How much do most Fortune 500 companies pay their retiring CE0s as Golden Handshakes? The source of most western CEOs fabulous wealth is almost entirely the company stocks they are awarded as bonus; it's never about their actual salaries or benefits. You can check google for top multi-billion dollar corporations and how much salaries the CEOs earn annually, not even ordinary directors, managers or subsidiary heads like Ajimobi oh. How much of Shell's shares was Ajimobi allocated? Is Royal Dutch Shell (or its Nigerian subsidiary SPDC) even quoted in the Nigerian Stock Exchange? Haaa, na wah oh.  Some of you are just so pathetically naive and shallow. So you work in an oil company and bam! You are necessarily a dollar/pounds multi-millionaire of Forbes standing when you retire! How old are you kids?

5 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Jul 05, 2011
^^ You ignore the fact that Senators in Nigeria earn much more than most executives in the world

Ajimobi was a Senator for 4yrs
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by 4Play(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2011
kalokalo:

To correct some misconception here, National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company (NOLCHEM) was NOT a subsidiary of Shell. It was a government owned company that was privatized in 2001 to Conpetro (owned by Mike Adenuga) who changed the name to Conoil Plc.

I can understand Ajimobi made his money from a mismanaged and loss-making government enterprise (as Managing Director). As a matter of fact, that company only started making profit after it was privatized. I know this because I wanted to buy the shares after it the government privatized it.

Thanks for that correction. How do you buy mortgage financed properties in UK with assets solely in Nigeria. He's got properties in the UK worth £2.4m. I presume he put down at least a 10% deposit, £240k.

He's effectively become a millionaire working as a public official.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2011
No hope for Nigeria. Nigeria is the home of gullibility.

This money is from somewhere else. Not as MD of any company.

National Oil owned by Shell? Haba! Haba again! Where did you get this info from?

Mortgage in the UK when you have never lived there and you don't have accounts there? And, no accounts overseas? He's lying. Who acted as his proxy?

And, people are justifying all these resources and figures?

Sorry o, it doesn't add up

5 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2011
Nairalanders and their busy body and nagging tongues. Go and make your own money and stop beefing people that have worked hard for their money

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 9:06am On Jul 05, 2011
blink182:

Nairalanders and their busy body and nagging tongues. Go and make your own money and stop beefing people that have worked hard for their money

The epitome of idiocy.

6 Likes

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 05, 2011
^^^
Get a life dude
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 9:19am On Jul 05, 2011
blink182:

^^^
Get a life dude

You are the epitome of gullibility.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 05, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ You ignore the fact that Senators in Nigeria earn much more than most executives in the world

Ajimobi was a Senator for 4yrs

Well, you probably have a point, but what I wanted to clarify is that Ajimobi could not have accumulated that much wealth from his legitimate earnings as an employee in the oil industry. Simples. If he became a dollar multi-millionaire (worth up to $15m) as a Senator, well. . .that's neither here nor there, and it raises serious questions. Let's assume a Nigerian senator legally earns about $1.2m per annum. That means Ajimobi earned $4.8m (legally) during his four years in the senate. Now, are we saying that he saved up or invested ALL of that amount? Didn't he finance certain constituency projects? Didn't he 'mobilize' his political associates and constituents throughout his tenure - something that is extremely expensive in Nigerian politics? Didn't he spend part of that money in his expensive but unsuccessful gubernatorial campaign in 2007? We can see that even his LEGITIMATE earnings as a senator does not justify his huge wealth - as declared.

This leaves only three possibilities: One, he made great wealth through typical unscrupulous practices and under-the-table deals of Nigerian executives while managing the National Oil Company or working for Shell.
Two, he made stupendous money as a senator through the typical bribes from committee oversight functions and other such under-the table deals that National Assembly members engage in.
Three, he is not really worth up to the amount he declared as his assets. . .but only 'amplified' his net-worth in anticipation of what he intends to loot as governor.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

You are the epitome of gullibility.
Go and hustle woman wrapper, crying over another man's money. Ole, oloshi, evil doer, cry baby. Stay here quarreling while I'm in my air conditioned office struggling to the top of my career and sipping coffee while at it.

People will also call you a rogue after you work hard to earn your money. Yeye de smell. cool
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2011
blink182:

Go and hustle woman wrapper, crying over another man's money. Ole, oloshi, evil doer, cry baby. Stay here quarreling while I'm in my air conditioned office struggling to the top of my career and sipping coffee while at it.

People will also call you a rogue after you work hard to earn your money. Yeye de smell. cool

Somebody somewhere sometime ago engaged in something so profane, so immoral and so uncalled for and that moment of madness or lack of self control was a disservice to humanity which has now resulted in your demented existence.

Dumbo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2011
ola olabiy:

Somebody somewhere sometime ago engaged in something so profane, so immoral and so uncalled for and that moment of madness or lack of self control was a disservice to humanity which has now resulted in your demented existence.

Dumbo!
Nuisance I'm unsubscribing to this thread. You can freely express your frustrations and failures in life. The thread is all yours. grin tongue [size=50pt]JEALOUSY[/size]
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by idnole4(m): 11:02am On Jul 05, 2011
I'm sure Ajimobi doesn't just leave whatever he earned in a bank account somewhere, he would have invested, engaged in good businesses and of course he has two companies as stated in the declaration. So, he might have earned much of his wealth legitimately.

He has done a good thing by declaring his assets. I hope other governors declare their assets too.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2011
blink182:

Nuisance I'm unsubscribing to this thread. You can freely express your frustrations and failures in life. The thread is all yours. grin tongue [size=50pt]JEALOUSY[/size]

Born this way. So no hope, at all.

Not your fault, is it? How a man becomes conceived matters a lot.

We can't blame biology. No!

Amukun eru e woo . . . . . . .

What a pity!

Dumbo for life!
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2011
id-nole4:

I'm sure Ajimobi doesn't just leave whatever he earned in a bank account somewhere, he would have invested, engaged in good businesses and of course he has two companies as stated in the declaration. So, he might have earned much of his wealth legitimately.

He has done a good thing by declaring his assets. I hope other governors declare their assets too.
Thank you, this is what one should expect to read here. I've mingled with people that are not known anywhere in this country but when you hear their turnovers you'll be amazed and wonder how they manage to stay under radar.

I work for a company that has over 200 staffs with monthly income of over N45m, even the local govt won't be aware of our presence if not for tax clearance and some other things, we don't even have machineries. Our most valuable asset is information which can fit into 1gb and make u a millionaire anywhere in the world, my boss is in his thirties and enjoys a quiet life.

If he becomes governor tomorrow, a faceless moro. n from nowhere will say he's a thief because he declared money in the bank of over $10m.
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by olaolabiy: 11:34am On Jul 05, 2011
blink182:

Thank you, this is what one should expect to read here. I've mingled with people that are not known anywhere in this country but when you hear their turnovers you'll be amazed and wonder how they manage to stay under radar.

I work for a company that has over 200 staffs with monthly income of over N45m, even the local govt won't be aware of our presence if not for tax clearance and some other things, we don't even have machineries. Our most valuable asset is information which can fit into 1gb and make u a millionaire anywhere in the world, my boss is in his thirties and enjoys a quiet life.

If he becomes governor tomorrow, a faceless moro. n from nowhere will say he's a thief because he declared money in the bank of over $10m.

You are still a dumbo, even with a visor.

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Kalman(m): 11:54am On Jul 05, 2011
[size=13pt][/size]Somebody must have money and somebody must not.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 05, 2011
Kalman:

[size=13pt][/size]Somebody must have money and somebody must not.grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;
Yeah, and those who do not have should money stop crying and harassing those who have. Levels don gather up gan, you no fit stop me again I'm 10/10 if it pains them too much, they should rape their mothers and beat their sisters to death while we sip mixed fruit juice and enjoy exotic scenery in lavish locations.

Owner of evil load must carry their load, e go heavy them but them no go fit drop am grin
Re: Ajimobi Declares Assets, Has N292.4M In Banks, Owns Houses In US, UK - 2011 by bisiaet: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2011
Haba!!! Ajumobi! Ajumobi!! Ajumobi!!! How many time do I called you? Hhhhhhmmmmmm ok o

So you mean only you swallow all these you listed and no one ever known you to be this rich hhmmmmm ok oo

No more comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Really Caused The Nigerian Civil War Of 1967 - 1969? / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React / Do You Regret Not Working With Peter Obi: See Atiku's Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.